Ten Years of Saints Web... November 2016

The Saint

Yeah, pretty much, I think.

When Keith decided to close Saints Forever, a few of us basically had a couple of days to come up with an alternative, so The Saints Forum was born - everyone had to re-register for that one. TSF then became SaintsWeb in 2008.

So technically SaintsWeb is only 8 years old, but this incarnation of the forum has been running for a decade.

You were also indirectly responsible for b-anter after an imagine of your head was put on a stick :lol::lol::lol:

Saintlee was an inside man on the Paul Allen (or some other unspecified billionaire) thing. Via PM he invited me to meet the "representatives" of the takeover once. I think he was genuine but got proper taken in.

He was definitely genuine and a nice guy actually, but yes he rather got swept away in the avalanche of hype that was around then...

My mind is a bit muddled due to age but didn't Jill marry someone she met on here and for some odd reason I thought that person was Saintlee?

I remember Catgate. IIRC, which I doubt, it was a very, very expensive Persian.

Dark Sotonic Mills was an excellent poster and I still think that it's the best username ever.

Definitely not SaintLee, but it was a poster from here.

I think a few people used it as a dating site ... cough.

I've gone to university, changed job three times, moved house twice, and the only constant has been this stupid forum.

Some of the names and stories of yesteryear on this thread have brought back a lot of memories. All the takeover stuff, everyone trying to get on redandwhitepanda, the gay copper (Maverick?), saint cookie and starfish, Javi threatening to kill everyone, (whatever happened to that loon?) Amygate, saintsforever seating plans, Roger Beeks the undercover copper on b-anter, the fat yoof kid who went off and supported Salisbury and ended up in prison, stu's gammy eye, luncheon threads... the list goes on.

Rubbish way to waste your life.

Some great stories and memories from the last 10 years, still have some PM's from Tommac (did we ever work out who he was), think it must be the only site I check religiously everyday. Keep up the good work and if anyone wants to suggest a 10th anniversary party somewhere after the Liverpool match I would be up for it.

I've gone to university, changed job three times, moved house twice, and the only constant has been this stupid forum.

Some of the names and stories of yesteryear on this thread have brought back a lot of memories. All the takeover stuff, everyone trying to get on redandwhitepanda, the gay copper (Maverick?), saint cookie and starfish, Javi threatening to kill everyone, (whatever happened to that loon?) Amygate, saintsforever seating plans, Roger Beeks the undercover copper on b-anter, the fat yoof kid who went off and supported Salisbury and ended up in prison, stu's gammy eye, luncheon threads... the list goes on.

Ahhh I miss Roger Beeks :lol:

I also spoke to the guy who was involved with trying to buy Saints, someone Williams, Blackburn fan, can't remember his name now - I called his US number and spoke to him. Actually a very sound guy, but I have no idea what happened and why he was involved.

Some great stories and memories from the last 10 years, still have some PM's from Tommac (did we ever work out who he was), think it must be the only site I check religiously everyday. Keep up the good work and if anyone wants to suggest a 10th anniversary party somewhere after the Liverpool match I would be up for it.

Sounds great, I'll get my user name printed on my giant foam hands so everyone knows who I am

Ahhh I miss Roger Beeks :lol:

I also spoke to the guy who was involved with trying to buy Saints, someone Williams, Blackburn fan, can't remember his name now - I called his US number and spoke to him. Actually a very sound guy, but I have no idea what happened and why he was involved.

Was that Help Me Rhonda? Chilled Remy and all that cobblers...

Waste?! **** off!

Completely forgot about redandwhitepanda. Wasn't that in the Saints Forever days?

Some brilliant memories here and without this place is have missed out on a fair few laughs and experiences. Managed to get some big game tickets on here for a start!

Edit: I'm getting confused. Redandwhitepanda isn't what I thought it was. I'm thinking of something to do with a cow and "Saints babes" or something....

Definitely not SaintLee, but it was a poster from here.

I think a few people used it as a dating site ... cough.

I can think of 5 off the top of my head, I think (hope, in one case) we're the only two still posting. :o

Edited by The9

Waste?! **** off!

Completely forgot about redandwhitepanda. Wasn't that in the Saints Forever days?

Some brilliant memories here and without this place is have missed out on a fair few laughs and experiences. Managed to get some big game tickets on here for a start!

Edit: I'm getting confused. Redandwhitepanda isn't what I thought it was. I'm thinking of something to do with a cow and "Saints babes" or something....

Painted Cow, something to do with the first iteration of arty painted installations in Southampton at some point in the last 15 years, a ScottSaints response to one of the numerous stupidly-named groups of the tail end of the first Prem era - Kincy Saints was another one.

Can't let this thread pass without a brief 28_F, and a shout out to the likes of Squibby, Cabbage Face and colin_t (oh and Ormergod who is now Paul Chuckle). Best throw Saintette out there as well...

Also, Mr Green, clearly absent from the standard emoticons due to a stevegrant vendetta.

Wasn't there a forum take-over of a Jonas Brothers forum at one point? Spamming them MLG style?

Quite possibly, would have been a fair bit more recently than the Saints Forever original raids though, I wasn't involved in any of them, I just thought it was vaguely hilarious when they'd come back and post about their exploits on whatever the non-Main Bored (sic) was called back then - surprised I've forgotten tbh.