Things That are Racist

Turkish

44 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

It wasn’t removed because of the word, if you feel the need to use or reference it in the right context then carry on. However, I don’t think there’s much point or taste in discussing, "is Gary Lineker a Paki," even in a thread as low brow as this.

Well if he was being called that as a kid and people saying it isn’t racist abuse because he isn’t Asian. That isn’t a low brow point it clearly was racist abuse.

5 minutes ago, whelk said:

Well if he was being called that as a kid and people saying it isn’t racist abuse because he isn’t Asian. That isn’t a low brow point it clearly was racist abuse.

Fair point, post it again. Sorry, I can’t undelete it.

29 minutes ago, whelk said:

I’m sorry but I find it very hard to believe Linekar was racially abused. I think he probably hopes he was because it makes him more right on. He’s been in the public eye for over 40 years but first time he’s ever mention it, even then it’s a bit vague saying “pretty much racial abuse” if he was called a paki that ain’t “pretty much” I’m calling bullshit on this one

When I came back off a two week holiday to Jamaica a few years ago someone commented that I looked like a local, so if linekar claims that one I am too 

Edited by Turkish

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

It wasn’t removed because of the word, if you feel the need to use or reference it in the right context then carry on. However, I don’t think there’s much point or taste in discussing, "is Gary Lineker a Paki," even in a thread as low brow as this.

Low brow? This is a great thread, 20 months and 44 pages long and going Better than I hoped when it was started 

Lineker's had the sort of privilege in life most of us can only dream of. Talent enough in our countries top sport to make it to the top level, followed by a very lucrative media career, fame, fortune and generally well liked by all. But because he was called names at school (who hasn't?) he decides to cry about it now. Grow up mate.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Fair point, post it again. Sorry, I can’t undelete it.

Cheers for response Lighthouse. Although moment has gone now. I’m like an inspired poet but I may need to walk the Yorkshire Moors to get the prose flowing again.

5 hours ago, kyle04 said:

Lineker's had the sort of privilege in life most of us can only dream of. Talent enough in our countries top sport to make it to the top level, followed by a very lucrative media career, fame, fortune and generally well liked by all. But because he was called names at school (who hasn't?) he decides to cry about it now. Grow up mate.

A little naive if you think he is crying about it. These comments get sensationalised esp when he is a target for Murdoch and the Mail who are desperate to do a hatchet job on self righteous Gary. Funny how he triggers so many as he is hardly a left wing extremist just someone with a social conscience- how dare he eh what with all his money and all?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Turkish said:

I’m sorry but I find it very hard to believe Linekar was racially abused. I think he probably hopes he was because it makes him more right on. He’s been in the public eye for over 40 years but first time he’s ever mention it, even then it’s a bit vague saying “pretty much racial abuse” if he was called a paki that ain’t “pretty much” I’m calling bullshit on this one

When I came back off a two week holiday to Jamaica a few years ago someone commented that I looked like a local, so if linekar claims that one I am too 

I also can relate to the being mistaken as a local - used to get it ages ago myself from the girls referring to how well hung I was

1 hour ago, whelk said:

I also can relate to the being mistaken as a local - used to get it ages ago myself from the girls referring to how well hung I was

Ah, the old big black man’s cocks stereotyping. Nice bit of racism there whelk.

10 hours ago, Turkish said:

Not picking a fight but this isn't right.  I have no proof but remember him mentioning it a couple of times during his playing days.  The only reason I remember is because I used to get a bit of something similar (albeit in a friendly banterish sort of way) despite being white.  My friends referred to me as Winston Popadopolous - you can work it out. 

As for whether it counts as racism - I guess we're splitting hairs over technicalities.  The people calling him it I assume had racist intent and so you could say it is, but agree with you that it doesn't sit right to describe Lineker as a victim of racist abuse

1 hour ago, The Left Back said:

Not picking a fight but this isn't right.  I have no proof but remember him mentioning it a couple of times during his playing days.  The only reason I remember is because I used to get a bit of something similar (albeit in a friendly banterish sort of way) despite being white.  My friends referred to me as Winston Popadopolous - you can work it out. 

As for whether it counts as racism - I guess we're splitting hairs over technicalities.  The people calling him it I assume had racist intent and so you could say it is, but agree with you that it doesn't sit right to describe Lineker as a victim of racist abuse

A lady I work with has very dark skin and black hair. She has a foreign sounding name. She has a London (not cockney) accent and is British through and through in her DNA. She lives in a very middle class Kent town.She gets what would be described as racist abuse on a regular basis. 

