Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

Everton chairman is just another asian/middle eastern money man, coming to the uk and thinking that is all about flashing the cash and that anything can be purchased. The guy has no idea what integrity and honor is and I have little doubt that Koeman doesn't want to work for someone like that. koeman has been there and done pretty much everything on football. With us he has a project and a challenge on his hands. and a club and fanbase who are behind him and support him. With everton he'll get a douche bag who values money/success over everything else, and a fanbase that are apparently almost as delusional as massive club Newcastle. Fortunately Keoman is honorable and probably the antithesis of a mercenary. The clubs that think the answer is to throw money at everything just end up as souless. Look at united, chelsea, city etc recently.

No need for meltdown if it happens, we are in a good position to attract a good replacement if Koeman decides to take the money and run. RK would be up there with Lallana, Lovren and Pochettino on the ****list though.

To balance this though.....we reportedly had Steve McClaren and Cristian Gross on our shortlist after Poch :lol:

Would be such a shame. For me personally it would certainly change my opinion of him as a manager. If he were to go then it's purely to plump up his wallet and I didn't think he was that type of character.

This does have a nasty feeling of 'Toby' about it.......interesting potential for Reed to end up looking a prize plum!

However:

How do we KNOW that the agent is going to Liverpool? Do we know for sure he is meeting Everton? There are other clubs up that way, apparently.

Does he represent any other managers or players that might be linked to clubs in the North West?

I don't think it's quite meltdown state yet. Hmmmm....but Toby...Toby....

I think buying success in the league is going to be harder than it was for Chelsea and more recently Man City. A £150 - £200 million transfer budget just isn't going to touch the sides nowadays - City have spent about that on strikers alone over the last 4-5 years to get an Aguero - so essentially you have to do it every year for the next 4-5 to try and buy it.

Can't see Everton even with their new found wealth having pockets that deep.

If (big if) Koeman went to Everton its a big blow because he will be deciding their ambition is more exciting than ours.

He will know the facts of both, what he would be joining and leaving and would have consciously decided they are a better bet than us.

That would hurt.

Spurs were clearly more attractive than us. Everton less so.

People suggesting this Everton rumour has been leaked by his agent to get a bigger contract, how would this work? Surely we would have had to give him permission to talk to Everton, and if we hadn't we would know it's a bluff, no?

Koeman hasn't signed up despite an offer being on the table for a while now and there's too much media noise about him going to Everton. I think we need to accept he is off and once again Les has made himself look like a right chump with that video.

Wouldn't it be nice to get a manager and players who don't treat us like a two year shop window

Even if they don't get Koeman, Everton will have caused a few problems for Southampton, a club which has recently taken their place in the pecking order.

With their talk of 6 million a year contracts, they are forcing the club to spend more than it might otherwise have had to, and they are probably also unsettling one or two of our players with the speculation over the manager's future just before the transfer window opens.

To be honest, if we can keep Koeman for another year, we'll have done better than most clubs. The average PL manager's tenure is just over one year and few Premier League managers stay at one club for more than 2. I don't buy this talk of it would be better to let him go now rather than let him see out the final year of a contract. No, it wouldn't. We want him here as long as possible. Fingers crossed that he rejects Everton.

Koeman hasn't signed up despite an offer being on the table for a while now and there's too much media noise about him going to Everton. I think we need to accept he is off and once again Les has made himself look like a right chump with that video.

Wouldn't it be nice to get a manager and players who don't treat us like a two year shop window

Ronald and Les et al had conversations and meetings at the end of the season and Ronald then went on holiday to St. Barth's.

Last Friday, after spending a couple of days in talks with Wasserman (the agency representing Ronald) and with lawyers, Saints made a formal contract offer to Wasserman/Koeman.

It has been three working days since the contract offer, with today being the fourth. Ronald flew back from his holidays on Tuesday evening, getting home on Wednesday.

Not really been dragging on as long as you think.

I think he'll stay and at least honour his contract, as he's consistently said. To leave would need a convincing reason/excuse such as not valuing his worth in contract discussions or the club reneging on promises.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

If (big if) Koeman went to Everton its a big blow because he will be deciding their ambition is more exciting than ours.

He will know the facts of both, what he would be joining and leaving and would have consciously decided they are a better bet than us.

That would hurt.

Spurs were clearly more attractive than us. Everton less so.

No - it means one thing - Everton are offering him more money that is all

Once Ron mentioned a couple of weeks before the season that money = ambition I was pretty sure he was keen to leave

For me, this would be much more difficult to accept than Poch leaving.

