The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

1 hour ago, Tamesaint said:

It's funny isn't it. Duckie seems to have missed this part of your post. He has contributed 5 times to this thread since you asked the question but he hasn't answered.

You don't think by any chance that he is unable to locate any Brexit benefits ? 😁😁😁

It’s interesting that on my recent trips to Denmark and Sweden people of a similar age, employment and background to me all have exactly the same gripes with their country and lots do with ours. It’s almost like we aren’t the only country with issues 

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It’s interesting that on my recent trips to Denmark and Sweden people of a similar age, employment and background to me all have exactly the same gripes with their country and lots do with ours. It’s almost like we aren’t the only country with issues 

But they haven't cut off their nation's nose to spite it's face in a fit of xenophobic hysteria.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

But they haven't cut off their nation's nose to spite its h of face in a fit of xenophobic hysteria.

ah of course everyone that voted leave is a xenophobic racist who hates their own kids more than immigrants 

In the nordics There don’t seem to be people desperate for the country to go to shit so they can sit there smugly saying I told you so either. 

Edited by Turkish

33 minutes ago, Turkish said:

ah of course everyone that voted leave is a xenophobic racist who hates their own kids more than immigrants 

Of course not, there are many reasons why people voted to leave the EU, but migration and freedom of movement played a significant part in the leave side's propaganda. Why do you think Farage produced his infamous poster about Turkey ?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Of course not, there are many reasons why people voted to leave the EU, but migration and freedom of movement played a significant part in the leave side's propaganda. Why do you think Farage produced his infamous poster about Turkey ?

So why did you claim the nation cut its nose off to spite its face in xenophobic hysteria?

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

In the nordics There don’t seem to be people desperate for the country to go to shit so they can sit there smugly saying I told you so either. 

This is utter bollocks.  Are you seriously saying that those of us who voted to remain and who are still waiting to see any benefits from Brexit are 'desperate for the country to go to shit'? I rarely agree with you but can usually see where you are coming from.  This time you just sound bitter and twisted.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

So why did you claim the nation cut its nose off to spite its face in xenophobic hysteria?

Because that is my interpretation of the Brexit referendum and it's consequences.

Can you answer that often posed question ? What are the tangible benefits that have manifested themselves as a consequence of the UK voting to leave the EU ? After all it is now approaching the 7th anniversary of the vote.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

This is utter bollocks.  Are you seriously saying that those of us who voted to remain and who are still waiting to see any benefits from Brexit are 'desperate for the country to go to shit'? I rarely agree with you but can usually see where you are coming from.  This time you just sound bitter and twisted.

Oh come on, don’t you ever go on social media? Since the referendum there have been many many people who voted remain revelling in any shred of bad news very much in an I told you I was right way. 

3 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Because that is my interpretation of the Brexit referendum and it's consequences.

Can you answer that often posed question ? What are the tangible benefits that have manifested themselves as a consequence of the UK voting to leave the EU ? After all it is now approaching the 7th anniversary of the vote.

Your interpretation was the country voted fo leave because people were in xenophobic hysteria? So why pretend you think there were many other reasons why people voted to leave? Just be honest, you think a lot of people voted to leave are racist. 

19 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Please visit the Brexit thread where all the benefits are outlined in great detail.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Your interpretation was the country voted fo leave because people were in xenophobic hysteria? So why pretend you think there were many other reasons why people voted to leave? Just be honest, you think a lot of people voted to leave are racist. 

Depends on how you define "a lot". Certainly enough for it to be a key demographic for Leave.EU to target. Again, I refer you to Farage's poster.

Look back at the post referendum coverage of people telling suspected immigrants to "go back home";

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/27/sadiq-khan-muslim-council-britain-warning-of-post-brexit-racism

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Depends on how you define "a lot". Certainly enough for it to be a key demographic for Leave.EU to target. Again, I refer you to Farage's poster.

Look back at the post referendum coverage of people telling suspected immigrants to "go back home";

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/27/sadiq-khan-muslim-council-britain-warning-of-post-brexit-racism

Indeed I wouldn’t say 85 incidents of xenophobia in a country of 60 million people is a lot at all, despite the dramatic headline attention grabbing claims of a 57% increase 

still this made me chuckle sort of thing I imagine Sog would do, who must spend all day every day on this forum given he liked a lot of posts today within minutes of people making them 🤣🤣

“By Monday afternoon, the reception desk had been inundated with flowers and cards from locals expressing solidarity and good wishes.

One of the cards read: “Dear Poles, I am so sorry to hear about what happened yesterday. We, the Brits are grateful to you for fighting alongside us in the war and now for the enormous contribution you make to our society. We love you.”

