Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

@Elko_B: Dutch football magazine VI are now reporting Ronald Koeman is close to a move to Everton as well. Dutch media are certain it's a done deal

Personally will see what Alex Crook or his lackeys put in the Star tonight and then expect the opposite to happen.

I just hope this is not another ROLOver by Saints !

@Elko_B: Dutch football magazine VI are now reporting Ronald Koeman is close to a move to Everton as well. Dutch media are certain it's a done deal

Personally will see what Alex Crook or his lackeys put in the Star tonight and then expect the opposite to happen.

Going to have to change your username to Mulder. You are SO desperate to believe.

Are they really? All reporting what someone else has reported. No new info. No sources. No quotes. The same speculation over and over. And then we can talk about Twitter!

remember 2 summers ago when people said it was all made up rumours. the same last summer with Toby

the same when Caulker was initially linked to liverpool

There is only so many times you can keep getting new people in though and keep improving.

Plus there is the impact on players, some of whom signed new contracts presumably with Koeman as their Manager next season. Also players like Davis and Fonte who commented how frustrating it was when MP left. Will some of them start doubting the club again?

The likes of VVD, Bertrand, Forster, Long who signed for Koeman might be disillusioned.

Backroom staff disruption too.

Lots of unecessary change IMO and saying we will just keep improving is an easy soundbite. Eventually it will go the other way.

Bigger question for me is that it is Everton. What did Reed and cringe Krueger say to Koeman which made him feel Everton are a good step for him. Arsenal yes, Barcelona yes but we would be gutted if Van Dijk or Bertrand left us for Everton.

you said that last year.

Esk over there looks to be a genuine ITK, but he's an ITK from Everton's side, all his info is going to be through that lens, and he'll be no more ITK about Koeman's intentions than anyone else.

Koeman himself has said all along that he'll at the very least honour his three year contract here.

All the media buzz today has come from one tweet that has already been shown to be at least partially incorrect, as any meeting, if it did take place, certainly wasn't in Liverpool.

I don't see that things are actually any different today compared to yesterday?

Esk over there looks to be a genuine ITK, but he's an ITK from Everton's side, all his info is going to be through that lens, and he'll be no more ITK about Koeman's intentions than anyone else.

Koeman himself has said all along that he'll at the very least honour his three year contract here.

All the media buzz today has come from one tweet that has already been shown to be at least partially incorrect, as any meeting, if it did take place, certainly wasn't in Liverpool.

This works for me.....

There is only so many times you can keep getting new people in though and keep improving.

Plus there is the impact on players, some of whom signed new contracts presumably with Koeman as their Manager next season. Also players like Davis and Fonte who commented how frustrating it was when MP left. Will some of them start doubting the club again?

The likes of VVD, Bertrand, Forster, Long who signed for Koeman might be disillusioned.

Backroom staff disruption too.

Lots of unecessary change IMO and saying we will just keep improving is an easy soundbite. Eventually it will go the other way.

Bigger question for me is that it is Everton. What did Reed and cringe Krueger say to Koeman which made him feel Everton are a good step for him. Arsenal yes, Barcelona yes but we would be gutted if Van Dijk or Bertrand left us for Everton.

you said that last year.

More than once

good sensible post

Edited by Batman

Why would RK want to go to an has been club that has no future at run down Goodison park, with little hope of a new ground and as far as i can see it would be a backward step in reguards to c.v.

It would also see the harmony at the top not seeing eye to eye and sadly the whole structure of the club being affected once more ,and of course our key players would once again be at the center of a fire sell and show a certain lack of ambition, but i think a big part of this could be Europa football ,this alone might be enough to sway his decision as to where his future may lie..........for what its worth i think it will be at Arsenal next season,not at Everton and just this last one with us.

What's the chances of them (Everton) splashing loads of money getting nowhere then relegated, the owner doing one and them ending up like Pompey? Seeing the attitude of most of their fans over the internet I hope it happens to them whether Koeman goes to them or not.

Guan...? K Billy...? Put a stop to this please...

Guan mentioned a new direction this summer with regards to managers etc

and K.billy mentioned that he will stay off here during the summer due to the potential meltdown....although that was more about players leaving

Tony Husband ‏@TonyHusbandBBC · 1m1 minute ago

Been in the room when Koeman has reiterated he goes nowhere before end of contract, don't see it changing #saintsfc

Reed could easily have turned round to him and said "if you're not signing this extension you can go now". Can't say I'd blame him either.

and K.billy mentioned that he will stay off here during the summer due to the potential meltdown....although that was more about players leaving

Didn't Guan say KBilly told him about this new strategy then remark that it was up to KBSS to talk about it?

Marcel Van Der Kraan of De Telegraff on SSN about 20 minutes ago and when pushed he said he expected Koeman to head north.

Another thing that's interesting to me is that the Daily Echo are so far remaining very quiet on this one, have to wonder why!

Tony Husband ‏@TonyHusbandBBC · 1m1 minute ago

Been in the room when Koeman has reiterated he goes nowhere before end of contract, don't see it changing #saintsfc

A tweet a minute ago, was that posted today ?

Presumably it is not that Koeman said that today.

I'm very pragmatic about this. If he stays, he stays. I'm not really expecting him to sign a long term extension, if an extension at all. If he goes he goes. So be it. But given the arrogance of some of the presumably newer arrivals to Everton's ranks of supporters, I would love it, love it, if he spurned them. Of course they would say that they didn't want him.

All this seems to be noise in a dead period for football gossip.

