Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

It's someone running a live feed, so people keep checking back, giving them more clicks and more £££.

Recent 'updates' include...

"According to this Dutch journalist, he is set to sign with Everton..."

and

"According to Wikipedia"

Nothing more from the LE itself.

Utter trash.

Has someone mis-interpreted the Dutch story?

A few pages back it was about his agent going to Liverpool.

Now it seems to have morphed into Koeman travelling up there.

?????

Are... are you saying that this Janssen fellow has... has morphed into Ronald? Like some kind of David Icke reptilian overlord? Is this the start of the end times?

Holy ****! Hoard the biscuits, collect your Tony Bennet records and run to the hills! Run foooorr you're liiiiiiives!

Nope, it's a load of filler.

Para one: representatives of Koeman said to be speaking to Everton (according to other sources - so presumably De Wit)

Para two: summary of Koeman with Saints so far in his two seasons

Para three: dramatic spiel about Everton not giving up on Koeman

Para four: summary of Koeman's managerial career

Ronald Koeman represents a move from Southampton to Everton. The manager there is the main candidate to succeed the sacked Roberto Martínez.

Koeman made the last two seasons impression in the Premier League, although by the departure of many supporting players to finish sixth and seventh respectively. Southampton wanted to mid 2017 ongoing contract like breaking open a born Zaandammerplein and seemed largely been with the trainer agreement on a new contract.

When the big clubs in England are the seats occupied for next season, but Everton kept the sleeve pulling the 53-year-old coach. The Toffees had a dramatic season with a colorless eleventh result and therefore goodbye to Martinez.

Koeman worked in the Netherlands at Vitesse, Ajax, AZ, Feyenoord and PSV. Abroad, he coached Barcelona B, Valencia and Benfica. He was also assistant national coach Guus Hiddink at Orange.

Surely a manager can't leave with a year on his contract?

Or are player/manager contracts different?

Surely even if Everton/Koeman try and buy out the one year, we can refuse?

Meh, I'm not panicking... Yet...

Bookies rarely get it wrong (Leicester aside) ... A bit worrying!

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/football/football-specials/everton/next-permanent-manager

I'm starting to think when Les says its in hand he knows it's over and is just starting negotiations in effect.

If this is true we move on ...

So true. What do people make of Felix Magath's tenure so far? A bit of an improvement on the Paul Hart era, eh?!

Will this move from pink wafer to choccy hob nobs put more of less pressure on Zlatan? Cmon ITK, spill em.

Actually, with the moon in Aquarius and the sun moving into Jupiter this week there's a strong chance that it might cause a crumb to lodge in his manly goatee which could very well tip the balance. Clearly having pink crumbs on his face would not fit the Zlatan image therefore he would windmill his arms greatly to get the crumbs off this playing into the hands of a cunning Les Reed who is ready to wedge a pen between his fingers and hold a contract in just the right place.

You should feel when it happens since Zlatan windmilling his arms like that would slow the earths rotation.

Ronald Koeman represents a move from Southampton to Everton. The manager there is the main candidate to succeed the sacked Roberto Martínez.

Koeman made the last two seasons impression in the Premier League, although by the departure of many supporting players to finish sixth and seventh respectively. Southampton wanted to mid 2017 ongoing contract like breaking open a born Zaandammerplein and seemed largely been with the trainer agreement on a new contract.

When the big clubs in England are the seats occupied for next season, but Everton kept the sleeve pulling the 53-year-old coach. The Toffees had a dramatic season with a colorless eleventh result and therefore goodbye to Martinez.

Koeman worked in the Netherlands at Vitesse, Ajax, AZ, Feyenoord and PSV. Abroad, he coached Barcelona B, Valencia and Benfica. He was also assistant national coach Guus Hiddink at Orange.

I love Google translate ?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Nope, it's a load of filler.

Para one: representatives of Koeman said to be speaking to Everton (according to other sources - so presumably De Wit)

Para two: summary of Koeman with Saints so far in his two seasons

Para three: dramatic spiel about Everton not giving up on Koeman

Para four: summary of Koeman's managerial career

What are your sources saying strongarm?

According to the Liverpool echo report, Evertons new manager will be given £100m to spend, prospects of a new stadium and (for Ronald) a £500k increase in his salary

500k increase? But someone on here said it'll be a £3.5m increase?

I'm not worried. 1) Koeman said he has a year left on his contract, and will honour it, he appears to be an honourable bloke.

But it if the worst should happen...

2) IF he leaves for the money splashing of Everton, he's proved he's not honourable and we can do without people like that.

3) If he goes to Everton, he'll probably lose all their best players anyway like that summer he joined us, end up signing others, which is hit or miss. (Was a hit for us, but there are only so many Pellé's Mané's, Toby's, Tadic's, Forster's, Long's and Bertrand's in the world.)

4) We've been saying for a while that it's only a matter of time before Holland or Barcelona come in for him anyway. Let Everton have a short term manager.

5) There are plenty of top managers out there for us to replace him with.

But 2-5 are irrelevant because of 1. I'd love to see Koeman staying and I'm hopeful he will, but even if he doesn't, surprise though it'd be, I won't lose sleep so long as he's replaced correctly and efficiently.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ronald-koeman-blasts-manchester-united-8073117

If he's off to Everton the hypocrisy is crazy.

Sunday Mirror Sport understands that the Dutchman (Les Reed) was given at least three separate assurances by United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward (Koeman) that he would complete his three-year contract when he (Les Reed) challenged the club (Koeman) over constant speculation that Mourinho (The Everton job) was being lined up

Edited by Saint IQ

If he does go then he will be as mercenary as MP. This constant "I have a year left on my contract" stuff clearly means nothing. However, there are some very credible candidates on the market at the moment so who knows. We may get Pellegrini. It's a risk going to Everton where all of a sudden the expectations have shot up. Could easily backfire. I am hoping that RK is more honorable than we are implying here. OR maybe Saints ambitions are not as high as we would like them to be.

Bookies rarely get it wrong (Leicester aside) ... A bit worrying!

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/football/football-specials/everton/next-permanent-manager

I'm starting to think when Les says its in hand he knows it's over and is just starting negotiations in effect.

If this is true we move on ...

Alan Stubbs 14/1 - short considering he joined Rotherham today.

Wondered why suddenly 150 more posts here. FFS

I think I might be ok with him going if it's a case that he sat down with the club and they couldn't agree on what each other wanted to do next season.

But all of this is just speculation so far. Worry about it if he's pictured at Everton holding one of their shirts and then sit back and watch what Saints do about replacing him - because, make no mistake, the club WILL have a contingency plan in place.

Surely he can afford to stay one more season.He banged on and on about getting into Europe so why leave at the first sign of interest from another club.One more successful season with us and he can have the pick of many top clubs much bigger than Everton.He wont go there surely.

Outside of the Europa League spots and we attracted a manager of Koeman's calibre. With European football, some of the very best managers in the world would be knocking on our door. If he does go, we'll get someone in that's better and the club will continue to grow. If Koeman doesn't want to be a part of that then it is his loss, not ours. I hope Koeman stays but the future is bright whatever happens.

If RK leaves because he's going to get a chance to fulfil greater ambitions, that surely says more about SFC than him and you couldn't hold it against him. Of course, Maybe Les is actually happy to let him go, which according to something someone else posted, might be the case anyway.

Either way, things will play out the way they are meant to, and hopefully if we do have a meltdown, it ends with us being in a better position again come the end of next season!

I am really enjoying this thread. Genuinely liking it. I find myself smiling a lot.

And with my mindfulness hat on, I'll simply invite you all to stay in the reality of the present moment.