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Even the Georgian relic, Jacob Rees-Mogg, who can spout gibberish on most subjects, was pretty much stumped when given the job of explaining the benefits of Brexit to us plebs. No surprise though that there are still a few hard of thinking individuals who still can’t see that leaving the single market has caused massive problems for our economy and standard of living.

Getting back on track, another gob smacking piece of Tory bollocks has landed via the gift that keeps on giving, Michael Gove. Despite having told the world a few years ago that Boris Johnson was not a fit person for the office of PM, he would now have us believe that Johnson “is a man of integrity”. This is despite the fact that he has a proven track record of lying to his many wives, the readers of The Times, the readers of The Daily Telegraph, The Queen, Parliament, the people of London and in fact, pretty much everybody.

Not surprising in itself, a senior Tory making a total arse of himself and not having the self awareness to realise that he has completely contradicted himself. What is sad though is that we just put up with this guff. This happens time and again and we let it go. The French would hound these buffoons out of office but we just roll our eyes and hope that they get voted out at the next election. What is even sadder is that there are people, a few of them on here, who will continue to vote for these charlatans no matter what they say or do. It is one thing to treat the part of the electorate who vote for other parties as fools, but to treat your own supporters as gullible simpletons takes it to another level.

56 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Indeed I wouldn’t say 85 incidents of xenophobia in a country of 60 million people is a lot at all, despite the dramatic headline attention grabbing claims of a 57% increase

85 incidents in 4 days.

"“It’s no coincidence this has come off the back of the EU vote,” said a police source."

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

I’ll give you a Brexit benefit.

Since Brexit, I’ve gained Irish citizenship. Irish passport incoming. So I get to enjoy the previous land of EU milk and honey, plus gaining on all the as yet undefined Brexit benefits. And I didn’t even have to vote for it 😎 

Tam O’Kraken to play me in the film.

4 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

85 incidents in 4 days.

"“It’s no coincidence this has come off the back of the EU vote,” said a police source."

Up from 57 the previous 4 days the week before. so 28 more incidents in a country of 60m. Wow. That sounds like a cauldron of xenophobic hysteria 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Please visit the Brexit thread where all the benefits are outlined in great detail.

Can you give me a brief summary of all the benefits. I cannot seem to find them on the Brexit thread. (apart from illiterate lorry drivers now rolling in cash).😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Up from 57 the previous 4 days the week before. so 28 more incidents in a country of 60m. Wow. That sounds like a cauldron of xenophobic hysteria 🤣🤣

Shall we call a truce ? ( Unless you are being deliberately obtuse ). You hold a particular view, I hold a different one. We both have better things to do.

3 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Shall we call a truce ? ( Unless you are being deliberately obtuse ). You hold a particular view, I hold a different one. We both have better things to do.

No problem have a good evening pal 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Even the Georgian relic, Jacob Rees-Mogg, who can spout gibberish on most subjects, was pretty much stumped when given the job of explaining the benefits of Brexit to us plebs. No surprise though that there are still a few hard of thinking individuals who still can’t see that leaving the single market has caused massive problems for our economy and standard of living.

Getting back on track, another gob smacking piece of Tory bollocks has landed via the gift that keeps on giving, Michael Gove. Despite having told the world a few years ago that Boris Johnson was not a fit person for the office of PM, he would now have us believe that Johnson “is a man of integrity”. This is despite the fact that he has a proven track record of lying to his many wives, the readers of The Times, the readers of The Daily Telegraph, The Queen, Parliament, the people of London and in fact, pretty much everybody.

Not surprising in itself, a senior Tory making a total arse of himself and not having the self awareness to realise that he has completely contradicted himself. What is sad though is that we just put up with this guff. This happens time and again and we let it go. The French would hound these buffoons out of office but we just roll our eyes and hope that they get voted out at the next election. What is even sadder is that there are people, a few of them on here, who will continue to vote for these charlatans no matter what they say or do. It is one thing to treat the part of the electorate who vote for other parties as fools, but to treat your own supporters as gullible simpletons takes it to another level.

What a load of pony. 

44 minutes ago, Turkish said:

riots in France against their government, Germany rail and bus network at a standstill due to strikes over pay, these bloody tories get everywhere 

Are you trying to turn into Batman?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Maybe that's a Brexit benefit for Tamesaint - our strikes and riots aren't as crippling as those in Europe?

If you are going to mention Brexit benefits , please keep them on the Brexit thread. 

😁😁

Edited by Tamesaint
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

85 incidents in 4 days.

