Things That are Racist

Turkish

2 hours ago, skintsaint said:

So there has never been a black bully ? What about Idi Amin for starters, closely followed by Robert Mugabe...........

Further down that article is another candidate, Daylight Saving Time;

https://nypost.com/2022/11/26/cnn-claims-daylight-savings-time-disproportionately-impacts-people-of-color/

Edited by badgerx16

3 hours ago, SotonianWill said:

Someone in my household has Harry and Meghan on Netflix, they’ve made it out that Brexit and wanting good immigration policy is now racist. 

“Someone in my household” okay mate 🤣

They’re massively playing the race card went on about the tabloids talking about where she was from when they first got together then claiming Brexit and the sweeping racist movement across Britain made it impossible for anyone to accept her. Despite the fact they’d show a short series of clips and integiews with the media talking about how positive it was for a member of the royal family to be marrying someone mixed race 

now they’re going on about the slave trade from Britain. Jesus Christ 

Edited by Turkish

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Lets play a game of Wheel of Racism.

Contestants must spin the wheel to discover what is now racist....here goes.

*Spins wheel*

Obesity

image.png.6a90773339de46128d18e32fb570977d.png

Not that I give credence to some nut on Twitter but so many idiots trying to misuse the word violent. Silence is violence is beyond moronic. Yeah but it rhymes

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Lets play a game of Wheel of Racism.

Contestants must spin the wheel to discover what is now racist....here goes.

*Spins wheel*

Obesity

image.png.6a90773339de46128d18e32fb570977d.png

In Alexander McCall Smith's books, women in Botswana are not overweight, they are "traditionally built".

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Plastic said:

Astonishing.

I notice the article doesn't say what they replace the word 'field' with in this context.  Perhaps it will be something along the lines of "we shall be going into the large expanse of land where crops and or grass can sometimes be grown, to carry out some work".  Catchy! Rolls off the tongue.

12 hours ago, Plastic said:

So W.C. and Gracie can longer be mentioned ? Rather plays havoc with Churchill's "Never in the ----- of human conflict" speech in history courses.

What happens if there is a Chicago sports team supporter among the students wanting to talk about their home stadium ?

5 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

So W.C. and Gracie can longer be mentioned ? Rather plays havoc with Churchill's "Never in the ----- of human conflict" speech in history courses.

What happens if there is a Chicago sports team supporter among the students wanting to talk about their home stadium ?

W.C. and Gracie would have to be just that - although W.C. not to be confused with w.c.

Churchill will have to be changed to "Never in the 'large grassy area where cattle can sometimes graze and crops can sometimes grow' of human (is that still allowed or is it too binary?) conflict".....

“Let me take you down, cause i’m going to Strawberry large expanse of land where crops and or grass can sometimes be grown.

Nothing is real, and nothing to get hung about, Strawberry large expanse of land where crops and or grass can sometimes be  grown, forever”. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

“Let me take you down, cause i’m going to Strawberry large expanse of land where crops and or grass can sometimes be grown.

Nothing is real, and nothing to get hung about, Strawberry large expanse of land where crops and or grass can sometimes be  grown, forever”. 

Don't know why they didn't write it like that in the first place.  Far catchier.

Soggy is off to see the new Kevin Costner film at the weekend. Evidently it’s great “large expanse of land where crops and or grass can sometimes be grown of dreams”. He’ll be having a large expanse of land where crops or grass can sometimes be  grown day in the back row with Mrs Sog. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

The Guardian 

The trio accused The Guardian of “institutional racism, editorial whiteness and ignorance,” adding that the newspaper had attempted to “whitewash” history during the making of the podcast.

https://deadline.com/2023/01/the-guardian-podcast-slavery-racism-complaint-1235238808/

Was this whilst Soggy was working there?

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

She has quite a surreal outlook on life that seems to be that 'racism exists, ergo anything can be racist'.

Her come back when questioned simply seems to be 'you haven't got the lived experience'.

And that everyone is racist towards black people even black people themselves and anyone white who disagrees with her cannot possibly understand as they’re not black. It really was weird

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, egg said:

I'm not sure what they expect...give an award to a less deserving person just because he/she is black? Slippery slope if that's the expectation. 

It’s your unconscious bias that tells you this. We need BAFTA’s of Black origin and we need it now!

#BoBo - make sure you get the capitalisations right.

11 hours ago, egg said:

I'm not sure what they expect...give an award to a less deserving person just because he/she is black? Slippery slope if that's the expectation. 

That’s what they want though isn’t it. This whole diversity nonsense is basically promoting all this? Give people stuff because of their gender, skin colour or race.