The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

2 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Brilliant. 

Who is our Westwood? I understand that Farage suffers from hallitosis so like Westwood, he smells bad. Does he also have a few tattoos ?

I am not sure if Nige has a bell, but is certainly a bellend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Brilliant. 

Who is our Westwood? I understand that Farage suffers from hallitosis so like Westwood, he smells bad. Does he also have a few tattoos ?

Boris seems to think he's very popular and has a little cult following but he's a prick like Westwood. could be him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65240749

"The International Monetary Fund (IMF) says the UK economy's performance in 2023 will be the worst among the 20 biggest economies, known as the G20, which includes sanctions-hit Russia."

I think you're underestimating the point that Rasmus was making that in order to be winners in life, first you need to lose.  We're just a little bit hung up on the losing thing.

19 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Sadly, that’s what stalkers are all about. Interesting that he used the words “furiously typing”. I “furiously” typed two whole words!  I must have used up so much fury that I ran out of steam! His effort to troll when calling into doubt my support of Southampton is also laughable given that there is graphic evidence of my football posts on several different Southampton FC based social forum platforms going back decades. To quote Del Boy, what a plonker.🤪

(I didn’t see the match and was spending Easter Saturday with friends so am not qualified to comment on the game, not that I have to justify myself to a stupid internet troll/stalker)

With friends whilst the match was on but but still posting on here about politics, you must be riveting company!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Interesting that you listen to James O'brien. What's your thoughts on the man?

Presumably he's off limits for the cool kids then? Whines on a lot about Brexit so I've heard. From what I can gather he's not as left wing as some would perceive and then there's Carl Beech.

1 hour ago, Winnersaint said:

Presumably he's off limits for the cool kids then? Whines on a lot about Brexit so I've heard. From what I can gather he's not as left wing as some would perceive and then there's Carl Beech.

I am a relative newcomer to the James O’Brien show but would agree that he spends a lot of time dissing Brexit. I have yet to hear anyone get the better of him on the subject though. From what I have heard so far I wouldn’t call him left wing at all, his views seem to be liberal and humanitarian to my ears. He seems to take great pleasure in pulling apart callers of the Gammon and anti-woke persuasion and again, I have yet to hear any of these people get the better of him. For that alone he is worth listening to because these are the very people who are trying to keep us rooted in a 1970’s mindset when the rest of us are desperate for this country to shed the millstones of the last century and to become a modern, forward thinking, open, caring society that works for all, not just the privileged few. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

I am a relative newcomer to the James O’Brien show but would agree that he spends a lot of time dissing Brexit. I have yet to hear anyone get the better of him on the subject though. From what I have heard so far I wouldn’t call him left wing at all, his views seem to be liberal and humanitarian to my ears. He seems to take great pleasure in pulling apart callers of the Gammon and anti-woke persuasion and again, I have yet to hear any of these people get the better of him. For that alone he is worth listening to because these are the very people who are trying to keep us rooted in a 1970’s mindset when the rest of us are desperate for this country to shed the millstones of the last century and to become a modern, forward thinking, open, caring society that works for all, not just the privileged few. 

What a load of old pony. 

9 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What a load of old pony. 

The mods should offer a special pony emoji to add to the like, laughing and raised eyebrows emojis, in the same way Pompey visitors could be awarded fish on the old S4E site.

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What a load of old pony. 

Thank you for you in depth and deeply considered reply. When I wrote that I was just giving my impression of him from what I had heard on the radio. Since then I have googled him and he considered himself a “centrist” a “liberal” and a “do gooder” (or in your parlance, a “pinko”).

Given your support for the likes of Farage and Thatcher (does it still give you a stiffy when you type “Iron Lady”?) you clearly have no idea what it is like to hold a view that politics should be for all. Keep the foreigners out and keep the Lords in their castles whilst we doff our caps and let the gentry wipe their feet on us.

His take down of the anti woke types and Brexiteer disaster deniers is a joy to behold. Perhaps you should give him a call Duckie? Do you have the balls?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Thank you for you in depth and deeply considered reply. When I wrote that I was just giving my impression of him from what I had heard on the radio. Since then I have googled him and he considered himself a “centrist” a “liberal” and a “do gooder” (or in your parlance, a “pinko”).

Given your support for the likes of Farage and Thatcher (does it still give you a stiffy when you type “Iron Lady”?) you clearly have no idea what it is like to hold a view that politics should be for all. Keep the foreigners out and keep the Lords in their castles whilst we doff our caps and let the gentry wipe their feet on us.

His take down of the anti woke types and Brexiteer disaster deniers is a joy to behold. Perhaps you should give him a call Duckie? Do you have the balls?

