Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

How's the Mirror supposed to convince us of where he's going if they don't even know where he's been...

Deep man. Like, you know, physically he was, like there, but metaphorically he is going somewhere. Woah.... Mind blown.

My thinking - if he wants £6m, then he should go to Everton and I hope that Saints do not try and match it. That's £115k a week. If those are the figures and we do match it, then to me, that is yet another nail in the football coffin. I am finding the whole thing utterly ridiculous. Players wages of £300k. Now in some parallel world where sanity was still in existence, if you took some kid out of Toxteth and said to him that his max wage playing football (where no qualifications were necessary) was going to be £10k a week, I'm not sure too many would say that they couldn't be bothered to get out of bed for that. £500k a year isn't a bad wage. Transfer fees in the £50-70m region. The whole thing is completely mad. Sky and BT constantly putting their prices up. Hopefully this is a South Sea Bubble.

FYI if I post a link to a newspaper article it means they are saying it, not me.

I just click copy and paste on the link.

HTH

Is it just me, or do others think that people who feel the need to end their posts with "HTH" suffer from passive aggressive tendencies?

I think the stumbling blocks will be that Ron will want a Holland International Manager release clause and everyone but Wanyama has to stay no matter the cost.

Ron will not abandon his final contracted year with us unless Les tells him to do one.

Whilst I generally have complete faith in the board, especially with new signings etc. They do have a habit of embarrassing themselves in public negotiations when other prem clubs are involved although normally its Spurs. None sticks more in my mind than the whole Alderwiereld situation. 'We will 100% get our man we are legally entitled... Oh **** he has gone to spurs, we ****ed up a contract clause, we will ahve our revenge on the parent club... oh no we can't actually... nevermind.' Overly simplifying what really happened but I fear that the club is always a little too quick to put out statements in public 'We got this lads, don't you worry, he aint going anywhere.' - Only to then look like mugs because they actually don't have it in the bag and it backfires in their face.

Koeman was in St Barths. Of course the most recent De Telegraaf story (they are usually quite well connected) could be a way for Koeman to pressurise Saints into a better deal. Especially as he recently changed Agent.

Telegraaf useally well connected? They are the Dutch equivalent of the Mail and tend to make up their stories. NOS or Nu.nl on the other hand are reliable sources.

I think the stumbling blocks will be that Ron will want a Holland International Manager release clause and everyone but Wanyama has to stay no matter the cost.

Ron will not abandon his final contracted year with us unless Les tells him to do one.

Whilst I generally have complete faith in the board, especially with new signings etc. They do have a habit of embarrassing themselves in public negotiations when other prem clubs are involved although normally its Spurs. None sticks more in my mind than the whole Alderwiereld situation. 'We will 100% get our man we are legally entitled... Oh **** he has gone to spurs, we ****ed up a contract clause, we will ahve our revenge on the parent club... oh no we can't actually... nevermind.' Overly simplifying what really happened but I fear that the club is always a little too quick to put out statements in public 'We got this lads, don't you worry, he aint going anywhere.' - Only to then look like mugs because they actually don't have it in the bag and it backfires in their face.

I agree whole heartedly - but i hope i am wrong

This, unfortunately.

Lets hope not. Otherwise the "we were so relaxed we didn't even bother having a maeeting about the Koeman to Everton talk" thing will look absurd.

FWIW I don't think he will leave this summer. But I do think we will do well to get him to sign a new deal. Everything is in his interests to be a free agent next summer and see what jobs are available.

The next 10 days will be key as Everton will want a Manager sorted and if RK doesn't sign a new deal with us soon following talks taking place then will he ever?

So now the Everton forum think that Koeman turned them down and reports appeared about him signing a new contract with us to get more money out of them and is now panicking because they've turned to Emery....

Then they're gloating that this genius scheme of his has backfired on him...

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but they actually rival Pompey in the delusional stakes.

Lets hope not. Otherwise the "we were so relaxed we didn't even bother having a maeeting about the Koeman to Everton talk" thing will look absurd.

