Wanyama Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015 Edition

brett24

We've sold two this summer and bought in something like five so what's the problem? If you want to count last summer keeping four players, who basically had threatened to strike, would have killed our teams morale and done more harm than good plus as we actually had our best finish ever I'm not sure how last summer can be used for an excuse for anything happening now.

who threatened to strike?

lovren maybe, that was about it...oh, morgan was probably the most vocal

when was the last time an international player, in the prem went on strike?

Edited by Batman

who threatened to strike?

lovren maybe, that was about it

when was the last time an international player, in the prem went on strike?

It's not about players actually going on strike but managing the situation. Lallana was not going to stay. Ditto Lovren. It was a year ago and we did better last season anyway.

When do you think you might be able to start getting over it instead of mentioning it every single day. Every single day.

It's not about players actually going on strike but managing the situation. Lallana was not going to stay. Ditto Lovren. It was a year ago and we did better last season anyway.

When do you think you might be able to start getting over it instead of mentioning it every single day. Every single day.

534.jpg

Oh the irony.

I believe that Mane and and Victor are happy at Southampton..and want to stay all thier career (s)

but remember that comes from a pensioner who only found out yesterday that I have a nut allergy (after eating a packet of M&Ms) and has been put on 6 steriods a day for the next 4 days ??

Christ alive don't they make you feel good:rolleyes::lol:

What? so you think we should sell a player like Morgan or Clyne and buy someone better than that costs more :lol:

or do you think the club can afford to hold all players to their contracts and then let them walk on frees? How many players do you think would sign for us if they thought we would force them to see out a 4-5 year contract?

Read it again then comment!

Is it good business to sell your better players and replace them with lesser quality saving a few quid?

For me that is playing with fire and putting us at risk of dropping out of the most lucrative of leagues.

Do you suggest holding all players to their contracts and allowing them to leave for nothing?

How do you suggest we hold on to players that are adamant that they want to leave?

You seem to think that 100m in the bank no decent players is a good position to be in!!!!!

We let me tell you that it's about the players we have in that team that wins games... Money on the bank or sub standard replacements mean Jack S- - t...

We need to sing players on 7 year deals and bonus based wages...

Put Wanyama in the reserves and forget him - let everyone know we are serious about not letting any player go on their terms...

This whole thing is now farcical....

We need to draw a line in the sand now - no one leaves and if you say anything about wanting to leave you lose your bonuses which equal half your wages...

We are not here to service Individuals selfish ambitions we are here for the Southampton fans who now deserve and expect loyalty....

Clubs like ours have to wrestle control back from greedy disloyal players....

Football is becoming a circus full of sickening greed and self obsessed morons. I am surely not alone in losing interest in this money polluted charade...

We have nothing like £100m in the bank, we should just be grateful that we have sufficient resources to trade at a comfortable level if we manage the business properly.

We cannot sign anybody on a 7 year deal. Professional contracts can only be for a maximum of 5 years, 3 if the player is under 18.

Please check the facts before going on a rant.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/01/27/64/30/regulationsstatusandtransfer2010%5fe.pdf

And we sold him anyway a year later.

true.

just saying that you can keep a player. albeit, for another season. Despite other claiming nothing can be done.

which is what I expect will happen with Vic this summer anyway (if he actually wants out)

What? so you think we should sell a player like Morgan or Clyne and buy someone better than that costs more :lol:

or do you think the club can afford to hold all players to their contracts and then let them walk on frees? How many players do you think would sign for us if they thought we would force them to see out a 4-5 year contract?

This is a very good point! We now have a reputation to blood and improve players in the Premier and allow them to develop their careers more so than the bigger clubs where they may be stuck on the bench

This will encourage other good young ambitious players to see us as a good stepping stone and we will get 2 to 3 good years out of them before selling them on for a profit

This is not a bad strategy for a club our size and it is similar to what we have archived with the academy where success and chances breeds more success by attracting the good youth to us!

Well, Schneiderlin and Clyne... :o

It was no surprise to me that Alderweireld left. His comments when he joined the club were along the lines of that he was coming here to get noticed and play regularly. I was hopeful that he might have stayed but not surprising that he didn't. The only surprise was that he went to Spuds and not a decent team.

Good job we did keep Morgan for that extra season otherwise we may not be on our European adventure this season. Surely people can see the need to balance sales with what's right for the first team? Just like Les and Ron insisting that no first teamer will leave in the remainder of this window. What's everyone actually arguing about?

true.

just saying that you can keep a player. albeit, for another season. Despite other claiming nothing can be done.

which is what I expect will happen with Vic this summer anyway (if he actually wants out)

Being that you are just going tot up every player we sell into one long whine list we might as well just sell them all as soon as possible. Keeping Morgan for that additional season has made no difference to your moaning has it?

It was no surprise to me that Alderweireld left. His comments when he joined the club were along the lines of that he was coming here to get noticed and play regularly. I was hopeful that he might have stayed but not surprising that he didn't. The only surprise was that he went to Spuds and not a decent team.