I guess you skipped past the bit where he played a significant role in destroying peoples lives with the championing of Mr Beech.

You must have missed that

And I wouldn’t get too hung up on judging a call-in DJ who’s job it is is to wind up and entertain thinking you know them from their radio persona.

Like Talksport presenter declaring Saints v Pompey isn’t a real derby. Oh how callers froth

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I guess you skipped past the bit where he played a significant role in destroying peoples lives with the championing of Mr Beech.

You must have missed that

A 19 year broadcasting career and this is the best you can do? Anything else? Do you have the same obsession with everyone else who was hoodwinked by him too or was O’Brien the only one? 

It’s good to see you finally worrying about people who destroy other people’s lives though. Perhaps you will eventually even turn against Suella Braverman, or don’t the lives of refugees count?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

A 19 year broadcasting career and this is the best you can do? Anything else? Do you have the same obsession with everyone else who was hoodwinked by him too or was O’Brien the only one? 

It’s good to see you finally worrying about people who destroy other people’s lives though. Perhaps you will eventually even turn against Suella Braverman, or don’t the lives of refugees count?

Maybe one day she will actually 'ruin' the lives of refugees, but so far, she's failed in her one aim to get a plane to take them away....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

you clearly have no idea what it is like to hold a view that politics should be for all. Keep the foreigners out and keep the Lords in their castles whilst we doff our caps and let the gentry wipe their feet on us.

I love the way you somehow think you’re “anti establishment “. The Establishment is now people like you, wringing wet,  soft arsed pinkos. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Yes let’s call a talk show where the presenter invites people to call in then berates them for not agreeing with him. Why do that when we can have so much with you on here for that? He’s the talk show version of you and also doesn’t seem to have a problem giving paedos a platform and we all know how you’d rather let them walk than convict any non white ones. No wonder you like him

Edited by Turkish

25 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Yes let’s call a talk show where the presenter invites people to call in then berates them for not agreeing with him. Why do that when we can have so much with you on here for that? He’s the talk show version of you and also doesn’t seem to have a problem giving paedos a platform and we all know how you’d rather let them walk than convict any non white ones. No wonder you like him

Has he hurt you as well?

• Haha 2

Want to hear some real pony? Listen to the crap Liz Truss has been spouting at the Heritage Foundation. Never really agreed with that think tank but they used to have distinguished speakers at least. Now the global Conservative pool is so toxic they have to resort to the worst PM the western world has seen. It’s like Guido Carrillo speaking at a Southampton forum about his record at the club and what great value for money he was. If the UK is going to shit Liz, guess what, you’ve been part of the governing party for the last 13 years, several of those as a cabinet minister and a Frank De Boer/Crystal Palace stint as PM. 

Suella - at least do one thing right as Home Secretary and deny the village idiot entry back into the UK. She did sack you after all. 

Edited by saint1977
  • Like 1

She was, and clearly still is, absolutely clueless.

Possibly the thickest cabinet minister in years - quite a feat in an incredibly competitive category.

The members need to have a hard look at themselves and what they did, and I don't mean about the follow up to Sound of the Suburbs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, saint1977 said:

Want to hear some real pony? Listen to the crap Liz Truss has been spouting at the Heritage Foundation. Never really agreed with that think tank but they used to have distinguished speakers at least. Now the global Conservative pool is so toxic they have to resort to the worst PM the western world has seen. It’s like Guido Carrillo speaking at a Southampton forum about his record at the club and what great value for money he was. If the UK is going to shit Liz, guess what, you’ve been part of the governing party for the last 13 years, several of those as a cabinet minister and a Frank De Boer/Crystal Palace stint as PM. 

Suella - at least do one thing right as Home Secretary and deny the village idiot entry back into the UK. She did sack you after all. 

Is it pony? She actually makes a very good point, a lot of people see the government as a concierge service, "i've got a problem, it's the governments fault" Plenty of evidence on this forum of that.

So much criticism and contradiction that of our country is so awful yet so many people want to move here, the debate about what is a women that defies all science, so many companies more interested in hitting diversity targets, Just because you dont like it doesn't make it untrue.

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Is it pony? She actually makes a very good point, a lot of people see the government as a concierge service, "i've got a problem, it's the governments fault" Plenty of evidence on this forum of that.

So much criticism and contradiction that of our country is so awful yet so many people want to move here, the debate about what is a women that defies all science, so many companies more interested in hitting diversity targets, Just because you dont like it doesn't make it untrue.

All true. Constant whining because things are a tad more expensive, have to queue for a bit, possibility of a man not allowed to compete in women's sport.

We are a step away from our taxes being given up for some sort of concocted reperation payment for something none of us have anything to do with.

