Wanyama Transfer Rumours - Summer 2015 Edition

brett24

Morgan had more than one year.

My bad.....however to think we could of held onto him is deluded,he will be the only player to leave us in recent years that will be (if not already) world class,couple of big seasons with UTD then the real big boys will come knocking

My bad.....however to think we could of held onto him is deluded,he will be the only player to leave us in recent years that will be (if not already) world class,couple of big seasons with UTD then the real big boys will come knocking

why is it deluded to hold on to a player or two

why couldnt we hold on to lallana, or chambers..?

why is it 'deluded' for saints to hold on to their players yet other sides can

Believe what you want. I know that if I was a fit young sportsman I wouldn't let a bug stop me playing in the biggest game of my Southampton career.

On the other hand having a bug and passing it on to the rest of the team, or having suspected appendicitis (depending on who you are listening to) might stop you.

If a player wants a move it's purely for financial gain,the club needs to take back the power from the player,they have a contract to play football,if they refuse then that contract is broken and wages can be withheld,I'm sure after a few weeks of not getting paid or played then they will come around to the idea of playing again,if not then they can always move on to another club and not play there either as we can hold his registration until the end of his contract.....I really can't understand why clubs find it so difficult to manage greedy stubborn players,as soon as you stand firm,hold your nerve and hold a player to his contract and make an example of a high profile player then the whole of footballs attitude towards worthless contracts will change.

I don't get the Wanyama thing,he left a club that was playing CL football and came to us,we achieved our highest ever league position yet now he wants out to Spurs?? who also can't offer CL football and do not look even remotely close to it either,he is a good player but not top 4 player I would say closer to 5th-8th and thats what we are aiming at ...so what is it down to more money??? no doubt the new contract talks would have seen his wage grow considerably.

The whole lack of ambition thing is surely not even a factor as we are making progress as a club

Are we making progress ? You honestly believe we are aiming for the top end of the table now ?

Maybe he has seen the quality drained out of the club and wants to join a progressive larger club. Saints and Spurs are miles apart in quality

Are we making progress ? You honestly believe we are aiming for the top end of the table now ?

Maybe he has seen the quality drained out of the club and wants to join a progressive larger club. Saints and Spurs are miles apart in quality

They finished 4 points above us, they are a bigger club no doubt and they have a bigger transfer/wage budget than us

Maybe if we had the kitty they did CL would be a possibility,they bought Loldado and Lamela for close to £60m and they have practically written both off them off,we can't compete with that.

I think some people think we are a bigger club than we are and that is probably down to the success we have had in recent years,people saying we have not progressed are nuts,when we have no injuries we have a very strong team,remember we did have Vic,Ryan,Clasie Forster available yesterday,they are all 1st team players who will be available in the coming weeks bar FF

To say we are not moving fwd is even more stupid considering we were in league 1 5 years ago

I still reckon Clasie will play the AM role hence why we have not added there,we have plenty of players for those positions just a pity so many are injured/unfit

JWP

Tadic

Mane

Davis

Clasie

Gaston

All can play in that 10 role

Vic

Reed

Romeu

Davis (again)

Clasie (again)

Can play holding,who else do we need

I still reckon Clasie will play the AM role hence why we have not added there,we have plenty of players for those positions just a pity so many are injured/unfit

JWP

Tadic

Mane

Davis

Clasie

Gaston

All can play in that 10 role

Vic

Reed

Romeu

Davis (again)

Clasie (again)

Can play holding,who else do we need

With due respect the 10 position isn't a link up position it is a goalscoring second striker position. The non scoring Davis and JWP are manifestly unsuitable and only add to our difficulties. I can see that Davis and JWP can, provided they don't play at the same time fill a link role in midfield. Neither tackle well or can score so for me we need to replace them. Of those you listed Gaston or Mane are the most suitable. The jury is out on whether Clasie can play there, the Feyenoord Saints think not. Juanmi might be a better bet.

When David Silva plays it perfectly it isn't a second striker, goalscoring position. If it were then he wouldn't be the best no10 in the Premier League.

What it needs is somebody who can create and is a threat, whether that is by being able to beat a man like Hazard, or scoring from the edge of the box like Sigurdsson or being the attacking fulcrum of the side like Silva.

The problem of playing Mane there is he isn't playing as an attacking midfielder, he is playing as a forward and likes to run in behind (which is good), but he doesn't drop in when needed and basically you end up playing 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.

The best players in that position know when to drop into the midfield and when to push forward.

Edited by Saint Charlie

When David Silva plays it perfectly it isn't a second striker, goalscoring position. If it were then he wouldn't be the best no10 in the Premier League.

What it needs is somebody who can create and is a threat, whether that is by being able to beat a man like Hazard, or scoring from the edge of the box like Sigurdsson or being the attacking fulcrum of the side like Silva.

Or a Sissoko type player - someone with a bit of power and drive. Arguably theyre easier to find than your Hazards and Silvas of this world.

Tell me please how many goals did Silva score last season, nearly as many as our top scorer I think. What we need is goals from midfield. Tadic doesn't, Long a few, Mane the most. Rodriguez is struggling to score. Gaston could possibly do that job as we don't have a Silva, Hazard or Sigurdsson or anyone else and don't appear to be looking for the answer outside. Davis and JWP can't that is a fact.

