Things That are Racist

Turkish

You sad person , he was specifically chosen for his views which chimed with Boris’s new narrative and were widely known before he was appointed . His view was that there was no institutional racism . 
The report was not published in full but a short resume was put out in advance with a rare embargo , which not only time limited publishing but also told the media not to request opinions about the content of the resume before today !

This was to put out the positive bits out first with no comment before the report was released. Ie get retaliation in first . 

In the meantime it is ok for football to do it’s own thing , unrelated to any other organisation , to promote equal treatment of all people involved in football . 

12 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

You sad person , he was specifically chosen for his views which chimed with Boris’s new narrative and were widely known before he was appointed . His view was that there was no  institutional racism . 
The report was not published in full but a short resume was put out in advance with a rare embargo , which not only time limited publishing but also told the media not to request opinions about the content of the resume before today !

This was to put out the positive bits out first with no comment before the report was released. Ie get retaliation in first . 

In the meantime it is ok for football to do it’s own thing , unrelated to any other organisation , to promote equal treatment of all people involved in football . 

So what you’re saying is that you’ll only trust the report if the person who runs it fits with your narrative? If the person who ran the report was someone who believes Britain is a horrible racist country, the findings would have been different? Doesn’t that just make the whole thing completely pointless and based on the pre-perceived opinion of an individual. 

• Like 2

It's weird, the woke lot have been demanding an end to racism, equality etc etc, now they've got a report confirming their demands have worked they're now claiming the report is wrong. Surely they should be proud of themselves for pushing for the change?

• Like 1

Are people saying that Government reports are always correct? I haven't read enough on this one to comment but you can't just decide it was 100% factual because it suits your agenda. 

It's not like there aren't examples of previous reports that have been incorrect. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, SKD said:

So what you’re saying is that you’ll only trust the report if the person who runs it fits with your narrative? If the person who ran the report was someone who believes Britain is a horrible racist country, the findings would have been different? Doesn’t that just make the whole thing completely pointless and based on the pre-perceived opinion of an individual. 

No the point is if you choose a person who has certain views that chime with an opinion that coincides with the answer you want to support your new narrative, as expressed  by Boris last year , then it is no surprise that the enquiry comes up with that answer.

You then follow that up by managing the release of the report by putting out a summary of a small part of it and embargo any attempt by the media to ask any opinions before today. That meant  only the slant you want appears first.  When the whole report is digested then it might have a different angle.  If you remember months back the Govt reps were talking about class and geography being the issue to much amazement to the populous but now we see where they were coming from. 

So I was not suggesting I wanted a hand picked person to give the result required but that that is what Boris did. I had no problem  with the Polish players doing their own thing.

24 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Are people saying that Government reports are always correct? I haven't read enough on this one to comment but you can't just decide it was 100% factual because it suits your agenda. 

It's not like there aren't examples of previous reports that have been incorrect. 

Would you have said the same if it had come out the other way? 

As pointed out no one knows yet what result the hand picked jury came up with yet , all we have is the Govt spin . A very rare ‘no approach’ embargo was imposed which meant reporters were not allowed to ask questions yesterday so the spin version came out in this morning’s media ! Now why would they do that ?? Unless ..........

5 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

As pointed out no one knows yet what result the hand picked jury came up with yet , all we have is the Govt spin . A very rare ‘no approach’ embargo was imposed which meant reporters were not allowed to ask questions yesterday so the spin version came out in this morning’s media ! Now why would they do that ?? Unless ..........

Im sure you'd have a very different view if the report had concluded racism was everywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SKD said:

Would you have said the same if it had come out the other way? 

Unless I had read a good deal of the report and then looked at the take on it by a few different media outlets it would be a bit churlish to have a solid opinion either way.

52 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Im sure you'd have a very different view if the report had concluded racism was everywhere.

Some people are racist, we know that. But it's not everywhere and if the report had come to that conclusion I'm sure pretty much everyone would have said it was a bunch of horseshit. 

3 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Some people are racist, we know that. But it's not everywhere and if the report had come to that conclusion I'm sure pretty much everyone would have said it was a bunch of horseshit. 

That is exactly the conclusion it came too, it hasn't stopped people being OUTRAGED though, for example the women screaming to tell that too the 60% BAME NHS workers who died from covid, you cant because they're dead. 

23 hours ago, whelk said:

BBC news is pathetic and giving so many critics of the report ‘yeah but…’

so many wankers and sounds a sensible to me. Afro Caribbean under perform in education that is a fact. Oh and don’t dare mention broken homes.