Anyone with half a brain will realise that the reported numbers are just the tip of the iceberg. Reports on social media, phone in shows etc are full of anecdotal evidence of “foreigners” being told to “go back home” post Brexit. I prefer to believe the people on the end of the abuse rather than an ignorant internet troll who seems to adopts the daily attitude that if something doesn’t happen to them then it isn’t a big deal. It is a well known fact that narcissists do not have empathy and that tells you all you need to know. I admire your efforts to deal with the least informed but most opinionated poster on here, but you are wasting your time. He is not interested in issues, he is only interested in forum notoriety. Any attention is good attention and you will never win. I just feel sorry for the firm who pay him to work as he seems to spend his days on here on the wind up rather than actually working.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Not sure what it achieves trying to say that Brexit has made us more anti-immigration. Far more complex matters at play IMO.

General discontent always will lead to rise in populism, which loves to feed off a scapegoat ie the illegal immigrants. Foolhardy to think immigration isn’t an issue for anyone other than racists.

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Anyone with half a brain will realise that the reported numbers are just the tip of the iceberg. Reports on social media, phone in shows etc are full of anecdotal evidence of “foreigners” being told to “go back home” post Brexit. I prefer to believe the people on the end of the abuse rather than an ignorant internet troll who seems to adopts the daily attitude that if something doesn’t happen to them then it isn’t a big deal. It is a well known fact that narcissists do not have empathy and that tells you all you need to know. I admire your efforts to deal with the least informed but most opinionated poster on here, but you are wasting your time. He is not interested in issues, he is only interested in forum notoriety. Any attention is good attention and you will never win. I just feel sorry for the firm who pay him to work as he seems to spend his days on here on the wind up rather than actually working.

this is hilarious. This is from the attention seeking narcissist who stuck his nose into a conversation not involving him to carry on a discussion 14 hours after the two people involved in it had agreed a truce launching a volley of abuse as part of his engagement  :lol:

You're losing it mate.

8 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Hindu Prime Minister, Muslim First Minister in Scotland and Mayor of London, and an Atheist LOTO with a Jewish Family

There we are.

👏

PS, the appointment of the new FM is great for those who want to keep the UK together.

Cor!

15 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Hindu Prime Minister, Muslim First Minister in Scotland and Mayor of London, and an Atheist LOTO with a Jewish Family

There we are.

👏

PS, the appointment of the new FM is great for those who want to keep the UK together.

I wont rest until we've got an LGBT and disabled person in the cabinet.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, whelk said:

Not sure what it achieves trying to say that Brexit has made us more anti-immigration. Far more complex matters at play IMO.

General discontent always will lead to rise in populism, which loves to feed off a scapegoat ie the illegal immigrants. Foolhardy to think immigration isn’t an issue for anyone other than racists.

It is one thing being an issue Whelk, but another when the issues are either based around xenophobia or far right policies.

34 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

There we are.

👏

I feel sorry for you Batman. I would have said this was your worst nightmare but it gives you someone else to search when looking to copy your anti foreigner/Muslim/any other “dodgy” religion material from Twitter.

Edited by sadoldgit
Changed text
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

It is one thing being an issue Whelk, but another when the issues are either based around xenophobia or far right policies.

I feel sorry for you Batman. I would have said this was your worst nightmare but it gives you someone else to search when looking to copy your anti foreigner/Muslim/any other “dodgy” religion material from Twitter.

Dont feel sorry for anyone else Sog, its frigging hilarious you are logged into this forum all day, liking posts within minutes that you agree with despite that fact you've got hours between when you can post again and then when you do your post is usually about another poster on here. It's great to see we are still living rent free in your head. 👏 👏👏

So is the new SNP fella going to be asked as a Muslim you agree Mohammed would sanction gay marriages and sex? You know like they made a fuss about a Christian woman standing so just trying to understand the Muslim viewpoint?

2 hours ago, whelk said:

So is the new SNP fella going to be asked as a Muslim you agree Mohammed would sanction gay marriages and sex? You know like they made a fuss about a Christian woman standing so just trying to understand the Muslim viewpoint?

Doesn't look like it. His team briefed against Forbes while keeping him well away from any tricky questions. Even then he had to change from being the continuity candidate to the progressive one, as details on the bin fire of his party made continuity toxic. Also some suggestions he may back track on challenging the block to their gender bill.

Edit: forgot to also add from the Beeb:

But Mr Yousaf has also faced questions over his failure to take part in the final vote on gay marriage in 2014, which he said was due to having a vital meeting about a Scot who was being held on death row in Pakistan on blasphemy charges.

