Wanyama Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015 Edition

brett24

Oh so you mean you know more about football players than the club? All those people at the club, with loads of experience in football, are deliberately buying players they believe are crap and not up to the job? I guess the club just randomly pick players off a list and then buy them or something?

If you think I am going to brown nose every saints decision you have another think coming.

If it was me making the calls I would have gone after the likes of Shaqiri, Austin, Cabaye, I agree with our interest in VVD, I would be interested in

James Tavernier of Rangers a right back up and coming, to name but a few. Hey, I am not the decision maker but I have every right to question saints when in my opinion they have made a blunder, for me apart from Clasie we have we have gone the cheap option in comparative terms with what you have to pay for quality these days.

I would also have shipped out one or two.

I don't believe the article, other than its an extension of the 'known' liklihood that VW won't sign a new contract and the club are likely to sell next summer.

As for the comment "not appreciated", that is probably b0ll0cks, other than perhaps in VW's mind he thinks he should be lauded and held in the same esteem as Schneiderlin. Except he's nowhere near the player MS was for us last season, having been with us for the previous 6 seasons to increase the adulation from supporters.

Wanyama is good but he can not pass accurately past 20 yards and does need to be surrounded by the "right" players. I can see why he would be unhappy now , his deficiencies are more exposed, and no pro footballer likes that.

Without MS alongside him I agree, but really this should be his opportunity to take over. Remember Alan Ball's analogy, when the flag bearer goes down, its up to somebody else to pick it up and march with it. But of course the modern player - and their agent - just wants to f^ck off for another mega pay day somewhere else.

People have mentioned that this comes out a day before our game, when really, it should be seen as coming out just after Spurs ****ed up once again. One might think that they are trying to deflect attention away from their own deficiencies.

People have mentioned that this comes out a day before our game, when really, it should be seen as coming out just after Spurs ****ed up once again. One might think that they are trying to deflect attention away from their own deficiencies.

You're not seriously suggesting the nice Mr Levy or anyone working at Tottenham would use deceiptful and underhand measures by 'leaking' something to London journalist contacts are you ?

If you think I am going to brown nose every saints decision you have another think coming.

If it was me making the calls I would have gone after the likes of Shaqiri, Austin, Cabaye, I agree with our interest in VVD, I would be interested in

James Tavernier of Rangers a right back up and coming, to name but a few. Hey, I am not the decision maker but I have every right to question saints when in my opinion they have made a blunder, for me apart from Clasie we have we have gone the cheap option in comparative terms with what you have to pay for quality these days.

I would also have shipped out one or two.

Completely agree with this, I'm fairly worried that the teams around us have strengthened way more than we have. Sure we have more depth in the squad but i'm not convinced that the first 11 is any better than last year or even the year before.

I messed that up.

I seriously doubt we will sell anyone. I think we will get another 1/2 players in by the end of the window and have a pretty decent first team squad, will be in the Europa league group stages and the team will be getting better and better.

But we have to accept this is probably our lot, there is not much we can do, the big four will waft money in the faces of our better players and will pummel the media with 'tips' that favour them and unsettle us and the media will lap it up. It was funny watching Soccer Saturday yesterday and Merson waffling on about how we sell everyone, how we won't progress, how we could have a top 4 team by now and Tiss correcting him saying that people are paying over the odds for our players and the club will accept those offers especially if the player wants to go. And then to minutes later saying Everton are stupid not to sell John Stones to Chelsea for £27 million.

For the majority of the country, most of the media, for sky, for BT etc. there are about 5/6 clubs in this country, everyone else is there to make up the numbers. That is our lot, if we have success and we upset those big teams they will do everything to upset that success. I suppose we should take it as a compliment, I mean we've pretty much caught up to Spurs in 3 years, we are not that far behind Liverpool either and these teams are spending millions to achieve their 5th and 6th, yet we didn't and finished what a few pints behind?

IMO the only players we have sold recently actually worth how much the other club paid for them was Lambert and Morgan. In Morgans case it was because we kept him here last year so our hands were tied, we had to sell him. Lovren we mugged Liverpool, Lallana was never worth that much, Shaw IMO will not be Ashley Cole level, Chambers is not looking like a £15 million player, £12 million for Clyne was a huge amount for a player with one year on his contract.

