Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

He shouldn't need convincing that Everton isn't a step up from Saints IMO.

Also Reed shouldn't have released that interview until it was all sorted with Koeman.

If Koeman does go Reed will look like he has been played again, like Pochettino did to him.

Huh?

The Liverpool Echo is saying that Everton will have to convince him to come to them.

That implies the opposite, to my mind.

Huh?

The Liverpool Echo is saying that Everton will have to convince him to come to them.

That implies the opposite, to my mind.

He shouldn't need convincing of anything. He should know that its not a step up. Unless we have told him things he didn't want to hear and is looking for an out.

They obviously want him and he must have given them some sort of encouragement so far.

If he leaves us for Everton what does that say about our ambition relative to theirs? Its not Arsenal or Barcelona. Its Everton.

Radio reporting we've offered £2.5m a year and Everton have offered £6m!

I'm always interested to know how radio stations, reporters, journalists and the like know the intimate details of someone's contract offer. I have brought up the 2.5 v 6 bit but expanded to add the word "supposed".

He shouldn't need convincing of anything. He should know that its not a step up. Unless we have told him things he didn't want to hear and is looking for an out.

They obviously want him and he must have given them some sort of encouragement so far.

If he leaves us for Everton what does that say about our ambition relative to theirs? Its not Arsenal or Barcelona. Its Everton.

Maybe for him/his agent to negotiate himself a better contract?

The only thing that's happened is a Dutch Twit(terer) has tweeted his agent is on his way to Merseyside (what no telephones?) and he could't even spell his name right.

Full scale panic on here. This place is unbelievable.

As for the Toby comparisons and slating Les. We had a legal agreement with AM and the player wanted to join. The player then got offered more and did't want to join. How he F u c k is that Les' fault?

There is only so many times you can keep getting new people in though and keep improving.

Plus there is the impact on players, some of whom signed new contracts presumably with Koeman as their Manager next season. Also players like Davis and Fonte who commented how frustrating it was when MP left. Will some of them start doubting the club again?

The likes of VVD, Bertrand, Forster, Long who signed for Koeman might be disillusioned.

Backroom staff disruption too.

Lots of unecessary change IMO and saying we will just keep improving is an easy soundbite. Eventually it will go the other way.

Bigger question for me is that it is Everton. What did Reed and cringe Krueger say to Koeman which made him feel Everton are a good step for him. Arsenal yes, Barcelona yes but we would be gutted if Van Dijk or Bertrand left us for Everton.

Time Out!

Change happens, fact. All this BS about upsetting professionals on contracts blah blah bleet bleet... they can grow some too if it it even comes remotely close to the truth.

The only thing that's happened is a Dutch Twit(terer) has tweeted his agent is on his way to Merseyside (what no telephones?) and he could't even spell his name right.

Full scale panic on here. This place is unbelievable.

As for the Toby comparisons and slating Les. We had a legal agreement with AM and the player wanted to join. The player then got offered more and did't want to join. How he F u c k is that Les' fault?

This.

@bigadamsport: Things between @RonaldKoeman & #saintsfc would have to turned sour very quickly for him to consider Everton & giving up Europa Lge for another season of flux, despite Everton's ambition. Not a career move for Koeman IMO. And would be really go back on his word? ...

All makes sense without factoring in money.

I think it's interesting that nothing has been added to his Twitter since the end of the season. Not often he does not post anything ... I got to say I think it's over and saints have known it for a while. Koeman needs a "Rocket" shoved up his Arse if true ... Everton are duck all

Yes how dare he ignore his social media profile while on holiday with his family. What a bastard.

@bigadamsport: Things between @RonaldKoeman & #saintsfc would have to turned sour very quickly for him to consider Everton & giving up Europa Lge for another season of flux, despite Everton's ambition. Not a career move for Koeman IMO. And would be really go back on his word? ...

All makes sense without factoring in money.

A bit of a fudge statement.

Guys, we all know Alpine is the real smartie. we are genuinely run like a b&b...

I think we should all just Tuc ourselves away from the internet for a while.

I'm running away to the Ritz.

All this speculation is driving me crackers

Just cant see why he would leave.

Everton are a great club with huge potential. But so are we

they are the bigger club but what does that mean so much these days?

should he leave for Everton (which I dont think he will)

I hope he gets boo'd by everyone at SMS and fail miserably

On SSN now - Marcel van der Kraan who broke story in Holland "Everton have come in for him all guns blazing with significant transfer funds"

To be fair it does sound a non story, it sounds like it's more Everton than Koeman driven but money talks I guess.

