Wanyama Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015 Edition

brett24

SPURS TARGET WANYAMA

Sky sources understand Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama is a transfer target for Tottenham.

We understand the 24-year-old is keen on working with former boss Mauricio Pochettino again.

The Spurs boss brought Wanyama to Southampton from Celtic two years ago for a club record £12m.

It will get worse before it gets better. Every season from now on. Thank goodness we have a good manager. Have to say, looking at the fixture list I'm not sure where the next points are coming from.

I'm the same when the team are losing or not doing well, you look at the possible fixtures and you think where's the next point going to come from? But if Saints manage to turn a slide in form around (as we have in previous seasons) I look at the fixture list much more positively, it's all about perspective.

We're in a hole at the moment, with a few rays of daylight poking through the dirt, the better we do as the season goes on the more the daylight will shine through and eventually climb out of the hole.

SPURS TARGET WANYAMA

Sky sources understand Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama is a transfer target for Tottenham.

We understand the 24-year-old is keen on working with former boss Mauricio Pochettino again.

The Spurs boss brought Wanyama to Southampton from Celtic two years ago for a club record £12m.

This is already covered in the wanyama thread, two are not needed.

BBC Solent Sport ‏@solentsport

SAINTS: (1/2) #SaintsFC director Les Reed has just told us: "We're not going to sell anybody. People should be confident that >>

SAINTS: (2/2) >> (Les Reed) "..there aren't going to be any players exiting from the current first team squad."

SAINTS: On possible incomings, Reed said: "It might take a bit of time but we're working hard, and I'm confident we'll come through with it.

SAINTS: Reed on start to season: "We're making improvements game by game, and people should be confident about the way we're moving forward

I know some united fans are giving their club some stick for missing out on one or two signings, but no one can compete with Spurs in terms of attempting to sign players but failing to do so. I'm not just talking about Morgan, I'm talking about 20 years of being linked with big players, perhaps offering peanuts and the player going elsewhere. This will be another.

I listened to the Les Reed chat with Adam Blackmore on Solent earlier...They only played a little bit of it...

"The 1st team squad - we're not going to sell anybody - There are some other players who may go - but they wouldn' be current members of the 1st team squad".

Breaking on SSN - Wanyama not been happy for a while? WTF?????

I listened to the Les Reed chat with Adam Blackmore on Solent earlier...They only played a little bit of it...

"The 1st team squad - we're not going to sell anybody - There are some other players who may go - but they wouldn' be current members of the 1st team squad".

He's told the club today he wishes to leave according to Sky sources.

Oh FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just saw it myself, the way they worded it was that he had been offered a new contract and turned it down saying he was interested in a move elsewhere and would be open to working with Pochettino again. Hopefully it's just a negative spin on him not signing a new contract and perhaps when asked if he would like to play for Spurs he didn't just say "No". Even more hopefully the whole story is utter bullshine. If not and it's all true - Oh FFS!!!!!

Bizarre if true. Not that he wants to leave, I get that, but he should have made that clear in May, and should be heading to a CL club. He'd get one next summer. Daft to go to spurs now. He did suggest this was a stepping stone at the start though.

It's not any sales that bother me, it's the cheap replacing that is starting to grate.

You really think Wanyama's passing ability will get him to a top four club...laughable.

No wonder Koeman and many other PL Managers can't wait for the window to end.

Hard to have a fully focused team when 2 or 3 of the starting XI players either want to leave or have had their head turned.

Maybe a few of the players feel it hard to really progress when your best teammates are continually sold, and perhaps they don't feel the replacements are good enough to sustain last season's form?

Edited by Saint Charlie

Breaking on SSN - Wanyama not been happy for a while? WTF?????

Once Les says stuff like that, it means players must agitate for a move. He will have to put in a transfer request, which will cost him money.

If he starts being a di ck then we might end up selling him. But Iets see if anyone gets close to a valuation because I'm not convinced.

All this crap, Fonte, Mane, Wanyama etc does somewhat make it difficult to have a positive start to the season.

You need focused, committed and confident players but it seems at the moment that barely anyone in the first team is really settled, either with their place in the team/form or in some cases place at the club.

Only Stekelenburg (who knows he is just here for a year) and probably Pelle fall into the settled category for me, maybe Davis too.

If we had enough depth to let Victor go we would.....but we don't so we won't....We made Morgan stay a further season and we we do the same with Victor...besides my view is that the relationship we have with Spurs is not good- Poaching our manager and Mitchell, unsettling schnederlin and then poaching toby from under our noses.

Also an element of once you let so many go, and teammates see them all playing in bigger games for better teams, then you can see why others want a piece of that, even potentially Fonte.

Do you think Wanyama sees our signings this summer and feels excited that we can better last year?

Not that it makes a difference to us wanting to sell, but certainly could make him feel more like this season could be a little wasted in his career, as he knows he will go next summer anyway.