Things That are Racist

Turkish

On 29/04/2021 at 09:25, Lighthouse said:

SSN now joining a variety of sporting associations in boycotting SM for a few days in response to recent racist incidents. How strange. We’ve had a solid year of kneeling before sporting events, putting ‘Black Lives Matter’ on the back of shirts, randomly flashing up on the screen during matches, Martin Tyler solemnly telling us that the message is as strong as ever, black squares posted on Instagram, adverts saying racism is not nice, marching through major cities and a Policeman 5,000 miles away is in prison. Never before has virtue signalling been this sustained and ferocious and yet none of it seems to have made a blind bit of difference. Who’d have though.

Apparently they are shocked that the tiny racist minority didn’t abide by the boycott and sent some Swansea player abuse.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

This is an important article from Jermaine Jenas about his experience of being targeted by stop and search

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/may/28/jermaine-jenas-on-the-truth-about-police-stop-and-search 

By contrast it’d be interesting to see is many football fans feel the same about section 60. I know many, many fans who have been stopped and searched under this legislation often for doing little More than being closE to where a football match was being played. Others have received bans due to dossiers of evidence which show them doing very little wrong. But no one cares about that do they, any arrest or ban is greeted with applause as they must have done something to be in that position. It’s interesting that the “well if you’ve got nothing to hide why does it bother you speaking to the police” argument not apply when it happens to black people?

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

This is an important article from Jermaine Jenas about his experience of being targeted by stop and search

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/may/28/jermaine-jenas-on-the-truth-about-police-stop-and-search 

The logical fallacy there is that people are never aware of crimes they aren't the victim of. There are no media stories about people who didn't get stabbed because the person who would have stabbed them is serving jail time for possession of an offensive weapon. Jenas could have been murdered on the street as a 15 year old, just for being a young black kid in the wrong place at the wrong time but perhaps that perpetrator was already apprehended by stop and search 3 months prior. We'll never know.

Basically, there are two options to make stop and search 'fairer':

1. Reduce/stop the number of young black men in urban areas being searched. That will lead to fewer people in possession of offensive weapons being caught, which will lead to more stabbings, the primary victims of which will be...
  2. Stop and search a bunch of old, white ladies at post offices in rural, Surrey villages until the statistics even out. It's a complete waste of Police time and resources but it'll look a bit less racist if they do.

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

The Story of the BLM activist being shot has gone away, as quickly as it flared up.  

Not enough racism to report on with that story, I guess

Just your regular gang on gang weekend action.  One of them has been arrested for conspiracy to murder.

Edited by Weston Super Saint

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

Quite disgustingly sexist and age discriminatory too. Men are over ten times more likely to be stopped than women.

I bet if you dig deeper, they'll be stopping and searching people in the areas where more crimes are committed too. Postcode discrimination. 

15 hours ago, supersonic said:

Good policing. I’m sure you’d complaining that the plod aren’t doing enough if stop and search was banned, which naturally led to a increase black kids getting hacked up with machetes.  

It’s a bit like policing at football. A group of lads in stone island jackets are more likely to attract police attend then a group of women in a replica shirt. 

Again, if black lives really did matter to them, they’d do more about black gang violence. 

18 minutes ago, supersonic said:

And here we have the same people gaslighting the evidential racism. 

And they wonder why there are anti-racist protests? 

#PartOfTheProblem

Neither of your posts made any actual point regarding the topic in hand. Referring to my post from two weeks ago, would you choose option 1 or 2 to make policing fairer? Would you also accept that the Police discriminate on many other issues than just race, as myself and egg have pointed out?

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

Neither of your posts made any actual point regarding the topic in hand. Referring to my post from two weeks ago, would you choose option 1 or 2 to make policing fairer? Would you also accept that the Police discriminate on many other issues than just race, as myself and egg have pointed out?

Of course they do, but this is an thread on racism and I've provided an article evidencing actual racism, yet the same names are here again deflecting from that issue....

29 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Okay, so option 1 or option 2?

Option 2 is safer for society!

Although, as far as I'm aware, all stop and searches have to provide a record to the person being stopped and gives them the opportunity to make a complaint.  Surely a better way to measure the statistic is to find out how many complaints about unfair / unreasonable stop and searches were upheld, which officers have the most compaints upheld against them and correct the behaviours that way rather than just reporting how many searches were carried out?

20 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Nope. The vast majority clapped which was great to see.

That's not what I heard. The news reported it as "many" booing which I think is accurate. Clearly they finished it quickly so hopefully it will now be over ASAP if they have to do it. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

That's not what I heard. The news reported it as "many" booing which I think is accurate. Clearly they finished it quickly so hopefully it will now be over ASAP if they have to do it. 

