Pre season 20/21

stevy777_x

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/report-southampton-1-2-sky-blues/

According to the Coventry website the side was:

Southampton Xl: Fraser Forster, Yann Valery (60’ Ledwidge), Jake Vokins (60’ Mitchell), Alfie Jones (46’ Jankewitz), Kayne Ramsay, Callum Slattery, Kgaogelo Chauke, Josh Sims, Nathan Tella (60’ Morris), Jake Hesketh, Dan N’Lundulu.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2020-09-01/u23s-report-southampton-fc-vs-coventry-city-friendly-20-21

However, our OS doesn't set out the full line up,  It says that after half time Allan Thaptchet replaced Alfie Jones and Jack Bycroft came on for Forster.  It also says with 20 minutes to go, Saints made six changes to the side, with Lucas Defise, Enzo Robise and Caleb Watts amongst those taking to the field.  It doesn't mention Ledwidge, Mitchell, Jenkewitz or Morris. 

Not sure the reporters were at the same game!

5 hours ago, Over land and sea said:

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/report-southampton-1-2-sky-blues/

According to the Coventry website the side was:

Southampton Xl: Fraser Forster, Yann Valery (60’ Ledwidge), Jake Vokins (60’ Mitchell), Alfie Jones (46’ Jankewitz), Kayne Ramsay, Callum Slattery, Kgaogelo Chauke, Josh Sims, Nathan Tella (60’ Morris), Jake Hesketh, Dan N’Lundulu.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2020-09-01/u23s-report-southampton-fc-vs-coventry-city-friendly-20-21

However, our OS doesn't set out the full line up,  It says that after half time Allan Thaptchet replaced Alfie Jones and Jack Bycroft came on for Forster.  It also says with 20 minutes to go, Saints made six changes to the side, with Lucas Defise, Enzo Robise and Caleb Watts amongst those taking to the field.  It doesn't mention Ledwidge, Mitchell, Jenkewitz or Morris. 

Not sure the reporters were at the same game!

Tchaptchet is in the pics in the gallery link.  But so is Ledwidge & Morris.

Can see Watts, Chauke, Defise & Bycroft too.

Assuming the Coventry write-up is right, I would imagine the formation was:

-----------------------Forster-----------------------
Valery -- Ramsay -- Jones -- Vokins
-------------Slattery -- Chauke-------------
Sims-------------------------------------Hesketh
-------------N’Lundulu -- Tella-------------

Edited by SuperSAINT

5 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Disgusting result. What has Ralph been doing?

We ended the season so strongly and now we're back to the normal.

Everyone out.

🤣🤣

(I'm not laughing because I think you're being serious and ridiculous, I'm laughing because I know it's bait and I'm awaiting the fish)

20 hours ago, Crab Lungs said:

Forster clearly back in form

around 3.16

Top top keeper

You know that goal was scored in the 63rd minute and Forster only played the first half don't you? 🤔

Your dislike of Forster has reached the point where you blame him for other goalkeeper's mistakes! 😉

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Master Bates said:

Someone mentioned the day of the U23s Coventry game that the first team were due to play today.

9 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

How? Unless it's U23s again

You literally asked the question above :)

If we are playing, it'll be a mixed bunch of whoever isn't on international duty.

1 hour ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

A Southampton team lost to Fulham 2-1 today at Craven cottage according to people on Twitter but not clear whether first team squad (minus international players) or youth team.

The U23's (with some U18's) played at Woking today.

Looks like:  O'Connor / Ferry / Hesketh / Sims etc played in that one.

12 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

The U23's (with some U18's) played at Woking today.

Looks like:  O'Connor / Ferry / Hesketh / Sims etc played in that one.

Article said Ferry and Hesketh were on the wings, but mentioned Sims running wide. Can only assume he played at right back. If so I wander if he was just filling in or we're trying to convert him. 

3 minutes ago, egg said:

Article said Ferry and Hesketh were on the wings, but mentioned Sims running wide. Can only assume he played at right back. If so I wander if he was just filling in or we're trying to convert him. 

Think I saw Keogh in pics who’s a right back but this is the problem when they don’t publish the teams :) 

11 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Think I saw Keogh in pics who’s a right back but this is the problem when they don’t publish the teams :) 

I didn't see the pics. O'Connor was left back. Sims wouldn't have been in the middle of the park, so can only be right back, or perhaps dropping off Delfise up front. 

5 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Defise is a centre-mid.

Maybe Sims was up top though.

Ah OK. Article refers to Sims runs down the left and the right, so perhaps he was playing off a front man. Regardless, a defeat to a non league side a pretty poor show!

Just now, niceandfriendly said:

Glad to see our youth teams getting lots of action. Don't worry about the first team :spaz:

Judging by how quiet we were about the friendly with Fulham our first team is probably playing lots of friendlies behind closed doors as that seems to be our preference.

20 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

So, are we going into the season with 60 mins under our belt? Seems a bit light...?

We went into restart without many friendlies (Bristol City and Brentford?) and that was following a longer period, albeit with the players on standby as opposed to on holiday. Based on what we saw in June/July I'm comfortably optimistic that we'll be one of the fittest sides in the division.