EU referendum

Wade Garrett

Come on bbc , let's get Ashdown , Clarke , Toynbee, Hestletine and others on .

Lol at Keith Vav , still doesnt get it ,"The people have made a mistake " .

probably hear loads of snidey comments from that lot. With Izzard, Geldof and such like

Nikkei down 8%. Going to be carnage when the FTSE opens.

Remember when major finally decided to get out of the erm? That was supposed to be economic suicide. Actually it was the moment that the uk economy started to recover. And remember the scare stories about the unbelievably dire consequences if we didn't adopt the euro? We managed to survive that, but the greeks and spanish aren't in great shape are they.

From being classed as a racist, a joke and an insignificant along with his party, Farage has done it and he is not even an MP.....yet

I couldn't name a single policy Farage has, apart from leaving the EU. I'm not sure he even has any?

Considering he's got that now, I'm not sure what he'll use to get any votes any more.

I couldn't name a single policy Farage has, apart from leaving the EU. I'm not sure he even has any?

Considering he's got that now, I'm not sure what he'll use to get any votes any more.

UKIP have even more sway now, to hold the government to account in any exit negotiations etc. His party have all but brought us this referendum, they have a little while to go yet

Remember when major finally decided to get out of the erm? That was supposed to be economic suicide. Actually it was the moment that the uk economy started to recover. And remember the scare stories about the unbelievably dire consequences if we didn't adopt the euro? We managed to survive that, but the greeks and spanish aren't in great shape are they.

This is 2016 - the global economy is slowing. Excessive government and consumer debt; a tottering China, excess capacity and deflation; weak productivity growth and a lack of investment; and rapidly ageing demographics are just some of the headwinds. This is an unnecessary and damaging shock and is the last thing that the UK and the global economy need at this moment in time.

Edited by shurlock

God these leavers are bad losers.

They also don't understand the difference between a referendum and an election . They also seem to think we're too thick to make our mind up on EU matters , all this its a proxy ect ect . Love watching Lucas & Thornbury nearly crying , but as Dimble said when they started making pathetic excuses " the people just don't want to be in the EU'

This is 2016 - the global economy is slowing. Excessive government and consumer debt; a tottering China, excess capacity and deflation; weak productivity growth and a lack of investment; and rapidly ageing demographics are just some of the headwinds. This is an unnecessary and damaging shock and is the last thing that the UK and the global economy need at this moment in time.

The global economy was slowing when blair tried to drag us into the eurozone so he could sit at the big table. I'm quite glad that brown managed to keep us out of it.

The global economy was slowing when blair tried to drag us into the eurozone so he could sit at the big table. I'm quite glad that brown managed to keep us out of it.

The global economy was nowhere near as fragile as it is today.

At least CB Fry called it, not like you soppy Brexit sods too scared to.

Personally gutted but will be a fascinating period in our history so let's get on with it.

you stuck to your guns when wet fannies like me faltered.

good call.

going to be pretty fascinating as you say. Only a matter of time before Farage is in the Commons, surely?

The global economy was nowhere near as fragile as it is today.

We could argue this all day, but we aren't a big enough economy to overwhelm the global economy. Black Wednesday was a turning point for the uk, we coped then and we'll cope now.

I guess we are about to enter one of the most turbulent periods of our history. Scotland will leave the union, eventually, and we will be entirely dependent upon politicians and civil servants negotiating our future from a weakened position, which doesn't fill me with hope when considering their track record.

you stuck to your guns when wet fannies like me faltered.

good call.

going to be pretty fascinating as you say. Only a matter of time before Farage is in the Commons, surely?

I think there's going to have to be a general election, do you think so.

At least CB Fry called it, not like you soppy Brexit sods too scared to.

Personally gutted but will be a fascinating period in our history so let's get on with it.

Respect and you should start taking up this betting lark. Money to be made.