Wanyama Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015 Edition

brett24

How many games has Clasie played for us so far?

Just part of the Vitesse home game. Thats my point, its a shame we have this crap with Wanyama whilst Clasie is also unavailable.

We have a massive game tomorrow and our midfield lineup will be substantially weaker than last season. Partly through losing Morgan which was unavoidable and mostly through bad luck with injury and 'illness'.

I don't have a problem with Wanyama leaving per se, I would just hate to see him go to Spurs. Once again they do their business in the most underhanded unprofessional way and it seems to be perfectly acceptable. Hope we put our foot down and blankly refuse to do business with them, but worried we will just roll over because we can't justify keeping an unhappy player and passing up the cash. God THFC make me sick.

Just part of the Vitesse home game. Thats my point, its a shame we have this crap with Wanyama whilst Clasie is also unavailable.

We have a massive game tomorrow and our midfield lineup will be substantially weaker than last season. Partly through losing Morgan which was unavoidable and mostly through bad luck with injury and 'illness'.

Last season I thought Wanyama was better than Morgan defensively, not by a huge amount, but Morgan's vision, distribution and general reading of the game was better. Looking at the Watford game though, Vic seemed to be "distracted". Romelu, isn't as physically imposing but from what I have seen so far, I think he reads the game a lot better than Wanyama. So Romelu is fine in my book, but who do you get to replace Vic for tomorrow. Davis? Reed? Go to a back 4 and push Caulker up? I believe he played DM before every now and then.

I don't have a problem with Wanyama leaving per se, I would just hate to see him go to Spurs. Once again they do their business in the most underhanded unprofessional way and it seems to be perfectly acceptable. Hope we put our foot down and blankly refuse to do business with them, but worried we will just roll over because we can't justify keeping an unhappy player and passing up the cash. God THFC make me sick.

I think for our reputation and the positive spin on most things the past year or so, selling him to Spurs, this late in the window and clearly not on our own terms or within our own plan, would be a disaster.

Which is presumably why we won't sell.

He may well have been told to stay at home and clear his head (although not helpful for such an important game) but I don't think we will sell, Reed and Koeman have been adamant about that.

The end of the window can't come soon enough and hopefully things can be settled for a few months (til Jan) after that.

I think for our reputation and the positive spin on most things the past year or so, selling him to Spurs, this late in the window and clearly not on our own terms or within our own plan, would be a disaster.

Which is presumably why we won't sell.

He may well have been told to stay at home and clear his head (although not helpful for such an important game) but I don't think we will sell, Reed and Koeman have been adamant about that.

The end of the window can't come soon enough and hopefully things can be settled for a few months (til Jan) after that.

Or clear his stomach? ;)

So disappointing. I can accept the club has a strategy, but to achieve everything we have up to now and then give up is hard to accept.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Give up? In what way have we given up? We were supposed to have given up last year and had our best ever Premiership finish. I am not suggesting that we will do so again this season but I would be interested in the evidence that we have given up.

Stomach upset, too many bad spuds.

Joking aside, I think we all have a responsibility to be sensitive here. It's a tad concerning that we now seemingly have two squad members suffering from health problems serious enough to warrant hospital attention. In extreme cases, stomach problems referred to hospitals can turn out to be cancer.

Spurs not having a good time:lol:. Moved on from Berahino due to bid being rejected. Either not for sale or not enough. Instalment plan was described as derisory. Now trying for Bayern Munich Korean forward Son, bidding £18m according to Sky. Hardly a big club with loads of money.

UCk him let him go. I've got to the point where I don't give a flying UCk that they want o go. Seriously when I think about when I first started supporting saints in the sixties Paine and davies and McGrath giving their all week in week out I just can't relate saints to this lot now

UCk him let him go. I've got to the point where I don't give a flying UCk that they want o go. Seriously when I think about when I first started supporting saints in the sixties Paine and davies and McGrath giving their all week in week out I just can't relate saints to this lot now

Saint Michael & Billy think the same!

I doubt it. He has 2 years left and is unlikely to re-sign. He's great defensively but he isn't as good as people on here make out. Morgan is miles better than him and went for 25. 16 seems about right in comparison

Which may be true but is definitely why we won't sell him this window. He'll go next year for a bit less than that, but to go for £16m still feels a bit light

It's the same as the headline fee for Chambers so I don't think acceptable.

There are LOTS of players out there with a better all round game than Wanyama who would cost less. There are very few players who are as good at the few things he excels at. As with most things, it's about how you want a team to play and the balance you achieve in doing so. Given the ridiculous turnover of players we have in our defence I would gladly take a £5m+ hit on Wanyama's value to keep him for this season given we really do need a DM with presence and mobility.

I doubt it. He has 2 years left and is unlikely to re-sign. He's great defensively but he isn't as good as people on here make out. Morgan is miles better than him and went for 25. 16 seems about right in comparison

Yes but we don't want to sell, spurs seem desperate and it's the end of the transfer window (making it unlikely we'd get a suitable replacement in the short time left) all this would mean the club would only sell in the event of a stupid offer which 16 million certainaly isn't. At this time in the window Victors ability as a footballer is less important than surrounding circumstances.

Which may be true but is definitely why we won't sell him this window. He'll go next year for a bit less than that, but to go for £16m still feels a bit light

It's the same as the headline fee for Chambers so I don't think acceptable.

We'd be lucky to get back what we paid for him next summer. He isn't good enough to play for the big 4 or 5 so there won't be many clubs in for him. Spurs is the best he could hope for and Levy won't be paying big money for him with only a year left on his contract.

