Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

It's worrying...all the best candidates are getting other jobs...Monk, Coyle, Pearson, Di Matteo....

;-)

Let's stall until David Moyes has something new and Steve Bruce commits to Hull, just for the sake of safety. I would include Tim Sherwood but I doubt any PL club will give him another shot for a long time.

I did say that during les's koeman interview that he seemed more edgy than his normal calm persona. Most assumed his comment about three managers buying into saints system seemed to be a dig at pardew, but my thoughts were of the time last year when Ron openly criticized the quality of our development squad and that's a direct pop at all les has been working towards since he. And to saints. I don't think we'd ever see 50% home grown players under koeman and, despite how unrealistic this dream might be in the upper reaches of the premier league, I think it's something that's important to Southampton FC. I think that buy/develop success might be the reason saints might be thinking of letting him move and showing him in what might be a more different light to the one most fans see? Just an opinion!

I did say that during les's koeman interview that he seemed more edgy than his normal calm persona. Most assumed his comment about three managers buying into saints system seemed to be a dig at pardew, but my thoughts were of the time last year when Ron openly criticized the quality of our development squad and that's a direct pop at all les has been working towards since he. And to saints. I don't think we'd ever see 50% home grown players under koeman and, despite how unrealistic this dream might be in the upper reaches of the premier league, I think it's something that's important to Southampton FC. I think that buy/develop success might be the reason saints might be thinking of letting him move and showing him in what might be a more different light to the one most fans see? Just an opinion!

I think if the board were unhappy with him, or unsure they wouldn't be so keen to get him to sign a new contract, and look towards replacements next year.

Is it me or is it whenever a nice article about us comes out like the telegraph one yesterday within 24/48 hours it's all blown to s**t by another development like Toby last summer Pochettino the summer before, it's always around this date as well......:wave::thumbdown:

Thanks for that helpful, patronising advice, but I won't be doing that. Great if you can.

Surely this is what happens when you support something? You care about it, worry about things happening to it that would be detrimental, even if you have no influence on it.

No worries. You tie yourself up in a knotted ball of angst and dread then, in off for a run. Chin chin old boy, toddle pip.

If Ron asks to leave and goes to Everton, it shows him to be a liar and have no integrity.

It means mine and many peoples impression of him has been completely wrong and in that case, good riddance, there are other managers out there who would love a chance with our team and our current position. We have proven to be a great stepping stone for managers and players alike.

--------

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/10280591/southampton-boss-ronald-koeman-says-hes-staying-at-southampton

He said: "I am manager of Southampton, everyone knows I have one more year of my contract. I got asked the same question last week. We will sit together and analyse this season and talk about the future. That's what the news is."

Asked if he would be staying, Koeman stated: "Yes."

Is it me or is it whenever a nice article about us comes out like the telegraph one yesterday within 24/48 hours it's all blown to s**t by another development like Toby last summer Pochettino the summer before, it's always around this date as well......:wave::thumbdown:

I don't think it's coincidence!

Instead of me reading through a few pages, can someone please explain why there is a mini meltdown taking place?

Apparently reliable Dutch Journalist Tim de Wit said Koeman and his Agent were travelling to Liverpool today for talks with Everton and he expected him to join Everton.

Instead of me reading through a few pages, can someone please explain why there is a mini meltdown taking place?

Because Koeman has rejected our contract, his agent is en-route to Everton to discuss terms with them. Wanyama is leaving, so is Mane, the VVD and JWP contracts mean nothing as they have release clauses in them, St Mary's is going to be swept into the sea and I've run out of biscuits.

Dubious ITK quote about Rons agent on way to Everton ground today. Few twitter news reports that contract talks stalled and Ron asked to leave. Odds reflecting this news and punters diving in to back Koeman as next Everton manager.

Reports in Dutch press on Ron's agent going to Liverpool and odds on Everton move plummeted.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Because Koeman has rejected our contract, his agent is en-route to Everton to discuss terms with them. Wanyama is leaving, so is Mane, the VVD and JWP contracts mean nothing as they have release clauses in them, St Mary's is going to be swept into the sea and I've run out of biscuits.

You forgot Koeman was ****ed off that Will Britt got released.

That is a ****er. Someone get the man some hobn0bs

I have five questions to ask. And five facts to present.

Questions

1 - How comes there are no quotes from Koeman's agent (Rob Janssen of Wasserman) if he's supposedly been giving interviews today?

2 - Koeman is massive in Holland. Why is just one person over there claiming that he's on his way, yet no one else is covering it?

3 - Story was only briefly in today's Mirror. Still no other coverage elsewhere at the moment. All very quiet here and in Holland. Why?