We are talking about Saints and who can play there from the present squad with their present limitations, so it's Gaston or Juanmi for a few goals or a second striker or god forbid a non scoring Davis or JWP. We need to have at least four players that can score not two as we have proved with that we are struggling to score regularly.

Edited by derry

Wanyama let us down when we needed him, so the **** can **** off as I'm concerned.

I agree but should we allow players to walk all over us? No

If he was ill with a tummy upset he could at least post on Twitter 'good luck boys, sorry I can't be there' or something - but they only post when it suits them like trying to angle a transfer. He should be disgusted with himself - selfish ****

Victor needs to take a leaf out of Morgan's book and get his head down and play to the best of his abilities.

If he puts out good enough performances he will be noticed but equally if he sulks and moans he will be noticed for all the wrong reasons.

Stop crying and get on with it Victor.

You play well - the club gets an offer they can't refuse - you'll be on your way.

Victor needs to take a leaf out of Morgan's book and get his head down and play to the best of his abilities.

If he puts out good enough performances he will be noticed but equally if he sulks and moans he will be noticed for all the wrong reasons.

Stop crying and get on with it Victor.

You play well - the club gets an offer they can't refuse - you'll be on your way.

At a referees meeting when Strachan was in charge he came to talk to us and I asked him for his views on the transfer window. He said that he was in favour because it meant that he had to concentrate on coaching the players. If one of them came to him and said that he thought he was worth more than he was getting then he could be told 'fine, get on with your job and we'll see who comes in for you during the next window'.

Vic apparently 'asked' to be left out of the squad for thursday night

http://www.ghafla.co.ke/news/tv/item/38156-victor-wanyama-s-current-situation-in-southampton

I like this bit

Wanyama is said to be hacked by the departure of key players from the club among them Morgan Schneiderlin and Nathaniel Clyne who left to join Manchester United and Liverpool respectively.

Does that mean he is ****ed off that they got moves to earn even more, and he didn't? IF this is all true, then fine, keep him this year and if he refuses to play, he refuses to play. Problem with Saints now is that it appears that our players have seen a few go when they wanted to, so want to do so themselves.

What I find interesting though, is why so many say they want to go and join Poch rather than stay with RK. Money. Money. Money.

They finished 4 points above us, they are a bigger club no doubt and they have a bigger transfer/wage budget than us

Maybe if we had the kitty they did CL would be a possibility,they bought Loldado and Lamela for close to £60m and they have practically written both off them off,we can't compete with that.

I think some people think we are a bigger club than we are and that is probably down to the success we have had in recent years,people saying we have not progressed are nuts,when we have no injuries we have a very strong team,remember we did have Vic,Ryan,Clasie Forster available yesterday,they are all 1st team players who will be available in the coming weeks bar FF

To say we are not moving fwd is even more stupid considering we were in league 1 5 years ago

We were moving forward . Its plain to see that progress has stopped for this season.

Sky sources have learned Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama has reiterated to Ronald Koeman his desire to play elsewhere.

The Kenyan had first informed the coach and director Lee Reed of his feelings last weekend. We understand the club's been aware of the player's unhappiness at St Mary's for more than a year.

Tottenham remain strongly interested in signing him before deadline day. We're told Wanyama would be open to working again with Mauricio Pochettino.

Sky sources have learned Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama has reiterated to Ronald Koeman his desire to play elsewhere.

The Kenyan had first informed the coach and director Lee Reed of his feelings last weekend. We understand the club's been aware of the player's unhappiness at St Mary's for more than a year.

Tottenham remain strongly interested in signing him before deadline day. We're told Wanyama would be open to working again with Mauricio Pochettino.

says tottenham fan sky sports news reporter...............

Let him go!

If players don't want to stay here then that's fine. FWIW my take on this whole situation, as much as we as love this club and as much as we would all love to be a to six club the truth of the matter is that Southampton FC is a to 8-16 club it will never be any better even with a billionaire owner who doesn't like keeping their billions in their pocket, this is down to the lovin between sky & the top 6 teams.

All of those teams are bigger than us with more fans, money, international recognition & bigger revenue streams, that is why we will always struggle to keep our best players.

As for the "why can't we recruit better players" questions again I refer to my remarks above.

why is it deluded to hold on to a player or two

why couldnt we hold on to lallana, or chambers..?

why is it 'deluded' for saints to hold on to their players yet other sides can

£16m for Chambers! I can't think of many teams who wouldn't have gone for that

£16m for Chambers! I can't think of many teams who wouldn't have gone for that

depends on how much of that £16m is based on what

for all we know, half of it could be a clause that arsenal win the champions league and he scores 3 in the final :D

Let him go!

If players don't want to stay here then that's fine. FWIW my take on this whole situation, as much as we as love this club and as much as we would all love to be a to six club the truth of the matter is that Southampton FC is a to 8-16 club it will never be any better even with a billionaire owner who doesn't like keeping their billions in their pocket, this is down to the lovin between sky & the top 6 teams.

All of those teams are bigger than us with more fans, money, international recognition & bigger revenue streams, that is why we will always struggle to keep our best players.

As for the "why can't we recruit better players" questions again I refer to my remarks above.

Are you mental? We sell him now we won't be able to strengthen and be relegation fodder.

What's wrong with asking to leave?

absolutely nothing, however throwing a strop asking to be left out of the team & allegedly threatening to walk out of the club if the move doesnt happen is a different matter