Toby

washsaint

Hopefully this means that any profits over and above the agreed £6.8m will be awarded to us, on top of the additional £1.5m.

In reality, we will probably just be awarded the original £1.5m, in 18 months time, which will just about cover our legal fees.

Hopefully this means that any profits over and above the agreed £6.8m will be awarded to us, on top of the additional £1.5m.

In reality, we will probably just be awarded the original £1.5m, in 18 months time, which will just about cover our legal fees.

Although if it went to court they would likely recover costs plus any award if successful I would of thought.

from Twitter...

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport 1m1 minute ago

Just to add to last night's #saintsfc Toby story - reports saying Saints have sent over a delegation to Madrid are wide of the mark

That doesn't tell us anything really though. Does that mean its not a delegation, just one person?

And honestly if they do it's obvious TA wants to go there, so let him go and then sue AM. Really don't want a player here who doesn't want to be here.

If Toby wants to go there why would Saints be wasting time and energy threatening legal action for a player who is going to say "no thanks" to them at the end of the day ? That makes no sense.

If Toby wants to go there why would Saints be wasting time and energy threatening legal action for a player who is going to say "no thanks" to them at the end of the day ? That makes no sense.

Just to get the compensation maybe?

According to reports, Toby is definitely in London today for his medical at Spurs. Look forward to seeing the pictures/video clip of him wandering around with his little wash bag etc

That I honestly don't understand, but maybe Ralph and Kat are sticklers for "doing the right thing" and feel aggrieved by what AM are trying to pull; so even though they know all is lost they want to prove a point. Maybe they feel we can get Toby here and loan him directly to Spurs for this season, making us some money and holding AM to the contract.

:mcinnes:

FFS this forum is so totally obsessed with Golf, you're now quoting big golf stories in the middle of the #tobygate thread.

Trousers? WTF mate?

As for Toby - we are clearly fighting for him and will clearly have plan B ready to go.

A sneaky part of me is quietly looking forward to reading all the spurs fans moaning about who the hell is this Gardos bloke? How did we miss out on him? 12mil for a bloke who's only played 12 times this season? Didn't we check if he had dodgy hamstrings?

Or of course I'll get his name on the back of my shirt when I next get back after we blitz then and complete the deal....

Skacel clause? You will have to educate me here I'm afraid...

that will use up my third post then. i'll try not to leave any gaps.

We opened negotiations with Skacel when he was a Marseille player at the tail end of a loan to Hearts.

GeorgeBurley, the manager who brought him on loan to hearts from Marseille and his chief scout had joined us and Skacel was determined to join us rather than Hearts. Hearts triggered a clause in their loan contract (which I have dubbed the Skacel clause), acquiring Skacel. Skacel reportedly had agreed a permanent contract at the outset of the contract so he became their player automatically when their right to buy was exercised. We were then forced to negotiate with Hearts over a permanent transfer.

It is to date the only example of this kind of deal structure that I am aware of. Given the number of times i've brought this up on various forums over the years I would have expected other examples to surface by now.

Happy to be corrected on anything if i've got it wrong, but obviously i'll be unable to respond.

9577911f859de8d32d4fabefaca71f66.jpg

I thought we were told Les was going on tuesday.

According to reports, Toby is definitely in London today for his medical at Spurs. Look forward to seeing the pictures/video clip of him wandering around with his little wash bag etc

Do we still hand out Eterna Watches to newbies .... surely nobody could resist getting one of those when signing on, somebody get the message to him on what he is missing out on.

that will use up my third post then. i'll try not to leave any gaps.

We opened negotiations with Skacel when he was a Marseille player at the tail end of a loan to Hearts.

GeorgeBurley, the manager who brought him on loan to hearts from Marseille and his chief scout had joined us and Skacel was determined to join us rather than Hearts. Hearts triggered a clause in their loan contract (which I have dubbed the Skacel clause), acquiring Skacel. Skacel reportedly had agreed a permanent contract at the outset of the contract so he became their player automatically when their right to buy was exercised. We were then forced to negotiate with Hearts over a permanent transfer.

It is to date the only example of this kind of deal structure that I am aware of. Given the number of times i've brought this up on various forums over the years I would have expected other examples to surface by now.

Happy to be corrected on anything if i've got it wrong, but obviously i'll be unable to respond.

I thought we were told Les was going on tuesday.

Brilliant thanks. That does ring a bell, must have parked that info.