Just a load of Waffle as far as I can see.

Loads of rumour about Poch going to Man Utd and spurs sign him up within days and announce it....similar with Koeman to everton but this time it drags out for days with saints seemingly doing nothing.....i can see how this will end.....i said earlier that video from leslie is embarrassing.....just gets worse

On SSN now - Marcel van der Kraan who broke story in Holland "Everton have come in for him all guns blazing with significant transfer funds"

To be fair it does sound a non story, it sounds like it's more Everton than Koeman driven but money talks I guess.

Isn't he usually well connected? He said if had to put money on it then it looks like Koeman could be heading north.

Loads of rumour about Poch going to Man Utd and spurs sign him up within days and announce it....similar with Koeman to everton but this time it drags out for days with saints seemingly doing nothing.....i can see how this will end.....i said earlier that video from leslie is embarrassing.....just gets worse

Oh yes. Terribly embarrassing wasn't it. What a shambles the club is in. Whatever shall we do.

Some of there quotes on Everton forum:

"All the Southampton fans are having a meltdown and many of our fans aren't that impressed, it just shows you, it's all about levels, they're a nothing club"

"So they should be...they are still Southampton...small town near Portsmouth"

"On the plus side, if it is Koeman maybe he will poach Tadic, Mane, Van Dijk and Forster"

"Still Southampton though. Typically a yoyo club."

I have never read so much arrogant & deluded tripe on any other fans forum - even Pompey online.

Since when where Everton a football powerhouse?

Isn't that pretty much the same story that has being doing the rounds for the last week? There where reports when this all started that Everton would offer him big wages and a big transfer kitty when this story first broke and Koeman said he wasn't interested then. If that is all there is to this new round of stories I fail to see what's changed.

Just a load of Waffle as far as I can see.

I just watched that on SSN and it sounded like that Dutch reporter was trying to twist things. Talking about what he thinks will happen with no credible sources. Hope he's shown up for being utterly wrong and clueless. I just hope that Ronald signs this new deal quickly so all this can be put to bed.

@Elko_B: Dutch football magazine VI are now reporting Ronald Koeman is close to a move to Everton as well. Dutch media are certain it's a done deal

Personally will see what Alex Crook or his lackeys put in the Star tonight and then expect the opposite to happen.

Just cant see why he would leave.

Everton are a great club with huge potential. But so are we

they are the bigger club but what does that mean so much these days?

should he leave for Everton (which I dont think he will)

I hope he gets boo'd by everyone at SMS and fail miserably

Think about the Bounty he will be given to build a new team.

"All the Southampton fans are having a meltdown and many of our fans aren't that impressed, it just shows you, it's all about levels, they're a nothing club"

"On the plus side, if it is Koeman maybe he will poach Tadic, Mane, Van Dijk and Forster"

I have never read so much arrogant & deluded tripe on any other fans forum - even Pompey online.

To be fair there are plenty of similar people on this forum. And any other internet forum you'd care to peruse.

Football fans - the English ones anyway - are all a bit daft that way.

They are traditionally a big club, but that means less and less these days. Could they get back to that? Sure.

But it won't be under Koeman, no matter what happens in the next few days.

Why would RK want to go to an has been club that has no future at run down Goodison park, with little hope of a new ground and as far as i can see it would be a backward step in reguards to c.v.

It would also see the harmony at the top not seeing eye to eye and sadly the whole structure of the club being affected once more ,and of course our key players would once again be at the center of a fire sell and show a certain lack of ambition, but i think a big part of this could be Europa football ,this alone might be enough to sway his decision as to where his future may lie..........for what its worth i think it will be at Arsenal next season,not at Everton and just this last one with us.

@Elko_B: Dutch football magazine VI are now reporting Ronald Koeman is close to a move to Everton as well. Dutch media are certain it's a done deal

'Dutch media are certain' - one person has tweeted it, his own employer hasn't turned it into an article, as far as I can see nobody is providing any fresh information other than regurgitating the details of that tweet from De Wit. Meanwhile, the Liverpool Echo are saying that tweet's claims are 'wide of the mark'.

Go figure...

In my lifetime they have won one trophy. And zero in the last 20 years! They are a club going backwards with very bitter fans.