Koeman says I will sit down with the club and see the ambition from the club (end of season)

Last week Wasserman was negotiating the finer points of his contract, which would suggest he is happy with the clubs ambition.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/14515849.Koeman_on_holiday_as_representatives_take_charge_of_contract_talks/

Perhaps there are just a few sticking points and this "leak" is just to apply pressure from his side.

If you look at how Ronald has acted throughout his entire career, taking into account his playing days and his stints at the dutch clubs as manager - he's always true to his word, that's why he's admired and respected so much by his former clubs. He's an honorable person and as has been mentioned previously, the only way he's considering Everton is if we've signaled our intention to terminate his contract.

Think about it from a career point of view. He's leaving a club he's propelled into Europe, he's got a chance to have a real crack in a European competition, and then next season or the following season the bigger jobs will become avaliable. If he goes to Everton, it will be a season of consolidation. Apart from Stones and Lukaku they don't have a great deal of quality, so he'd be pretty much resetting the last two years of his career and starting again - risking his dream of taking a big job in the future. I also don't think money would make a great deal of difference, he's not that sort of bloke.

So the only way this could be remotely true is if we've signaled our intention to terminate his contract/sack him. None of this makes any sense otherwise.

Marcel Van Der Kraan of De Telegraff on SSN about 20 minutes ago and when pushed he said he expected Koeman to head north.

Another thing that's interesting to me is that the Daily Echo are so far remaining very quiet on this one, have to wonder why!

When was the last time the DE had a Saints story that wasn't fed to them by the club?

If Everton don't get Koeman, what's that going to say about their 2nd/3rd targets...Not sure Emery would be happy being second choice, De Boer probably wouldn't mind..You'd have to say going all out to get one man so blatantly in public has got to hinder your chances of other top targets or make them feel they're less wanted when they get there.

Or they will say you offered him 6m a year, I want 6m a year as well.

Whereas Saints do things quietly behind closed doors, the right way. We might be a 'smaller club' with a slightly smaller (yet newer) stadium and smaller fan base but we're growing and we go about things the right way with class and dignity not through the media unsettling players and managers.

Think we have a classier and more dignified fan base than most of the 'Larger club' supporters also, I really think supporting a larger club makes you less grounded especially if you're from Liverpool :lol:

We are on track to become the Sevilla of Europe why would he go to Valencia.

All these bigger clubs fans are a joke in that they cannot recognise the landscape has changed over the last 10yrs.

There is no point looking back as your not going there, there is a new world order and it isnt determined by ground capacity, size of world wide fans, its about what you do every game, every year, you don't get points for picking up a milk cup in the 80's.

This bit appears to be added to what was actually stated by Guan.

He mentioned 'a possible new direction', and that KBS knew more. He didn't provide any context or make any comment 'with regards to managers etc'.

If it's anything to go by in the past he has honoured his contract, but if he decides to go there is not a lot we can do about it. Since we have been back in the Prem players and a manager have used us as a stepping stone and I'm afraid that is always going to be the case.

So the only way this could be remotely true is if we've signaled our intention to terminate his contract/sack him. None of this makes any sense otherwise.

If that were the case I would have expected less positive noises from Les Reed, surely better to keep quiet............ unless this has suddenly occurred. In any case, if the club are to take the route of terminating his contract they best get on with it asap. Rather we sacked him than he leaves us! Anyway, my personal thought is that this is a load of nothing generated by a solitary rumour, betting and media during a barren news period.

I hope!

We are on track to become the Sevilla of Europe why would he go to Valencia.

All these bigger clubs fans are a joke in that they cannot recognise the landscape has changed over the last 10yrs.

There is no point looking back as your not going there, there is a new world order and it isnt determined by ground capacity, size of world wide fans, its about what you do every game, every year, you don't get points for picking up a milk cup in the 80's.

Everton are much smaller and less successful than them. I'd compare them to Espanyol, a city's second club, shot old stadium and frankly a bit ****.

If Everton don't get Koeman, what's that going to say about their 2nd/3rd targets...Not sure Emery would be happy being second choice, De Boer probably wouldn't mind..You'd have to say going all out to get one man so blatantly in public has got to hinder your chances of other top targets or make them feel they're less wanted when they get there.

Or they will say you offered him 6m a year, I want 6m a year as well.

Whereas Saints do things quietly behind closed doors, the right way. We might be a 'smaller club' with a slightly smaller (yet newer) stadium and smaller fan base but we're growing and we go about things the right way with class and dignity not through the media unsettling players and managers.

Think we have a classier and more dignified fan base than most of the 'Larger club' supporters also, I really think supporting a larger club makes you less grounded especially if you're from Liverpool :lol:

This all depends if Ron actually is their no. 1 target.

If that were the case I would have expected less positive noises from Les Reed, surely better to keep quiet............ unless this has suddenly occurred. In any case, if the club are to take the route of terminating his contract they best get on with it asap. Rather we sacked him than he leaves us! Anyway, my personal thought is that this is a load of nothing generated by a solitary rumour, betting and media during a barren news period.

I hope!

Why sack him when we would probably be due some compo if he left for Everton . If they want him they'll need to pay up .

Everton are much smaller and less successful than them. I'd compare them to Espanyol, a city's second club, shot old stadium and frankly a bit ****.

Hey I've been Barca a lot more recently and Espanyol have a very very nice stadium (check out a game there if your going).

Ok I will compare them to Deportivo

Don't diagree with you, but for all our integrity and doing things the right way, we should be able to summon sufficient resolve to keep a manager and players, especially when they are already under contract.

I'd understand RK going to Arsenal, Barcelona, or the Netherlands job, but elsewhere this sumer is ridiculous.