Things That are Racist

Turkish

Fuck me the crusades were nearly 1000 years ago (and were ultimately a failure), it's not as if people are dressing up as SS guards. Since they were perpetrated by Europeans (mainly French) at the behest of the Catholic church, who exactly in a European sporting tournament is going to be genuinely offended ?

20 minutes ago, kyle04 said:

Fuck me the crusades were nearly 1000 years ago (and were ultimately a failure), it's not as if people are dressing up as SS guards. Since they were perpetrated by Europeans (mainly French) at the behest of the Catholic church, who exactly in a European sporting tournament is going to be genuinely offended ?

Ok?

1 hour ago, supersonic said:

Nonsense. The system is failing due to 10 years of Tory cuts, not because people have been using the term "white privilege" for the past year. 

Funny how white kids have been effected most though

30 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Funny how white kids have been effected most though

Not because of race, it's because of class. 

Funny how, on Windrush Day, the only story you've chosen to share is one of a non-race story, instead of the hundreds of examples of actual racism out there.

3 minutes ago, supersonic said:

Not because of race, it's because of class. 

Funny how, on Windrush Day, the only story you've chosen to share is one of a non-race story, instead of the hundreds of examples of actual racism out there.

Why mention they are white in the media then? Funny how when it's black working class kids being talked about it's not a class problem, it's racism. 

29 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Why mention they are white in the media then? Funny how when it's black working class kids being talked about it's not a class problem, it's racism. 

There was no need to mention the colour of their skin as it's not the denominator. 

"What is white privilege?"

@JohnAmaechi: "white privilege doesn't mean that your life isn't hard or that you've never suffered, it simply means that your skin colour has not been the cause of your hardship"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Its the black elites who run the country trying to suppress the neglected white kids apparently.

Just ask muckie. He is neglected.

31 minutes ago, whelk said:

"What is white privilege?"

@JohnAmaechi: "white privilege doesn't mean that your life isn't hard or that you've never suffered, it simply means that your skin colour has not been the cause of your hardship"

Funnily enough though when we’re talking about working class white people it’s a class issue when we talk about working class black people it’s a race issue. Maybe it’s just a class issue?

29 minutes ago, Antrimsaint said:

Are you on drugs? Why am I a “character”?

Real people exist and they can express themselves. I think you are projecting. After all you are a troll.

Antrim is a good one pal. And the voice of reason act all over racism threads. I’m sure I’ve seen this sort of behaviour before. “You fool no one” 🤣

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Funnily enough though when we’re talking about working class white people it’s a class issue when we talk about working class black people it’s a race issue. Maybe it’s just a class issue?

Have you considered the hardships faced by black working class people could be for both their race and class?

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Watch the video (2mins only) and he makes comparison to disabled people. Anyway made good sense to me. 

Edited by whelk

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Not at all, imagine someone else asked you the question... and then give answering a question a try for once.

Not all questions are valid or relevant questions that require answers. Your questions falls under this category. Not for the first time! 

6 minutes ago, whelk said:

Watch the video (2mins only) and he makes comparison to disabled people. Anyway made good sense to me. 

Honestly I found the disabled comparison a little patronising and a deflection.  When he gets back on topic he doesn't really explain what 'his' hardship is.  

If people, other than those who are white, are unfairly treated by police or in school then yes, that needs to be identified and addressed, but I think UK society has done pretty well to keep things as fair and square as is possible.  

One thing his speech did make me think about is how difficult disabled people still have it.  Perhaps we should be devoting more effort in that direction?  

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

Hilarious! 🙄

Explain why it isn't a valid question.

Not all questions are valid or relevant questions that require answers. Your questions falls under this category. Not for the first time! 

1 minute ago, Manuel said:

Honestly I found the disabled comparison a little patronising and a deflection.  When he gets back on topic he doesn't really explain what 'his' hardship is.  

If people, other than those who are white, are unfairly treated by police or in school then yes, that needs to be identified and addressed, but I think UK society has done pretty well to keep things as fair and square as is possible.  

One thing his speech did make me think about is how difficult disabled people still have it.  Perhaps we should be devoting more effort in that direction?  

