Things That are Racist

Turkish

5 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

Keep your culture wars going, distractions from real problems. Its ok our ruling elite will steal away the family silver while you lot argue about trans and identity politics.

The triumph of Tories is to convince working people that they are not working people.

Can you let the famous Tory-wrag The Guardian know.

image.thumb.png.e1c5a87e27b8d3be3ed86a584c3c980f.png

3 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Can you let the famous Tory-wrag The Guardian know.

image.thumb.png.e1c5a87e27b8d3be3ed86a584c3c980f.png

Point entirely made, thankyou!

4 million children going hungry every day in the United Kingdom and this is the distraction technique. Well done for reinforcing the point.

I will take the point that all sides do it. Its a distraction but you all fall for it.

The fact you search out an article on an identity issue says it all!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warriorsaint said:

Point entirely made, thankyou!

4 million children going hungry every day in the United Kingdom and this is the distraction technique. Well done for reinforcing the point.

I will take the point that all sides do it. Its a distraction but you all fall for it.

The fact you search out an article on an identity issue says it all!

I would guess the Guardian readership are all for it, in this instance.

On 01/03/2023 at 13:37, AlexLaw76 said:

It is literally the Guardian printing this stuff. Dismiss that from your reality if you like.

You actually don’t know how to read do you?

You can’t actually deduce a number of points within a post or in fact detect nuance.

You see a gotcha moment and run with it like a bull in a china shop.

Your limitations astound me!

24 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

You can’t actually deduce a number of points within a post or in fact detect nuance.

🤣

On 01/03/2023 at 09:59, Warriorsaint said:

Troll!

On 01/03/2023 at 13:37, AlexLaw76 said:

It is literally the Guardian printing this stuff. Dismiss that from your reality if you like.

44 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

What nuances actually existed in your one word post that he responded to.

Absolutely actually fucking deluded.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Disgraceful verdict. Feels like cricket went back to the 60s today.

Shame SSN when interviewing Rafiq never mention his anti-Jewish texts. Just washed over as youthful exuberance it seems or a race that counts for less 

• 2 weeks later...

Strangely the issue of are golliwogs racist is a thing again thanks to a racist pub landlord having a selection on display in his pub and them being removed by the police. Surprise, surprise, Suella Braverman has also waded in on the side of the landlord. It seems I went to sleep in 2023 and woke up in 1970. Cue the usual white reactionary suspects on here lining up to argue that they are not.

Things that are racist - Rishi Sunak & Suella Braverman

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2023/apr/12/tory-peer-warsi-accuses-suella-braverman-racist-rhetoric-grooming-gangs

Edited by sadoldgit
Add text

53 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Strangely the issue of are golliwogs racist is a thing again thanks to a racist pub landlord having a selection on display in his pub and them being removed by the police. Surprise, surprise, Suella Braverman has also waded in on the side of the landlord. It seems I went to sleep in 2023 and woke up in 1970. Cue the usual white reactionary suspects on here lining up to argue that they are not.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2023/apr/12/tory-peer-warsi-accuses-suella-braverman-racist-rhetoric-grooming-gangs

Can you edit once more and provide a link rather than one you previously posted that isn't related to your post?

• Haha 1

On 31/03/2023 at 12:41, saint1977 said:

BBC TMS could invite him back for the Ashes, but bet they won’t. Loved that 2005 team and he’s a good commentator.

Is he? He spends half the day flirting with Isa Guha (who wouldn’t!) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Guess you had one then in the days when you called "them" coconuts and before you turned all Derek Vinyard. I bet it was your favourite cuddly toy and you called it Winston. Am i warm?

Edited by Turkish

11 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

A new variation on an old meme,

"How many Police officers does it take to remove a doll from a pub ?"

( Answer - 5 ).

‘I’m still shocked that six officers came to my pub last week, surrounded me and took away my collection of golliwogs."

6 Actually. Reported as a hate crime, jesus wept :facepalm:

I wouldn’t drink in an ale house with golliwogs on display (or one where middle class whitey’s call “them” coconuts). Anyone who puts them up is clearly trolling snowflakes and trying to create a reaction. However, it’s outrageous that so many coppers needed to turn up mob handed to deal with it. Local plod should have just had a word, if that didn’t do the trick there are other subtle actions they can take, that don’t involve escalating it and making the landlords martyrs. Fucking wooden top planks….

As for Braveman wading in on the side of the landlady , I looked in his woke bible and they wrote this regarding this fake news. 

“The people who the home secretary would be in touch with in our force would be the deputy chief constable and the chief constable. Neither of them have had any contact with her. We have not had any contact that we would deem official with the Home Office.” An adviser did ask for a briefing about the raid but there was no rebuke, the spokesman said.”