Yes, surprise indeed. It was probably the best of a very few offers.

You could probably do that for players that saw playing for us was the maximum level of their ability. The club has outgrown that sort of player and will always be looking for players of potential top 4/CL level. Once they have reached that level, then in the same way, we have ditched players to get to the next level, they will want to ditch the club.

Good job we did keep Morgan for that extra season otherwise we may not be on our European adventure this season. Surely people can see the need to balance sales with what's right for the first team? Just like Les and Ron insisting that no first teamer will leave in the remainder of this window. What's everyone actually arguing about?

Because many of the intellectually challenged believe Sky Sports above Les & Ron.

I think we should buy the best we can and if that means spending more than 5 million then so be it.

So there's been no bid of any sort I take it then?

So it's just like Fonte and Villa...

Or Mane and Man U...

Both of which were shot down by the club at the earliest opportunity and recently backed up by saying we will be selling no first team players this window.

If he does go it's probably next summer which is what we all expect anyway. Only difference now is that we may see what we can get for him in January.

No worries from me.

Yeah, but, like, Everton.

I can confirm that this story has 110% come from inside the Spurs camp.

Regardless of substance, Spurs have leaked this.

Coming from you, I take this to be gospel.

So shortly after Toby's comments to the press, this appears orchestrated.

SURELY we can do something about this (FA ? EPL ?)

Vic and Mane will still be here on September 1st but it strikes me that some people would prefer them not to be just to justify their entrenched position despite being wrong time and time again.

What a stupid f**king comment.

Everyone on this site wants Saints to have a strong as team as possible.

£20 Million let him go, If he doesn't want to be here then why bother, It's not like the club is showing any form of ambition anyways, We are replacing quality with cheap dross. Sorry to sound negative but that is my opinion. Even analyzing recent matches you look at the body language of Koeman he doesn't look happy / interested.

On the other side of the coin lets continue to get players in who actually want to be a part of the team and to progress. Gotta be realistic players will continue to have their heads turned if big boys come in with triple your wages deal we just cannot compete. If you were a player what would you do stay at Saints and aim for mid table? or go play for a team that will enable you to triple your dosh and have a punt at champ leagues footy get in the real world lads it's a no brainer......

£20 Million let him go, If he doesn't want to be here then why bother, It's not like the club is showing any form of ambition anyways, We are replacing quality with cheap dross. Sorry to sound negative but that is my opinion. Even analyzing recent matches you look at the body language of Koeman he doesn't look happy / interested.

On the other side of the coin lets continue to get players in who actually want to be a part of the team and to progress. Gotta be realistic players will continue to have their heads turned if big boys come in with triple your wages deal we just cannot compete. If you were a player what would you do stay at Saints and aim for mid table? or go play for a team that will enable you to triple your dosh and have a punt at champ leagues footy get in the real world lads it's a no brainer......

Can you tell me what the point is then ? If we just have to accept our place in the food chain and know our place in the scheme of things ?

Vic will probably be sold in the summer as he will be in final year of contract......but don't worry VVD is on his way with Townsend on loan.

No thanks.

Club policy should be to avoid any dealings or dialogue with spurs.

Can you tell me what the point is then ? If we just have to accept our place in the food chain and know our place in the scheme of things ?

Well that could apply to 95% of teams though couldn't it. Outside the top 6 there's a minimal chance of Champs League football and while Cups are always possible only 1 team can win each year.

So what's the point? Love of the game, love of your team rather than the individual players who pass through. The ones who earn our respect will be legends forever while the ones who show it's more about the money or personal glory will fade in the mists of time.

It's about the journey. We have ups, we have downs, players come and players go, but we will always be The Saints and i'll continue supporting and enjoying them no matter who's pulling on those shirts.

RK has just had an operation, and prowling the technical area on crutches might be beyond him. At least for now that is something I'm contenting myself with.

No, I suggest buying better replacements than we have.

Oh so you mean you know more about football players than the club? All those people at the club, with loads of experience in football, are deliberately buying players they believe are crap and not up to the job? I guess the club just randomly pick players off a list and then buy them or something?

Wanyama is good but he can not pass accurately past 20 yards and does need to be surrounded by the "right" players. I can see why he would be unhappy now , his deficiencies are more exposed, and no pro footballer likes that.

The clips below show suggest he can indeed pass accurately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtjN6MyqxtA at 1.15

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuyVYkV4gVw at 0.43

Oh so you mean you know more about football players than the club? All those people at the club, with loads of experience in football, are deliberately buying players they believe are crap and not up to the job? I guess the club just randomly pick players off a list and then buy them or something?

Yeah. I mean they must've looked double hard at Forren, Gaston, Osvaldo etc.

it's only his opinion. Why is yours anymore correct?

Best Close the forum down if it's not acceptable to have an opinion eh?