IF any of this is true about Wanyama, which I doubt it is, we won't sell him for less than £25 million IMO and Spurs won't pay that and the only other premiership club I can see that needs Wanyama is Arsenal, all the others are well covered for centre-mids, I also don't think Wanyama is good enough technically for Arsenal.

If you want to know what's really going on at Southampton, then speak to Les Reed or Victor Wanyama or even Sadio Mane or his agent. This club has done exactly what we have all expected. Clyne and Schneiderlin didn't want to be here and whilst Toby really wanted to stay I think the thought of living in London for a young man was to exciting not to except. VVD will arrive next week and we have invested very wisely in young talent.

Now we need patience for the squad to grow together.

I am a qualified, full time football trainer working in Austria. Learning my trade after playing football for 40 years.

This a great club, with a great owner.

Vic's off in my opinion. Koeman not looking himself and seems frustrated. Mane unsettled too.

No time to replace. And I do not yet believe we have replaced Morgan, Toby (van Dijk ?) and Clyne. Targett has cost us 5 points this season so far and we need a decent cover man. Fonte is also not quite himself and Forsters replacement is not good enough.

That's the negatives.

Positives.... we have held on to Vic before. Van Dijk may be coming. Mane not yet gone. Still hope.

Overall? I think we have one week for the Boardroom to start to spend and signal intent. We have banked 10s of millions. We have not invested enough. Those we have bought appear weaker than those sold. I think we have failed this window. Failed to build. I think that's down to the Boardroom and I sense Koemans frustration.

We got lucky last summer. We are being too tight to be lucky this season. I think Les Reed has under performed. I think our Boardroom policy is failing Koeman.

Oh no I wet the bed!

Vic's off in my opinion. Koeman not looking himself and seems frustrated. Mane unsettled too.

No time to replace. And I do not yet believe we have replaced Morgan, Toby (van Dijk ?) and Clyne. Targett has cost us 5 points this season so far and we need a decent cover man. Fonte is also not quite himself and Forsters replacement is not good enough.

That's the negatives.

Positives.... we have held on to Vic before. Van Dijk may be coming. Mane not yet gone. Still hope.

Overall? I think we have one week for the Boardroom to start to spend and signal intent. We have banked 10s of millions. We have not invested enough. Those we have bought appear weaker than those sold. I think we have failed this window. Failed to build. I think that's down to the Boardroom and I sense Koemans frustration.

We got lucky last summer. We are being too tight to be lucky this season. I think Les Reed has under performed. I think our Boardroom policy is failing Koeman.

Oh no I wet the bed!

We have replaced Clyne with Cedric, we've brought in Clasie and Romeu to fill the gap Morgan has left, Stekelenburg is a stop gap until Forster is healthy again, VVD is due shortly and we have also brought in Caulker. Koeman has a right to be a bit disappointed with the performances just as the fans have been - probably more so as he is in charge of the team.

Just because the replacements haven't performed as well so far doesn't negate the fact they are the replacements. Get used to it. Matching last season (our best Prem season ever) was always going to be a tough task. Let the injuries heal up the new players come in and give a bit of time to gel and see what happens.

That's the negatives.

Oh no I wet the bed!

TWO GAMES IN

That's the negatives.

Oh no I wet the bed!

I really hope you have a lot of waterproofs on, as you are seemingly constantly wetting something.

If you want to know what's really going on at Southampton, then speak to Les Reed or Victor Wanyama or even Sadio Mane or his agent. This club has done exactly what we have all expected. Clyne and Schneiderlin didn't want to be here and whilst Toby really wanted to stay I think the thought of living in London for a young man was to exciting not to except. VVD will arrive next week and we have invested very wisely in young talent.

Now we need patience for the squad to grow together.

I am a qualified, full time football trainer working in Austria. Learning my trade after playing football for 40 years.

This a great club, with a great owner.

No disrespect but this is as bad as the "bedwetting" posts.

Wanyama might have told you at some point that he loves it here, but not enough to even consider a new contract or to prevent him telling a Journalist he would like to join Arsenal.

..."whilst Toby really wanted to stay I think the thought of living in London for a young man was too exciting not to accept".

Maybe Wanyama wants to live in London too?

Maybe when you spoke to Mane's agent at the friendly in Austria he just fobbed you off because he is hardly likely to reveal his plans for his Client to a Saints fan at a friendly match.

Don't be naïve.

Saint Charlie believe what you read. I'll keep hearing it from the horses mouth.

