Wanyama Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015 Edition

brett24

Does anyone still feel any warmth towards Wanyama?

Gradually cooling, but he's a useful member of the team and losing Morgan and Victor within a short timescale really would cause issues, I think. Especially with Clasie currently out and post-Academy youngsters not quite up to quality.

Do we have to like him to need/want/use him?

Does anyone still feel any warmth towards Wanyama?

That depends entirely on what he does next. If he moves, it's hard to be too angry as he's seemingly done it the right way; no public outbursts, no media B.S. from him, has been open with the club about his desires. Spurs are the problem that clouds all this, as their usual media manipulation makes Wanyama look worse when I don't think he's behind it all.

If he doesn't move, he needs to get his head straight and focus on the season ahead. If he does this, much like Morgan last year, fair play to him and again it's hard to be too angry.

If he doesn't move and his performances suffer and he acts like a spoilt child, **** him. That's when I'll lose all respect.

I think we all knew he wouldn't be around forever and would go to a 'bigger' club, but that's not Spurs. In every interview he gives he manages to find a way of mentioning his Champions League experience against Barcelona, so if CL football is on offer I don't think anybody would begrudge him going for it. Spurs don't offer that and probably won't for a very long time. Arsenal consistently do, which I think would be a better move this time next year.

If for some reason we sold now we had better have lined up a decent replacement. Our midfield already seems pretty weak this season.

Why woud we sell when the club have been quite definite about not selling him ? To sell him now would just lead the administration into a situation of total non-credibility. Certain positions would be virtually untenable...won't happen.

Why woud we sell when the club have been quite definite about not selling him ? To sell him now would just lead the administration into a situation of total non-credibility. Certain positions would be virtually untenable...won't happen.

Agree. Just wonder if he might have burned too many bridges, fans, club and also teammates? Which is probably what he intended.

Wonder if anyone still believes he wants to stay and it is all media speculation?

Agree. Just wonder if he might have burned too many bridges, fans, club and also teammates? Which is probably what he intended.

Wonder if anyone still believes he wants to stay and it is all media speculation?

A few sorry saps undoubtedly do or at least are still trying to convince themselves.

He's a Kenyan,a greedy Kenyan....

This.

He's a Kenyan, a greedy Kenyan, he can go get f**ked.

These bellends are on £40, 50, 60, 100k a week, A WEEK and they're constantly acting like spoilt children. B*llocks to them. If he is doing this, then refuse the request, let him rot in the U21s for 2 years and ruin his career. I'm all for cutting our noses off to spite our face, just to make a stand for once.

1) it's in the Mail.

'Talks have taken place' could mean 'yeah we rang Southampton and asked but they said no'

Do not ever take ANYTHING the media say as gospel truth. They have only one agenda - to get the money in your pocket into theirs. They will (and do) say anything to get you to buy their paper.

I'm am seriously starting to lose faith in people who believe everything they read or see on the Internet.

If it's true by all means slate the man, the club, whatever. But, unless somebody knows otherwise, we have not seen anything definitive from the player or the club suggesting he may be on the way out or has refused to play etc.

Would it really be that surprising if all this is being linked by Spurs and/or an agent fancying a cut?

This.

These bellends are on £40, 50, 60, 100k a week, A WEEK and they're constantly acting like spoilt children. B*llocks to them. If he is doing this, then refuse the request, let him rot in the U21s for 2 years and ruin his career. I'm all for cutting our noses off to spite our face, just to make a stand for once.

We get knocked out of a potentially once in a lifetime run in Europa, because these spoilt c**ts on £40/50k a week aren't committed to playing for us and give the game a miss, they can well and truly get f****d.

This.

Please explain how Victor is acting like a spoilt child? Is there a video of him behaving in such a manner? Has he said ANYTHING directly to the media which has then been put out there where he clearly states unequivocally that he wants to leave?

It's all 'sources understand' or 'it is believed that....'

ITS ALL SPECULATION AND BULLSH!T

don't get me wrong, he may want to go - and if he does the very best of luck to him. But has Victor actually done anything of which you accuse him? No! He has not.

Grow up and stop believing the crap put out in the media.

1) it's in the Mail.

'Talks have taken place' could mean 'yeah we rang Southampton and asked but they said no'

Do not ever take ANYTHING the media say as gospel truth. They have only one agenda - to get the money in your pocket into theirs. They will (and do) say anything to get you to buy their paper.

I'm am seriously starting to lose faith in people who believe everything they read or see on the Internet.

I think a lot of fans do not understand how the media works. How can you start hating a player based on such trivial "evidence" ? Idiocy.

