Things That are Racist

Turkish

On 07/06/2022 at 21:51, AlexLaw76 said:

What is weird about it exactly? You know full well that there are people like this here in this country and you know full well that these people take blasphemy seriously just like much of the Christian world used to do. What is weird is that a grown man has spent so many years of his life trawling the internet for little snippets that reenforce his world view that foreigners/Muslims are dodgy and posting them on a football forum. If you are that concerned about these people why not go and work for Priti Patel? You can then spend your day productively sending Johnny Foreigner back overseas where he/she belongs rather than pretending that finding an interview with a Muslim with a hard line view is something “weird.”

13 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

What is weird about it exactly? You know full well that there are people like this here in this country and you know full well that these people take blasphemy seriously just like much of the Christian world used to do. What is weird is that a grown man has spent so many years of his life trawling the internet for little snippets that reenforce his world view that foreigners/Muslims are dodgy and posting them on a football forum. If you are that concerned about these people why not go and work for Priti Patel? You can then spend your day productively sending Johnny Foreigner back overseas where he/she belongs rather than pretending that finding an interview with a Muslim with a hard line view is something “weird.”

Such a strange, bitter old man. I expect you saw all the union jack bunting last weekend and were shitting it about the rise in facism. 

14 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

You don’t think it is weird. Righty ho!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

What's wierd is he has a go at you for being a grown man posting stuff on football forums when he spends his his whole life posting his preachy shite across multiple forums and everyone on all of them thinks he's complete crumpet. 

43 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

It isn’t the least unusual is it? Every time there is some high profile “blasphemy” there is pushback from the more militant Muslims (as well you know because you always highlight it). There has been plenty of measured criticism about the film on the media over the last few days, it is a shame, but not surprising, that you have chosen this particular clip and not one of those. So why is this particularly “weird” when people in Paris were murdered because someone drew a cartoon of the prophet? You make it sound like it is unusual when you know perfectly well that it is anything but.It is what you do Alex. You used to do it as Delldays. You used to do it as Batman. You are doing it again now and will do it as your next persona. 

31 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

It isn’t the least unusual is it? Every time there is some high profile “blasphemy” there is pushback from the more militant Muslims (as well you know because you always highlight it). There has been plenty of measured criticism about the film on the media over the last few days, it is a shame, but not surprising, that you have chosen this particular clip and not one of those. So why is this particularly “weird” when people in Paris were murdered because someone drew a cartoon of the prophet? You make it sound like it is unusual when you know perfectly well that it is anything but.It is what you do Alex. You used to do it as Delldays. You used to do it as Batman. You are doing it again now and will do it as your next persona. 

😂

Response feels really over the top. Someone uses a word in an acting improv session, not as a personal insult. Doesn't feel like appalling racism to me, someone inadvertently offending someone while trying to act in character.  Also curious are they trying to claim the phrase 'he spoke as if his mouth was “full of chocolate cake”' was racist. Feels like a reach, oh he said chocolate, i'm black ergo he was being racist. Been listening to John McWhorter talk about this and it really resonated.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/10/top-drama-school-apologises-paapa-essiedu-michaela-coel-appalling-racism-guildhall

12 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Let’s play ‘Wheel of Racism’

lets spin the wheel to see what is now racist…

*Spins wheel*

Glastonbury!

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/lenny-henry-glastonbury-festival-diversity-b2100418.html?amp

Did he mention anything about it being “racist?” I read the article earlier and not once did it cross my mind that he was referring to it being “racist.” He talks about it being a cultural thing and yes, he is right, you don’t see many black/brown faces in the crowd. Still, you put it through the Delldays/Batman filter and out it comes as another failed attempt to make a point that doesn’t exist. Does someone pay you to do this everyday? If so perhaps  they should use someone else as you are not very good at it, despite your many years of practice.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Did he mention anything about it being “racist?” I read the article earlier and not once did it cross my mind that he was referring to it being “racist.” He talks about it being a cultural thing and yes, he is right, you don’t see many black/brown faces in the crowd. Still, you put it through the Delldays/Batman filter and out it comes as another failed attempt to make a point that doesn’t exist. Does someone pay you to do this everyday? If so perhaps  they should use someone else as you are not very good at it, despite your many years of practice.

We don’t refer to people as “Brown” anymore.

14 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

We don’t refer to people as “Brown” anymore.

Lenny Henry did. So have you managed to find the part in the article where it said that Glastonbury refuse to sell tickets to ethnic minorities (better for you?). Where is the quote from Lenny Henry which makes you think he is accusing the festival of being “racist?”

• Confused 1

English people, who hate England and English Cultures. In fact scratch that; anyone living in the UK and hating anything English. 

White people who side with minority groups as a kind of virtue signaling exercise, to make themselves look good and feel better.

