• Davis
    • Boufal
    • Tadic
    • JWP
    • Austin
    • Lemina
    • Long
    • Yoshida

Great performance and a very entertaining game. We can look forward to more of the same with Charlie Austin in the team. All of those wasted crosses the team has been putting into the opposition box for months, just for nobody to be there, apart from opposition defenders, can now be turned into goals. I remember when Pelle was sold and fans were saying it's OK, we've got Austin. But, then the managers didn't play him. Hopefully, Pellegrino has seen the light now.

Same with Puel last season. We weren't scoring and Austin got a shot during International play. He scored some goals and he stayed in the line-up until he got hurt. Still he had to wait for other line-ups not to work before he got a chance.

I'd have said the other way around - Hoj / Lem - but whichever we cannot drop Captain Davo so who would miss out JWP + 1?

We really should though. Well taken goal today, but in possession and defensively he looked off the pace more than any outfield player (and wasn't it his pointlessly chipped ball to Bertrand that caused the turnover that led to their goal?).

When we needed leadership and drive in the second half, it came from Hoj rather than SD.

GOALS! Austin made so much difference, so unlucky first half, good headers second although how he ended up with two free headers only Jagielka, Williams and Keane will know. Michael Keane cost what - £27m? Dyche laughing his head off and re-invested well.

If MP has been told 'be more positive where possible, or we will have to make a decision shortly' then good, although injuries and suspensions may have forced his hand today. Either way, it was darned sight more positive as a set up.

Cedric, Boufal, Bertrand all excellent and joint MOTM to Austin and PEH. Three of that group have been out of the Reed/MP clique but made their opportunity count today. Bertrand looked far more alive with Boufal in front of him, think he'd given up not so much on SFC but having Championship Nathan Redmond ahead of him. VVD poor but he'll be off anyway. Fraser could have brought a Kindle, no chance with their goal.

WTF has happened to Morgan? Man U seems to have destroyed him even more than it has Moyes. Being called 'Cowdarlin' on GOT. Also remarked that they wanted to leave Martina back with us. Everton played him at LB Thursday - no wonder they conceded 5.

Best performance of the season. Was worried when I saw the line up, but JWP & PEH played really really well. Boufal now resembles a footballer rather than a 5 a side play station player and I thought Wes played really well. Even The Mummy did ok. Managers tactics and substitutions were spot on.

Amazing what having a goal scorer can do for a side, although let's not get carried away Everton were woeful.

I've been pretty critical of our support, but it was good today. All in all a satisfying day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent result, although can't get carried away with it given how woeful Everton are looking, but we still had to manage to put the ball in the goal which has alluded us in most games.

Wonder if Pellegrino is now on the Everton wishlist.

I laugh that even in victory the manager never looks happy, it was like getting blood from a stone him praising any of the players today in the interview with Saints tv.

Thought it was great when he was infuriated when Boufal backheeled - good on Boufal. Delighted at the result today but was probably grumpy at being forced to pick Boufal, PEH and Austin and then them winning us the game and giving us the performances and goals he's helped starve us of.

Very thin paper over very large cracks....

Dont know whether to applaud Charlie Austin for his goals or curse him for giving MoPe another months employment and bringing us even closer to relegation...

Flippin eck Alpine, can't you just enjoy the win today and then worry about the rest tomorrow!

WTF

No wonder his confidence is shot with 'fans' like you behind him!!

The guy did nothing wrong today but don't let that get in your way of looking for a scapegoat!!

Lurch will get paid £80k a week for the next 5 years and be the second best goalkeeper on the pitch in nearly every Premiership game he plays.

If his confidence is shattered by me excluding him from a MOTM poll then we have even bigger problems than I thought.

He’s ****ing ****e. Name me which Prem clubs first team he gets in?

Granted that was as poor an Everton side as we will probably ever see, however you still have to dispatch teams like that and we did so with some style. As others have said we get good crosses in most game but there is rarely anyone hungry to get towards six yard box to finish. Cue Austin!