If it's true by all means slate the man, the club, whatever. But, unless somebody knows otherwise, we have not seen anything definitive from the player or the club suggesting he may be on the way out or has refused to play etc.

Would it really be that surprising if all this is being linked by Spurs and/or an agent fancying a cut?

His agent was pretty aggressive over the move away from Celtic IIRC..who is it? Extratime perhaps. Small african centered agency who might be in need of a couple of quid.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Please explain how Victor is acting like a spoilt child? Is there a video of him behaving in such a manner? Has he said ANYTHING directly to the media which has then been put out there where he clearly states unequivocally that he wants to leave?

don't get me wrong, he may want to go - and if he does the very best of luck to him. But has Victor actually done anything of which you accuse him? No! He has not.

I said "these bellends", as in all players that do this and then I said "if he is doing this".

Grow up and learn to read properly.

His agent was pretty aggressive over the move away from Celtic IIRC..who is it? Extratime perhaps. Small african centered agency who might be in need of a couple of quid.

Could be the agent after A) a move, or B) or hefty new pay packet. All this move talk came about just after, or around the same time (IIRC), the club made noises about a new contract for Victor. Look how many players have 'flirted' with other clubs lately only to be rewarded with bumper new deals (Ramos for example). Not saying he does not want out - he may well do - but we are simply speculating.

Whilst I would mostly agree, the joker in the pack is that if he really wants to move, then at a time when team unity is more important than ever, and freeing up wages would be useful, then it might be time to sell him if Spurs or anyone else agree to a fairly extortionate fee having encouraged the move via the media.

I think a lot of fans do not understand how the media works. How can you start hating a player based on such trivial "evidence" ? Idiocy.

Or on the flip side what sort of evidence do people want? The media are ised to get messages out there, which is exactly what Wanyama's agents have done.

1. Reports late last season he and his agent had been speaking to Wenger. Bizarre triple bodged denial issued via Twitter.

2. Sky saying he told Saints he wants to leave

3. Mystery one day stomach infection. Fine to train the day before and day after our big European game

4. Renewed report this time from the Times that he trained yesterday but will sit out todays vital game.

5. Reports from Sky that he will sit out todays game

6. Comments from Koeman that he "hasn't spoken to Wanyama about it all yet". Yeah right!

7. Strongly rumoured interest from Spurs.

8. Zero comment from Wanyama on social media to deny the rumours or contextualise them.

Do you want him to do a You Tube video with Jim Lucas saying he would like to leave?

Edited by Saint Charlie

Saints need to get a backbone just like Everton and WBA have done. Trouble with Saints they are too nice and get trampled on by players, other clubs and agents. Got to get tough with these mercenaries.

This.......'quite frankly if this true, Vic, your attitude appalls me. It's not what you're saying. It's all this stuff you're not saying. Insinnuendos'

Also fair play to someone like John Stones who was honest about wanting to leave but continues to act professionally until that happens, whenever it might be. He must be pretty hacked off but has carried on playing and playing well.

I don't blame Wanyama for wanting to move, that is up to him and he must see ex teammates earning more money at better clubs and want some of it.

Its the way its handled that is utterly poor.

Also fair play to someone like John Stones who was honest about wanting to leave but continues to act professionally until that happens, whenever it might be. He must be pretty hacked off but has carried on playing and playing well.

Or Morgan last season. Was told he couldn't leave that year, but put in a good shift and earned a deserved move to the biggest club in the world. After 7 years of playing for Saints and playing consistently well for Saints, he deserved that.

A proper professional.

We have no option with Vic. Koeman and reed told fans we wouldn't sell anyone else. If we sell Vic it's too late to replace him and that leaves us with a horrible midfield ie Davis or ward prowse playing there as clasie isn't holding midfielder. Our best bet is to use 2 week break to get his mind in right place before west brom.

/

Well for starters he cried off for our biggest game of the season so far, would the result have been different if he'd played? I know he was seen up the hospital but he could have faked the illness, the club would take no chances with a multi million pound asset.

Secondly he looks to not be playing today when we need to play our best players.

Whether the bloke is playing up or not we need to stand firm in this instance, bit like we did with Morgan last year, tell spurs to do one, unless they want to swap for Kane.

If victor doesn't like it he should sit in the reserves till he comes around. I know the club is being pragmatic in most cases but as fans sometimes we need to feel like we've won a battle, beaten off the other team and can hold our heads high, instead of feeling bullied and pushed around by these clubs.

We all know Victor will go at some point, but on our terms only and not to spurs

I don't blame Wanyama for wanting to move, that is up to him and he must see ex teammates earning more money at better clubs and want some of it.

Its the way its handled that is utterly poor.

And mane who has been fine.