Wanyama Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015 Edition

brett24

If there is truth in this, and there reappears to be a gradual snowballing of media meddling and discussion to suggest there is, particularly if you consider Vic's use of twitter to deny previous events, then Les Reed & Koeman must be too detached from the players to understand player views, behaviours & attitude. I remain reserved over Vic's intentions, but if he should leave then our intelligence on the attitudes of the squad is **** poor and my confidence in Les Reed shot to pieces......

There's a reason why he's been left out of our squad. People can bury their heads in the sand all they like. The fact of the matter is, he clearly wants to leave the club. If he's being left out because of an impending deal, then fair enough but if he's pulled himself out to force a move then he's an utter ******.

He wasn't useless under poch far from it. Why are saints players so desperate to leave the club at the moment?

Spurs offering nearly double the wages he is on at Saints Is probably the reason... No other players angling for a move though as far as we know?

Spurs offering nearly double the wages he is on at Saints Is probably the reason... No other players angling for a move though as far as we know?

Well has to stop somewhere, Lallana, chambers, Lambert, shaw, listen, Morgan, Vic, clyne, cork and Toby wouldn't sign.

Also fair play to someone like John Stones who was honest about wanting to leave but continues to act professionally until that happens, whenever it might be. He must be pretty hacked off but has carried on playing and playing well.

I don't blame Wanyama for wanting to move, that is up to him and he must see ex teammates earning more money at better clubs and want some of it.

Its the way its handled that is utterly poor.

Yep I agree with this

What is the point of having a supposedly quality 1st choice 1st team player if he refuses to play? Fine the hell out of him and then ship the degenerate w****r out the door. Play Harry Reed FFS - at least he has the tenacity and spirit to want to play for shirt and will get better with a good run in the team alongside Romeu.

Also fair play to someone like John Stones who was honest about wanting to leave but continues to act professionally until that happens, whenever it might be. He must be pretty hacked off but has carried on playing and playing well.

I don't blame Wanyama for wanting to move, that is up to him and he must see ex teammates earning more money at better clubs and want some of it.

Its the way its handled that is utterly poor.

Handled by whom? If you mean by his agent I agree with you. If you mean by the club then how so? They have clearly said they are not selling, what else are the supposed to do?

I personally think we all should remain calm before we know the actual truth, for the moment I'm going to go by the belief it's just media tripe playing on the fact he's not playing (due to illness) this is dynamite for media teams to build speculation around transfer deadline day. So guys I may have egg on my face later, but no need to insult the guy until any things actually happening.

£25 Million let him go! whats the point in hanging on to a player who does not want to be here? he obviously is going to continue to throw toys out of the pram / put in half baked performances. Get him out and get somebody in who wants to play. Put in a bid for that Lars Bender lad!

£25 Million let him go! whats the point in hanging on to a player who does not want to be here? he obviously is going to continue to throw toys out of the pram / put in half baked performances. Get him out and get somebody in who wants to play. Put in a bid for that Lars Bender lad!

Exactly. A £12m player who wants to be here is going to be far better for the team than a £25m one who doesn't.

Get a top replacement like Bender or make Wanyama suffer and let it be a warning to others your contracted to play for Saints.

Pretty clear to me. Annoys me how we continue to strengthen our rivals but that's football sadly. We can't compete with the mental wages the bigger clubs are willing to pay unless some Arab prince buys us.

Wanyama seems to have acted with complete discontent for the club and he's gone the same way as many others. We've sold too many players over the past few years but it's difficult to keep hold of them when they refuse to play or force a move.

One things for sure though, he will need replacing asap! Shame as he was looking top drawer this season.

Pretty clear to me. Annoys me how we continue to strengthen our rivals but that's football sadly. We can't compete with the mental wages the bigger clubs are willing to pay unless some Arab prince buys us.

Wanyama seems to have acted with complete discontent for the club and he's gone the same way as many others. We've sold too many players over the past few years but it's difficult to keep hold of them when they refuse to play or force a move.

One things for sure though, he will need replacing asap! Shame as he was looking top drawer this season.

What's the difference between an Arab prince and our supposedly mega-rich owner then ?

He isn't ill. He trained yesterday.

I have absolutely no idea what is or isn't happening behind the scenes. I have had a serious dose of the sh*ts that only lasted one day. I also had a spasm in my colon that made me feel like I had been shot. I was perfectly fine the day before and perfectly fine the day after. He may or may not be angling for a move. It is more than possible that Koeman hasn't spoken to him. I would imagine that any communication is going on between his agent and whoever handles the players contracts etc. He may or may not go in this window. I am inclined to believe that the club are being straight when they say that no more players will be sold at this point. No matter how inept you think the club's management are, do you really think that they would let him go at this stage and without an adequate replacement? At some point Vic will be "better" enough to play unless he wants to sit out the season in the reserves.

I have absolutely no idea what is or isn't happening behind the scenes. I have had a serious dose of the sh*ts that only lasted one day. I also had a spasm in my colon that made me feel like I had been shot. I was perfectly fine the day before and perfectly fine the day after. He may or may not be angling for a move. It is more than possible that Koeman hasn't spoken to him. I would imagine that any communication is going on between his agent and whoever handles the players contracts etc. He may or may not go in this window. I am inclined to believe that the club are being straight when they say that no more players will be sold at this point. No matter how inept you think the club's management are, do you really think that they would let him go at this stage and without an adequate replacement? At some point Vic will be "better" enough to play unless he wants to sit out the season in the reserves.

According to Koeman then Vic is not mentally fit to play. Try turning that into a positive spin.

Ah damn, that is what happened when you have a lie in on a Sunday then. Who has gone today? (his quote included "at the moment")

He was clearly talking in a generic sense of recent weeks. Your polar view to Alpine that everything is rosey and the club can do, and never do, anything slightly below par is just as ridiculous as his view that everything is dire. There is middle ground you realise.

Perhaps he pooed himself a la Lineker? Oh well, some time reflecting in the stands might bring back his confidence, that or some incontinence pants!

Seriously though, whatever is going on behind the scenes the club seem to be dealing with it as best they can. You really cant hold a gun to a players head and force him to play. Frankly, if the rumours are true and his is throwing his toys out of the pram I would keep him here until he has a year left of his contract and let him rot.

He was clearly talking in a generic sense of recent weeks. Your polar view to Alpine that everything is rosey and the club can do, and never do, anything slightly below par is just as ridiculous as his view that everything is dire. There is middle ground you realise.

Okay then, who else has come out and said that they want to leave in recent weeks?