In the mean time, Southampton city centre will be under water in 7 years time, but at least we will have rainbows on display everywhere 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

All true. Constant whining because things are a tad more expensive, have to queue for a bit, possibility of a man not allowed to compete in women's sport.

We are a step away from our taxes being given up for some sort of concocted reperation payment for something none of us have anything to do with.

In the mean time, Southampton city centre will be under water in 7 years time, but at least we will have rainbows on display everywhere 

Must be dreadful living in such constant fear

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Turkish said:

She’s a fucking lunatic. Textbook throwing out scapegoats which incidentally have always been around. So imagine wanting a working justice system with these lot clueless how to get there? Weak on crime. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, whelk said:

She’s a fucking lunatic. Textbook throwing out scapegoats which incidentally have always been around. So imagine wanting a working justice system with these lot clueless how to get there? Weak on crime. 

She is and useless, doesn't mean what she she said here isn't valid though.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

I haven’t watched it TBF but the Tory nanny state needs to be smaller is an old message. Although I think Labour need to be careful not drawn into woke v non-woke war. We know simplistic bs works on the masses. And IMO some of the woke stuff does grate as getting petrified of offending to a ridiculous level. There needs to be a balance not both sides crusading.

Edited by whelk
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

How does Truss know it’s valid? Less than a decade’s career history and most of her life spent in politics. At least someone like Penny Mordaunt works in a deprived seat and actually meets, or least her staff do but I think she does too, some of the citizens Truss is referring to. So there’s some experience there to comment from. Rishi would have learned more in a day on the counter of Sunak Pharmacy on Burgess Rd about publics than Truss has learned to date which is why he doesn’t come out with such total crap either.

The priority ought to be getting the economy right after Truss and Kwarteng trashed it way beyond any previous government in such a short space of time. I don’t like Blair but he’s right that Starmer has to avoid a lot of the single issue politics up to and beyond the election. He appears socially more conservative than most of his front bench, it’s whether they can be disciplined and focused. 

Where Truss is concerned, Hunt and Sunak had to clean up the vomit from the Tory members having a retro party and they still are. The same membership base who listened to the same empty culture war crap from Truss and her imaginary anti-growth coalition guff during the leadership campaign and ignored Sunak’s clear warnings about the result would be. Truss, Simon Clarke, Redwood, Sinclair and the other clueless tossers still having a platform to have a pop at Sunak and Hunt, let alone public and corporate organisations and parties not in power for years, whether it’s through the Telegraph or the Heritage Foundation is crass. The fact the markets ran a mile from her tells you everything. 

Edited by saint1977
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, whelk said:

I haven’t watched it TBF but the Tory nanny state needs to be smaller is an old message. Although I think Labour need to be careful not drawn into woke v non-woke war. We know simplistic bs works on the masses. And IMO some of the woke stuff does grate as getting petrified of offending to a ridiculous level. There needs to be a balance not both sides crusading.

There’s not much state left to cut and where civil service spending ballooned was Covid (temporary to some extent) and preparation for Brexit (self-inflicted by the conservatives). Agree that the culture wars are stupid, it’s the economy, education, health that really matters but it shows the likes of the ERG have spent time with Steve Bannon as the national discourse has become more American. Hopefully we never reach those levels of dysfunction.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

There’s not much state left to cut and where civil service spending ballooned was Covid (temporary to some extent) and preparation for Brexit (self-inflicted by the conservatives). Agree that the culture wars are stupid, it’s the economy, education, health that really matters but it shows the likes of the ERG have spent time with Steve Bannon as the national discourse has become more American. Hopefully we never reach those levels of dysfunction.

Is Truss’s solution to a broken criminal justice and probation system to tell people to be less reliant on the state. 20000 less coppers who can’t follow up basic crimes and murderers out on parole in error to kill innocent women. Not the Govt’s fault though

• Like 1

3 hours ago, saint1977 said:

How does Truss know it’s valid? Less than a decade’s career history and most of her life spent in politics. At least someone like Penny Mordaunt works in a deprived seat and actually meets, or least her staff do but I think she does too, some of the citizens Truss is referring to. So there’s some experience there to comment from. Rishi would have learned more in a day on the counter of Sunak Pharmacy on Burgess Rd about publics than Truss has learned to date which is why he doesn’t come out with such total crap either.

The priority ought to be getting the economy right after Truss and Kwarteng trashed it way beyond any previous government in such a short space of time. I don’t like Blair but he’s right that Starmer has to avoid a lot of the single issue politics up to and beyond the election. He appears socially more conservative than most of his front bench, it’s whether they can be disciplined and focused. 