Agreed. He basically says white privileged is anyone who hasn’t experienced racism. I’d say a lot of the issues these days are class related rather than colour. 

Yeah, I accept that you could say I am privileged because I grew up in the UK, in a fairly stable household, both my parents stayed together, they both worked hard so we always had the things we needed, they cared about my education, we had friends who would help us if needed, the town we lived in was reasonable.  That's what makes me privileged IMO but I don't think a person of different race couldn't also have all of that.  

13 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I’m calling the police 👮‍♀️ 

Sorry, your definition of racism is skewed. Calling you neglected or diminished isn’t racist. Do you understand Muckie?

Calling me a Mick is xenophobic ergo requiring sanction. If no sanction then escalation. 
Just do it again if you like. Only way to deal with racist bullies.

27 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Agreed. He basically says white privileged is anyone who hasn’t experienced racism. I’d say a lot of the issues these days are class related rather than colour. 

I guess entrenched views are not easily dislodged 

32 minutes ago, Manuel said:

He has talked about getting off a bus and being called a black bastard before. That happened to you? I know some may preach about what an unfair world it is being black which grates with a few but is undeniable that white people are not best placed to realise much of what goes on. I thought the disabled comparison illustrated it well but on this but is tiresome as discussions are rarely fruitful.

On 18/06/2021 at 12:15, supersonic said:

There are reports which conclude all major institutes (NHS, Police, Schooling, Housing, etc) are institutionally racist. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Last month there was an anti-immigration rally in Dover. (6)

Xenophobic and Racist hate crimes increased by over 30% in the last year. (7)

Boris Johnson has a history of racism (8)

Brexit happened. (No citation required)

Sources:

(1) https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/health/nhs-health-racism-commission-uk-b1825705.html%3famp

(2) https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/277111/4262.pdf

(3) https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.runnymedetrust.org/uploads/publications/pdfs/Runnymede%20Secondary%20Schools%20report%20FINAL.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwi2xaa8hKHxAhWD_7sIHc0-D5sQFnoECB0QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1Qcgd1yQMgbmzbEWzaQDSq

(4) https://www.civilsociety.co.uk/news/charity-supporting-grenfell-victims-admits-long-term-culture-of-institutional-racism.html

(5) https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theweek.co.uk/106258/windrush-report-home-office-showed-hallmarks-of-institutional-racism%3famp

(6) https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/29/arrests-at-dover-anti-immigration-protest

(7) https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/13/crimes-linked-to-race-and-religion-rise-in-england-and-wales

(8) https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-record-sexist-homophobic-and-racist-comments-bumboys-piccaninnies-2019-6%3famp

So tell me again, which part of it is Pony? 

A very good post but it will fall on deaf ears. The racism apologists are contrary and cannot accept their own closed minds. I think they are beyond help.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Manuel said:

Yeah, I accept that you could say I am privileged because I grew up in the UK, in a fairly stable household, both my parents stayed together, they both worked hard so we always had the things we needed, they cared about my education, we had friends who would help us if needed, the town we lived in was reasonable.  That's what makes me privileged IMO but I don't think a person of different race couldn't also have all of that.  

Which is exactly what is not being said 

9 minutes ago, Antrimsaint said:

Calling me a Mick is xenophobic ergo requiring sanction. If no sanction then escalation. 

I didn’t realise i’d upset you. Perhaps you should have mentioned it on every other thread over and over again. 

As a women I find your attacks sexist. 

8 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

As a women I find your attacks sexist

I apologise if anything I have said is sexist and if I offended you I apologise. I will look inward at my behaviour and try and be more accommodating. Again Muckie I apologise for  my sexist remarks .

5 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

You’ve more chance of going to the moon in a shoe box. 

And thats why you are a diminished woman. I am sorry you feel that way so I will have to continue to call out your xenophobia and racism whenever it rears its head. 

Just now, badgerx16 said:

Certain other aspects of his morphology do.

She said she was a woman. If that is the pronoun she chooses I am not going to be transphopic and deny her her identity. I am sure she can count me as an ally in her journey.

If she is a liar however, I will just add it to the of xenophobe, racist, liar. The list grows.