I agree, I heard many booing. The racists were out to prove they were racists although I agree vast majority clapped which was good to see.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I heard a lot of boos too. The way it been reported as booing the players is pretty disgraceful, they’re booing the act which more is being a divisive circus act rather than a token anti racism gesture

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Why the fuck do we have to put up with this pony about ‘96 that’s on now. No wonder we don’t win fuck all ,a failure to win a poor tournament at home is held as some sort of triumph. Noddy behaviour 

Proper noddy you, see the racists were clapped down again. Good to see them put in their place. Go on England, win it so you can put the harrumphers in their place.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I heard a lot of boos too. The way it been reported as booing the players is pretty disgraceful, they’re booing the act which more is being a divisive circus act rather than a token anti racism gesture

There  were a lot of boos yes but were rightly drowned out by the vast majority, but by your rationale, the vast majority were clapping for the politics of BLM

5 minutes ago, Antrimsaint said:

There  were a lot of boos yes but were rightly drowned out by the vast majority, but by your rationale, the vast majority were clapping for the politics of BLM

The majority were clapping what they were told to think. 

2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Indeed. A good solid win. Given our lineup and tactics I couldn't have asked for much more. Not many chances created but it was good enough. Also good to hear some substantial booing despite the threats and PR firms employed to combat it. England fans will not be silenced. 

Marxists 1  Knuckle-draggers 0

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

From a mate who was in the ground "very few" fans booed, most clapped. 

Reassuring that most of the fans are sensible and not mindless idiots 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

What’s that got to do with taking the knee?

This is a thread on racism and I've pointed out obvious racism that sadly still exists.

Only backs up the reason why people take the knee, not that my post had anything to do with it 

1 hour ago, supersonic said:

This is a thread on racism and I've pointed out obvious racism that sadly still exists.

Only backs up the reason why people take the knee, not that my post had anything to do with it 

yes still some sad bastards around if that is real and rightly deserve to be found and punished. The number of spelling mistakes in both the online post and letter makes me suss though - but that's only due to the number of previous social media posts that have been proven to be all made up, again sad.

6 hours ago, supersonic said:

She was white though, people take the knee because Black Lives Matter 

6 hours ago, skintsaint said:

yes still some sad bastards around if that is real and rightly deserve to be found and punished. The number of spelling mistakes in both the online post and letter makes me suss though - but that's only due to the number of previous social media posts that have been proven to be all made up, again sad.

Now picking on someone's ability to spell in their second language. Stay classy....

6 minutes ago, supersonic said:

People take the knee to end racism.

So what was this all about then? 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/premier-league-support-for-black-lives-matter-is-not-political-12018544

“The premier leagues Black Lives Matter campaign” 

seems like it’s only racism against black people not like you seem to think

DBF77880-8312-4825-8D46-4EF8FDA3D614.jpeg

A42426E4-B5F5-4B1B-B032-9008698802A9.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Turkish said:

So what was this all about then? 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/premier-league-support-for-black-lives-matter-is-not-political-12018544

“The premier leagues Black Lives Matter campaign” 

seems like it’s only racism against black people not like you seem to think

DBF77880-8312-4825-8D46-4EF8FDA3D614.jpeg

A42426E4-B5F5-4B1B-B032-9008698802A9.jpeg

Still don't get the message?

Still don't get you're part of the problem? 

FB_IMG_1624002852727.jpg

3 minutes ago, supersonic said:

Still don't get the message?

Still don't get you're part of the problem? 

FB_IMG_1624002852727.jpg

I get it, It seems like the message changed. Or have you forgotten about the Black lives matter logo on sky sports next to the score in every game up until fairly recently, or the black lives matter t-shirts worn by players, or the black lives matter written on the players shirts at games last season. This all started as a black lives matter campaign. Now it seems like now the FA re pleading with people to support it just so they can show they're supporting the players. Yet some people still claim the message hasn't been diluted. 

56 minutes ago, supersonic said:

People take the knee to end racism.

Which is a naive fantasy and does nothing to address any of the issues. Unless you believe that the root cause of racism is that people simply haven’t been told that it’s wrong before.

9 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Which is a naive fantasy and does nothing to address any of the issues. Unless you believe that the root cause of racism is that people simply haven’t been told that it’s wrong before.

Particularly when they're changing the message to suit the circumstances. Those who said all lives matter were called racist this time last year, now it seems the current narrative is that all lives do indeed matter. 

18 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

😅 what you on about?

"The number of spelling mistakes in the online post".

The post which is written by someone who received the letter, who was born abroad and English is, at least, their second language. But you've decided to have a pop at them for it.

Classy 👍