Sotonians.com

OldNick

So just to clear, the new fresh site is for liberal, independently minded chaps and this one is for those with a for the more traditional less tolerent chaps. Guardian v Mail types you might say.

Yeah, that's what they want you to believe. Look, I can't say any more. They maintain constant peepers on this thread. You're on your own. Just remember: blue pill/red pill.

Yeah, that's what they want you to believe. Look, I can't say any more. They maintain constant peepers on this thread. You're on your own. Just remember: blue pill/red pill.

Neither blue nor red appeal, far to stagnated, something with a greenish hew, a streak of orange thinly sprinkled with purple and washed down with a nice single malt, just the ticket old chap.

I couldn't give a flying f**k what you question.

You won't see posts like that over on papsweb.

Which ultimately makes it a better place to be.

Life's too short for to have to put up with spherical testicular objects like that.

You won't see posts like that over on papsweb.

Which ultimately makes it a better place to be.

Life's too short for to have to put up with spherical testicular objects like that.

Oh yes. No one would ever dream of using insults like "arse licking f*cktard" over there would they? Things like that don't happen over on the non abusive, civil forum.

Pretty sure the whole thing is a conspiracy by the Government fronted by Pap to collect email addresses of Saints fans so they can use names on crisis actors when the government sponsored media bring SFC to its next meltdown by talking about our players. Look out for "Pap" downed on the street and "CB Fry" standing there grinning waving his season ticket drenched in fresh Saints Ale of victory whilst the TV cameras film the lot. Sickening.

Pretty sure the whole thing is a conspiracy by the Government fronted by Pap to collect email addresses of Saints fans so they can use names on crisis actors when the government sponsored media bring SFC to its next meltdown by talking about our players. Look out for "Pap" downed on the street and "CB Fry" standing there grinning waving his season ticket drenched in fresh Saints Ale of victory whilst the TV cameras film the lot. Sickening.

Where's the blood pancake?

I had a look and It's basically the equivalent of a bunch of guardian readers over there, patting themselves on the back and full of smug self congratulation about how subversive they are. It would be interesting if it wasn't just a message board and ultimately just a way to pass the time in between work and the rest of life.

Bollócks is it only Guardian readers.

It's just another site for Saints fans to while away spare time. I really don't get why a select few on here have their knickers in a twist.

Hark who's talking.

Managed to dry out your bedsheets over the great "infiltration" scandal yet?

Hark who's talking.

Managed to dry out your bedsheets over the great "infiltration" scandal yet?

I posted this on Sotonians a few minutes ago.

"Amnesty for everyone as far as I would have it. We might see a different person in a new environment. I seriously doubt that, but what the hell. There is nothing to be gained by being exclusive of anyone wanting to give us a try."

Does that sound like I really have a problem with "infiltration"

I posted this on Sotonians a few minutes ago.

"Amnesty for everyone as far as I would have it. We might see a different person in a new environment. I seriously doubt that, but what the hell. There is nothing to be gained by being exclusive of anyone wanting to give us a try."

Does that sound like I really have a problem with "infiltration"

You did the other day with about four panic stricken posts across two forums within ten minutes. So yes.

You're probably not best placed for "don't get your knickers in a twist" posturing, sunshine.

It's just another site for Saints fans to while away spare time. I really don't get why a select few on here have their knickers in a twist.

This is one of the main reasons why I don't wear underpants whilst posting on football forums

Not quite sure how 'Guardian Readers' is an insult. Is it because this is a football forum?

If the people who threw "Guardian reader" around as an insult knew what the demographic of the Guardian readership was their attempted insult would be pretty lame. I seem to remember Le Saux being called gay because he read the Guardian. Tells you all you need to know.

If the people who threw "Guardian reader" around as an insult knew what the demographic of the Guardian readership was their attempted insult would be pretty lame. I seem to remember Le Saux being called gay because he read the Guardian. Tells you all you need to know.

Just because he read the guardian?

Get real!!!

:lol: and you accuse me of failing to understand posts.

This forum is significantly weakened by the departure of those that have defected, especially Pap and Bearsy but I can't say I'm missing much by not being on the other one.

My perspective is that this is a football forum first and foremost.

Bearsy was amusing but his "sphere of influence" (for want of a less ****y description) only really extended as far as the Muppet Show, which quite frankly we've only kept because it's easier to do so rather than particularly wanting a part of the forum for the weird stuff that goes on there. He's not been banned, so as far as I'm concerned he's welcome back if he feels he wants to. On the flipside, I'm not going to lose any sleep if he decides not to. It's an internet forum, FFS.

It's worth noting, by the way, that despite the fact the season ended three weeks ago, this site has had more visitors in the month since pap's ban than the month prior to it. Stats :adore:

Websites and forums evolve over time, I'm sure there are some who still hark back to the old Network54 days of Saints Forever as some sort of utopia for Saints-based message boards, but times change, people's attitudes and approaches change. They've gone, I fully expect there will be a new mildly amusing recluse and a new lunatic crackpot with a copy of Photoshop who wind up here at some point down the line. No big deal.

Just because he read the guardian?

Get real!!!

I remember he said at the time that small minded players used to latch on to any little thing that was different to the norm and use that to brand him as "gay". It was trivial stuff like the newspapers he read, the fact he liked to cook, his taste in music, the fact he'd put his willy up some chap's bum-bum, the clothes he wore and the fact he liked going to to the theatre.

I have read up on it. little to do with the guardian. it was mentioned but hardly

His own words

https://reflectionsasia.wordpress.com/2007/09/11/graeme-le-saux-how-gay-slurs-almost-wrecked-my-career/

Not all to do with being a Guardian reader clearly but it didn't help his, erm, profile. There were rumours about him and Ken Monkou and on a forum I was on at the time the fact that he read The Guardian seem to add weight to the rumours. Bizarre I know.

Not all to do with being a Guardian reader clearly but it didn't help his, erm, profile. There were rumours about him and Ken Monkou and on a forum I was on at the time the fact that he read The Guardian seem to add weight to the rumours. Bizarre I know.

it was a small insignificant part. much like calling someone who reads the Mail a racist

I love steveweb.

I love papsweb.

But, which is better?

There's only one way to find out...FIGHT!

No contest. Sotonians will be only half way through saying "after you good fellow" when they get a life changing kick in the balls :D