Wanyama Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015 Edition

brett24

This idiot Simon Jones seems quite upset that his North London friends won't be getting Victor.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3208231/Southampton-s-determination-want-away-midfielder-Victor-Wanyama-Tottenham-cost-213-000-week.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

The almost hysterical article completely overlooks the fact that by keeping Victor we aren't paying for someone else to replace him.

This idiot Simon Jones seems quite upset that his North London friends won't be getting Victor.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3208231/Southampton-s-determination-want-away-midfielder-Victor-Wanyama-Tottenham-cost-213-000-week.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

The almost hysterical article completely overlooks the fact that by keeping Victor we aren't paying for someone else to replace him.

great maths. as if we wouldn't have to pay similar wages to a replacement and wouldn't have to spend 12m plus to replace him.

Fair play that is an atrocious article.

I'm incredulous that there us nothing to stop them peddling this rubbish, no matter how fictitious.

How dare a puny club like Southampton not jump and do whatever the big clubs (plus disillusioned Spurs, Liverpool who think they're big) demand?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Wanyama has lost it recently - he is a liability to be honest. heart was never in it - I will be glad to get rid. At least Cork always gave 100%.

He did give 100%, and seems likable fella. Unfortunately his 100% made him a fraction the player of Wanyama or schneiderlin , so he was always only going to be their enthusiastic back up...with both our last two managers

Poor article, poor accounting. If he sees out his contract it will cost Saints £100k a week regardless of whether we turn down a bid of £18m or £80m.

Assuming £40k/week & £12.5m fee

second thoughts, it's only the wages he's really overlooked. if we replaced wayama we'd be theoretically 6m in profit (excluding agent fees and golden handshakes) and have a player with two or more years extra on his contract and would ideally leave us in the same position in two years time with 6m in pocket

it's another gamble but letting wanyama wind down his contract is guaranteed to lose value.

Too late for any sensible Prem team to let key players go unless for silly money. Best tactic imo is if one of the Mega Clubs is interested look for a replacement ( we just can't compete with wages and CL football) and let them go for a sensible fee next window or season with mutual agreement; but if a club with ides above their station (Spuds, Liverpool) come asking , find a replacement first and screw them for a ludicrous fee and preferably make the player put in a request so the buying club has to pay bonuses due and percentage of fee.

Not read most of the thread and don't know if this has been mentioned previously. Just been told by a friend who is daughter of a Celtic Board Member that Celtic are entitled to 2.5 million if Wanyama is sold on. She reckons the VVD deal is done and will be announced Wednesday at the latest.

No wonder spurs are a selling club with this mentality. "Yes Mr Levy now RM have bid for him to Keep Mr Bale will cost us 89 million pounds over the next four years."

"What I physically have to pay 89 million to keep him and his wages?"

"Well no you just pay his wages and the 89 million does not really exist but still it's a lot of money"

"Your right I can't afford to not pay 89 million over the next four years we better sell him and buy soldado."

"You know it makes sense as no one will offer us anything for soldado so he won't be costing us any imaginary pounds over the period of his contract"

Not read most of the thread and don't know if this has been mentioned previously. Just been told by a friend who is daughter of a Celtic Board Member that Celtic are entitled to 2.5 million if Wanyama is sold on. She reckons the VVD deal is done and will be announced Wednesday at the latest.

This is true from what I have been lead to believe. As for the announcement Wednesday that is news to me. All I have been told is that there are two agreed fee's made with Celtic that completely depends on their CL qualification.

This is true from what I have been lead to believe. As for the announcement Wednesday that is news to me. All I have been told is that there are two agreed fee's made with Celtic that completely depends on their CL qualification.

Good stuff. When do you expect it to be announced? By the end of this week? Not that it really matters I suppose

Different amounts or structured differently? A lower fee if they don't qualify?

If he has more than two braincells he'll see what happened to Morgan, realise he deserves and should strive to get a better club than Spurs, by performing well for us this season. In fact I think he does and this is all media bull****. After tasting it with Celtic he will want Champions League football, do you think he realises Spurs have only got there once since it began? He should.

Edited by Saint IQ

I see the Mané thread has been merged with this one.

I read this in the Mail

‘Don’t worry, we have bigger targets,’ was the thrust of Woodward’s message to associates. ‘The Pedro thing will eventually be forgotten.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3209356/Pressure-United-boss-Ed-Woodward-just-seven-days-grab-GAAL-actico.html

Now I know that the Mail is not always accurate (!!!) but the arrogance involved in this is quite staggering. I am not sure that anyone sees Mané as a bigger target than Pedro, but to play around like they have and unsettle both the player and to a certain extent the club, is poor show. They used him to deflect their dropping the ball, got a negative reaction from their "supporters" and then come out with this shìt. If they were after bigger targets than Pedro all along (LOL at £240m for Neymar) then why even mention Mané?

If he has more than two braincells he'll see what happened to Morgan, realise he deserves and should strive to get a better club than Spurs, by performing well for us this season. In fact I think he does and this is all media bull****. After tasting it with Celtic he will want Champions League football, do you think he realises Spurs have only got there once since it began? He should.

Major difference is that Morgan was always too good for Spurs and I'm not sure Wanyama would interest any club better than them to be honest, he's just too clumsy with the ball to interest them. The rumours linking him with Arsenal just seem ridiculous to me. If Morgan wasn't a good enough passer for Wenger then there's no chance Wanyama is

In that case judging on the arsenal games I've seen recently half the arsenal team aren't good enough for arsenal.

Last night in the second half when they were camped around liverpool's box, everything was one touch. A lot of it was just lay offs and short angled passes but most of it was one touch football. Wanyama can't do that, he's technically very very average. He doesn't fit in with the way they play at all and there is nothing about him that suggests Wenger would like him. He's closer to being the complete opposite to what Wenger likes in his midfielders.

Even watching Morgan for United so far, he sticks out as being too slow when moving the ball. Great defensive work but when they need to break teams down he just doesn't do things quickly enough, always needing two or three touches. And we all know Morgan is miles ahead of Victor as a player. Both of them had their best games for us in defensive performances, particularly away from home against the big clubs. Dominating possession and having to break teams down is a different game altogether and I'd be amazed if any of them wanted him

In the Watford 'Spoons on Sunday, there were some of our lot singing "He's a Kenyan, a greedy Kenyan, Victor Wanyama". All based on a 'story' that was potentially leaked by another club.

Cracking support.

In the Watford 'Spoons on Sunday, there were some of our lot singing "He's a Kenyan, a greedy Kenyan, Victor Wanyama". All based on a 'story' that was potentially leaked by another club.

Cracking support.

That's what you get drinking in 'spoons.

Morgan was left out in similar circumstances last year until he'd got his head round the fact that he wouldn't be leaving.

And koeman said that was the case at the time. It's not this time.

So either the statement that he won't be allowed to leave is reneged on and the illness is fake or we meant it and he's ill.

We'll find out in due course. But not before meltdown on here.

He's poorly. You are causing the meltdown by saying there's doubt.