Pre season 20/21

stevy777_x

Salisu thing is annoying and probably impacts on being able to move Vestergaard on as well.

Otherwise centre mid is the only glaring area we are one short.

Good to get the attackers in the goals again, hopefully no injuries during the Intls.

1 hour ago, Baird of the land said:

Interesting to see no Gunn at all (hopefully means he's off) and seeing Klarer involved as the fourth centre back rather than someone like Jones.

Can't say i like having some variation of (Smallbone/Jankewitz/Slattery) as third choice centre mid.

Smallbone is absolutely tiny in build, Sorry but I think we deffo need a CM... he will get completely dominated In the middle of the park.

1 hour ago, Baird of the land said:

Interesting to see no Gunn at all (hopefully means he's off) and seeing Klarer involved as the fourth centre back rather than someone like Jones.

Can't say i like having some variation of (Smallbone/Jankewitz/Slattery) as third choice centre mid.

Smallbone is absolutely tiny in build, Sorry but I think we deffo need a CM... he will get completely dominated In the middle of the park.

A game of four 30 minute quarters, with all the Saints goals in the 60 minutes the first choice XI played.

FIRST & SECOND 30 minutes

McCarthy; Walker-Peters, Stephens, Bednarek, Bertrand; Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Armstrong, Redmond; Adams, Ings

Score 7-0

THIRD & FOURTH 30 minutes

Forster; Valery, Vestergaard, Klarer, Vokins; Slattery (Jankewitz), Smallbone, Djenepo, Boufal; Long, Obafemi

Score 7-1

Edited by Matthew Le God

6 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Bertie wearing #3 today, JWP #8 and Redmond has #11.

Because those are their squad numbers as announced on Tuesday...

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2020-08-25/southampton-football-club-mens-first-team-squad-numbers-202021

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/topic/58250-squad-numbers-202021/

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Do you ever take a day off? 

You’re such a monotonous bore. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

Totally unreasonable. He's pointing out that the new squad numbers have been widely publicised by the club, something you seem to have missed.

I don’t visit the official site very often and this place has been giving me error messages all week. I was just making a comment on what I saw and immediately get scolded by the site pedant. This is a discussion forum no? So what if it had already been mentioned. It’s not a staff meeting, sheesh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like we had some fun this afternoon! I've not seen any official listings on the first 11 Swansea put out though? That would be interesting to see. 

I listened to the Ralph post-match and he wasn't particularly happy with the 2nd outing and the changed team. 

6 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

I don’t visit the official site very often and this place has been giving me error messages all week. I was just making a comment on what I saw and immediately get scolded by the site pedant. This is a discussion forum no? So what if it had already been mentioned. It’s not a staff meeting, sheesh.

You weren't scolded you were corrected, in not a particularly rude way either. You massively overreacted.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TWar said:

You weren't scolded you were corrected, in not a particularly rude way either. You massively overreacted.

Fair enough. He knew what he was doing because he’s been doing it for years. Being a tiresome bore that takes pleasure in correcting others. There I was, just posting something because I’d watched the highlights. Next time I’ll make sure to pause, check all available source material, and make sure to properly cite any sources that I might have used.

Edited by OttawaSaint

11 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Fair enough. He knew what he was doing because he’s been doing it for years. Being a tiresome bore that takes pleasure in correcting others. There I was, just posting something because I’d watched the highlights. Next time I’ll make sure to pause, check all available source material, and make sure to properly cite any sources that I might have used.

Or, alternatively, post what you want and if it turns out to be incorrect or ill-informed and someone else points that out reply with "cheers for letting me know, hadn't seen that" rather than getting wound up.

2 hours ago, TWar said:

Or, alternatively, post what you want and if it turns out to be incorrect or ill-informed and someone else points that out reply with "cheers for letting me know, hadn't seen that" rather than getting wound up.

Wasn't incorrect though was it? Bertrand is #3, JWP is #8 and Redmond #11. If that's changed then cheers for letting me know.

2 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

I’ve just remembered Swansea’s off pitch “tactics” in that all decisive relegation clash. Yeah, fuck you Swansea. 

There is a difference between the actions of a Swansea hotel and the actions of the football club. They aren't one and the same.

Edited by Matthew Le God

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

Why do we have to find out about these matches via other clubs sources? Granted, we can't attend and fans don't need to know, but our weird secrecy over everything is a real pain in the backside.

20 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

There is a difference between the actions of a Swansea hotel and the actions of the football club. They aren't one and the same.

I didn't explicitly state my "fuck you" towards Swansea City Association Football Club, either.

On 30/08/2020 at 13:29, Matthew Le God said:

Swansea City have completely ignored the 7-1 defeat. No mention of it on the club website, Twitter or Facebook! 😃

Rug GIFs | Tenor

A Swansea fan commented on a Saints Instagram account that we played their reserve/youth team and that it was a meaningless result. They put out a Swansea XI.

6 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Have you seen the Swansea starting 11? I've been trying to find it but I can't see one, they've unsurprisngly kept it very hidden.

These all played in the first 60 minutes where the score was 7-0...

Woodman

Rushesha

Naughton

Cabango

Bidwell

Grimes

Dhanda

Garrick

All played a decent amount of league games last season for a Swansea side who made the Championship playoffs.