January 18 transfer window

SKD

Looks like Slimani might be heading to Newcastle on loan. Whilst I'm okay with Carrillo coming in, we really should have been after Slimani instead.

Why? What has Slimani ever done in the PL? I think he's looked completley unfit for the PL. Hey, Carrillo may be as well, but Slimani wouldn't have been the answer.

So then. A world record fee for a defender and best player and it looks like all we will have to show for it is a big fee for a reserve striker with an underwhelming scoring record whose friends with a manager that is universally agreed to be poor and who has a record low win rate for us.

Not really sure where to start with that other than to shake my head and wonder how badly we had to mess up over the last two seasons to get ourselves in this absolute mess.

So then. A world record fee for a defender and best player and it looks like all we will have to show for it is a big fee for a reserve striker with an underwhelming scoring record whose friends with a manager that is universally agreed to be poor and who has a record low win rate for us.

Not really sure where to start with that other than to shake my head and wonder how badly we had to mess up over the last two seasons to get ourselves in this absolute mess.

See, I usually don't like the overly negative **** you regularly spout, but this is spot on.

#wemarchon

Lèandre Griffit‏ (@elgdix)

️so now i can say the players i was talking about lately ..

Cabella ( saint Étienne ) was contacted..

Ferry ( Lyon) was contacted

Ntep( wolburg) was contacted

Plea ( Nice ) was contacted..

Lamela ( spurs ) was contacted ..

Nothing happened !!! #saintsandproud #Southampton

https://twitter.com/elgdix/status/959058416907030529

Leandre's list...

Leandre's list...

Fortunately for us none of those moves happened. My, there's some gone downhill, cheap and cheerfull listed there. Update the bloody black box, it's obviously 3 or 4 years out of date. Oh and I presume Ferry means Jordan Ferri from Lyon.

Edited by Window Cleaner

https://twitter.com/elgdix/status/959058416907030529

Leandre's list...

I reckon Plea was the French lad who’s agent pulled him out last minute (early on in the window).

Leandre's list...

well it good that all the clubs secretive work on its black box is out in the open on social media. Whoever is giving him this info needs to have a talking to

well it good that all the clubs secretive work on its black box is out in the open on social media. Whoever is giving him this info needs to have a talking to
Not really. We didn't sign any of them so even if they are true, him knowing makes no difference other than highlighting how poor we are at getting transfers over the line.

I reckon Plea was the French lad who’s agent pulled him out last minute (early on in the window).

He probably looked at the cluster**** that is Pellegrino’s Southampton, and ran in the opposite direction.

It would not surprise me if many of the failures and disappointments of this transfer window, were caused directly by the board’s inexplicable decision to stick with Pellegrino through Dec and Jan.

He probably looked at the cluster**** that is Pellegrino’s Southampton, and ran in the opposite direction.

It would not surprise me if many of the failures and disappointments of this transfer window, were caused directly by the board’s inexplicable decision to stick with Pellegrino through Dec and Jan.

Given the fact that the 1 and only signing we were able to make was a former MP player, you're probably right.

Is this actually a dig at Les? Whilst I seriously question his managerial capabilities, this sounds like he's as frustrated as us about the lethargic way we tried to get our deals done.

Edited by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

:mcinnes:.

Spellbindingly moronic from us.

Is this actually a dig at Les? Whilst I seriously question his managerial capabilities' date=' this sounds like he's as frustrated about the lethargic way we tried to get our deals done.[/quote']

Possibly the nearest he's come to it.

Is this actually a dig at Les? Whilst I seriously question his managerial capabilities' date=' this sounds like he's as frustrated as us about the lethargic way we tried to get our deals done.[/quote']You would have thought we started before New year trying to sort deals

Nice swipe by MP

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Standard West Ham. They've also just had a bid rejected for Tom Cairney at Fulham.

Their owners had some unsavoury contact with some fans last week (regarding their lack of investment). Low and behold they are now shouting from the rooftops about any player. It's all just to appease the fans and to make it look like they're trying and that they have money, but I don’t expect anything to happen, apart from maybe a loan on the last day.

Their fans have real issues with their owners. I'm glad we don't have them running our joint.

They signed Arnautović for £20 million, we signed Carrillo for £19 million. It puts our owners and directors in perspective, doesn't it, and shows just how badly our club is being run.