I despair and feel like being force to being more right wing by rejecting these cunts looking for conflict everywhere 

I agree.  I used to watch Channel 4 news - clearly a bit lefty but generally pretty reasonable and mostly balanced but a few years ago it seemed to forget all about being unbiased.  Newsnight can be the same at times and CNN is as bad as FOX is.  I quite like the report that's just been published if only because it challenges the perception of institutional racism and means that people can start debating it without being labelled racist.  It's the kind of thing we need more of because without it we'll see a whole load of proper right wing populists gaining broad support.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Not sure what view you are alluding to . I was pointing out the enquiry was triggered by BLM and was set up by Boris’s woman advisor who had repeatedly denied Institutional Racism . She picked a chairman who had also expressed the same views. Boris , at the time , said he wanted to “ change the narrative “ ie deny that racism was the problem in the UK. So the outcome was predetermined. 

3 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Not sure what view you are alluding to . I was pointing out the enquiry was triggered by BLM and was set up by Boris’s woman advisor who had repeatedly denied Institutional Racism . She picked a chairman who had also expressed the same views. Boris , at the time , said he wanted to “ change the narrative “ ie deny that racism was the problem in the UK. So the outcome was predetermined. 

they haven't denied racism isn't a problem, they've said the UK isn't institutionally racist. It isn't. There is a huge difference between a racist society and a some racist people in a society. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Turkish said:

they haven't denied racism isn't a problem, they've said the UK isn't institutionally racist. It isn't. There is a huge difference between a racist society and a some racist people in a society. 

I don't think they ever would find Institutional racism as they said before the enquiry it didn't exist ! Probably best to ignore this report entirely and wait for another generation to pass and check again , oh no I won't be here 😄

Subconscious racisms everywhere, it stinks the place out, it just hangs heavy in the air. It hides in plain sight, As British we’re good at hiding it..a lot Americans just come out & say their racist. As I’ve got older I’ve realised trying to change anything is idealistic..fanciful really..the best you can hope for is that each generation improves things by about 3%. I’m white & middle aged. I’m a turkey voting for Christmas...but here I am.

Edited by wadesmith
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

I don't think they ever would find Institutional racism as they said before the enquiry it didn't exist ! Probably best to ignore this report entirely and wait for another generation to pass and check again , oh no I won't be here 😄

yes you're right, we should probably ignore all reports we dont like the outcome of.

12 minutes ago, Turkish said:

yes you're right, we should probably ignore all reports we dont like the outcome of.

That's not what I said , if it was an independent inquiry with people appointed who didn't have an agenda it would be worth taking note of . But it wasn't,  it was a blatant attempt to change the narrative as admitted by Boris before it even started. 

Every time I revisit this thread I hope to see the news this knee taking nonsense has stopped. 

Surely it will before the start of next season , no doubt they'll find another way to turn a football match into a political message. 

28 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

That's not what I said , if it was an independent inquiry with people appointed who didn't have an agenda it would be worth taking note of . But it wasn't,  it was a blatant attempt to change the narrative as admitted by Boris before it even started. 

There''s people without an agenda. Are they aliens living on Mars?

33 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

What a load of pony. 

Have all these people got an “agenda”? 

People like you are desperate to find racism, desperate to portray us as a racist country. The vast vast majority of the country agree with these fine people. I thought you Wokies respected the BAME communities lived experience, respected “their truth”. It appears that this respect only applies when they agree with you, when they don’t they’re a bunch of Uncle Toms helping whitey change the narrative. Luckily most of  the good folk of this great country know the truth and that’s way chumps like you keep losing elections, and will continue to lose them,  until you stop with this race baiting pony. 

FA567011-A493-4B03-9F78-9CA31E7970B1.jpeg

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What a load of pony. 

People like you are desperate to find racism, desperate to portray us as a racist country. The vast vast majority of the country agree with these fine people. I thought you Wokies respected the BAME communities lived experience, respected “their truth”. It appears that this respect only applies when they agree with you, when they don’t they’re a bunch of Uncle Toms helping whitey change the narrative. Luckily most of  the good folk of this great country know the truth and that’s way chumps like you keep losing elections, and will continue to lose them,  until you stop with this race baiting pony. 

Impressive rant totally incorrect in what I think or what point I was making about this report . 

1 hour ago, Baird of the land said:

There''s people without an agenda. Are they aliens living on Mars?

This is the issue, there is no one without an agenda. You either are a POC who thinks the UK is racist or a POC who doesn’t. And then there are the little weird white woke folk who like to be outraged on behalf of everyone else. 

It kind of makes The report is just pointless. But if a POC is saying the UK isn’t racist, then that’s good enough for me. 

5 minutes ago, SKD said:

This is the issue, there is no one without an agenda. You either are a POC who thinks the UK is racist or a POC who doesn’t. And then there are the little weird white woke folk who like to be outraged on behalf of everyone else. 

It kind of makes The report is just pointless. But if a POC is saying the UK isn’t racist, then that’s good enough for me. 