Where Truss is concerned, Hunt and Sunak had to clean up the vomit from the Tory members having a retro party and they still are. The same membership base who listened to the same empty culture war crap from Truss and her imaginary anti-growth coalition guff during the leadership campaign and ignored Sunak’s clear warnings about the result would be. Truss, Simon Clarke, Redwood, Sinclair and the other clueless tossers still having a platform to have a pop at Sunak and Hunt, let alone public and corporate organisations and parties not in power for years, whether it’s through the Telegraph or the Heritage Foundation is crass. The fact the markets ran a mile from her tells you everything. 

What does any of that have to do with her making some very valid points on a short speech?

Edited by Turkish

31 minutes ago, Turkish said:

What does any of that have to do with her making some very valid points on a short speech?

Yeah, particularly how she blames the woke left for far our country has fallen behind other nations, despite the fact that her party has been in charge for the last 13 years. Moaning about how much the government spent during the pandemic was a good one - she was in the cabinet that made the decisions. Just a load of nonsense, pandering to right-wing loons, even managed to crowbar transsexuals into it. :lol: 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Yeah, particularly how she blames the woke left for far our country has fallen behind other nations, despite the fact that her party has been in charge for the last 13 years. Moaning about how much the government spent during the pandemic was a good one - she was in the cabinet that made the decisions. Just a load of nonsense, pandering to right-wing loons, even managed to crowbar transsexuals into it. :lol: 

I wouldn’t expect you to understand 

:lol:

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

He seems to think the “foreign secretary/minister for women and equalities” is in charge of Government spending, so I wouldn’t expect too much. 

I said part of the cabinet, you should try reading.

She was PM when she announced her furlough-sized energy subsidies for everyone last year though, an estimated £140billion odd in handouts according to what I’ve read.

Edited by aintforever

13 hours ago, Turkish said:

You think her points are valid, I see them as tired old tropes from a completed failed politician with failed ideas. There is a middle way in terms of activating people towards living independent lives. We’ll have to agree to disagree. Have a good day.

Edited by saint1977
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

You think her points are valid, I see them as tired old tropes from a completed failed politician with failed ideas. There is a middle way in terms of activating people towards living independent lives. We’ll have to agree to disagree. Have a good day.

They aren't her points, they are the points she made, what she said is right. I'm not talking about Truss the failed politician, she is a joke if you think i'm a fan of hers just look at my avatar FFS. Im simply saying that what there were some valid points made in that video it could be Liz Truss, Soggy, Obama or Harold Steptoe making them and they'd still be valid. Anyway, fair enough lets agree to disagree. Have a good day pal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just listened to the Newsagents podcast take down of Truss’s utterances. Was very good hearing Sopel getting irate but did also say nobody was talking about her. What they don’t count Saintsweb? What she says is utter bollocks and how the useless twat gets a platform is beyond me. Who wants to listen to what this colossal fuckwit has to say? Like listening t9 Nathan Jones giving his opinion on where Pep went wrong in his Bayern Munich set up. Have some fucking shame

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Just listened to the Newsagents podcast take down of Truss’s utterances. Was very good hearing Sopel getting irate but did also say nobody was talking about her. What they don’t count Saintsweb? What she says is utter bollocks and how the useless twat gets a platform is beyond me. Who wants to listen to what this colossal fuckwit has to say? Like listening t9 Nathan Jones giving his opinion on where Pep went wrong in his Bayern Munich set up. Have some fucking shame

Funny you should post this. Earlier I was thinking that Nathan Jones was the Liz Truss of the Premier League. How anyone can think that anything she says or did has/had any credibility in the real world is completely deluded. When history looks back at a period where people like Trump, Johnson and Truss were in power it will think that those who put them there were completely devoid of any vestige of cognitive thought.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Funny you should post this. Earlier I was thinking that Nathan Jones was the Liz Truss of the Premier League. How anyone can think that anything she says or did has/had any credibility in the real world is completely deluded. When history looks back at a period where people like Trump, Johnson and Truss were in power it will think that those who put them there were completely devoid of any vestige of cognitive thought.

You are a great thinker, a real outside of the box type of guy. Or You must have seen my avatar, despite having me on ignore. 🤔

Edited by Turkish

46 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You are a great thinker, a real outside of the box type of guy. Or You must have seen my avatar, despite having me on ignore. 🤔

So that's what your Avatar is about. It looks uncannily like David Tennant with tits and a blond wig. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, egg said:

So that's what your Avatar is about. It looks uncannily like David Tennant with tits and a blond wig. 

Best bit about Truss is her tits. She wouldn’t mind me saying that as she hates woke culture

Edited by whelk
  • Like 1