RK going to a club that finished significantly lower than us is something I never saw coming and would demonstrate that despite all of the continuous progression, we aren't anywhere near the attractive prospect we'd like to think we are.

Respect for Koeman would be low as well - not because he had chased mega money (we'd all do that in his situation) - but because of his constant assertion that he will be here for his three year contract, even up until two weeks ago, only to jump ship. Like most, if Koeman refused a new contract, left next summer and joined Barca, I would have no problem with that at all.

Hanging on to that fact that right now, these rumours are exactly that, from the Mirror, bookies and a few dutch journalists

I just can't believe that this has anything to do with the salary on offer.....he's not short of a bob or two, and when has ever come across as the type who would move for the bucks? Sure he can live on £2.3m per year quite easily. I would just find it hard to believe a wage rise to go to a club that could ruin his chances of a big job next, would be enough for him. It'd take him a few years to sort that joke of a club out, regardless of money he's given to spend.

Once Ron mentioned a couple of weeks before the season that money = ambition I was pretty sure he was keen to leave

Exactly. So they have more ambition if he goes there. He would effectively be saying they will invest more in the team than us and have a better chance of success.

Its probably media drivel and Twitter speculation but IF he did go to Everton there would be no other way of dressing it up than very bad news for Saints.

We lose people to top clubs, not Everton.

Ronald and Les et al had conversations and meetings at the end of the season and Ronald then went on holiday to St. Barth's.

Last Friday, after spending a couple of days in talks with Wasserman (the agency representing Ronald) and with lawyers, Saints made a formal contract offer to Wasserman/Koeman.

It has been three working days since the contract offer, with today being the fourth. Ronald flew back from his holidays on Tuesday evening, getting home on Wednesday.

Not really been dragging on as long as you think.

Lump on Emery then who has moved to 6/1 on Sky bet. 3/1 on other sites.

@timdewit: Ronald Koeman staat op punt te tekenen als trainer van Everton. Is met zaakwaarnemer Rob Jansen onderweg naar Liverpool.

Ronald Koeman is on point to signs as coach of Everton. With agent Rob Jansen en route to Liverpool.

He is a dutch correspondent for UK and Ireland appears to know his stuff.

This appears genuine.

I don't think he said that and if he did, he wouldn't mean his own personal terms.

He's been more concerned about his ability to keep a team together and progress which has been his measure of ambition over having loads of cash to spend on players.

Everton ITK (their Guan)

Because until it is done it is not done, so until you have a signature you have to look for alternatives. It also applies pressure on Emery which is no bad thing, and ultimately Koeman was initially Moshiri's first choice but as I've said many times left the door open for Emery to become the preferred candidate.

Our negotiating position is stronger with two candidates.The position is Emery's to take or leave but he knows that Koeman is once more a contender if for whatever reason he procrastinates.

I'm still of the opinion Emery will take it.

@timdewit: Ronald Koeman staat op punt te tekenen als trainer van Everton. Is met zaakwaarnemer Rob Jansen onderweg naar Liverpool.

Ronald Koeman is on point to signs as coach of Everton. With agent Rob Jansen en route to Liverpool.

He is a dutch correspondent for UK and Ireland appears to know his stuff.

This appears genuine.

Which begs the question: why are the British media not reporting it...?

Let's hold those horses.

How many times has the poor bloke got to tell you all; 'He has a year left at Southampton and that is the end of it.'

If he leaves in the next 12 months it's because he's been fired. That's it and its then up to him who he wishes to join.

I don't believe for one second that Koeman would leave us for Everton or any club that isn't in a better position than us, ie Europa league or better. It just doesn't make sense. 100m wouldn't guarantee Everton EL season after next.

I think the stumbling blocks will be that Ron will want a Holland International Manager release clause and everyone but Wanyama has to stay no matter the cost.

Ron will not abandon his final contracted year with us unless Les tells him to do one.

I agree 100% with this.

For those who do not understand why Les might ask Ron to go despite him being great its not so hard to understand.Football like all sports is a game of small percentages. The EPL players are all very fit very strong and able to run and kick the ball head it and tackle. An extra 1or 2% or more ability though might be added - or lost - through player psychological outlook. And that could make a big difference by end of season on where we finish and that equals £££ outcome for SFC as well.