It’s the weird white folk that are the worst.  middle class white people, living In white middle class towns With huge superiority complexes thinking they can tell everyone how racist they are and how we should do more to help POCs Yet they only time they see a none white person is when they get their monthly takeaway. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SKD said:

They were never going to take the knee for this Marxist organisation. A country that experienced the horrors of communism first hand. 

The difference between a nation to see the issues first hand and the some idiotic students who’ve been brainwashed in university. 

I know who I’d be backing 👍🏻

True. I can’t take these posh white middle class student cunts seriously. They may think waving a few banners might make a difference when after the march they go back to their notting hill flat with sky tv and drink a g and t, maybe text daddy on their iPhone because they’re down to their last 5k and need a top up. If they really want to do something go spend 6 months in Africa building a orphanage or trying to find water help the thousands in real trouble rather than the ones moaning they can’t get a job as CEO of Deloitte because they’ve only got 2 GCSEs which wasnt their Fault ad they would have got a degree if white people hadn’t held them back.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, East Kent Saint said:

What you’re saying basically. Is that the govt picked the wrong people of colour yeah? 🙄

3 minutes ago, Dorchester Saint said:

What you’re saying basically. Is that the govt picked the wrong people of colour yeah? 🙄

Not at all , as was said by an ex police chief inspector who gave information to the commission, they all had the same right leaning mindset so weren’t balanced at all. He said their conclusions about the police in the report were the same as Lord Scarman’s report 40 years ago. Likewise academics that were also consulted are saying their evidence was misrepresented in the report . 
A commission member said that there was institutional racism but they did not it in the areas they looked at !

It seems to be a PR exercise which won’t have much effect IMHO.

21 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Not at all , as was said by an ex police chief inspector who gave information to the commission, they all had the same right leaning mindset so weren’t balanced at all. He said their conclusions about the police in the report were the same as Lord Scarman’s report 40 years ago. Likewise academics that were also consulted are saying their evidence was misrepresented in the report . 
A commission member said that there was institutional racism but they did not it in the areas they looked at !

It seems to be a PR exercise which won’t have much effect IMHO.

Okay so you’d only believe a report if it was done by left wing People of colour? 😂

• Like 1

22 hours ago, East Kent Saint said:

It doesn't exist. Nice to have a report that confirms what the vast majority already know. 

• Like 3

Ha ha , I would have a bit more faith in an enquiry if it was a cross party committee ie left , right and centre participants who weren’t told beforehand that they needed to change the narrative before they start . 

institutional racism does exist said a member of the present committee but they didn’t find it in the areas they looked at ! 

We all know it exists but 99.9 % of the time we don’t come in to contact with it , probably because we are mainly white . I am really bothered ? Fair chance for all I say having lived through the golden years of the 60 s 70 s and enjoying my company pension and now my state pension 😁.

Not that it matters at all as we have now moved on to Covid Passports are evil beyond all comprehension! Oh and Russia have amassed huge military forces on the Ukrainian border and warned NATO not to poke their nose in , taking their lead from China , WW 3 here we come 😷

3 hours ago, East Kent Saint said:

Not that it matters at all as we have now moved on to Covid Passports are evil beyond all comprehension! Oh and Russia have amassed huge military forces on the Ukrainian border and warned NATO not to poke their nose in , taking their lead from China , WW 3 here we come 😷

China has already got one up on the rest of the world after fucking it’s economy with its virus. Yet all millions of people here are worried about is it not being referred to as the China virus incase of offends anyone 

Edited by Turkish

On 01/04/2021 at 19:21, Lord Duckhunter said:

What a load of pony. 

No point arguing with the modern left wing apologists. Also, merely as an observation, another point to come out of all of this is that the term BAME is now considered to exclusionary and problematic term :) 

Edited by Saint86

On 01/04/2021 at 19:21, Lord Duckhunter said:

What a load of pony. 

All of them set up by Boris to give the out come he wanted.Every one of them “right leaning“ you’ve got a report committee made up mainly of non white people saying the UK isn’t institutionally racist and white people telling them they’re full of shit, you can’t make this up  😂 

Edited by Turkish

• Lighthouse changed the title to Things That are Racist
7 hours ago, Turkish said:

All of them set up by Boris to give the out come he wanted.Every one of them “right leaning“ you’ve got a report committee made up mainly of non white people saying the UK isn’t institutionally racist and white people telling them they’re full of shit, you can’t make this up  😂 

Agree

On 29/11/2020 at 14:10, Lighthouse said:

I reckon there’s something evolutionary in it. Most primates I can think of live in clans/groups or whatever the collective term is and tend to be quite standoffish against each other. Perhaps we’ve evolved some form of antagonism towards those who appear physically different, or at least a mistrust.

Tribalism is universal , you could say Racist but Tribalism fits the bill , distrust of anyone who is not like you . Until you get to know them .