Our On-the-Beach mentality is a f**king disgrace

alpine_saint

LOL at the smug hindsight on here.

As if any of the most fervent happy-clappies would have predicted 6-1 for today after the effort against Leicester...

:lol:

Clearly, the manager has put a rocket under their arses, along with some serious-sh*t changing room uncertainty (J-Rod and perhaps Clyne) being cleared up.

If there is one thing you can guarantee almost every season, without fail, is seeing Alpine get it spectacularly wrong once again. He's so consistent.

Those Alpine April end of season predictions in full, helped needed on this time last year:

2015 We're a tin pot club with no ambition

2014 [can't actually remember what s hite he came out with this time last year]

2014 (Summer) We will appoint a Steve Wigley level manager.

2013 We're going down, we don't have the guts/balls/bravery that Wigan have

2012 We've bottled promotion, West Ham will overtake us

2011 We've bottled promotion, Huddersfield will overtake us

That, combined with his England team speciality ("I hate England and I hope they lose" before proceeding to go utterly apesh it if they actually do lose, or even draw) makes our Toblerone eating chum a consistent source of forum gold.

Edited by CB Fry

Those Alpine April end of season predictions in full, helped needed on this time last year:

So what ?

Others make ridiculous statements; fact of the matter is, I havent got the time, energy or petty disposition to track them and wait for the opportunity to bring them up.

WTF, if it brings meaning to your life, fill yer boots.

So what ?

Others make ridiculous statements; fact of the matter is, I havent got the time, energy or petty disposition to track them and wait for the opportunity to bring them up.

We're all looking forward to your contribution to the transfer window on here. I'm kinda thinking it will exactly the same as the last fifteen but, hey, ranting and raving about "doing our business early FFS" will bring meaning to your life I'm sure.

Mars bar?

We're all looking forward to your contribution to the transfer window on here. I'm kinda thinking it will exactly the same as the last fifteen but, hey, ranting and raving about "doing our business early FFS" will bring meaning to your life I'm sure.

Mars bar?

If we can do a deal for Toby and keep hold of Morgan, Big Vic and Clyne, we potentially only need a GK.

My feeling is there wont be so much upheaval this summer as last, so doing the business early wont be so crtical, especially as the board have demonstrated their competence last summer (even if their communication was a little below par).

How does it feel shooting a gun you discover is loaded with blanks ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If we can do a deal for Toby and keep hold of Morgan, Big Vic and Clyne, we potentially only need a GK.

My feeling is there wont be so much upheaval this summer as last, so doing the business early wont be so crtical, especially as the board have demonstrated their competence last summer (even if their communication was a little below par).

How does it feel shooting a gun you discover is loaded with blanks ?

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

It was lovely to see your "well, obviously it's obvious in hindsight" catchphrase tonight Alpine.

You do have to use that an awful lot on here, don't you? Ever wondered why? I mean, it can't be that you're a fu ck wit with no foresight, right?

Enjoy your fourth Toblerone of the evening.

Just because I point out the hindsight issue, doesnt make it wrong.

Or did I somehow miss your prediction yesterday or this morning of a victory by 5 clear goals ?

[emoji38]

Yes Alpine. Every time you are forced to do the hindsight routine, you are quite correct. Every time you do it. Over and over again.

That, combined with his England team speciality ("I hate England and I hope they lose" before proceeding to go utterly apesh it if they actually do lose, or even draw) makes our Toblerone eating chum a consistent source of forum gold.

Going back and dragging up old posts is seriously sad.

Going back and dragging up old posts is seriously sad.

Didn't need to drag up anything, Just a quick top of my head recall of classic Alpine. None of those things were single posts, but significant rants/campaigns at the time.

We are almost certain to finish seventh at least this season, a handful of points off fifth, but our Milka-addicted chum still writes us off as "a tin pot club with no ambition".

Alpine only posts a) when we lose b) when forced into his traditional "hindsight" climbdown c) if he runs out of Nutella and gets grumpy

I'm just celebrating those facts.

Here's 2014s effort, another classic

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?49096-A-season-that-held-so-much-promise

I went to Stoke, Sunderland and Leicester (FFS) and I don't think the effort has been anything like as bad as the Portsmouth away example given - at Stoke we were the better side and were unlucky - but Saints were clearly a level below that they'd shown at Chelsea. At Sunderland we were trying, but just didn't look like the urgency was there and were handicapped by the red card and certain obvious weaknesses in the team. At Leicester...

...overall it was definitely below the standard I'd expect of professional players, specifically ones who've showed they are capable of much better.

They'll be busting a gut at City because of the motivation factor and need to raise their game, it's the performance at home to Villa and sleepwalking through that too that I'm worried about.

As noted, effort is the difference. (And Villa defending with a ridiculous high line and making loads of errors).

So what ?

Don't put yourself down Alps, you are in a class of your own and should be proud, it is an indisputable fact that nobody makes more ridiculous statements than you and important that you continue to defend your crown !

keep up the good work :):)

To be fair, Alps is right. Villa out beached us on Saturday and had their towels on the sunbeds the day before the match. We were nowhere near the sand and paid the price with a 6-1 win. Hopefully Ron will put things right on Saturday and Citeh will give us the runaround.

I think what amuses me the most is how emphatic the statements are; no "In my opinion" or "worried about" or "do you think..". it's straight in there, to use the example of the title of this thread, with "f**king disgrace". He immediately makes himself hostage to fortune but just doesn't see it and is probably one of the most obtuse posters here. Others here (no names, no pack drill) can sometimes also be annoying, but at least they're a bit more aware, even if that engenders a slight desire to use two half bricks to good effect or spike their coffee with Ex-lax. With Alps I just laugh..

Alpine.....

If the season finished today, there would only be 6 teams in the whole football pyramid who could rightly claim that they are better than us. Count them. SIX.

I understand your frustration at recent performances, I've commented previously in this very thread about my frustrations at us losing games I thought we could have won. But honestly take a look at it - this season has been superb.

My all time favourite just has to be

I see we've thrown the Ashes away on the first day again...

After the first day of the first Test of 5 Tests series that we went on to win 3-1. Gold.

My all time favourite just has to be

After the first day of the first Test of 5 Tests series that we went on to win 3-1. Gold.

That was legendary. He's left his mark on the forum, that's for sure.

To be fair that's not much of challenge, is it?

13/14:

8 Southampton 38 54 (GF) 46 (GA) +8 56

14/15 (so far)

7 Southampton 36 48 (GF) 30 (GA) +18 57

So we have undeniably improved from last year. The cold-hard facts are there.

It's like the players saw this quote and thought.... "Ok lads, gotta score 6 to get our Goals For up to last years level and really stick it to Alpine and Lard."

More of the same please...