Sotonians.com

OldNick

Sorry to dig up this bag of bones of a thread but probably need to make two points.

LOL at Pap thinking I've joined his site "twice". Wrong. Just that once. Nice to know I'm in yer head though.

And not LOL but sorry to Lou. I'm not Fatso but fair play to him for executing a wind up better than me. You'll have to come over here for non - stop CB Fry action.

At least you guys were asked to join. No-one from 'the dark side' has cozied up and asked me to join them. Boo hoo. :?

Hypo, I got the impression from the above post that the saint in Winchester thought membership was by invitation only. If his/her post was a joke, then I can only apologise for wasting your time ;)

Some people register there with names you will recognise, others don't. Those that don't are doing that sometimes to be latently subversive, sometimes to start fresh as a new identity. It's their choice, and does not really matter. It's largely a non-issue that causes some curiosity but nothing more.

Ah, replies. How lovely.

Our favourite delusional on Bletchweb seems to be under the impression that I'm all by myself on this forum.

Much like "there's a bullying PM clique" (all in his head) and "CB Fry has joined twice" (all in his head) he's yet again challenged an "official narrative" and drawn yet another blank.

Ain't it boring when the truth is, like, all true?

(Obviously no one is going to reply to this post. Which is how it should be.)

Ah, replies. How lovely.

Our favourite delusional on Bletchweb seems to be under the impression that I'm all by myself on this forum.

Much like "there's a bullying PM clique" (all in his head) and "CB Fry has joined twice" (all in his head) he's yet again challenged an "official narrative" and drawn yet another blank.

Ain't it boring when the truth is, like, all true?

(Obviously no one is going to reply to this post. Which is how it should be.)

.........Or you could just let it ride and get over it. YOU were the one that dragged this thread up again, but you are not the one obsessed?

.........Or you could just let it ride and get over it. YOU were the one that dragged this thread up again, but you are not the one obsessed?

Please can you use the clearly designated communication channel for correspondence on this matter.

Please can you use the clearly designated communication channel for correspondence on this matter.

I don't have a Grinder account, but seriously, why not open an account over there and post as yourself? Most people would not have any problem with that, and nor would I. It's a good place for friendly chat, Saints related and otherwise.

Come come now. That obsession tag can be labelled at both sides. We are all as bad as each other posting on message boards on the Internet.

Come come now. That obsession tag can be labelled at both sides. We are all as bad as each other posting on message boards on the Internet.

You are somewhat correct, but the threads on both forums were pretty much dead before today. That was a good thing.

Of course I am snarky about CB Fry on Saintsweb because we had a stupid spat a while back. That does not mean those differences have to continue across the forums. I intend to use both, and I would prefer if we could mend bridges rather than destroy them.

Quite. Which is kind of why I haven't used the word obsessed about anyone, so no idea what Ohio's point was.

Fact is, I am still getting talked about on that forum with at least two significant contributors thinking I am on there. I feel well within my rights to clear that up without being accused of being "obsessed" by a forum non-entity desperate to get my attention.

Frankly I am more annoyed Ohio ruined my nice gag for Bearsy which would have been a lovely end to the thread.

I'll have to do a lesson in obscure 90s wrestlers instead.

You are somewhat correct, but the threads on both forums were pretty much dead before today. That was a good thing.

Of course I am snarky about CB Fry on Saintsweb because we had a stupid spat a while back. That does not mean those differences have to continue across the forums. I intend to use both, and I would prefer if we could mend bridges rather than destroy them.

Maybe best not to respond to him on here then if you don't want to carry things on?

Wow, you're even misunderstanding what you wrote now. Congratulations, that's a new PB for you.

Jeff I think you need a bit of a break. I've agreed with you in the past but all that stuff about being a wife abuser last week appears to have tipped you over the edge.

I'm not clicking that link as it's quarter past midnight and the wife's asleep, but if we're talking about obscure WWE wrestlers I think you'll find that he was called Big Bully Busick and barely lasted one PPV (I think he was pulled from Survivor Series 1991 having been initially announced). Hey fun fans, as well as weird kit love, I also have an encyclopedic knowledge of wrestlers since around 1988. Whatta guy. :D

Just clicked the link anyway, can only assume they mistakenly called him "Barry" in the Other Place (still haven't been) or this makes no sense at all. :blush:

You assume right.

I'm going to back myself and suggest we'd have similar levels of knowledge, with mine going back a bit further but stopping at about 1992, when I may have discovered K Cider and girls instead. 28 years old I was.

I actually thought BBB for his time was a reasonable gimmick as he has a kind of vintage 1920s comic book feel about him. I was trying to find a video of the time that he burst a little girls balloon with his cigar during his walk on. But no joy, so there's the popcorn one instead.

Anyway, I decided to use him for my username for my collectors item solitary post on Bletchweb. In context, still a very funny post.

Edited by CB Fry

I notice that on the other side they are under the impression it is a bed of laughter. Dont get me wrong I would be happier if they were still on here, but it does seem a site of back slapping and self congratulation. Perhaps Im missing it, but Im not lolling when i read the threads. Bearsy of course is still the main source of humour and we should pay a decent transfer fee to get him back.

I notice that on the other side they are under the impression it is a bed of laughter. Dont get me wrong I would be happier if they were still on here, but it does seem a site of back slapping and self congratulation. Perhaps Im missing it, but Im not lolling when i read the threads. Bearsy of course is still the main source of humour and we should pay a decent transfer fee to get him back.

Me thinks they doth protest too much.

To be fair Hypo I don't think it was ever intended to be a cuddly alternative and anything to do with politics or religion is always going to lead to a fallout. The other site was accused of having no edge. I don't think that is the case now!

To be fair Hypo I don't think it was ever intended to be a cuddly alternative and anything to do with politics or religion is always going to lead to a fallout. The other site was accused of having no edge. I don't think that is the case now!
No trolls there ,not at all

They have a classic thread on there of Old Southampton. A fascinating delve into the past

Well worth having a look through that, but really don't like the way the rest of the site is set up. Seems to be more about the posters than what they actually post!!