BLM

MOBO
Blimey, I could go on for ages. Simple answer, everyone is the same, so let's stop any focus on ethnicity, colour, creed etc., whether positive or negative. Person. People. Him. Her. Not a lot else needed. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Lenny Henry did. So have you managed to find the part in the article where it said that Glastonbury refuse to sell tickets to ethnic minorities (better for you?). Where is the quote from Lenny Henry which makes you think he is accusing the festival of being “racist?”

When I said ‘we’ I meant white people.

you would not call them the N word would you, but Lenny could.

please get into the 21st century 

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

When I said ‘we’ I meant white people.

you would not call them the N word would you, but Lenny could.

please get into the 21st century 

So let me get this right. I am not allowed to quote what Lenny Henry says because I am white? Ok!

That’s right out of the classic Delldays /Batman playbook. I’ll let you get back to trawling the internet for things that aren’t racist.

For the record he said “I’m always surprised by the lack of black and brown faces at festivals” if you have an issue with that perhaps take it up with Sir Lenny himself? He didn’t use the N word and why would he, so why bring that up? Be honest you are just trying to deflect from the fact you posted something which you said was about racism when it wasn’t about racism at all, but about “cultural differences.” 

Keep spinning that wheel Delldays.

Edited by sadoldgit
Added text
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

So let me get this right. I am not allowed to quote what Lenny Henry says because I am white? Ok!

That’s right out of the classic Delldays /Batman playbook. I’ll let you get back to trawling the internet for things that aren’t racist.

Would you have typed the N word if he said it? No, no you wouldn’t.

Let’s us know when you arrive in the 21st century. Ta!

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Would you have typed the N word if he said it? No, no you wouldn’t.

Let’s us know when you arrive in the 21st century. Ta!

the desperation from Soggy on here to appear like some voice of reason speaking out against all forms of injustice is quite tragic. He protests a bit too much, definitely some history here he's trying to make amends for. Sort of like the Romney Marsh version of Derek Vinyard.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I stand (kneel) with Gary. I guess “darkish” is the new black!

BEE2FB2F-016A-4F73-99CB-73A8EE2A9D93.jpeg

"pretty much racist abuse" What does that mean? I bet you think is bollocks just Gary "Woke" Linekar trying to fit in.

20 minutes ago, Turkish said:

"pretty much racist abuse" What does that mean? I bet you think is bollocks just Gary "Woke" Linekar trying to fit in.

Someone like Gary Linekar to identify with those receiving racist abuse is probably the next logical step for him.

wont be long before he releases a blog about his journey through menopause 

Edited by AlexLaw76

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Someone like Gary Linekar to identify with those receiving racist abuse is probably the next logical step for him.

Imagine being such a thick cunt to get so easily triggered? Is he your top bogey man?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Gary Linekar wishing he was racially abused is pretty funny though

9 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Did you actually read what he said before you posted your (usual) asinine, knee jerk reaction?

Any attempt to discuss racism seriously sadly attracts people like you like moths to a flame.

Out of interest, do you think it is ok for people to be bullied or discriminated against just because they look different?

Edited by sadoldgit
Added text
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Did you actually read what he said before you posted your (usual) asinine, knee jerk reaction?

Any attempt to discuss racism seriously sadly attracts people like you like moths to a flame.

world of warcraft legion GIF

13 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

The jug-eared aren’t a race Soggy. 

And “chicks” aren’t a human gender Duckie.

Here’s one for you Batman. Today on LBC presenter James O’Brien referred to Priti Patel as a “brown lady.” I know how you love a bit of faux outrage about non-existent racist terms so I thought you would like to know.

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

And “chicks” aren’t a human gender Duckie.

Here’s one for you Batman. Today on LBC presenter James O’Brien referred to Priti Patel as a “brown lady.” I know how you love a bit of faux outrage about non-existent racist terms so I thought you would like to know.

She is

Do you think you can tell which posters sent you all those funny pictures with John Terry’s in full kit super imposed in all those amusing situations?  Humour has no bounds and such rich material to pick from. Arf arf

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, whelk said:

See the censorship is alive and kicking. Don’t dare mention a certain word beginning with P. No one can handle it 

Too many were offended obviously, I think the server crashed under the welter of indignation.

27 minutes ago, whelk said:

See the censorship is alive and kicking. Don’t dare mention a certain word beginning with P. No one can handle it 

Has the P word been downgraded to only “pretty much racist abuse” these days? As that’s the level of racial abuse he claims he got 

i would also like to add that I too have pretty much been racially abused in the past, despite also being as English as they come. As we’re all at it

Edited by Turkish

It wasn’t removed because of the word, if you feel the need to use or reference it in the right context then carry on. However, I don’t think there’s much point or taste in discussing, "is Gary Lineker a Paki," even in a thread as low brow as this.