Man City 1 Saints 1 - Reactions

St Chalet

MOTM  

343 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM

This was a hard watch especially with the live stream breaking up alot today. Romeu continues to amaze us, where does he find the energy to play at this tempo three days a week with another 3 games to come in the next week. Fatigue was inevitable for many of our players and after 65mins it was pretty much all one way but superb organisation and discipline ensured we saw it through to the end.

We maybe didn't deserve to win, nor did we deserve to lose, how many of us were dreading an 'Arsenal' moment from Jose when the 5 mins board went up?

Sam McQueen deserves plaudits for keeping us afloat through this most difficult of periods with 4 full backs crocked. Martina is surely working his way to becoming automatic first choice. neither got down the flanks much today but that must have been the game plan bearing in mind how much football they have played lately.

Great point, superb opportunist goal from Redmond - onwards and upwards lads COYR

This was a hard watch especially with the live stream breaking up alot today. Romeu continues to amaze us, where does he find the energy to play at this tempo three days a week with another 3 games to come in the next week. Fatigue was inevitable for many of our players and after 65mins it was pretty much all one way but superb organisation and discipline ensured we saw it through to the end.

We maybe didn't deserve to win, nor did we deserve to lose, how many of us were dreading an 'Arsenal' moment from Jose when the 5 mins board went up?

Sam McQueen deserves plaudits for keeping us afloat through this most difficult of periods with 4 full backs crocked. Martina is surely working his way to becoming automatic first choice. neither got down the flanks much today but that must have been the game plan bearing in mind how much football they have played lately.

Great point, superb opportunist goal from Redmond - onwards and upwards lads COYR

We need to stop being surprised by results like this.

It is becoming normal now.

Indeed. I'm with Fonte on this one.... i.e. Disappointed that we didn't hold out for the win. That's where we are now. ( https://southamptonfc.com/news/2016-10-23/jose-fonte-post-manchester-city-southampton )

Great team performance again though. Boufal showing glimpses of giving us an added dimension.

Marching on....

Edited by trousers

We need to stop being surprised by results like this.

It is becoming normal now.

Indeed. I'm with Fonte on this one.... i.e. Disappointed that we didn't hold out for the win. That's where we are now. ( https://southamptonfc.com/news/2016-10-23/jose-fonte-post-manchester-city-southampton )

Great team performance again though. Boufal showing glimpses of giving us an added dimension.

Marching on....

Edited by trousers

People being very harsh on Clasie and probably focussing too much on those two shots, thought he won the ball well on a few occasions and moved it on quicker than some others.

Agree, Clasie has some very blinkered critics on here who will never see good in him. Tis the same for Yoshi. Saints fans?

Clasie played really well today until he picked up that yellow - which was grossly unfair in close up - after which, understandably he had to show a degree of restraint that affected his natural game. Pretty sure that's why Claude took him off. Still he has rested so should be good for the EFL Cup game along with JWP and Pierre. People should study his interception tackles and pass ratios before criticising him, he rarely misplaces either. Get off his back.

People being very harsh on Clasie and probably focussing too much on those two shots, thought he won the ball well on a few occasions and moved it on quicker than some others.

Agree, Clasie has some very blinkered critics on here who will never see good in him. Tis the same for Yoshi. Saints fans?

Clasie played really well today until he picked up that yellow - which was grossly unfair in close up - after which, understandably he had to show a degree of restraint that affected his natural game. Pretty sure that's why Claude took him off. Still he has rested so should be good for the EFL Cup game along with JWP and Pierre. People should study his interception tackles and pass ratios before criticising him, he rarely misplaces either. Get off his back.