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Even some of her own party members think she is racist. She didn’t even bother to speak to the Essex police to find out their side of the story before she launched into her usual knee jerk anti woke rhetoric. No surprise there, or that the far right swallow it up.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2023/apr/15/braverman-rebuke-police-golly-pub-dolls-home-office

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Even some of her own party members think she is racist. She didn’t even bother to speak to the Essex police to find out their side of the story before she launched into her usual knee jerk anti woke rhetoric. No surprise there, or that the far right swallow it up.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2023/apr/15/braverman-rebuke-police-golly-pub-dolls-home-office

Are you seriously suggesting that people who think that the police went over the top are "far right"? I know people (2 can play that game SoG) who are lefter than lands end who think the police were ott and that Braverman had a point.

If you could express your opinion on issues without being so quick to pass judgement/opinion/criticism of other peoples views, you'd possibly be close to bearable mate. 

1 hour ago, egg said:

Are you seriously suggesting that people who think that the police went over the top are "far right"? I know people (2 can play that game SoG) who are lefter than lands end who think the police were ott and that Braverman had a point.

If you could express your opinion on issues without being so quick to pass judgement/opinion/criticism of other peoples views, you'd possibly be close to bearable mate. 

I am not saying that the police did not go over the top in sending 5 officers (although I don’t know the reasons behind that decision) but the “far right” are lapping up the whole golliwog thing. And thanks for your advice egg, perhaps you should also pass it on to a few of your mates on here too. When you say that Braverman had a point, don’t you think that the Home Secretary could have at least check in with Essex police and asked for their reasoning before launching her attack on them?

16 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

I am not saying that the police did not go over the top in sending 5 officers (although I don’t know the reasons behind that decision) but the “far right” are lapping up the whole golliwog thing. And thanks for your advice egg, perhaps you should also pass it on to a few of your mates on here too. When you say that Braverman had a point, don’t you think that the Home Secretary could have at least check in with Essex police and asked for their reasoning before launching her attack on them?

Have you got a source for the 'far right lapping it up'?

• Like 1

Not speaking to the police chief before sounding off was naive of her, but, she had a point. The wokeness in this country has gotten ridiculous, and fair play to her for highlighting it in this situation. 

That all said, why you insist in banging on about the far right, and opine that she's considered a racist, I'm not sure. By all means have your opinion on something, but your desire to give people a label if they have a different one to you is one reason why you consistently get a kicking on here. You don't help yourself. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

What's to "get away with" ? It is almost certainly true.

It is true that the police should use stop and search more on black people? It seems that an awful lot of white people are currently knifing people to death.

Edited by sadoldgit
Add text

56 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

It is true that the police should use stop and search more on black people? It seems that an awful lot of white people are currently knifing people to death.

No. They should use the tactic appropriately, and as you have pointed out perhaps more proportionally with other ethnic groups. There is a bigger issue with how the Police use it,  but that is a different matter, the startng position should be ' does S&S work' ? Ms Badenoch thinks it does.

Edited by badgerx16

It's a very simple answer to a loaded question and another one of soggys little crusades where he think's be being clever.

They should use stop and search on anyone they believe may be carrying a knife regardless of skin colour. However in somewhere with a very low threat of knife crime, like Romney Marsh for example, where there is a 98% white community you'd expect the stop and search to be very low. Now compared to say Brixton where knife crime is rife but there is a significant non white population then common sense tells you that more non white people would be subject to stop and search than in a region that is over whelmingly white. 

I also note with interest that despite being the self appointed forum warrior against racism there has not been one comment around the racist expression that was used on here yesterday.

Edited by Turkish

Oh dear. According to Chat GPT it seems you have some more work to do: 

Having a black barber or any other personal relationship with someone from a different race does not automatically make someone less racist. While personal relationships with people from different racial or ethnic backgrounds can help to build empathy and understanding, it does not necessarily mean that the individual has overcome their own biases and prejudices.

Reducing racism involves more than just having diverse personal relationships; it requires a deep examination of one's own biases, active efforts to learn about and understand different cultures and experiences, and a commitment to taking action to challenge and confront racism in all its forms. So while having a black barber may be a positive experience, it does not guarantee that the individual has become less racist.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

I also note with interest that despite being the self appointed forum warrior against racism there has not been one comment around the racist expression that was used on here yesterday.

The second time that a genuine racist term has been used on this forum and nothing has been done about it. 

Now I don’t really understand the difference between “person of colour” and “coloured person” but we need to move with the times. 

17 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

The sanctimonious Thought Police are out in force.

have you ever accused soggy of being sanctimonious? You know the guy who regularly congratulates himself on accusing everyone else of being racist?

Just now, badgerx16 said:

You do see the irony of the last part of that sentence ?

There isn't any. You used a racist expression so i pulled you up on it. It's as simple as that. Now you're squinnying and scrambling around trying to deflect. Unlike Soggy I've not spent years going around labelling everyone that doesn't agree with me racist. 

18 minutes ago, Turkish said:

There isn't any. You used a racist expression so i pulled you up on it. It's as simple as that. Now you're squinnying and scrambling around trying to deflect. Unlike Soggy I've not spent years going around labelling everyone that doesn't agree with me racist. 

Who put you in place to "pull people up" on fantasy faux outrage ? What right do you have to play Holier Than Thou ?