Summer clearout

Pamplemousse

Would many Premier League clubs be keen on spending big money on J Rod? Maybe a newly promoted team needing to take a bit of a gamble.

He could do much worse than go back to Burnley.

Priorities for me:

Puel

Les

Ralph

Going nowhere with these clowns.

#zeroambition

Do we really need to go through this with you again? :mcinnes:

We are competing against clubs with significantly bigger incomes than us, offering huge wages to players. Can you please outline what Les Reed should have done differently, because if it involves holding Mane, Wanyama, Schneiderlin etc to their contracts... then we would have ended up with £0 for them when they refuse to sign a new deal and leave on a Bosman. That is a terrible way to run a business.

The only way anything can change in terms of player recruitment is...

1) We stop signing players the top clubs will want a few years later. Resulting in a decrease in quality in our squad... hey but at least we get to keep them for 8 years! :rolleyes:

Are you suggesting we should do that?

2) The club has a takeover by and extremely rich person/company who are willing to invest. But due to FFP rules, they'd be restricted what they could spend. Any infrastructure investment is exempt so that along with increasing commercial revenue is the only way to raise income and therefore spending on transfers/wages through FFP.

Do you want them to do that then? Well first we need that kind of takeover, so how about you don't post until that happens, because your relentless negative nonsense is beyond irritating on these forums.

To blame Reed and/or Krueger for "lacking ambition" is daft. Of course they have ambition for the club to reach the Champions League, but it isn't exactly easy vs clubs with significantly bigger incomes and an owner in Liebherr who wants to sell and is no longer investing in the club.

You don't ever listen to the rebuttals to your nonsense and roll out the same nonsense time after time even when it has been shown to be nonsense.

Who is out of contract this season?

Currently Caceres, Martina, Isgrove, Taylor, Hassen, Flannigan, J. McCarthy and scholars Rowthorn, N'Lundulu, Thomas, Mdlalose, Osborn, B. Cull, Langan, and Musendo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we really need to go through this with you again? :mcinnes:

We are competing against clubs with significantly bigger incomes than us, offering huge wages to players. Can you please outline what Les Reed should have done differently, because if it involves holding Mane, Wanyama, Schneiderlin etc to their contracts... then we would have ended up with £0 for them when they refuse to sign a new deal and leave on a Bosman. That is a terrible way to run a business.

The only way anything can change in terms of player recruitment is...

1) We stop signing players the top clubs will want a few years later. Resulting in a decrease in quality in our squad... hey but at least we get to keep them for 8 years! :rolleyes:

Are you suggesting we should do that?

2) The club has a takeover by and extremely rich person/company who are willing to invest. But due to FFP rules, they'd be restricted what they could spend. Any infrastructure investment is exempt so that along with increasing commercial revenue is the only way to raise income and therefore spending on transfers/wages through FFP.

Do you want them to do that then? Well first we need that kind of takeover, so how about you don't post until that happens, because your relentless negative nonsense is beyond irritating on these forums.

To blame Reed and/or Krueger for "lacking ambition" is daft. Of course they have ambition for the club to reach the Champions League, but it isn't exactly easy vs clubs with significantly bigger incomes and an owner in Liebherr who wants to sell and is no longer investing in the club.

You don't ever listen to the rebuttals to your nonsense and roll out the same nonsense time after time even when it has been shown to be nonsense.

How do Spurs keep players.

You're just making excuses mate.

How do Spurs keep players.

You're just making excuses mate.

:mcinnes: :mcinnes: :mcinnes:

Spurs have a significantly bigger income than us, and are about to pull further ahead in income with a new 60k stadium.

Plus in any case, they didn't keep... Bale or Modric

That is what happens in transfer pecking orders...

- Real Madrid have a bigger income than Spurs, so but their players.

- Spurs have a bigger income than Saints, so buy their players.

- Saints have a bigger income than Celtic, so buy their players.

This appears to be a concept you haven't been able to grasp! :mcinnes:

You may not like it, but this is the case in football worldwide, it has a pecking order and it is largely based on money.

Interesting you yet again fail and/or refuse to answer all my questions! Almost as if you don't take on board rebuttals to your nonsense and like to repeat all the same nonsense a few days later for eternity! :rolleyes:

(that is my 3rd & last post of the day, so I won't be responding after this)

Plus in any case, they didn't keep... Bale or Modric

That is what happens in transfer pecking orders...

- Real Madrid have a bigger income than Spurs, so but their players.

- Spurs have a bigger income than Saints, so buy their players.

- Saints have a bigger income than Celtic, so buy their players.

Bale and Modric - so examples from 5 and 6 years ago.