Watched the game in a bar on Majorca surrounded by City fans. The most ordinary non-Neanderthal one said we played well and really rates Redmond, ironic when you see some of the negative bull people spout about him on here. Romeu is really impressive this season, he's our rock! Shame Austin couldn't have converted that chance but overall a point was a fair result...I returned to the beach a happy (slightly ****ed) man

Watched the game in a bar on Majorca surrounded by City fans. The most ordinary non-Neanderthal one said we played well and really rates Redmond, ironic when you see some of the negative bull people spout about him on here. Romeu is really impressive this season, he's our rock! Shame Austin couldn't have converted that chance but overall a point was a fair result...I returned to the beach a happy (slightly ****ed) man

Not sure you can blame Forster for not saving that goal. All the best keepers let a goal in every now and again. Just look at De Gea.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

For such a big guy, he doesn't really command his box, don't get me wrong he is a good keeper, but he doesn't fill me with a great deal of confidence at times

Not sure you can blame Forster for not saving that goal. All the best keepers let a goal in every now and again. Just look at De Gea.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

For such a big guy, he doesn't really command his box, don't get me wrong he is a good keeper, but he doesn't fill me with a great deal of confidence at times

We're a very, very good premier league team to be honest. Results like this aren't a surprise, as we give everyone a game. Our organisation is excellent, the professionalism and work-rate of our players is exceptional - you don't get a team that gels in that sense that often. Some of the breaks we had in attacking senses were majestic, we play some excellent football this year and seem to find so much more space for the likes of Tadic and co to operate in.

As I knew we would, we're improving Redmond and getting the most out of his undoubted potential. We'll do the same with Boufal as well, and there's obviously a hell of a lot to work with there.

We're in a good place right now, we really do look at home as a top 8 team.

We're a very, very good premier league team to be honest. Results like this aren't a surprise, as we give everyone a game. Our organisation is excellent, the professionalism and work-rate of our players is exceptional - you don't get a team that gels in that sense that often. Some of the breaks we had in attacking senses were majestic, we play some excellent football this year and seem to find so much more space for the likes of Tadic and co to operate in.

As I knew we would, we're improving Redmond and getting the most out of his undoubted potential. We'll do the same with Boufal as well, and there's obviously a hell of a lot to work with there.

So did I, needlessly gave the ball away numerous times.

Have you lot forgotten who we were playing. Not every player can play 10/10 every game. Just be happy that our little provincial tram can give these types a game.

What a bloody bunch of moaners.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

So did I, needlessly gave the ball away numerous times.

Have you lot forgotten who we were playing. Not every player can play 10/10 every game. Just be happy that our little provincial tram can give these types a game.

Why not analyse the game, say who played well and who didn't, what was good and what was bad?

Why not analyse the game, say who played well and who didn't, what was good and what was bad?

I always think that Redmond is woefully under rated. If he was called Redmondinho, the press would be singing his praises. But no, he has been categorised (whether true or not) as a player that struggled to get into a relegated Norwich side and was laughed off (maybe rightly so) when his new manager said he was going to be Henry Mk2. I see quite a lot of similarities between him and Mr £50m Sterling, but I am not sure that I would have the £50m man over the £10m man. In fact if things carry on as they are, he really should replace him in the England squad, but we know that he won't due to the respective clubs.

I always think that Redmond is woefully under rated. If he was called Redmondinho, the press would be singing his praises. But no, he has been categorised (whether true or not) as a player that struggled to get into a relegated Norwich side and was laughed off (maybe rightly so) when his new manager said he was going to be Henry Mk2. I see quite a lot of similarities between him and Mr £50m Sterling, but I am not sure that I would have the £50m man over the £10m man. In fact if things carry on as they are, he really should replace him in the England squad, but we know that he won't due to the respective clubs.

Are the fans singing Puels name yet, I think he is exceeding most peoples expectations.

Totally agree. I think he is superb and patient manager. I can only see us getting better and better as the season progresses. I love Fitzhughs comment "I think Puel deserves some credit" . No **** you pompous ****.

Are the fans singing Puels name yet, I think he is exceeding most peoples expectations.

Totally agree. I think he is superb and patient manager. I can only see us getting better and better as the season progresses. I love Fitzhughs comment "I think Puel deserves some credit" . No **** you pompous ****.