FWIW I don't think he will leave this summer. But I do think we will do well to get him to sign a new deal. Everything is in his interests to be a free agent next summer and see what jobs are available.

The next 10 days will be key as Everton will want a Manager sorted and if RK doesn't sign a new deal with us soon following talks taking place then will he ever?

Everton would need to ask permission to speak to a manager who is under contract.

That is also why we are relaxed...

Everton would need to ask permission to speak to a manager who is under contract.

That is also why we are relaxed...

Like Spurs did with Pochettino?

Not sure it makes much of a difference really. Informal talks happen all the time.

If Koeman decided he wanted to join Everton then I'm sure he would end up there.

He probably won't. But he could. Just like Pochettino resigned to join Spurs.

Bet on Pellegrini 14/1 De Boer 12/1 and Emery 4/1, he's not going to go to Everton. He wants a bigger next step than that.

Arsenal, Barcelona or Holland will be his next job.

Was so close to backing Austin to come to us last summer at 16/1 then he went odds on to go to Newcastle or something and I decided not to, these odds are simply fabricated from news stories and people having a punt, even smallish bets change the odds.

Bet on Pellegrini 14/1 De Boer 12/1 and Emery 4/1, he's not going to go to Everton. He wants a bigger next step than that.

Arsenal, Barcelona or Holland will be his next job.

Was so close to backing Austin to come to us last summer at 16/1 then he went odds on to go to Newcastle or something and I decided not to, these odds are simply fabricated from news stories and people having a punt, even smallish bets change the odds.

On the flip side I remember looking at odds of players joining us and out of the blue Austin went from something like 6/1 to 4/9 within the space of an hour and then we announced him. So you can't dismiss changes in the odds when it starts dropping like a stone. I won't worry though until he goes massively odds on.

On the flip side I remember looking at odds of players joining us and out of the blue Austin went from something like 6/1 to 4/9 within the space of an hour and then we announced him. So you can't dismiss changes in the odds when it starts dropping like a stone. I won't worry though until he goes massively odds on.

He's 1/4 on on Uni bet and 888sport :scared:

He's 1/4 on on Uni bet and 888sport :scared:

Some money going on him. Down to 7/5 on Skybet too. Either an ITK or more likely following a rumour or press story and more and more jumping in as the odds drop.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/timdewit

This guy reporting Koeman's agent is on his way to Liverpool as we speak.

Odds dropping every minute on most betting sites.

At what do we start panicking/does Les drag himself out of his comfy chair for a meeting?

We don't. We get on with our live and don't worry about something we can have no possible influence on. Let is run out how it will, get on with your day and enjoy your life.

Like i said earlier if it's happening its because Les has decided to let Koeman go.

My gut feeling is that it may be worth trying to work out which other managers Rob Jansen represents and that might be worth a flutter whilst odds tumble towards Koeman.

Edit: I also wouldn't be surprised if its actually De Boers agent and 'the leaking party' hasn't twigged that Ron changed agents about two weeks ago.

Edited by Mallagroth

We don't. We get on with our live and don't worry about something we can have no possible influence on. Let is run out how it will, get on with your day and enjoy your life.

Thanks for that helpful, patronising advice, but I won't be doing that. Great if you can.

Surely this is what happens when you support something? You care about it, worry about things happening to it that would be detrimental, even if you have no influence on it.

Like i said earlier if it's happening its because Les has decided to let Koeman go.

My gut feeling is that it may be worth trying to work out which other managers Rob Jansen represents and that might be worth a flutter whilst odds tumble towards Koeman.

Edit: I also wouldn't be surprised if its actually De Boers agent and 'the leaking party' hasn't twigged that Ron changed agents about two weeks ago.

Koeman swapped Guido Albers for Rob Janssen of Wasserman agency in the past month or so.

Did they used to have the same agent?

Did they used to have the same agent?

Koeman and De Boer were both represented by Guido Albers. Koeman changed his agent to Rob Janssen 2/3 weeks ago.

There is a slim chance the leak that 'agent on his way' has Chinese whispered into Ron Koemans agent is on his way.