Sotonians.com

OldNick

Sorry, Sir.

I'm back in the saddle goatster after a few days of semi-pro cat herding.

I just wanted to pop in an hold up a mildly patronising mirror to both congregations of these two great churches.

Be careful if he offers you a tip.

Sorry, Sir.

I'm back in the saddle goatster after a few days of semi-pro cat herding.

I just wanted to pop in an hold up a mildly patronising mirror to both congregations of these two great churches.

You've got some fu cking nerve showing your face around here.

Say hi to Lou for me.

No contest. Sotonians will be only half way through saying "after you good fellow" when they get a life changing kick in the balls :D

Hypo works out at the gym apparently. When he isn't being indifferent to forum posting.. Fcker won't know what's hit him.

Have I been welcomed yet Bletch?

Major plus for saints web is tapatalk as can **** around on phone with half an eye on Episodes.

And Fry of course

I had a mooch around over there - well Verbal and CB paid me to go and report. Chertsey Saint gave you a lovely welcome.

it was a small insignificant part. much like calling someone who reads the Mail a racist

Christ Batman, you really do need to get yourself a life. Does it really matter how big the part was? I did say that there was a discussion on an internet forum where his sexuality was questioned because he was a Guardian reader. I wouldn't say it was insignificant.

Edited by sadoldgit

It's worth noting, by the way, that despite the fact the season ended three weeks ago, this site has had more visitors in the month since pap's ban than the month prior to it.

You’re confusing cause with correlation. That’s a cause.

As for papsweb being a rival football forum, it isn’t. For a start, it doesn’t have an MLG. And no football forum can exist without an MLG. Nor does it have any true ITKs, or a dozen or so remora-like smartarses for each ITK, ready to tear them down. Or any Ottoman planks with a decade-old provincial fashion ‘sense’ and a limited vocab (ending in ‘pal’, mostly, like some baldy cult-member jive idolising the gods Willis/Statham). Or a gaggle of chocolate-box veterans with dinosaur-age football goggles, masquerading as tactical wiseacres. Or paranoid-android depressives seeing the downside of signing Messi.

Without these, you have no football forum. And I visit here primarily to catch up on the Saints-related gossip and squabbles. (I only wander into the Lounge afterwards.)

Looking for football information and chat over there means fighting your way clear of the subjects that really interest them – the longest running and leading thread seems to be about women’s breasts – to a thread all of five posts long started only yesterday about Juanmi. And who ‘broke’ the news of Juanmi’s potential signing? A cartoon bear.

So they’re not a football site. Their USP is simple: it’s being NICE. And that’s weird. How can a site run by someone who has the temper of a toddler on a sugar crash be ‘nice’?

The answer possibly is that underneath that keening niceness is fear. Pap’s cosa nostra of acquaintances are a scary bunch by his very own account. And his gangster pals hang around that site, presumably cowing everyone into an invisibility of niceness. It’s like the Stepford Community Forum: nice and polite, with an undertow of controlling menace.

Even the nastiness is nice. Brian’s supposed nemesis, a Nippon nebbish, is actually fawningly in love with him. Odd.

With the boy-scout-ish, keep-‘em-in-line badges and baubles, upvotes and downvotes, the specially invited, bulked-out ‘friends’ and the lathered mutual admiration, it’s all a tragi-comic charade, orchestrated by what comes off as a skeleton staff of a hotel straight out of The Shining.

So to anyone tempted: stay here, because we do football, we don’t do nice, we’re not weird, and you won’t wake up with a horses head next to you if you offend admin.

EDIT: Scratch that last point. And now we've been exiled to live among the muppets, this is my last word on the subject.

