Player Integrated Stripes Strategy LMFAO

ericofarabia

That was funny as ****, marketing genius, it's gotta make soccer am on saturday

Probably won't be on Soccer AM. I reckon it may get an airing on fletch and sav though, given that they're covering our game from 10am and their producer is Saints fan chris nutbeam (who used to produce soccer am for what it's worth).

Loved it. Not too many clubs would make a video so blatantly insulting their rivals ("What's this pompey player doing on my board?!") or with beeped-out swearing (P.I.S.S. Haha!). I liked the go-faster stripes. :D

Did anyone else notice the poor pixelation attempt on his name badge during the 'high press' explanation scene? Nice.

"If you're not from Southampton you probably don't understand but, if you're not from Southampton, who cares?"

I wanna see those stripes back on Fonte's Bentley.

Yeah, I know. Trust me, I know! :)

I reckon I've seen it at least 10 times now ... and there will be plenty more to come!!

Ohio young laddy .. your mission (if you want it or not!!) is to get The Whole of The USA "High Pressing" :lol:

I really hope it catches on and becomes a Southampton Cult :toppa:

Ohio young laddy .. your mission (if you want it or not!!) is to get The Whole of The USA "High Pressing" :lol:

I really hope it catches on and becomes a Southampton Cult :toppa:

I'm ahead of you. That was my first thought as soon as I saw the video. I'm going to work soon, and teaching the high press to anyone warped enough to hold a conversation with me. However, to make it more appealing to the natives, I was thinking of ending it with a thumb to the nose and finger wiggling thing to round it off as an FU to the skates. :)

.......And if the regular high press became a cult thing in Southampton? That would be awesome!!! :D

Edit: It would also be great to see the players using the high press during goal celebrations, assuming we ever get another goal this seaon. :)

Edited by Ohio Saint

I'm ahead of you. That was my first thought as soon as I saw the video. I'm going to work soon, and teaching the high press to anyone warped enough to hold a conversation with me. However, to make it more appealing to the natives, I was thinking of ending it with a thumb to the nose and finger wiggling thing to round it off as an FU to the skates. :)

.......And if the regular high press became a cult thing in Southampton? That would be awesome!!! :D

Edit: It would also be great to see the players using the high press during goal celebrations, assuming we ever get another goal this seaon. :)

Maybe they could do it each time we win a throw in or corner, and build on from there.

It got a mention on the Colin Murray show today, he described it in glowing terms. A stunningly good bit of PR.

Yeah, this is top marketing to be fair. Not just aiming at your own customers, but reaching out and getting interest from others who would otherwise not batter an eyelid.

I remember last year it was mentioned that we'd appointed the former Apple Marketing guru - wonder if they're the brains behind this.