Chaps - it looks 95% certain he's gone to Spurs. He would have known we were still interested so if he really wanted to join us would have waited - looks like he preferred the spurs option - no doubt with the Belgium contingent there already saying how great it is. No legal threats are now going to end up with Toby at SFC, best case scenario is that we get a couple of million out of AM.

Very annoying for many reasons, not least the fact that we seem to have wasted a lot of time on this and may have missed other targets. Good news is that whilst spurs will no doubt know the other CBs on our list, I'm assuming they will not bother with them now.

Regarding Toby - I'm hoping he ends up regretting his choice and becomes a 3rd choice CB again on the bench for a team that win nothing. Not that I have anything against him, but if that is the case then it proves he made the wrong decision.

I'm also hoping we don't bother releasing anything else to the press - think it was a huge mistake doing so and really can't see how it helps our standing.

With that hair his washbag is 'expected' to be absolutely humungous.

Chaps - it looks 95% certain he's gone to Spurs. He would have known we were still interested so if he really wanted to join us would have waited - looks like he preferred the spurs option - no doubt with the Belgium contingent there already saying how great it is. No legal threats are now going to end up with Toby at SFC, best case scenario is that we get a couple of million out of AM.

Very annoying for many reasons, not least the fact that we seem to have wasted a lot of time on this and may have missed other targets. Good news is that whilst spurs will no doubt know the other CBs on our list, I'm assuming they will not bother with them now.

Regarding Toby - I'm hoping he ends up regretting his choice and becomes a 3rd choice CB again on the bench for a team that win nothing. Not that I have anything against him, but if that is the case then it proves he made the wrong decision.

I'm also hoping we don't bother releasing anything else to the press - think it was a huge mistake doing so and really can't see how it helps our standing.

Why does it look 95% certain? Has he been seen at THFC for a medical this morning?

As much as anything it is principle.

AM had an agreement that was in writing and a contract. if they have indeed broken it, why should our club shrug its shoulders and walk away.

Spurs are at present one of our nearest rivals, to allow them to steal a march on us by potentially weakening us and them getting stronger is no good to us.

As much as anything it is principle.

AM had an agreement that was in writing and a contract. if they have indeed broken it, why should our club shrug its shoulders and walk away.

Spurs are at present one of our nearest rivals, to allow them to steal a march on us by potentially weakening us and them getting stronger is no good to us.

It seems that's some clubs don't have the same principles as us. Ultimately it doesn't matter if we are morally in the right if it means we miss out on the player.

Standard reporting Toby will be signed by Spurs this PM. It's going to happen unless Toby blocks it which it clearly looks like he isn't going to do.

I'll be massively disappointed in Toby if he goes ahead with Levy plans to rush the deal through within 24 hours of questioning legality of the contract. It shows massive disrespect and lack of integrity after spending time with the club for a season. I have no issue with him going to spuds if that's what he wants but in due course not just in the back of Levy's van at top speed before we argue our point or get to offer him an improved wages contract.

Hope Koeman picks up the phone to Toby and tells him we will pay him more than spurs and to get his arse down Staplewood.

Ive pretty much conceded he will go to Spurs. To many reports about medical and his preference to join Spurs for it to be BS in my opinion. So gutting to see him go to Spurs.

Hopefully Saints plan B will be worthwhile. Need to get new faces on board before Morgan departs otherwise it will be pretty disheartening.

Tobys intentions were always to get a a perm deal at Saints to the point that his initial property rental agreement was for a year as per his deal. When he didnt now what was happening he increased the agreement for an additional 6 months so that he did get to stay in the house he loves guaranteed. Now 6 months rent to a PL player is nothing but this does proves to me he did want to stay. Now the only issue here is wages. If THFC have agreed the £11.5m and then offer Toby £100k a week do you really think he is going to stay?

Where is this £100k a week coming from regarding Spurs?

It's just a figure plucked from the air as an example of something we cannot compete with, it's not been quoted.

Edited by Colinjb

Ive pretty much conceded he will go to Spurs. To many reports about medical and his preference to join Spurs for it to be BS in my opinion. So gutting to see him go to Spurs.

Hopefully Saints plan B will be worthwhile. Need to get new faces on board before Morgan departs otherwise it will be pretty disheartening.

But a lot of the internet chatter is one report that gets repeated several hundred times. It seems the original comment was something like. Q: "Would it be good if you could play along side your compatriot Jan Vertonghen (sp.)?" A: "Yes, it would be great." Cue although Spurs fans saying that they are the preferred destination.