As for papsweb being a rival football forum, it isn’t. For a start, it doesn’t have an MLG. And no football forum can exist without an MLG. Nor does it have any true ITKs, or a dozen or so remora-like smartarses for each ITK, ready to tear them down. Or any Ottoman planks with a decade-old provincial fashion ‘sense’ and a limited vocab (ending in ‘pal’, mostly, like some baldy cult-member jive idolising the gods Willis/Statham). Or a gaggle of chocolate-box veterans with dinosaur-age football goggles, masquerading as tactical wiseacres. Or paranoid-android depressives seeing the downside of signing Messi.

Without these, you have no football forum. And I visit here primarily to catch up on the Saints-related gossip and squabbles. (I only wander into the Lounge afterwards.)

Looking for football information and chat over there means fighting your way clear of the subjects that really interest them – the longest running and leading thread seems to be about women’s breasts – to a thread all of five posts long started only yesterday about Juanmi. And who ‘broke’ the news of Juanmi’s potential signing? A cartoon bear.

So they’re not a football site. Their USP is simple: it’s being NICE. And that’s weird. How can a site run by someone who has the temper of a toddler on a sugar crash be ‘nice’?

The answer possibly is that underneath that keening niceness is fear. Pap’s cosa nostra of acquaintances are a scary bunch by his very own account. And his gangster pals hang around that site, presumably cowing everyone into an invisibility of niceness. It’s like the Stepford Community Forum: nice and polite, with an undertow of controlling menace.

Even the nastiness is nice. Brian’s supposed nemesis, a Nippon nebbish, is actually fawningly in love with him. Odd.

With the boy-scout-ish, keep-‘em-in-line badges and baubles, upvotes and downvotes, the specially invited, bulked-out ‘friends’ and the lathered mutual admiration, it’s all a tragi-comic charade, orchestrated by what comes off as a skeleton staff of a hotel straight out of The Shining.

So to anyone tempted: stay here, because we do football, we don’t do nice, we’re not weird, and you won’t wake up with a horses head next to you if you offend admin.

EDIT: Scratch that last point. And now we've been exiled to live among the muppets, this is my last word on the subject.

What a load of fuc king horsesh it.

Ohio, you seem rather more aggressive about this place over on sotonians. Yet do not really come across like that when posting here

I have learned over time that there is no point in being too aggressive here. For some time now, I have had a bit of a beef with the trolls on this forum. A couple of years ago I started a thread about it that went fairly epic. It resulted, for some reason in Glasgow being forced to change his user name, and he was not even a problem! Since then plenty of people are being banned, coming back under a new user name and carrying on the same old crap. For this reason I have become very disenchanted with some aspects of this forum.

I have learned that it is pointless to air those views here, but am at liberty to discuss them an a totally separate forum. There is nothing sinister or underhanded about it. The problems on here are rarely addressed, so I stay out of the politics here these days. If I want to vent my ire about it on another forum, then that is my choice.

To be fair, that's very funny.

If I want to vent my ire about it on another forum, then that is my choice.

As I said yesterday, the amount of grizzling you've done about this place, I'd recommend you don't come on here and posture about other people getting "their knickers in a twist".

As I said yesterday, the amount of grizzling you've done about this place, I'd recommend you don't come on here and posture about other people getting "their knickers in a twist".

Says the person who got their knickers in a twist for me posting my support on a match thread saying "COYFS!"

You thought I was somehow announcing a goal, and went all ballistic about it. I tried to make amends when I realised the misunderstanding, but you just wanted to be a d!ck about it anyway. Get over yourself.

Let's not pretend that it's basically just the muppet show that has moved over there.

I tried to read A Brief History of Time a number of times, but every time I got to the section where Hawking starts to focus on the sub-atomic world, my brain CTRL+ALT+DEL'd.

Your post is having the same effect on me.

Shouldn't there not, not, not be a another double-negative in there somewhere?

But, if I think you're making the point I think you think you are, I think what you think unless you aren't making the point I think you think you are, in which case I think you think what I don't think.

[video=youtube_share;095XUlKnQSY]

At the moment, papsweb is basically TMS and the Lounge on a different domain with less ****s.

