Wanyama Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015 Edition

brett24

You are of course quite right (and I've had a bit of a rant).

Doubt Les at your peril, he has always pulled rabbits out of hats for us. I don't think this season will be the same.

Bournemouth are above us in the table, we have the best academy in the country making Les' job a hell of a lot easier too

kanye-shrug1.jpeg

Won't believe it until Simon Jones in the Mail posts a story up ;)

And here it is.....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3207372/Victor-Wanyama-tells-Southampton-unhappy-wants-leave-midfielder-refusing-discuss-new-contract.html

Unsettled and unhappy.

And we thought last summer was bad....I give up with poxy overpaid players,the agents,the media....the club itself for ripping us off eft right and centre.

**** you sky Sports and all that Is Premier League Football.

Bring back the days of Boyer,Watson,Channon,

Moran,...when footie was for the fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was one on Thursday that annoyed me. JWP was open for a short pass and Victor chose instead to drive the ball out to the left wing and into the crowd. JWP was not impressed.

Nothing like as unimpressed as Pelle was every time Rodriguez didn't pass to him! :D

Should we bother keeping players who don't want to play for the club? With Morgan it was maybe a little different because of the history he had with us.

Would rather have players who want to be here rather than one going through the motions until leaving next summer.

Trouble is, for all this stuff about 'we don't want players to leave' and 'we should force them to stay' and whatnot, we actually...erm...shouldn't want to do that.

You want to be a good stepping-stone option for up-and-coming players.

If we sell Mane for £25Mn for instance, we'll have essentially been paid £15Mn to have him play for us for a season.

Whilst it might hurt your pride when they leave you don't want to stop that from happening.

And here it is.....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3207372/Victor-Wanyama-tells-Southampton-unhappy-wants-leave-midfielder-refusing-discuss-new-contract.html

Unsettled and unhappy.

It reads like he just doesn't want to sign a contract extension. I never thought he would so that's fine. Sold next summer, I think. So no change to what kits expected to happen anyway.

Unsettled and unhappy.

jesus, that article is just littered with a few "facts" like the burglary mixed in with some real nonsense. Dropped three times by Koeman ? Ok, umm, didn't Pochettino leave him out at the end of the previous season a hell of a lot more when Cork couldn't be dropped ?

Unsettled and unhappy.

I've just read that, the bit where he was "picked regularly under Pochettino but dropped 3 times by Koeman" is so transparent (and such absolute cobblers) it's embarrassing to read.

Played 20 matches in 2013/14 under Pochettino.

Played 32 matches in 2014/15 under Koeman.

if we can get 20 millfor him then let him go... i imagine he can spit the dummy with the best if them!, good player but 20 mill should get us a decent replacement, certainly not like losing spider!, if he wants out strip him of the shirt and send him on his way. footballers are now refering to the game as a business, i can remember when they used just loved having a chance to play the game they love..............thanks Rupert Murdoch you Clunt!

And we thought last summer was bad....I give up with poxy overpaid players,the agents,the media....the club itself for ripping us off eft right and centre.

**** you sky Sports and all that Is Premier League Football.

Bring back the days of Boyer,Watson,Channon,

Moran,...when footie was for the fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mm.m....nothing changes though does it? Channon was lured to move to Citeh and Malcolm Allison's superteam for more £ and the promise of winning the league. Of course the "superteam" tanked and he came back.

This clearly has 100% come from Spurs.

What will SFC do about it ?

I would imagine we'll pick Wanyama tomorrow and reiterate that no-one will be sold - this time having told all of the players when they're allowed to leave first.

My 2016 summer hit-list is Wanyama, Fonte, Mane, Rodriguez and possibly Pelle and Cedric, FWIW.

I would imagine we'll pick Wanyama tomorrow and reiterate that no-one will be sold - this time having told all of the players when they're allowed to leave first.

My 2016 summer hit-list is Wanyama, Fonte, Mane, Rodriguez and possibly Pelle and Cedric, FWIW.

Fonte will be nearly 33 next summer, Pelle will be 31/32 so no big clubs will want them, Cedric doesn't look to be anywhere good enough for the top four yet, Jay Rod will still have three years on his contract leaving Mane and Wanyama from your list, IMHO.

if we can get 20 millfor him then let him go... i imagine he can spit the dummy with the best if them!, good player but 20 mill should get us a decent replacement

Therein lies the problem, £20 mill would buy a very decent replacement but I suspect the reality would be that the "black box" throws up a £5milluon replacement and the rest goes in Kat's pocket.

Therein lies the problem, £20 mill would buy a very decent replacement but I suspect the reality would be that the "black box" throws up a £5milluon replacement and the rest goes in Kat's pocket.

Can someone who has actually gone through the accounts released in the past few years shed any light on whether the owner has actually taken any money out of the club?

When will it end eh.

Not aimed at you the9,

Is our grand scheme to continue on this path making big money off our players and hoping to replace this and repeat while maintaining a 6 to 10 ish league position

And after X amount of years accumulated enough resource to become an elite club?

Can someone who has actually gone through the accounts released in the past few years shed any light on whether the owner has actually taken any money out of the club?

Good question. I've wondered that myself, as far as I can see all the Liebherrs have done is to put money in.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3207372/Victor-Wanyama-tells-Southampton-unhappy-wants-leave-midfielder-refusing-discuss-new-contract.html

According to this:

- Wanyama has been unhappy for a while

- His home being burgled further unsettled him

- Doesn't feel his contribution is appreciated enough by the club

- RK dropping him 3 times last season led him to "question his role in the team" under Koeman.