Alex Salmond, who was first minister at the time, told Sky News that Mr Yousaf had missed the vote because of religious pressure from a Glasgow mosque - an allegation Mr Yousaf has strongly denied.

Edited by Holmes_and_Watson

11 hours ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Alex Salmond, who was first minister at the time, told Sky News that Mr Yousaf had missed the vote because of religious pressure from a Glasgow mosque - an allegation Mr Yousaf has strongly denied.

Was he only wearing his socks when he told them?

On 25/03/2023 at 11:04, AlexLaw76 said:

James O'brien is pretty vile on his LBC show (although, the anything hour - can't remember the actual title - is pretty good).

He arrogantly claims he is never wrong, yet he cosied up to the views of a lunatic (on air for many week) called Carl Beech (sentenced to 18 years inside). O'brien continued to host calls with lunatics lying on the air, about child abuse by 'named persons in the public domain' as claimed by Beech, despite being told the claims were untrue by his producers.

But he hates Tory's, so that is all fine.

“He arrogantly claims that he is never wrong”. This is just not true. I only started to listen to LBC regularly a few months ago but I have heard him admit that he has been wrong about something several times. He also fronts up when he doesn’t know much about a subject and bows to someone’s superior knowledge. This week alone I have heard him say that he was going to deal with a subject that he knew little about in depth so to bear with him, hardly the action of a “know all”. You may have based your comment on his views about Brexit and the poor state of the current government, but I have yet to hear anyone get the better of him over Brexit or the ineptitude of the last few PMs/cabinets. Given the lack of support in our media for anything slightly left of centre we need people like James O’Brien for a (small) element of balance, or would you prefer more of the like of GB news?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Given the lack of support in our media for anything slightly left of centre we need people like James O’Brien for a (small) element of balance, or would you prefer more of the like of GB news?

What are you on about? The media is stuffed full of Blairitte pinko’s.

I know you like to think of yourself as somehow radical, an outsider speaking truth, but your views are held by the establishment now. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I know you like to think of yourself as somehow radical, an outsider speaking truth, but your views are held by the establishment now. 

The trouble with you Duckie is that anyone to the left of John Redwood is a pinko in your eyes.😁😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Blairite? Wake up grandad it’s 2023

• Haha 3

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/2023/apr/03/nspcc-warns-against-framing-grooming-gangs-problem-as-ethnicity-based

More vile politicking from Suella Braverman. We are used to Batman’s constant posts about Asian rapists whilst completely ignoring sex crimes committed by white men, but when the Home Secretary wilfully ignores the facts and targets one specific group of people, then we have a major problem. Another example of dog whistling from this useless, incompetent Government and another chunk of red meat thrown to the hard of thinking in time for the May elections. Cue confused or laughing emojis from those who fall for this dreadful woman’s bullshit and some pathetic posts trying to justify her attempts to stoke up a culture war.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/2023/apr/03/nspcc-warns-against-framing-grooming-gangs-problem-as-ethnicity-based

More vile politicking from Suella Braverman. We are used to Batman’s constant posts about Asian rapists whilst completely ignoring sex crimes committed by white men, but when the Home Secretary wilfully ignores the facts and targets one specific group of people, then we have a major problem. Another example of dog whistling from this useless, incompetent Government and another chunk of red meat thrown to the hard of thinking in time for the May elections. Cue confused or laughing emojis from those who fall for this dreadful woman’s bullshit and some pathetic posts trying to justify her attempts to stoke up a culture war.

Give it a rest you boring cunt

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

The majority of child abusers in the country are white. Of course, it is a significantly a white country.

Did those from certain communities get away with it, despite being common knowledge amongst local authorities, because of fear of political correctness?

Yes, and it has been proven. 

I doubt they would have got away with it, if people like you didnt demand others 'shut up for the sake of diversity'

Interesting, you would prefer a 2-tier system, instead of everyone being treated the same - how odd

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

The majority of child abusers in the country are white. Of course, it is a significantly a white country.

Did those from certain communities get away with it, despite being common knowledge amongst local authorities, because of fear of political correctness?

Yes, and it has been proven. 

I doubt they would have got away with it, if people like you didnt demand others 'shut up for the sake of diversity'

Interesting, you would prefer a 2-tier system, instead of everyone being treated the same - how odd

What is odd is that rather than being glad the government are dealing with the issue of child grooming gangs in the worst effected areas, it appears he’d rather let it happen than convict a few non white people. What a sick, twisted bitter individual. 

In January the Department of Health said there would be 800 new ambulances, "additional capacity", by the end of next year. Now it emerges that only 350 additional ambulances will be put into service, the other 450 will be replacements for existing vehicles.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 2