Wanyama Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015 Edition

brett24

So having just said that you don't know Vics state of mind, here you say he clearly isn't happy???

I don't think he is happy but I don't know his exact state of mind, neither do you. What I know his he has ample opportunity to comment on the rumours but hasn't.

He has unfollowed the Saints Twitter like Berahino, another Spurs target. Presumably through instruction.

You say the club has said he is happy. They clearly haven't.

We are both commenting to suit our respective agendas but there is more evidence suggesting he wants to move than there is that he wants to stay IMO.

We won't let him leave this window anyway.

Him and Mane will both be off in the summer, Triple wages playing for more recognized clubs it's a no brainer Saints in comparison cannot compete on that level currently...... £50 Million for both good bit of lolly for us means we can rebuild again :)

Him and Mane will both be off in the summer, Triple wages playing for more recognized clubs it's a no brainer Saints in comparison cannot compete on that level currently...... £50 Million for both good bit of lolly for us means we can rebuild again :)
its a no brainer for the owners but as a fan whether the club gets 30m or 50m it does not give me more entertainment or bonus. It is about time the club dropped its admission prices. We are paying top money to watch players develop not to enjoy the finished product

A week ago in a press conference when asked if he was in talks to extend his contract he said something along the lines that he just played and his Agent sorted that stuff out. So has his Agent told him that this weeek he's to be unhappy?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

A week ago in a press conference when asked if he was in talks to extend his contract he said something along the lines that he just played and his Agent sorted that stuff out. So has his Agent told him that this weeek he's to be unhappy?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

He basically sidestepped the question.

if a player is not happy at a club and wants to move on then surely that player would know that at the end of the season or at the very least before coming back for pre season training. All this bull***t about wanting a move at this stage of the season and transfer window should be met with the short shrift it deserves!

And, if they refuse to play while they 'get their head sorted' then fine, but don't be surprised to still be sat on the bench when you're 'ready' to play again (ie, when the window's closed and you haven't been sold)!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3207372/Victor-Wanyama-tells-Southampton-unhappy-wants-leave-midfielder-refusing-discuss-new-contract.html

A great player on his day but no point keeping someone here who clearly doesn't want to be here his performances of late have shown his head isn't here, he will inevitably do a lallana and throw his toys out the pram losing vic and spider man will be a huge void to fill, maybe the club will be stronger this time after having already sold spider man!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3207372/Victor-Wanyama-tells-Southampton-unhappy-wants-leave-midfielder-refusing-discuss-new-contract.html

A great player on his day but no point keeping someone here who clearly doesn't want to be here his performances of late have shown his head isn't here, he will inevitably do a lallana and throw his toys out the pram losing vic and spider man will be a huge void to fill, maybe the club will be stronger this time after having already sold spider man!

Oh do f**k off. It's just Jones rehashing the usual boll_oxs.

This is from five days ago.

I know that some of the posters on here will not like this because it doesn't suit their agenda, but I think - at the moment - that we have an owner, a Board and a management team that have a great deal of integrity and that they are all pulling together for the good of the club.

With you on that. Especially compared to some of the past holders of said posts.

Can you imagine if we had of been sold to the hedge fund lot that took over Coventry.

I'm a believer in seeing some direct quotes from people - that article doesn't even have 1 not 1. Hardly credible is it. But hey you keep believing what you want.

So it seems you want us to buy one midfielder and one centre back for about £8 - £12m like we did with Wanyama and Lovren. Well, that's what we've done with Virgil (TBC) and Clasie.

If we'd done that and no other business would that have been okay as "fewer but higher quality" business?

Our other signings are squad building - Caulker for Gardos, Juanmi for Elia. And international left back. They don't feel like harbingers of a catastrophic malaise in our transfer business. Here to do a job, all of which could turn out to be effective gambles.

This time last year we loaned in a full back and half this forum went on suicide watch.

This time last year we spent £12m (which seems to be your touchstone for "quality") on a centre forward and many on this firum still haven't got over it.

It's a tough old gig this transfer lark. I'm happy to back the manager and Les to do it right.

I, for one, am looking forward to the WHY DIDNT WE GIVE ROMEU A TWELVE YEAR CONTRACT? weeping in a couple of years.

Don't be such an optimist. It will start next summer.

Guys, he really isn't very well to be honest.

First fear was appendicitis.