Fonte will be nearly 33 next summer, Pelle will be 31/32 so no big clubs will want them, Cedric doesn't look to be anywhere good enough for the top four yet, Jay Rod will still have three years on his contract leaving Mane and Wanyama from your list, IMHO.

So apart from Fonte being in demand and probably wanting a last big contract, Pelle being younger and a lot more mobile than Lambert was when Liverpool signed him, no-one in history ever having left a club mid-contract, and the possibility of the bloke we spent ages tracking to replace Clyne being as good as he's looked in pre-season, we're still only losing two of our best players.

Ok then.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3207372/Victor-Wanyama-tells-Southampton-unhappy-wants-leave-midfielder-refusing-discuss-new-contract.html

According to this:

- Wanyama has been unhappy for a while

- His home being burgled further unsettled him

- Doesn't feel his contribution is appreciated enough by the club

- RK dropping him 3 times last season led him to "question his role in the team" under Koeman.

Already been linked and laughed at.

At what stage does transfer media conduct become tapping up/subject to libel law?

I'm not saying Saints are innocent of it, but I'm absolutely fed up with clubs making up any old story to unsettle a player. If this happened in many industries, there'd be fines/legal challenges.

This is irrespective of whether Wanyama wants to go or not

Another thread where posters think that the owner is seeking to extract cash from the business.....

The general concensus on Markus Liebherr's wealth was that he was worth circa €2.5bn - I have it on decent authority that our secretive Swiss based saviour was worth significantly MORE than that figure, but that matters not as we don't know how his estate was distributed and what share, KL, the benefactor of SFC got.

My understanding is that KL has never drawn money out of SFC. In fact she has bankrolled the training centre and paid back the (un-sanctioned) Vibrac loan.

There is a huge difference between running a sustainable business and asset stripping, you would have thought that last summer would have taught that lesson.

If we sell players it is because it is good business, not because we have to.

Absolute idiocy.

Nothing to worry about. It's just Spurs stirring. We're moaning on here about bringing in quality, they've had a massive struggle bringing in players. Toby was the only one who was on their first choice of targets. Although when I heard who they missed out on it's not difficult to see why.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Please share for comedy value.

When will it end eh.

Not aimed at you the9,

Is our grand scheme to continue on this path making big money off our players and hoping to replace this and repeat while maintaining a 6 to 10 ish league position

And after X amount of years accumulated enough resource to become an elite club?

Our grand scheme is to be the best of the sides not in the Champions League, whilst recruiting relatively cheap players with a promising upside, selling developed players at a profit and using the balance between wages, tv money and player sales to maintain the club's infrastructure and playing side sustainably, I should think.

Which means we'll always have lots of potential replacements in mind, but you can't expect us to be 100% successful and sometimes we'll have periods when our depth level is exposed by injury and suspensions.

So apart from Fonte being in demand and probably wanting a last big contract, Pelle being younger and a lot more mobile than Lambert was when Liverpool signed him, no-one in history ever having left a club mid-contract, and the possibility of the bloke we spent ages tracking to replace Clyne being as good as he's looked in pre-season, we're still only losing two of our best players.

Ok then.

Fonte's not going anywhere next year IMHO. He'll turn into a Kelvin Davis type character and stay on at the club. I can't say that I've seen much of Fonte being in demand by a top 4 club to be honest. Pelle will stay at the club while Koeman is here, i.e. the end of the 2016/17 season by then it's likely that we'd be happy to let him go. It's obvious that the Liverpool move was wrong for Lambert so why would Pelle want to do the same thing. I agree with the opinion that Wanyama and Mane will be next seasons departures, in the same way it was obvious that Schneiderlein, Clyne and Alderweireld were going to this year.

Basically we have to build a new team every season. Good luck to the Managers doing that every year!

No because at some point the constant removal of good players will leave us with no one worth buying at which point the big boys will move on to Swansea or Stoke or something just need to drop down to a regular 16th placed team to be able to keep (most of our) players I bet Sunderland fans are ecstatic that no one wants to constantly buy all their players.

Our grand scheme is to be the best of the sides not in the Champions League, whilst recruiting relatively cheap players with a promising upside, selling developed players at a profit and using the balance between wages, tv money and player sales to maintain the club's infrastructure and playing side sustainably, I should think.

Which means we'll always have lots of potential replacements in mind, but you can't expect us to be 100% successful and sometimes we'll have periods when our depth level is exposed by injury and suspensions.

And to be fair, it's the only way a club like ourselves can compete. We have to be clever and buy potential or take a gamble on a 'big name' who hasn't quite made it, we can't buy the finished product. Although we can make the finished product for other clubs it seems.

But I still surprises me how people don't understand this. They seem to assume that because our billionaire's family are rich, that we can keep all our players and buy lots of expensive players. That's never going to be the case. The policy we deploy will have peaks and troughs, but it's what gives us the best chance to compete, whilst not totally screwing ourselves financially.

I'll await the ''Well, Nicola didn't have that thought!!'' - well no, he didn't. He also assumed that because our billionaire's family are rich, that he can go out their and splash stupid money around.

Good question. I've wondered that myself, as far as I can see all the Liebherrs have done is to put money in.

Yes but not enough for some deluded fans who seem to think she should be pouring every penny she owns into marquee signings for regular CL football (despite FFP)................

Not quite. We need to let a manager build "his" team and then try and keep the manager for a few years.

So just Wanyama, Rodriguez, Davis, JWP and Fonte to go and then Koeman will really be able to call it "his team". Mane counts as Koemans team so when he leaves it will be a bit of dent in his team building.

When will it end eh.

Not aimed at you the9,

That or Les and co do very nicely ;)