A final year of the key group leader- Ron - not renewing or still no sign of renewing may instil DOUBT in SFC from top to bottom in every department. DOUBT is bad for business performance and might take away that 1 or 2% or more. Players who are unsure if they are playing for a manager who will not be there next season or players who are considering joining a club whose team leader may not be there much longer or players looking to renew contracts all are affected by such considerations. And thats before you consider the impact on the coaches and trainers physios and every other part of the club.

IF Ron will honour the last year but not extend he will almost certainly be a "lame duck" manager by JAN/FEB17. At which point SFC actually may already be experiencing negative results throughout the club including the team and points tally. But even if not its still very likely. And that may induce the Board to take matters into there own hands and do the unthinkable -sack Ronald. And try to survive the end of season with a hastily parachuted in new manager. Not the best way to do it id say. Far better to relieve Ron of duties now and give new manager a pre-season chance.

For that reason and if you follow the chain of logic i cannot see Ron starting this new season without a renewed contract. He either will renew and extend - or he will leave one way or another, sacked (terrible PR + unnecessary + not classy or dignified for what he's done for SFC) - or much more likely given permission to talk with a.n.other club or country.

MY and I imagine 99% of saints fans preference is to pay him consistent with (and actually over) the market rate ie what other top top managers in EPL delivering what he does get, and extend contract another 3 years and yes, allow him the Netherlands or Barca or XYZ top club permission opt out but not to anyone lower than us in EPL this year or below us in Deloittes world top 20-30 list clubs.

Was just about to have another punt on Emery at 8/1 as got 4/1 earlier and it's already jumped down again to 5/1 :lol:

So if I had really good info on Emery and was confident and reasonably loaded, it might pay to put enough on Koeman to push Emery's odds up before lumping massively on him?

Everton ITK (their Guan)

Because until it is done it is not done, so until you have a signature you have to look for alternatives. It also applies pressure on Emery which is no bad thing, and ultimately Koeman was initially Moshiri's first choice but as I've said many times left the door open for Emery to become the preferred candidate.

Our negotiating position is stronger with two candidates.The position is Emery's to take or leave but he knows that Koeman is once more a contender if for whatever reason he procrastinates.

I'm still of the opinion Emery will take it.

Exactly. So they have more ambition if he goes there. He would effectively be saying they will invest more in the team than us and have a better chance of success.

Its probably media drivel and Twitter speculation but IF he did go to Everton there would be no other way of dressing it up than very bad news for Saints.

We lose people to top clubs, not Everton.

This from the Everton ITK.

Emery has turned down our contract offer.

Koeman has told Southampton he wants to leave for Everton.

This should now be over very quickly.

Which one is actually ITK then..

So if I had really good info on Emery and was confident and reasonably loaded, it might pay to put enough on Koeman to push Emery's odds up before lumping massively on him?

You could be on to something....Lets hope so anyway

Really disappointed, if true. I still have to believe that we are a well run club and that the next manager will continue the work of those that have gone before. Nonetheless it is hard to watch the other clubs take a more reckless financial approach, throwing money at deep-rooted problems for a short-term fix.

Please could you explain to a non-betting person?

2,5 v 6 = £2.5m we offering him vs £6m Everton supposedly offering him. Frankly, if anyone offered me £3,5m more a year, then I would be off without a second's delay. I could spend Thursday nights going through my accounts rather than watching Europe League.

I am not unduly worried. Find all this nonsense quite amusing really.

If the unthinkable does happen, I am confident that we have the process in place to replace RK - but I will be very very suprised if he isn't our manager this time next year.

2,5 v 6 = £2.5m we offering him vs £6m Everton supposedly offering him. Frankly, if anyone offered me £3,5m more a year, then I would be off without a second's delay. I could spend Thursday nights going through my accounts rather than watching Europe League.

FWIW I think it is less about the money and more that he doesn't want to commit to a longer contract at this moment in time. He would honour the current contract, but may be Saints want a little more commitment and have decided he can walk.

Isn't all this just a repeat of a few weeks ago when The Liverpool Echo printed a story about him being "interested" in the Everton job (RK actually stated that he wasn't) then the national press took it up? Betting odds and media articles fuelling each other.

Another article in the Echo, media take it up and off we go again?

At least that's what I hope it is............

If he's off to Everton 'cos of the money they are wiling to pay him then he is not the person I thought he was.

If I take the cynical, meltdown approach then of course, he holds all the cards. He knows the club want commitment from him, which he can refuse - explaining that he will honour his present contract. "I'm an honourable man." But he knows that the contract situation won't be acceptable to the board, thus leaving him in the position of being able to leave with honour intact and a massive pay rise from Everton!

Thanks. Get it, not betting at all. Doh.