Things That are Racist

Turkish

Just now, Turkish said:

Has anyone been convicted yet?

So anything posted must be 100% conclusive and wait for full trial as one might be wrong.

9/11 assumptions on perpetuators must have baffled you. Not even sure i saw the convictions either

2 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Excellent news.

The police have carried out an investigation and concluded it was a racist attack.

Not only that, they arrested and charged someone.

Good job well done and I for one am glad the police have taken a racist scum bag off the streets and not jumped to any conclusions.

How do you know he is racist without a trial?

Just now, whelk said:

Most people react on information they receive a left right to be sceptical of some sources. You however want to dismiss as exploring the far more to be discovered. almost like you have an interest in promoting one side 

I am open minded, not assuming one thing or another about something I have no personal knowledge of. You however have read the same article about the same incident and made your mind up already, I’ll wait until anyone is convicted before condemning any racism. If they did attack an innocent man then they are vile scum regardless of if it was racially motivated or not. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

So anything posted must be 100% conclusive and wait for full trial as one might be wrong.

9/11 assumptions on perpetuators must have baffled you. Not even sure i saw the convictions either

You do know the legal system in this country is innocent until proven guilty don’t you? 

I condemn the attacks on an innocent man regardless of any racial motivation or not.

Edited by Turkish

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

I am open minded, not assuming one thing or another about something I have no personal knowledge of. You however have read the same article about the same incident and made your mind up already, I’ll wait until anyone is convicted before condemning any racism. If they did attack an innocent man then they are vile scum regardless of if it was racially motivated or not. 

Nice caveat.  You have peppered thread with all manner of political correctness stories that terrify you. Almost as if you are actively looking - often the story behind these is less sensational and as as daft as they sound,

When there appears a story indicating racism your are at pains to be sceptical and claiming open mindedness. Funny that.

As you often want to pigeon hole your ‘opposition’ as some group that most people don’t fit in but good luck putting me in your ‘they’ group

7 minutes ago, whelk said:

Nice caveat.  You have peppered thread with all manner of political correctness stories that terrify you. Almost as if you are actively looking - often the story behind these is less sensational and as as daft as they sound,

When there appears a story indicating racism your are at pains to be sceptical and claiming open mindedness. Funny that.

As you often want to pigeon hole your ‘opposition’ as some group that most people don’t fit in but good luck putting me in your ‘they’ group

They don’t terrify me, I’m raising awareness of things that are racist so we all don’t get caught into the trap of racism. Im helping everyone. 

as for this incident itself I said it “may” be racist, but not every incident of white on non white is racist. As no one has been convicted yet I will reserve judgment on the motives, as we’ve been told to do whenever there is a terrorist attack. However I condemn the attacks on an innocent man as I would do whatever their motivations were. (Unless it was on a peado)

Edited by Turkish

6 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I thought we were going to be eaten by Tigers?

Posted a reply to this but seems to have vanished.

You might be lucky in avoiding the tigers as you’ve been hauled in the office to discuss your inept arrest performance with the police chie who is struggling to understand it is the lowest in the force. Either start solving some cases Weston or look for another job!. Same for your partner Turkish

1 hour ago, whelk said:

You might be lucky in avoiding the tigers as you’ve been hauled in the office to discuss your inept arrest performance with the police chie who is struggling to understand it is the lowest in the force. Either start solving some cases Weston or look for another job!. Same for your partner Turkish

Whereas you’d be doing time for manslaughter as your bosses try to explain away another police killing due to jumping to conclusions 

Edited by Turkish

2 hours ago, whelk said:

I am the police chief.

I leave the detecting to the rank and file 😉

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Whereas you’d be doing time for manslaughter as your bosses try to explain away another police killing due to jumping to conclusions 

As a maverick cop who gets results I am given some leeway to make a few mistakes. They’re not taking my badge.

On 27/02/2021 at 22:53, Turkish said:

More Frank Drebin than Dirty Harry pal

Maybe booking in suspects might suit you more. Explain your not very good at concluding what may have happened and rather have something more procedural based. 

Edited by whelk

On 27/02/2021 at 09:05, Turkish said:

However I condemn the attacks on an innocent man as I would do whatever their motivations were. (Unless it was on a peado)

So in that circumstance "innocent until proven guilty" would not apply ?

Just now, badgerx16 said:

So in that circumstance "innocent until proven guilty" would not apply ?

I was referring to a bloke out on his own being beaten by someone else for no reason, unless they were a convicted peado. 

I was referring to a bloke out on his own being beaten by someone else for no reason, unless they were a convicted peado. 

So then, somebody who has fully served his sentence before being released is fair game, in your view, to be violently assaulted every time he leaves his house ?

25 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

So then, somebody who has fully served his sentence before being released is fair game, in your view, to be violently assaulted every time he leaves his house ?

No sentence is long enough for someone who sexually abuses innocent children. Would you want them freely walking around near your kids? (If you have any)

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

No sentence is long enough for someone who sexually abuses innocent children. Would you want them freely walking around near your kids? (If you have any)

So you are placing your opinions over the Legal system of the country ? Whether you approve or not, these offenders serve a defined sentence and are then released. Are you saying that vigilante assaults are justified because the State is wrong ? Would you condemn an attack on a suspected peadophile who had not been charged / convicted ?

Edited by badgerx16

2 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

So you are placing your opinions over the Legal system of the country ? Whether you approve or not, these offenders serve a defined sentence and are then released. Are you saying that vigilante assaults are justified because the State is wrong ?