I thought both fullbacks, JWP, PEH and Boufal were excellent too throughout. Been critical of MP, deservedly so, but well done to the manager too. Let’s hope he has learned something from today, and it will do wonders to confidence.

The fans where right behind Forster today he even got a round of applause when he caught ball from a corner.

Was that not a bit sarcastic though? Sounded like the initial cheer was but then perhaps got drowned out by genuine applause. TBH the fact there was any sort of reaction to such a routine bit of goalkeeping tells it's own story about how cr@p he's been.

I honestly think if they went down it would be the best thing that has ever happened in the whole history of football. Silly ******s coming on here to gloat about poaching Koeman. Poetic justice never had more relevance.

Would love Everton to go down. Do chuckle how genuinely s**t their European campaign was, made ours look good. For such a grand old team too.

A great win and finally we played differently to how we have done for weeks. We actually moved the ball quickly and had some good passing movements. Bit disappointed that it took injuries and suspensions to players to force changes that allowed hojberg and Austin to show what they can do. We really should have played Austin against Liverpool but it appears he has proved a point now and I would be playing him- fitness permitting- at every opportunity.

I now want to see more of the same against City. I expect a loss but I want to see the same style of football and preferably the same players. If we revert back to the same football and players that have failed so far this season then i will still want pellegrino out. Please keep this going saints.

I’d like a nod to JWP after this. I thought he was fantastic. Great attacking play, good passing, work rate, pace to run to the by line. Always liked him as a player but thought he proved it today. While I like Davis a lot, I think our strongest team is the one today but with Lemina/Romeu in central midfield. And not just cos it was against limp opposition...

A great win and finally we played differently to how we have done for weeks. We actually moved the ball quickly and had some good passing movements. Bit disappointed that it took injuries and suspensions to players to force changes that allod hojberg and Austin to show what they can do. We really should have played Austin against Liverpool but it appears he has proved a point now and I would be playing him- fitness permitting- at every opportunity.

I now want to see more of the same against City. I expect a loss but I want to see the same style of football and preferably the same players. If we revert back to the same football and players that have failed so far this season then i will still want pellegrino out. Please keep this going saints.

We didn't play differently it was much the same as we have played all season the main difference was we took our chances when they came and Everton let us play they didn't press us or fight for the second ball at all.

We still played backwards and sideways alot and our build up was still to slow at times as well.

We didn't play differently it was much the same as we have played all season the main difference was we took our chances when they came and Everton let us play they didn't press us or fight for the second ball at all.

We still played backwards and sideways alot and our build up was still to slow at times as well.

I'm sorry but I can't agree with you at all. Backheels and flicks today, positive balls forward to the byline and then effective crosses in. The first goal came from an attacking move. We haven't scored one of them since he West ham game ffs! Lots more chances and I didn't consider our moves slow at all. Overall a big improvement.

I’d like a nod to JWP after this. I thought he was fantastic. Great attacking play, good passing, work rate, pace to run to the by line. Always liked him as a player but thought he proved it today. While I like Davis a lot, I think our strongest team is the one today but with Lemina/Romeu in central midfield. And not just cos it was against limp opposition...

This.

He was excellent. Always gives 100% and is proud to wear the shirt, surely it's all we ask for? I thought him and Austin & Tadic linked up well, but PEH in midfield was awesome. A great team effort, ok, against a very very poor side, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel again. Feeling positive for the first time in a long time!

Someone mentioned Morgan if his name hadn't been on the team sheet most of us would not have realised he was playing he is the shadow of the player that was with us but that can be said about most of the ones that have moved on in recent years.

I will enjoy today's performance and victory and the return of exciting attacking football and worry tomorrow if we have really turned a corner.

Without wanting to put a downer on things, that was one of the worst visiting Premiership sides i have seen for a very long time and anything other than a comfortable win would have been criminal.

This.

He was excellent. Always gives 100% and is proud to wear the shirt, surely it's all we ask for? I thought him and Austin & Tadic linked up well, but PEH in midfield was awesome. A great team effort, ok, against a very very poor side, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel again. Feeling positive for the first time in a long time!