Maybe the illness is a "blessing" if he could not pass a medical right now?

The Solent/Saints Player link dropped just as Blackmore asked RK about the Wanyama situation. Anyone know what he actually said? Although to be honest, after hearing his analysis of the performance tonight anything he did say I would not take seriously, sounds like the meds for his achilles are affecting his thinking.

From the Koran interview sounds like there is a problem with Wanyama. Wonder if we will see him now.

Koeman said the situations are difficult, he said last year in the difficult transfer period (with mass speculation) we only played 3 times and this season we have played 7.

He said he doesn't know what has happened with Victor the last week, he is ill and is at home but he will have to see in the next few days what will happen when he speaks to him.

Clearly from what he said there is an issue there more than him being ill.

Picture this morning of a grumpy looking Wanyama getting ready for training with Mayuka, the outcast banished to train with the U21s...

Big positive however that his stomach infection which prevented him playing in a massive match last night has cleared up in time for a return to training today.

Must have been a false alarm or some excellent treatment!

Picture this morning of a grumpy looking Wanyama getting ready for training with Mayuka, the outcast banished to train with the U21s...

Big positive however that his stomach infection which prevented him playing in a massive match last night has cleared up in time for a return to training today.

Must have been a false alarm or some excellent treatment!

got a link?

Stomach infection one day then fine to train the next morning? Could be. But a one day stomach infection seems unlikely to me.

Depends on the cause of it, few bacteria and a big dose of antibiotics will knock it out quickly. Nasty virus...not so much. Don't forget these lads have droves of docs to sort them out whenever it's necessary.

Is the first team training today? Normal or light/recovery training?

Could be he's with the u21s simply to get a proper session in.

In fact, do we know for certain he's training with the u21s? Does the photo provide concrete proof (beyond the fact that he was near Mayuka for a bit)?

I don't get the Wanyama thing,he left a club that was playing CL football and came to us,we achieved our highest ever league position yet now he wants out to Spurs?? who also can't offer CL football and do not look even remotely close to it either,he is a good player but not top 4 player I would say closer to 5th-8th and thats what we are aiming at ...so what is it down to more money??? no doubt the new contract talks would have seen his wage grow considerably.

The whole lack of ambition thing is surely not even a factor as we are making progress as a club

I don't get the Wanyama thing,he left a club that was playing CL football and came to us,we achieved our highest ever league position yet now he wants out to Spurs?? who also can't offer CL football and do not look even remotely close to it either,he is a good player but not top 4 player I would say closer to 5th-8th and thats what we are aiming at ...so what is it down to more money??? no doubt the new contract talks would have seen his wage grow considerably.

The whole lack of ambition thing is surely not even a factor as we are making progress as a club

Who says he wants out and a transfer to Spurs, is that not just press speculation ?

Yes We DO lack ambition. Successful Teams IMPROVE their sides, NOT sell them off every window and try to get cheaper make do's

IMHO Spurs WILL get Wanyama

I just hope Townsend doesn't get that nasty stomach bug like Big Vic, otherwise it could jeopardise everything

Perhaps we could throw in JRod ..... saves Levy coming back in January

Or perhaps we could groundshare, then our players wont have to move too far

Clyne and Morgan had 1 year left on there contract so we were pretty powerless to stop them,we replaced them with Cedric and Romeu/Clasie.

Its ok going out getting big names as cover for all these positions but if you are not offering a guaranteed starting place or ridiculous wages why would they come ?

You may think we lack ambition but we have a good depth of quality players on the bench,we will add 1 or 2 before the window shuts and once the team has gelled I can't see why we can't be a strong if not stronger than last season

He was ill? Do you go to work when ill?

Believe what you want. I know that if I was a fit young sportsman I wouldn't let a bug stop me playing in the biggest game of my Southampton career.

Only muppets equate playing football to a job. They are sportsmen there is a world of difference.

Clyne and Morgan had 1 year left on there contract so we were pretty powerless to stop them,we replaced them with Cedric and Romeu/Clasie.

Its ok going out getting big names as cover for all these positions but if you are not offering a guaranteed starting place or ridiculous wages why would they come ?

You may think we lack ambition but we have a good depth of quality players on the bench,we will add 1 or 2 before the window shuts and once the team has gelled I can't see why we can't be a strong if not stronger than last season

Morgan had more than one year.