WTF are you rambling on about? I simply said if an peadophile was beaten up in the street i wouldn't condemn it, unlike how i'd respond to an attack on any other person, which i would condemn. You've somehow tried to turn it into some bizarre discussion about legal systems and vigilantes. I would expect most parents wouldn't have too much of a problem if they found out a convicted peadophile had been given a bit of a slap if one was in their area, maybe you dont have a problem with them though?

WTF are you rambling on about? I simply said if an peadophile was beaten up in the street i wouldn't condemn it, unlike how i'd respond to an attack on any other person, which i would condemn. You've somehow tried to turn it into some bizarre discussion about legal systems and vigilantes. I would expect most parents wouldn't have too much of a problem if they found out a convicted peadophile had been given a bit of a slap if one was in their area, maybe you dont have a problem with them though?

What sort of sick minded pathetic individual are you ?

What sort of sick minded pathetic individual are you ?

Eh? I'm just wondering why you're objecting so much to why i wouldn't condemn someone punching a convicted peadophile, as that is exactly what you're doing. 

10 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Eh? I'm just wondering why you're objecting so much to why i wouldn't condemn someone punching a convicted peadophile, as that is exactly what you're doing. 

Because if you don't condemn then you condone, and with any class of offence there are differing levels of severity. And once you allow one class of offender to be fair game, which will be next, and who gets to choose ?

And if you can't see the offensive inference at the end of your previous post then you are truly pathetic.

Edited by badgerx16

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

Because if you don't condemn then you condone, and with any class of offence there are differing levels of severity. And once you allow one class of offender to be fair game, which will be next, and who gets to choose ?

And if you can't see the offensive inference at the end of your previous post then you are truly pathetic.

So are you saying you wouldn't or wouldn't have a problem with someone punching a convicted peadophile if they were living in your area? I think you've tried to be clever and confused yourself. 

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

So are you saying you wouldn't or wouldn't have a problem with someone punching a convicted peadophile if they were living in your area? I think you've tried to be clever and confused yourself. 

The only confusion is in your warped self-satisfaction. At least there is no risk of anybody accusing you of being clever.

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

The only confusion is in your warped self-satisfaction. At least there is no risk of anybody accusing you of being clever.

Not going to answer then?  I told you my view when you asked, not going to give yours?

Edited by Turkish

3 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

I'm fed up of having to lower myself to your level.

Lets not forget it was you started the discussion with me on this subject, i gave my view when you asked, you're unwilling to give your view on the exact same question. Now you dont want to lower yourself to my level because it's made you a bit uncomfortable. Thats not my fault.

Edited by Turkish

Lets not forget it was you started the discussion with me on this subject, i gave my view when you asked, you're unwilling to give your view on the exact same question. Thats not my fault.

In my view your view is wrong.

Now I know that in your twisted perverse logic this means I am actively supporting peadophiles, but you are such a sad individual you have sunk beyond all hope of redemption and being re-assimilated into the strata of civilised society..

In my view your view is wrong.

Now I know that in your twisted perverse logic this means I am actively supporting peadophiles, but you are such a sad individual you have sunk beyond all hope of redemption and being re-assimilated into the strata of civilised society..

Despite you getting very upset and making lots of accusations, that's not the answer to the question. Would you personally have an issue with someone punching a convicted peadophile that was living in your area?

Not really quite sure how asking the same question that you asked me the same question further up the thread makes me to have "sunk beyond all hope of redemption".

16 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Despite you getting very upset and making lots of accusations, that's not the answer to the question. Would you personally have an issue with someone punching a convicted peadophile that was living in your area?

Yes I would, I don't believe in vigilanteism. Now let's have your assertion that because of that I condone his offence.

Edited by badgerx16

19 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Yes I would, I don't believe in vigilanteism. Now let's have your assertion that because of that I condone his offence.

We don’t agree, that’s fine. Why didn’t you say that at the start instead of trying to be smart which ended up with you getting all emotional?

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/03/2021 at 18:10, Baird of the land said:

Crazy imo, that having a white translator for a black Poet is now deemed wrong.

On 01/03/2021 at 18:21, badgerx16 said:

Particularly as Amanda Gorman had chosen the Dutch translator herself.

And now the Catalan translation has been rejected because the US publishers want a "female, young, activist, preferably black" to do it. How many Catalan speakers are likely to match ?

Edited by badgerx16

The sister of one of my grandson's friends came home from nursery yesterday and told her mother "I don't like the new boy". "Why is that?" asked her mother. "Because he is brown".

Her mother was a little perplexed, as her father is Jamaican, and her brother takes after him.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11685/12257237/jarrod-bowen-tweet-fa-aware-as-west-ham-winger-apologises-for-using-unacceptable-racist-term-in-2012-post

Main body of the tweet: any worse than the term ‘coconut’?

The hashtag: Used with no malice and not in a worse context than most rappers, comedians or...(deleted for fear of lawsuit) have probably used the word without recourse. Weird that a footballer using the word is automatically unacceptable no matter the intention.

Personally, I despise the word and would prefer it was deemed unacceptable worldwide, however, if we want equality, it’s difficult if rules apply to some but not others.

In hospitals they have computer stations on wheeled trollies called computer on wheels or cow They were renamed workstations on wheels, wow, when a lady patient complained when she heard one nurse asking another, if she still had that cow in her room. 

Edited by Fan The Flames
  • Haha 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Things That are Racist