- Arsenal have a bigger income than Spurs, so (why dont they just) buy their players

- Man C have a bigger income than Spurs, so (why dont they just) buy their players

- Man U have a bigger income than Spurs, so (why dont they just) buy their players

- Liverpool have a bigger income than Spurs, so (why dont they just) buy their players

- Chelsea have a bigger income than Spurs, so (why dont they just) buy their players

I dont think many would object to us selling players to Real madrid, its the sales to Liverpool and alike we object to

Currently Caceres, Martina, Isgrove, Taylor, Hassen, Flannigan, J. McCarthy and scholars Rowthorn, N'Lundulu, Thomas, Mdlalose, Osborn, B. Cull, Langan, and Musendo

Cheers. Taylor was a completely pointless signing and unless Caceres suddenly starts playing, I imagine all the rest will leave, possibly with the exception of Jason McCarthy who has done very well out on loan and could become a decent squad player for us in the next year or two.

I imagine Taylor is surely also doing coaching stuff at the club, so not 'completely pointless'.

He's just as pointless here as he has been at every club he's been at over the last 5 years. I'm sure he's registered as a player to help with the home grown quota, but in essence he's probably just a coach in addition to Dave Watson. He's lived the last few years as a glorified squad quota filler.

Cheers. Taylor was a completely pointless signing and unless Caceres suddenly starts playing, I imagine all the rest will leave, possibly with the exception of Jason McCarthy who has done very well out on loan and could become a decent squad player for us in the next year or two.

Yes think McCarthy will get an extension. Rowthorn has been offered a pro deal as well but hasn't been announced as signed. Mdlalose would be the only other that might get a new deal but with the signing of Tella he might not get one now.

QUOTE=Cartman;2484004]

Forster - will be off anyway if rumour are true. Disappointing season and poor in the EFL Final. I put it down to an injury but that seems to have healed and he's still as mobile as a lamppost.

Clasie - agree, although feel he harshly treated after the WBA game, poor management. Was a strange signing by Koeman!

Gardos - going to be a loan somewhere in central Europe with us subbing half the wages

Long - would probably keep him on balance as even if finishing is off, at least pulls defenders around and makes space

Davis - great servant, maybe more of a squad option with a leaner squad. Isn't an AMC but has plastered over the lack of availability of good ones

Rodriguez - his family's tweets plus the bench tantrums are a give away. Hope Pulis still interested.

Austin - good finisher, if Puel stays I agree as Charlie doesn't suit the system but keep him if Puel goes as could be a good option for another manager

Tadic - reluctantly I agree and has had problems with Koeman then Puel.

Caceres - Not going to feature barring a dreaded injury to Yoshi or Jack so off in the summer. Done his cover job and got fitter.

Either Alex McCarthy or Hassen - Hassen yes, McCarthy no

Martina - free transfer. Done his job over 2 seasons

Reed - Yeah, hasn't kicked on disappointingly. Championship club for Harrison.

Either Pied or Jason McCarthy depending on whether McCarthy gets a new contract - Keep McCarthy - if Pied goes, Puel probably has

Isgrove - Revival of the Bristol City move on a free. Has ability but just hasn't done in the few first XI chances he's had

Taylor - glorified coach as others have said to bolster the home grown rule.

Targett - good crosser of the ball but Zaha had him on toast in last season's FA Cup and with McQueen's sudden emergence not needed. Shame as a local lad. If Bertrand goes we'll sign another LB surely?

Gazzaniga - Forgotten man and not pulled up any trees on loan. Quite a few clubs scouted him as well, including Perry Suckling at Everton. Not worked out.

Gallagher - Disagree, has a rare combination of pace and height. 4th choice striker and would probably have done better than J Rod in hindsight

Puel only if one of the following coaches are willing to come (all are out of contract this summer): Berizzo, Blanc, Marcelino, Roger Schmidt, Marco Silva, Valverde - Completely agree with this, Puel was a dogmatic choice with so many better and more charismatic choices available. Even if we are midtable again next year I don't mind if we are consistently half decent to watch again. Barely 1 goal per home league game is pathetic.

I was looking up Hertha's Pal Dardai to see when his contract was up, has anyone ever heard of a coach getting an indefinite contract? Dardai's contract doesn't have an end date, first time I have ever seen that.

Tadic has openly stated in a sky sports interview today that he will assess his situation at the end of the season.

He's off then.

I fully expect him to be benched from now on, given how is not the future of the club and all that

Tadic has openly stated in a sky sports interview today that he will assess his situation at the end of the season.

He's off then.

I wouldn't expect the club to be overally bothered if he does go to be honest. He would have gone last summer if Koeman had stayed. He's the sort of player you cannot pick over the manager... some of the others that aren't happy however would suggest all is not well in the dressing room.