Give it a few months and it might have more football chat and more ****s, but as others have said, this is currently the #1 place to talk about the football side of Saints with ****s.

I can't see that changing for a little while yet.

What a load of fuc king horsesh it.

Thanks. The best part of writing this guff is the priceless hurty reaction from emperor pap. He actually thinks I'm trying to bring him down or dissuade people from going over to the sweetness and light, such is his conspiro-mindset.

He's not very - how shall I say - 'meta', is he...

Sorry I forgot to insult you, by the way. Won't happen again.

That's exactly what it is (with a bit of Lounge thrown in). Is anyone really denying that?

SOG implied that once there was more football to talk about then the other forum would suddenly become some haven for football discussion. It won't because that's not what it's about. That's fine but let's not invent things.

Says the person who got their knickers in a twist for me posting my support on a match thread saying "COYFS!"

You thought I was somehow announcing a goal, and went all ballistic about it. I tried to make amends when I realised the misunderstanding, but you just wanted to be a d!ck about it anyway. Get over yourself.

Okay then. Or, what really happened was you chasing me all over the forum trying to have the same argument on three simultaneous threads while accusing me of stalking you.

Do try and untangle your undergarments, won't you sweetie?

Think you take it a tad more seriously than most of us with this forum allegiance business. Clearly a personality clash but tbh joining Sotonians hasn't yoked me to pap.

Thought his ban was unfair and he seems a decent sort. And I like reading intelligent people going at it hammer and tongs trying to out score/outsmart each other.

I like your posts too.

S Grant has already said TMS is not something Saintsweb needs or particularly wants.

Sort of. It was never particularly wanted, but it's become a useful filter for stuff that's completely unrelated to the main point of the site.

Saintsweb has become a little.... Strict and ruled with an iron fist!

Not sure which Saintsweb you're reading. There has literally been one single user banned on here in the last 12 months for something other than spamming (a load slipped through the net a few months ago when Tapatalk introduced the ability to register for the forum through the app and didn't automatically set it so the user had to be verified first) and having multiple logins.

Sort of. It was never particularly wanted, but it's become a useful filter for stuff that's completely unrelated to the main point of the site.

Not sure which Saintsweb you're reading. There has literally been one single user banned on here in the last 12 months for something other than spamming (a load slipped through the net a few months ago when Tapatalk introduced the ability to register for the forum through the app and didn't automatically set it so the user had to be verified first) and having multiple logins.

Although one of the mods on here is, shall we say over zealous and sensitive, having strops like teenage girls when someone says something he doesn't like, it's better than it used to be. I remember the days when infractions were dished out like confetti. The best reason being for 'stupid or pointless comments' you could make a case for 90% of the stuff on here falling under that category.

The greatest infraction of all time was when I got one for 'stamping on people's dreams' by saying we would never be a regular champions league club, whilst we were in league one! :lol:

Cheers for the fiver Tokes et al. No problem Steve, enjoy all the away games.

So does Pap now qualify as one of the good posters who don't bother anymore and you can see why?

Come and give it a go Turks. You would qualify as a good poster who doesn't bother any more Pal.

Dunno what the problem is. Us expats are so far away from any action or tales in the pub that unless we had a mate with a mate at or around the club we never got any snippets or links.

In the past year there hasn't been any great actual "discussions" on TSW because the team have been playing so well and we've all been enjoying the ride. The only valid comments we can ever give are in match threads (because we have been able to watch the game on TV) or stating our position on Stadium Expansion, strength of the sides in Cup Competitions etc.

That is not going to change, even though it gets really boring when the same people keep shouting down any opinion that isn't theirs. The only time we're going to have any inputs is when we wake up 3 hours ahead of you lot and see a scoop in the press, but then Saint Armstrong has robots or whatever doing that 24x7 anyway.