Without being a bedwetter Martina is not a premier league standard player, he has pretty much no football brain in regard to positioning, once again leaving man free before trying to resolve problem but too late 1v1. As long as he plays team will punish us down his side, Thursday night he spent 1st 30mins arguing with yoshida as both didn't know where they were supposed to be often resulting in no man's land, I love vvd but as like Thurs poor vision both resulting in goals, really need a rb in January

Without being a bedwetter Martina is not a premier league standard player, he has pretty much no football brain in regard to positioning, once again leaving man free before trying to resolve problem but too late 1v1. As long as he plays team will punish us down his side, Thursday night he spent 1st 30mins arguing with yoshida as both didn't know where they were supposed to be often resulting in no man's land, I love vvd but as like Thurs poor vision both resulting in goals, really need a rb in January

Dear me

Dear me

Another game the media will sweep under the rug as 'City's poor form continues'.

They were substandard but we played a large part in making them look so. Romeu, Fonte, Virgil and Redmond lol superb IMO. I gave the latter motm if only for such a well taken and clinical goal and being so alert.

Boufal is clearly a quality player on the ball but looked off the pace today. Can only be expected really, City away is hardly easing him into things. His composure to set up a change for Austin, who should have been more composed himself, was great to see and he will unlock a few defences this season I feel.

Another game the media will sweep under the rug as 'City's poor form continues'.

They were substandard but we played a large part in making them look so. Romeu, Fonte, Virgil and Redmond lol superb IMO. I gave the latter motm if only for such a well taken and clinical goal and being so alert.

Boufal is clearly a quality player on the ball but looked off the pace today. Can only be expected really, City away is hardly easing him into things. His composure to set up a change for Austin, who should have been more composed himself, was great to see and he will unlock a few defences this season I feel.

They are to the city fans who were predicting putting 3-4 past us on their pre pre-match forum build up.:lol:

They are to the city fans who were predicting putting 3-4 past us on their pre pre-match forum build up.:lol:

Actually just listening to talk****e and one of the jurnos was saying lots of nice things about us..

Actually just listening to talk****e and one of the jurnos was saying lots of nice things about us..

Cracking point, great defensive effort from all concerned, fair play to McQueen in particular, what a week he's had.

Still think Man City are the best team in the league, this point helps balance out some of those dropped earlier in the season.

Fee moans;

Clattenburg giving so many 50/50s their way, often followed up with a booking.

Games like that, Austin doesn't help enough no matter how hard he tries, doesn't have the pace to stretch their back line or hold the ball up and make it stick for a bit.

We're very reliant on VVD/Fonte/Romeu in such a game.

Such quiet support from both sides, amusing to see football tourists coming along for the spectacle of English football and just getting that.

Would imagine Boufal will start on Weds, definitely needs a few 90mins under his belt.

Great result.Completely agree with all points. I find Clattenburg infuriating- not just because he always seems to favour our opposition- but his general manner, A referee shouldn't revel in the drama and love being the centre of attention. They are there to observe and officiate when needed- not to be the star of the show which he clearly thinks he is. Thought captain Fonte was outstanding today- my MOM. Will be interesting to see when Bertrand and Targett are fit how much game time Mcqueen will get as he's shown this week he is a reliable option. Also hope Boufal gets the start on Wednesday.

Cracking point, great defensive effort from all concerned, fair play to McQueen in particular, what a week he's had.

Still think Man City are the best team in the league, this point helps balance out some of those dropped earlier in the season.

Fee moans;

Clattenburg giving so many 50/50s their way, often followed up with a booking.

Games like that, Austin doesn't help enough no matter how hard he tries, doesn't have the pace to stretch their back line or hold the ball up and make it stick for a bit.

We're very reliant on VVD/Fonte/Romeu in such a game.

Such quiet support from both sides, amusing to see football tourists coming along for the spectacle of English football and just getting that.

Would imagine Boufal will start on Weds, definitely needs a few 90mins under his belt.

Great result.Completely agree with all points. I find Clattenburg infuriating- not just because he always seems to favour our opposition- but his general manner, A referee shouldn't revel in the drama and love being the centre of attention. They are there to observe and officiate when needed- not to be the star of the show which he clearly thinks he is. Thought captain Fonte was outstanding today- my MOM. Will be interesting to see when Bertrand and Targett are fit how much game time Mcqueen will get as he's shown this week he is a reliable option. Also hope Boufal gets the start on Wednesday.