We have no real idea what Spurs are prepared to pay now (only speculation) but I don't think Les and Koeman saying they categorically won't sell him is particularly smart. He's a replaceable player with decent transfer value running down a contract. We should be prepared to sell at the right price, but now if they do they'll get the fans calling them liars and creating a difficult atmosphere when there really shouldn't be. Maybe we'll even see the "Meltdown" headlines again with an 'ITK' poster on here telling us all how awful and evil Les and Kat are. They probably didn't return Vic's phone calls either

We are on the verge of repeating the errors of summer 2003 and the surrounding years of the Lowe run years where a) we missed an opportunity to attract higher quality players post European qualification in2003 and b) spending money on squad fillers and subsequently upping numbers but lowering the overall effective quality of the team.

Earlier in the summer I thought the signings of Juanmi Soares Caulker and Stek were good and then Clasie was positive but because I honestly expected another 3 quality signings each in the 10-15m region. This may of course still happen but we are leaving it right.

Assuming Victor stays I still think we need 3 players, a CB of quality ( this appears to be VVD) an attack minded midfielder and an out and out striker (ideally Austin) to put some real pressure on Pelle.

If VW is ax then we need 4...that's a lot of business to get done in 6 days, two of which are match days and one a bank holiday! I know that doesn't really matter but I think it highlights the pressure I think Les Reed,the club and RK are under right now to make sure this opportunity is not squandered and history repeats itself.

We are on the verge of repeating the errors of summer 2003 and the surrounding years of the Lowe run years where a) we missed an opportunity to attract higher quality players post European qualification in2003 and b) spending money on squad fillers and subsequently upping numbers but lowering the overall effective quality of the team.

Earlier in the summer I thought the signings of Juanmi Soares Caulker and Stek were good and then Clasie was positive but because I honestly expected another 3 quality signings each in the 10-15m region. This may of course still happen but we are leaving it right.

Assuming Victor stays I still think we need 3 players, a CB of quality ( this appears to be VVD) an attack minded midfielder and an out and out striker (ideally Austin) to put some real pressure on Pelle.

If VW is ax then we need 4...that's a lot of business to get done in 6 days, two of which are match days and one a bank holiday! I know that doesn't really matter but I think it highlights the pressure I think Les Reed,the club and RK are under right now to make sure this opportunity is not squandered and history repeats itself.

You don't think that is a lot of players to bed in?

Really? guess that explains why I'm not as upset as some on here I certainly wasn't expect £45 million of players on top of the players we'd already signed.

I'm not itk, but even I can see that isn't going to happen. Van Dijk will almost certainly be our only other signing in this window.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I genuinely think Romeu looks a good signing ... Pound for pound nothing between him and victor on first impressions. Classie, let's see but at the end of the day to have a few caps with Holland he must have something about him and I think 80% of us would have taken a Dutch international signing even 2 years ago. The club have said no one will go and I see another Morgan situation with Victor but at the end of the day if he is being a **** with sickness bugs etc let him go for maximum amount when we are ready albeit jamuary or next year and get another in. No one is bigger than the club .... We have money in the bank and worst case we go were to go down which I can't see then we are sound as a pound financially as per the sustainable model.

Bottom line, victor can **** off if he does not like it....my worry is that the squad does not look together as one, interviews look demoralising.....the question is it a matter of forming relationships or are the deeper problems in the squad as a result of changes.....

We are once again considering the 'yoyo' strategy !

I genuinely think Romeu looks a good signing ... Pound for pound nothing between him and victor on first impressions. Classie, let's see but at the end of the day to have a few caps with Holland he must have something about him and I think 80% of us would have taken a Dutch international signing even 2 years ago. The club have said no one will go and I see another Morgan situation with Victor but at the end of the day if he is being a **** with sickness bugs etc let him go for maximum amount when we are ready albeit jamuary or next year and get another in. No one is bigger than the club .... We have money in the bank and worst case we go were to go down which I can't see then we are sound as a pound financially as per the sustainable model.

Bottom line, victor can **** off if he does not like it....my worry is that the squad does not look together as one, interviews look demoralising.....the question is it a matter of forming relationships or are the deeper problems in the squad as a result of changes.....

Whilst I agree with some of what you say, that old argument of "we would have been happy with that X amount of years ago" is a pretty silly one.

If Big Vic goes it will mean that the Board have over ruled the manager who has repeated no one from the first squad will be sold. If there is such a difference between manager and Board we know who will win , unfortunately. Lert's hope its all gossip and poor journaalism, but doesn't look that way to me.

did think it reminds us of 2003.

Whilst I agree with some of what you say, that old argument of "we would have been happy with that X amount of years ago" is a pretty silly one.

Fair enough but Not on the basis of making sustainable steps, I for one did not expect us to be back where we see so quick and we have to expect a period of not always progressing so fast at some stage...maybe a little patience is now required to steady the ship before we re march on one more and Romeu, Classie, Suarez and Juanmi are certainly small steps in that direction I have no doubt.

You expected us to spend £30m-£45m on 3 players on top of what we've spent?

:lol::lol::lol:

Fair enough but Not on the basis of making sustainable steps, I for one did not expect us to be back where we see so quick and we have to expect a period of not always progressing so fast at some stage...maybe a little patience is now required to steady the ship before we re march on one more and Romeu, Classie, Suarez and Juanmi are certainly small steps in that direction I have no doubt.

I disagree. I don't think we should ever look to consolidate or stand still as it's a recipe for disaster. We should look to improve every year regardless of who we let go.