I wouldn't expect the club to be overally bothered if he does go to be honest. He would have gone last summer if Koeman had stayed. He's the sort of player you cannot pick over the manager... some of the others that aren't happy however would suggest all is not well in the dressing room.

If Tadic goes we can at least rely on #16Prowsey and Davis to create the extremely numerous chances that Tadic has created, as they have shown on a regular basis this season.

If Tadic goes we can at least rely on #16Prowsey and Davis to create the extremely numerous chances that Tadic has created, as they have shown on a regular basis this season.

Exactly... Tadic would be a big loss (apart from his penalties). I think next season Redmond and Ward-Prowse are going to be big players for us, and hopefully Boufal and Hojberg, but I definitely wouldnt want Tadic to leave without another very promising creative player coming in.

How many times does Tadic get the ball, turn a man out of nowhere and get a ball into the box? Not his fault half our strike force are woeful. His is a bit up and down (like all creative players), but is a major asset to us, and not surprised he was a little annoyed at being constantly subbed when most of the time he's the only one who looks like he might make something happen.

If Tadic goes, I would expect us to replace him.... I think it's safe to assume that everyone 1st choice would be Sigurdsson.

If Tadic goes, I would expect us to replace him.... I think it's safe to assume that everyone 1st choice would be Sigurdsson.

No. Too expensive for his age, too slow, plays much higher up the pitch than most on here realize (he is really not a midfielder and has often been Swansea's most advanced player, although the same could be said for Tadic) and his stats are boosted by taking almost all of Swansea's set pieces.

No. Too expensive for his age, too slow, plays much higher up the pitch than most on here realize (he is really not a midfielder and has often been Swansea's most advanced player, although the same could be said for Tadic) and his stats are boosted by taking almost all of Swansea's set pieces.

You are crazy. Sigurdsson would be a massive upgrade on Tadic who it should be mentioned takes a fair chunk of our set pieces also. Sigurdsson is better player than Swansea and probaby a better player than what we can sign also. I reckon he goes to a top 7 club or stays at Swansea.

Having trawled the board, I have concluded the following need to leave, or be replaced:

Forster - Can't save anything

Stephens - Too inexperienced

Yoshida - Not reliable

Bertrand - Bust up with the manager

Davis - goal shy

Ward-Prowse - Can't do anyting except get picked for England

Tadic - Already announced his departure

Redmond - He's no Mane

Boufal - Not lived up to expectation

JRod - Never gonna be the same player

Shlong - Can't hit a cows arse with a banjo

Caceres - don't know why we signed him

Taylor - ditto

Austin - bad Influence

Who've I missed??

No idea how we're even mid-table.

And yet people want a summer with no upheaval.

Having trawled the board, I have concluded the following need to leave, or be replaced:

Forster - Can't save anything

Stephens - Too inexperienced

Yoshida - Not reliable

Bertrand - Bust up with the manager

Davis - goal shy

Ward-Prowse - Can't do anyting except get picked for England

Tadic - Already announced his departure

Redmond - He's no Mane

Boufal - Not lived up to expectation

JRod - Never gonna be the same player

Shlong - Can't hit a cows arse with a banjo

Caceres - don't know why we signed him

Taylor - ditto

Austin - bad Influence

Who've I missed??

No idea how we're even mid-table.

And yet people want a summer with no upheaval.

just shows what a terrible job the manager is doing to need a whole new team

I'd keep Long. He proved last season (17 goals) that he's an asset. Just needs to be played right.

If Puel does go this summer then Long could be back to his best next season.

Where on earth have you picked that stat from? He scored 13 in all competition and hit 10 in the league for the first time ever. He's got his uses (willing runner) but goal scorer he ain't.

Forster

Taylor

Gazzaniga

Martina

Gardos

Clasie

Reed-Loan

Jwp

Isgrove

Rodriguez

Buy:

Keeper..................Hart

Centreback..........Semedo

Centre def-mid.....Carvalho

Attacking mid.......Sigurdson

Squad:

Hart

McCarthy

Hassen

Soares

McCarthy

Pied

VvD

Semedo

Yoshida

Stephens

Bertrand

McQueen

Targett

Romeu

Carvalho

Hojbjerg

Davis

Sigurdson

Tadic

Hesketh

Boufal

Sims

Redmond

Gabbiadini

Austin

Long

Gallagher

If we wanted to sign those 4 players in particular, you're looking at £80-90m spend, and that's without us selling one of the 'stars' (i.e VVD, Bertrand etc).

So, as good as that would be, we're not in a position to splash out on all four of those at once.

It appears Ben Cull, who's currently suffering from Ewings Sarcoma (a form of bone cancer), has been offered an extension at the club.

Yeah, I heard that. They visited him in the hospital as part of the usual Hospital trip.

Hope he gets through it ok, fair play to the club for sticking by him.