Agreed. He is far more important to the team than a set piece taker. Links play, works hard. Great understanding with Davis. Far better than Redmond, who we missed today not one little bit.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I got the feeling that today MoPe played the side he didn't really want to play, but was becoming desperate. Now they won and did well and he seems bummed. I think he's very stubborn. Maybe soon he'll be forced to play Gabbi and Austin upfront together, then he'll really be ****y.

I'm sorry but I can't agree with you at all. Backheels and flicks today, positive balls forward to the byline and then effective crosses in. The first goal came from an attacking move. We haven't scored one of them since he West ham game ffs! Lots more chances and I didn't consider our moves slow at all. Overall a big improvement.

Just goes to show people see what they want we took our chances (something we have struggled to do all season) hence great attacking performance had we played like that and not scored no one would be saying it was a great display.

Just goes to show people see what they want we took our chances hence great attacking performance had we played like that and not scored no one would be saying it was a great display.
Well yes but you could say that about virtually every performance. The fact is we did score and we scored some goals with some decent attacking moves- moves that we have done incredibly rarely this season.

Just goes to show people see what they want we took our chances (something we have struggled to do all season) hence great attacking performance had we played like that and not scored no one would be saying it was a great display.

??? We have played well, taken our chances, won comfortably, and people are pleased but they shouldn't be because we could have missed our chances and not won.

??? We have played well, taken our chances, won comfortably, and people are pleased but they shouldn't be because we could have missed our chances and not won.
I think his point was that in his mind we won but didn't play any better than we normally do other than scoring. I strongly disagree abd my suspicion is that my view would be the majority one.

I think his point was that in his mind we won but didn't play any better than we normally do other than scoring. I strongly disagree abd my suspicion is that my view would be the majority one.

Agree. Isn't that the point, to eventually score. Some people are caught up with only pace, but what good is it if in the end it doesn't create goals? I'd take a pacey enough, but a little more controlled, attack it if creates better scoring opportunities and gets guys on the pitch who will finish them.

I VEHEMENTLY disagree (with him, not you). We played and won well today, don't get why people can't just enjoy it.

Agreed, as poor as Everton were today we have played other teams that were also poor and failed to COmfortably win / or have an attacking thread against.

I VEHEMENTLY disagree (with him, not you). We played and won well today, don't get why people can't just enjoy it.
I think most people are enjoying it. I really can't understand though how someone coukd have watched that performance and seen no difference to how we normally play. It was night and day.

Agreed, as poor as Everton were today we have played other teams that were also poor and failed to COmfortably win / or have an attacking thread against.
I don't even think it's the scoring. Had we played like that today and failed to score obviously everyone would be annoyed in light of our poor run of form but I would still have considered it an improved performance from what we have dished up lately.

I don't even think it's the scoring. Had we played like that today and failed to score obviously everyone would be annoyed in light of our poor run of form but I would still have considered it an improved performance from what we have dished up lately.

Indeed. Attacking intent, doubling up on runners and coherent passing. Even Fraser wasn't at fault for the goal. A great difference! As Man City will be a probable loss, let's hope for more of the same against Bournemouth, and not a reversion. Shame we can't play that Everton side every week, pathetic display given the collective wage they are on. Oh and lol at Ashley Williams.

Thought it was great when he was infuriated when Boufal backheeled - good on Boufal. Delighted at the result today but was probably grumpy at being forced to pick Boufal, PEH and Austin and then them winning us the game and giving us the performances and goals he's helped starve us of.

I got the feeling that today MoPe played the side he didn't really want to play, but was becoming desperate. Now they won and did well and he seems bummed. I think he's very stubborn. Maybe soon he'll be forced to play Gabbi and Austin upfront together, then he'll really be ****y.

You two seem p issed we won today.. weird

So so SO much better all round by all 11 in the TEAM. TEAM I stress not 11 ego driven individuals, so bye bye Redmond, hope he learns from that. As with any win you need a bit of luck, like Dusans dodgy scuffed finish…and the build unto goal 3, but you earn that through hard work. Such a satisfying 24 hours now glowing in a haze of red wine