Toby

washsaint

We will be the laughing stock of football if he declines our offer and joins spurs

Why? The majority of people that follow football would expect him to prefer a move to Spurs over Saints. So if that actually happens, why would we be a laughing stock for merely trying to enforce a legal contract we had with A. Madrid? Its not our fault they may have ****ed up, and I see no problem with us taking issue with them messing us around.

What? how is a player choosing to join a bigger club make us a laughing stock?

Not so much with other clubs,but fans,have you seen the stuff from Saints fans on social media...granted the spurs fans are just as bad,but some of the stuff I have been reading was pretty cringe

Because he is easily worth 11 million plus. It's not particularly likely now that Athletico are suddenly going to allow him to go for a tiny amount.

I don't really care, we should run the club like a business, and that means being a bit savvy, and getting the best deal for SAINTS, I couldn't care less about AM, why should I?

Not so much with other clubs,but fans,have you seen the stuff from Saints fans on social media...granted the spurs fans are just as bad,but some of the stuff I have been reading was pretty cringe

err I don't follow social media feel free to post up the cringe for all to enjoy...

If this is true about AM not exercising their right to cancel the agreement, then the player becomes the property of SFC (once the agreed fee has been paid). This means that AM have no legal right over Toby so any deal done between them & any other party that is not SFC will become nul & void. If AM do not accept the monetary transaction (as seems the most obvious stumbling block) then SFC can ask a court to transfer the players registration to them on receipt of the pre-agreed sum.

The only real options for AM are 1. fully comply with the pre-agreed contract 2. face legal action. By the way the contract will be water tight as lawyers love nothing better than being anal when it comes to this sort of thing.

Adam Blackmore confirms that it's been checked out by BBC, and Atlético Madrid HAVE broken the terms of the loan agreement and missed the deadline.

well. here we go

how did the BBC get this info. saints doing their bizz in public?

who cares!!!! come on les

If this is true about AM not exercising their right to cancel the agreement, then the player becomes the property of SFC (once the agreed fee has been paid). This means that AM have no legal right over Toby so any deal done between them & any other party that is not SFC will become nul & void. If AM do not accept the monetary transaction (as seems the most obvious stumbling block) then SFC can ask a court to transfer the players registration to them on receipt of the pre-agreed sum.

The only real options for AM are 1. fully comply with the pre-agreed contract 2. face legal action. By the way the contract will be water tight as lawyers love nothing better than being anal when it comes to this sort of thing.

If this turns out to be true I think someone at AM is going to get the sack...

You've made a lot of assumptions there.

You have no idea if the agreement with Madrid actually operates to transfer Toby's registration or if it simply puts Madrid under an obligation to do so. If the latter then they would still hold his registration.

We don't know what the governing law of the agreement is or what forum a dispute would be heard in. English courts don't generally make parties comply with agreements, they just make people pay damages for breach. Goodness knows how we would quantify losses arising from not being allowed to spend money on a player. You can't really with any certainty.

I reckon, if SFC is in the right over the agreement (and I do agree with you there - it should be pretty straightforward if it was drafted competently), then we will end up doing a deal with Madrid.

He was on loan, so that isn't true. A "buy back" clause is when you sell a player and have an option to by him back at a set price.

Hence my use of the word 'essentially'.

But yes he was on loan, until they failed to cancel it.

Wonder if we sent them a cheque in the post?

Let's hope they cashed it.

He,s gone , get used to it. Yet another player set to join our nearest rivals.

We have hit our glass ceiling in this league with our inability to retain our better players and there is no way we are going to produce enough of our own lads ( that are good enough ) to progress. Keeping ahead of the Swansea,s and Stoke,s of this league is all we can manage.

Yes throwing stupid money around just to compete with the big boys is not the way to go, but at the same time everyone, club , fans, media etc should just shut up about progressing to Champions League level.

We have hit our glass ceiling in this league with our inability to retain our better players and there is no way we are going to produce enough of our own lads ( that are good enough ) to progress. Keeping ahead of the Swansea,s and Stoke,s of this league is all we can manage.

Yes throwing stupid money around just to compete with the big boys is not the way to go, but at the same time everyone, club , fans, media etc should just shut up about progressing to Champions League level.

It's bad enough coming on here just to moan, but at least wait until something has actually happened to moan about it.

Because he is easily worth 11 million plus. It's not particularly likely now that Athletico are suddenly going to allow him to go for a tiny amount.

But if Southampton have a contract saying we have an option to buy at last years value, why should we pay more if we have exercised our option to buy. With millions of pounds involved, lawyers are bound to be all over it at every stage. It may well be that the players registration automatically passed to Southampton if AM failed to buy out the buy back clause. Only problem Saints do not have a contract with TA.

an international loan transfers the registration I believe , so it maybe that the players registration is already in England?

Oh sh*t yeah, that's one thing we learnt from the Lampard saga is that an international loan is a literal transfer for one year.

an international loan transfers the registration I believe , so it maybe that the players registration is already in England?

Presumably it would revert back to them at midnight on June 30th ready for them to re-transfer it if the deal then went through?

Realistically if he wants to go to Spurs he will but at least we might get some extra compo.

You seem pretty hacked off. hahahahahahahaha. # bantasorus #rex #eric #bantona # bant #and #dec # top# keks

if anyone can sort this, saints lawyers can

also, is that right that Spurs offered £45k a week and that was going through?

so much for them offering more than us and this magical £100k a week etc

That is the amount that is going around - im a 100 % sure we could both match and beat this wage quite easy to be honest.

No idea why everyone is celebrating, this just looks like it is getting messier and becoming a sorry affair particularly if lawyers get involved. I cannot see this ending quickly and this must be very frustrating for Toby!

So why the delay by us in making this move?

A scenario.....we have been attempting to contact Athletico to get it done, to which they have not responded. We then find out through the media that Spurs have come to an agreement and seem set to sign him. Enough to stir the wasp nest?