• Davis
    • Boufal
    • Tadic
    • JWP
    • Austin
    • Lemina
    • Long
    • Yoshida

They also don't tell you about the quality of oppostion.

Our game plan wasn't overly different to the one we've used all season at home.We still played one up, we still tried to play a possession game, we still passed backwards and sideways a plenty, we still played it to slowly at times and had we the lions share of possession.

We weren't overloading oppostion box any more than normal ( Austin had two defenders on him for both his goals), we didnt put in more crosses than normal (better quality because of the amount of space and time the players got). The idea that we some how turned a corner yesterday and the manager suddenly got it right were he has been getting it wrong ( at home at least) is erroneous with better finishing we should have got similar results in several home games.

We played the same as we have in almost every home game this season and got results because Austin knows how to finish and Everton where woeful. Our third goal, for example, was ridiculous Tadic slows the move down ( a pretty common occurrence this season) loses the ball and yet despite five blue shirts is able to retrieve the ball under no pressure and dink in a cross it wasn't even Sunday league level defending from Everton.

Doesn't mean I didn't love every minute of Sundays game doesn't mean I don't think we didn't play well. But the idea some are putting forward the manager finally got it right after weeks of getting it wrong just doesn't work for me if anything I imagine MoPe feels totally vindicated that he has stuck to his style and formation.

Right. Btw although I was being cynical about your stats reference, I wasn't necessarily doubting your conclusion about our performance, your comments are just as interesting to me as more positive ones. Although I suppose it depends on the angle you're coming at it from (i.e. a) we've been good but unlucky all season or b) we're still not great but anyone would look good against Everton) As I said originally, I didn't watch the game and you can't really get an idea of overall performance just from highlights. I guess it's difficult to ringfence how much of your own performance is due to the opposition. Perhaps we'll get the best idea from our games with Bournemouth and Leicester.

Sorry I couldn't read what you wrote . It all came up as Blah Blah Blah with a dose of misguided gloating .

You really need to try harder . You know, like commenting on games with an opinion rather than attempting to bite at other posters [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

:lol:

You have my sympathies as you seen unable to have a clue what you are on about..

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Hopefully this will be his first relegation...

Unfortunately can't see it. No matter how pants they are right now I think they will have enough to see them safe. He has enough time and games to sort them out back to front, so I reckon they'll be fine.

Allardyce confirmed at Everton...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11148852/everton-agree-deal-with-sam-allardyce-to-become-new-manager

Reading some of the Everton's fans comments about this in Twitter - it's hilarious.

Hiring big Sam (or Pulis) is basically a clubs board admitting they are in the **** and it's time for damage limitation. Bit of a come down for big spending, top four smashing super club Everton. Still he'll do a job and keep them up.

Hiring big Sam (or Pulis) is basically a clubs board admitting they are in the **** and it's time for damage limitation. Bit of a come down for big spending, top four smashing super club Everton. Still he'll do a job and keep them up.

True, he will. The interesting part will actually be next season. Given how the 'Koeman project' went, is the new owner going to be willing to fund BFS to the tune of another 150 million to spunk on players again in order to achieve the top four status.

Once burnt, twice shy and all that.

BigSam went to Sunderland and his methods didn't work until right at the end when they got a couple of big wins , Chelsea away I think was one, and they were saved by the skin of their teeth. Noguarentee he will do so again. Although he may have a decent squad to work with. Duncan Ferguson centre forward then

BigSam went to Sunderland and his methods didn't work until right at the end when they got a couple of big wins , Chelsea away I think was one, and they were saved by the skin of their teeth. Noguarentee he will do so again. Although he may have a decent squad to work with. Duncan Ferguson centre forward then
so, his methods worked then?

This is the guy who was charged with regenerating the England team and I reckon he would have done it, had his ego and greed not got in the way. Allardyce deserves more credit and respect for what he has achieved and the way he has achieved it.

That may be so, and I agree that he isn't as bad as people make out. BUT.....top 4, maybe PL winners, going to conquer Europe, best manager in the country, bright future, minted owner, blah blah blah.

First mistake with the Toffees was to believe the hype about their owner. FGS he was an accountant. They don't become billionaires over night. Then the next problem was thinking that they could buy their way into the top 4, a bit like West Ham think that they can buy their way up the league. Everton have a net spend over the past 5 years of £120m, and if they have managed to flog Ross B (and try they did, damn hard in fact), then that would be nearer £70m. By contrast, Man City have spent nearly £600m net over the past 5 years, of which £300m was since Pep arrived. And of that money spent, we know that it was shockingly badly wasted with no striker. If Sam can get one banging in a few goals, then they might be OK. For Koeman to take their only striker and freeze him out, seemed a little odd. As it is, Sam should be OK, as he has in the past used a 4-6-0 line up, and with the plethora of Nº10s

This appointment has divided their fanbase. They’ve gone from smashing the glass ceiling to scrambling desperately out of the basement. Some Evertonians are so disgruntled they’re saying they’d prefer relegation to Allardyce.

And the reported 6 million a year for his services seems like an awful lot of money for Sam Allardyce. If they have to pay Koeman, plus Crystal Palace as reported in the media then Everton may end up spending around 14 million on managers this season.

They should have broken the bank for a world class manager like Puel

They tried that with Koeman, look how that turned out... :lol:

They will never be anything more than s hite to average like the rest of us and will be regarded as deluded if they think they can be anything else

and currently they are utter s hite

True, he will. The interesting part will actually be next season. Given how the 'Koeman project' went, is the new owner going to be willing to fund BFS to the tune of another 150 million to spunk on players again in order to achieve the top four status.

Once burnt, twice shy and all that.

Sorry to be a pedant but it is "once bitten, twice shy" !

:)