Hearing it when? A few months ago at a friendly, when those you are speaking to know you are a Saints fan?

Reed and Kruger both told me they were confident of Pochettino signing a new contract, face to face at the Awards dinner. Within a couple of weeks he was at Spurs, which presumably they both knew was likely.

Exactly time to dust off the cheque book and show some ambition in the transfer market. Why didn't we go for Georginio Wijnaldum, Payet, or Shaqiri

Instead we sign some dross called Cuco

And why are we not putting release clauses for big money in contracts? Wanyama for example £30 million.....

That's the negatives.

Oh no I wet the bed!

Jesus H Christ, what a wally.

Exactly time to dust off the cheque book and show some ambition in the transfer market. Why didn't we go for Georginio Wijnaldum, Payet, or Shaqiri

And why are we not putting release clauses for big money in contracts? Wanyama for example £30 million.....

What difference does a release clause make?

That's the negatives.

Oh no I wet the bed!

What a pile of steaming sh*te.

How much have we already spent this window?

The players you mention all seem to be midfielders which Cuco isn't. A better comparison would be Clasie or Juanmi. Oh and we already have JRod, Mane and Tadic so aren't exactly short there.

It's possible that if we tried putting in a release clause it would deter these better class of players for signing for us in the first place as they don't want to be tied down too long. Is it better to have a top class player for a couple of years and sell for a large profit or get merely a good player for longer but with little re-sale value? Doesn't even account for the fact they may try and force a move/go on strike etc...

Dry your eyes petal.

How much have we already spent this window?

The players you mention all seem to be midfielders which Cuco isn't. A better comparison would be Clasie or Juanmi. Oh and we already have JRod, Mane and Tadic so aren't exactly short there.

It's possible that if we tried putting in a release clause it would deter these better class of players for signing for us in the first place as they don't want to be tied down too long. Is it better to have a top class player for a couple of years and sell for a large profit or get merely a good player for longer but with little re-sale value? Doesn't even account for the fact they may try and force a move/go on strike etc...

Plus it doesn't mean we have to sell at release clause value, it just means if it's met we have to ( although Pool didn't with Suarez). Juanmi had a £30m release clause and it didn't help Malaga.

I

Are you certain Georginio Wijnaldum, Payet, or Shaqiri would have been happy be reserve right back?

He's **** any way - to be a good footballer you need to pass and shoot, he can do neither, plus he has little football intelligence.

Another reason I wish we held on to Cork

CORK WANTED TO LEAVE. HE TURNED DOWN A NEW CONTRACT. WHY CAN'T PEOPLE COMPREHEND THIS??

CORK WANTED TO LEAVE. HE TURNED DOWN A NEW CONTRACT. WHY CAN'T PEOPLE COMPREHEND THIS??

Why did he want to leave? What was in the contract offer? When was the contract offered?

It's all water under the bridge now but I think it's fair to say that if Saints had really wanted to keep him, he would have stayed, but he was treated like a squad player, which at the time he was, when perhaps he could and should have been treated as a vital first team player, especially as it was easy to predict our top players would be in demand and possibly leave.

Both Poch and RK undervalued him IMO, but that's history now. We have Romeu and Clasie. Let's see how they fare. Perhaps 6 months down the line Cork wont be missed at all...we'll see.

Wanyama and Mane need to be told by the club that they are not leaving in this window and that's the end of it.

For me, it's that simple. If they want what's best for their careers, they will knuckle down, get on with it and do their best for Saints, just as Morgan did last season.

Losing a player of Wanyama's influence at this stage of the window is not an option in my opinion, as many of the best options to replace him will already have been snapped up by now.

I think it might be down to a contract being offered so late on and RK not offering him one when he hadn't seen him play. Something like that.

That's my take on it as well.

I don't blame Cork for leaving, and understand his reasons for doing so. It is all too simplistic to say it was his decision and outside the club's control. It was clear to all that Morgan would want out this summer after his publicised strop last August. Had Cork been offered a contract at the same time as Fonte, then we might have had a chance of securing him, to leave it dangling for months as we did was enough to convince him his future was best elsewhere.

Poor handling of the situation in my view.

He left because he wasn't valued/rated by Koeman & Pochettino.

Simples!!

Don't understand it tbh... Paid big bucks for clasie and he's not half the player. IMO of course.

He wasn't rated to start ahead of Schneiderlin and Wanyama.

You can't possibly believe that statement about Clasie.