Toby

washsaint

Batman - you are an utter wet blanket and I did not think you could be quite as dumb as you appear to be in your posts. Now, I'm not so sure...............................

How on earth can you blame the club if this transfer does not come off? You have not got a clue what has gone on behind the scenes - and you are always quick to blame the club for anything that does not meet your satisfaction.

Would have thought you may have learnt your lesson from last summer and how you threw they toys out of the pram. But obviously not

Jesus, was not serious lol.

Only messing. I have said a few times I am quite confident we will get him.

If we don't. Meh. Just get another player who will earn millions from us

what an ingenious scheme. I think i've seen this done before

db0.jpg

Jesus, was not serious lol.

Only messing. I have said a few times I am quite confident we will get him.

If we don't. Meh. Just get another player who will earn millions from us

Times like this, don't you wish pap was around?

This is bull. No financially responsible person at Atletico would allow anything but the figures to dictate. Atletico Madrid are a football club not a ****ed off teenager

Could well be. But the way it was told to me, it is the figures dictating. And this was about maximising those figures either from us or another party. Again, willing this could be miles from the truth but just passin' it on in the interest of sharing.

So these option to buy agreements are not worth the paper they are written on, if indeed they are written on paper.

They are when a clause isn't inserted saying they have the right to cancel that deal if they pay x amount to the loaning club

I'm still fairly confident we could get him just for the facts that unless spurs manage to shift 2 or 3 of Kaboul, Fazio and Chiriches, they won't have that much wage space and they'd have 7 first team centre backs on the books, most clubs have 4, 5 maximum. Also the media say 'Levy flying to madrid to complete Toby deal' but it could just be for that DM they want from them (forgot his name). I can Imagine if Levy does want him he will be trying to throw in 1 of those I just mentioned that they probably want rid of, I can't see Atletico wanting any of them, they're a smartly run club.

In which case we would not have had him here last season.

That's just mental, he was a crucial signing, season could and probably would of been a lot worse without him. Him and Morgan are a class above any other players in the team ATM. Really hope we can retain just 1 (Toby)

Edited by Saint IQ

ok so i am ITK on sometging for a change. I know for a 100% fact that Les Reed is flying out to Madrid on Tuesday. siurce... cant say as they would be sacked if named.

not having it. unless I read it in the Metro

ok so i am ITK on sometging for a change. I know for a 100% fact that Les Reed is flying out to Madrid on Tuesday. siurce... cant say as they would be sacked if named.

Why isn't he flying out now for god''s sake!........................only messing!

I remember the meltdown when Les didn't bring home Rojo from his visit to Portugal, that turned out ok in the end.

Agree. While Toby is a known quantity, I'm sure that there are others out there that have been identified as being potentially being able to do the same.

that would be horrendous for saints. well within our price range.

lets see. but a LOT of noises about him going to spurs

who else have we be linked with who appears quite good?

If we don't get him, and spurs do I will be a bit annoyed. But you never know, maybe they felt there are other options available for better value for money. As a CB he was great, but I was unsure of him as a DM.

I have a good feeling we will finish above spurs this coming season :) COYS

PS We did well with the Lovren situation!

I hope it's with a suitcase full of 50's

The Juventus lad Ogbonna - other than that I can't recall too many off the top of my head.

Virgil van Dijk at Celtic was apparently our back-up choice to Toby before we got him in in the 1st place - hope we go for him.

Think he's got the potential - but Toby will be incredibly hard to replace.

Assuming this is correct (big asumption) either Toby is very much an option still, or we are signing someone else totally under the radar.

It could well be that we could match any fee Spurs are willing to pay, but not the wages offered. That's always going to be a problem for a club our size.