There is actually NOTHING football related to talk about for people who don't need to say the same thing 10 times a day. We need a keeper, right back, Djurkic or a replacement to cover Tadic and probably replacements for Cyne & Morgan. But we don't need to keep saying that PLUS we don't know asmuch as the geniuses on TSW who have THE opinion on every footballer who ever played/plays the game. I trust Les & his team to be doing their research more than a poster on here (where was Juanmi's name on Redslo's list of strikers btw? ;)

There is nothing much to talk about until noon today. And you certainly could not make a light hearted comment about Saints on the main forum on here "as it's football innit"

The two sites aren't competing, they are complementary. Hopefully both will bring more fans into the realm of forums so we can actually hear some NEW opinions rather than the regular cut & paste BS

Ramadan Kareem everyone

Dunno what the problem is. Us expats are so far away from any action or tales in the pub that unless we had a mate with a mate at or around the club we never got any snippets or links.

In the past year there hasn't been any great actual "discussions" on TSW because the team have been playing so well and we've all been enjoying the ride. The only valid comments we can ever give are in match threads (because we have been able to watch the game on TV) or stating our position on Stadium Expansion, strength of the sides in Cup Competitions etc.

That is not going to change, even though it gets really boring when the same people keep shouting down any opinion that isn't theirs. The only time we're going to have any inputs is when we wake up 3 hours ahead of you lot and see a scoop in the press, but then Saint Armstrong has robots or whatever doing that 24x7 anyway.

There is actually NOTHING football related to talk about for people who don't need to say the same thing 10 times a day. We need a keeper, right back, Djurkic or a replacement to cover Tadic and probably replacements for Cyne & Morgan. But we don't need to keep saying that PLUS we don't know asmuch as the geniuses on TSW who have THE opinion on every footballer who ever played/plays the game. I trust Les & his team to be doing their research more than a poster on here (where was Juanmi's name on Redslo's list of strikers btw? ;)

There is nothing much to talk about until noon today. And you certainly could not make a light hearted comment about Saints on the main forum on here "as it's football innit"

The two sites aren't competing, they are complementary. Hopefully both will bring more fans into the realm of forums so we can actually hear some NEW opinions rather than the regular cut & paste BS

Ramadan Kareem everyone

i notice on the other site you are re writing history, 1-0 down and going on to win 4-1.What a load of ****** Your mind is going Phil.If you recall correctly you brought a sub on without the refs permission and went on to win by a single goal. I think you will fail to mention the 2nd game when the silence was very noticable from your dugout......ok there wasnt much from ours late in the game after i was sent off lol

The only thing I remember from that day is Magners. And then only as the lads got a photo of it.

I seem to recall my lad having a nervous breakdown because of an insanely dubious penalty decision.

Anyway such banter is not appropriate on a proper football forum and when I only have 3 posts a day so see you on the other side

The only thing I remember from that day is Magners. And then only as the lads got a photo of it.

I seem to recall my lad having a nervous breakdown because of an insanely dubious penalty decision.

Anyway such banter is not appropriate on a proper football forum and when I only have 3 posts a day so see you on the other side

Granty was one of my team, as Im a team man this is where i stay. Sotonians I will look at , enjoy to read but it is a bit of an old pals club.

Iam a bit surprised that there is not the amount of humour I was expecting on there.

One wonders just how many "Sotonians" are actually Sotonians. I'd think that over half of the posters on these forums actually aren't. Now Saintsweb well that's about Saints but a Sotonian is a very precise thing, ie someone from Southampton, I mean you don't get so many Old Tauntonians who went to St Annes now do you.

Edited by Window Cleaner
a

One wonders just how many "Sotonians" are actually Sotonians. I'd think that over half of the posters on these forums actually aren't. Now Saintsweb well that's about Saints but a Sotonian is a very precise thing, ie someone from Southampton, I mean you don't get so many Old Tauntonians who went to St Annes now do you.

I wonder how many Freemasons are actually stone masons and how many of the Grand Order of Water buffaloes were actually Water Buffaloes rather than cartoon cavemen. ;)