4 - Doesn't seem to be in-keeping in the slightest with recent statements from Les Reed and yesterday's piece in the Telegraph. Why has this come out?

5 - Why are people placing such importance on betting? If we all chuck £10 on Mancini, guess what? He'll edge in as a favourite?

Facts

A - Koeman only flew back from his holiday in Saint Barthélemy on Tuesday evening. It takes at least 13hrs to get back to the UK.

B - Koeman and Saints directors had talks before his holiday. His agents, and lawyers, then commenced contract negotiations with Saints.

C - Koeman is currently represented by Wasserman, and Rob Janssen is one of the leading agents working within Wasserman.

D - A formal contract offer was made to Wasserman/Koeman, from Saints, on Friday afternoon. It's only been three working days since.

E - Contract negotiations will drag, as paperwork goes back & forth countless times with alterations to wording, details, numbers.

Summary

It's way too early to be fretting over this. People saying 'reports in the Dutch press' and the like are just fuelling it and giving it more legs. One guy over there has said it - as I said, feels odd considering it's Koeman - and no one over here (Merseyside or south coast based) is saying anything.

Let's wait and see...

Questions

1 - How comes there are no quotes from Koeman's agent (Rob Janssen of Wasserman) if he's supposedly been giving interviews today?

2 - Koeman is massive in Holland. Why is just one person over there claiming that he's on his way, yet no one else is covering it?

3 - Story was only briefly in today's Mirror. Still no other coverage elsewhere at the moment. All very quiet here and in Holland. Why?

4 - Doesn't seem to be in-keeping in the slightest with recent statements from Les Reed and yesterday's piece in the Telegraph. Why has this come out?

5 - Why are people placing such importance on betting? If we all chuck £10 on Mancini, guess what? He'll edge in as a favourite?

Facts

A - Koeman only flew back from his holiday in Saint Barthélemy on Tuesday evening. It takes at least 13hrs to get back to the UK.

B - Koeman and Saints directors had talks before his holiday. His agents, and lawyers, then commenced contract negotiations with Saints.

C - Koeman is currently represented by Wasserman, and Rob Janssen is one of the leading agents working within Wasserman.

D - A formal contract offer was made to Wasserman/Koeman, from Saints, on Friday afternoon. It's only been three working days since.

E - Contract negotiations will drag, as paperwork goes back & forth countless times with alterations to wording, details, numbers.

Summary

It's way too early to be fretting over this. People saying 'reports in the Dutch press' and the like are just fuelling it and giving it more legs. One guy over there has said it - as I said, feels odd considering it's Koeman - and no one over here (Merseyside or south coast based) is saying anything.

Let's wait and see...

Good post but sadly it wont stop the mini meltdown on here....with Charlie boy all over it and in his element

Questions

Facts

Summary

Let's wait and see...

You've just copied that wholesale off Connor Armstrong on Twitter you ****ing fraud!

Apparently reliable Dutch Journalist Tim de Wit said Koeman and his Agent were travelling to Liverpool today for talks with Everton and he expected him to join Everton.

OK, so one journalist. Fair enough. Be strange for him to discuss terms prior to the club saying they can. Also, Koeman is taking over at Arsenal once Winger goes isn't he?

Personally I think this is probably Everton making Emery make a decision.

If true though, I'm sure we will bring someone else good in. To be fair Koeman was a very average manager before he joined us.

Worth noting Koemans agent 'Rob Jansen' also represents loads of other players and possibly managers including Daly Blind, Dennis Bergkamp, Wim Jonk, Edwin van der Sar, Philip Cocu, Patrick Kluivert, Dirk Kuyt, Ibrahim Affellay, Stijn Schaars, Maarten Stekelenburg amongst others. (At least according to the validity of the website I found)

All i'm saying is just because the agent is going there is no panic. If Koeman himself was on his way there then I would be getting more worried.s

Edited by Mallagroth
Jansen spelling... Unbelievable Jeff

**** everything else, we need to get your biscuits sorted.

Worth noting Koemans agent Rob Janssen also represents loads of other players and possibly managers including Daly Blind, Dennis Bergkamp, Wim Jonk, Edwin van der Sar, Philip Cocu, Patrick Kluivert, Dirk Kuyt, Ibrahim Affellay, Stijn Schaars, Maarten Stekelenburg amongst others.

All im saying is just because the agent is going there is no panic. If Koeman himself was on his way there then I would be getting more worried.

Anyone notice the original Twitter message spelt his name incorrectly as well (Janssen). Surprised as usually journalists are spot on with this kind of thing.

This is believable and hopefully true.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Hasn't Emery come and said why would he give up champions league for Everton? If Everton are throwing money around why don't they go for Van Gaal, he'd love it there.