I had darkish skin and dark hair and have a foreign sounding name. I was born in London and my family were born in London as far back as we can find. As a kid new teachers when going through the register for the first time each new school year would stop at my name, ask me to stand up and ask if I was foreign. Not great as a kid when you just want to blend in and not become a target for bullying. Fortunately I managed to avoid the worst of the bullying but it did make me a target and I was picked on in racist terms during my early years in secondary school. I am not pretending what I faced occasionally was anything like that of ethnic minorities and nor is Lineker, but most of us understand that there are people in this world who love to pick on people because they are different and you can’t be much more different in much of this country by having black or brown skin.

I listened to a radio programme yesterday where the point was made why would you boo at people demonstrating against racism (footballers taking the knee) unless you had some sympathy for racism? If you share the views of non racists, why call out those demonstrating against racism?

The same applies here. There are dozens of things to get agitated about on a daily basis, not least the latest news about our Prime Minister, his cabinet and how self serving and useless they are yet some people take the time and trouble to call out an individual for talking about racism and his experience of it. Apparently is is a reason to make fun of someone. One individual even goes as far, to deflect from this, by talking about the person’s “jug” ears. That’s ok then. 🙄

14 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

A lady I work with has very dark skin and black hair. She has a foreign sounding name. She has a London (not cockney) accent and is British through and through in her DNA. She lives in a very middle class Kent town.She gets what would be described as racist abuse on a regular basis. 

I had darkish skin and dark hair and have a foreign sounding name. I was born in London and my family were born in London as far back as we can find. As a kid new teachers when going through the register for the first time each new school year would stop at my name, ask me to stand up and ask if I was foreign. Not great as a kid when you just want to blend in and not become a target for bullying. Fortunately I managed to avoid the worst of the bullying but it did make me a target and I was picked on in racist terms during my early years in secondary school. I am not pretending what I faced occasionally was anything like that of ethnic minorities and nor is Lineker, but most of us understand that there are people in this world who love to pick on people because they are different and you can’t be much more different in much of this country by having black or brown skin.

I listened to a radio programme yesterday where the point was made why would you boo at people demonstrating against racism (footballers taking the knee) unless you had some sympathy for racism? If you share the views of non racists, why call out those demonstrating against racism?

The same applies here. There are dozens of things to get agitated about on a daily basis, not least the latest news about our Prime Minister, his cabinet and how self serving and useless they are yet some people take the time and trouble to call out an individual for talking about racism and his experience of it. Apparently is is a reason to make fun of someone. One individual even goes as far, to deflect from this, by talking about the person’s “jug” ears. That’s ok then. 🙄

Good point, i cant believe you haven't mentioned it already.

5 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Fucking hell, I bet you’re a right laugh down the ale house. 

Just listened to Linekar on the high performance podcast with Jake Humphries

the words he uses are “had I not been good at sport life would have been very different. I think I would have been bullied at school they were marginally that way anyway as a tiny geeky kid with darkish skin pretty much racist abuse although I’m as English as they come”

so he wasn’t bullied at all, he thinks he would have been if he wasn’t good at sport 🤣

• 3 weeks later...

So fucking ridiculous so many pricks terrified of being seen as a racist they are more happy to let Pakistanis abuse children. The Council and police have blood on their hands in Telford. Weak cunts but great on diversity initiatives

Has Gary Lineker offered an opinion on Telford? How about Sue Perkins? Deborah Meaden by any chance? Anything from Gary Neville?

Strange how the gobbiest on social suddenly go quiet when a story that takes actual courage to talk about the headlines.

Nah, keep tweeting about Boris you brave snowflakes!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Has Gary Lineker offered an opinion on Telford? How about Sue Perkins? Deborah Meaden by any chance? Anything from Gary Neville?

Strange how the gobbiest on social suddenly go quiet when a story that takes actual courage to talk about the headlines.

Funny how quiet some of the voices of the forum who regularly congratulate themselves on speak out against all sorts of world ills are as well........

7 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

There, there Batman. It’s okay. They have no need to. There are always plenty of people like you to be outraged for the rest of us. But while you are at it, perhaps be outaged by the white males who also rape and sexually assault women and young girls? Haven’t you got better things to do, like arranging a petition to have Sir Mo Farah stripped of his knighthood?

This will upset you but I suggest you read it…

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/15/child-sexual-abuse-gangs-white-men-home-office-report

Edited by sadoldgit
Sp

3 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

There, there Batman. It’s okay. They have no need to. There are always plenty of people like you to be outraged for the rest of us. But while you are at it, perhaps be outaged by the white males who also rape and sexually assault women and young girls? Haven’t you got better things to do, like arranging a petition to have Sir Mo Farah stripper of his knighthood?

Why are you bringing skin colour into it? Definitely some underlying history with Soggy. Come on what happened? 

Edited by Turkish

8 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

There, there Batman. It’s okay. They have no need to. There are always plenty of people like you to be outraged for the rest of us. But while you are at it, perhaps be outaged by the white males who also rape and sexually assault women and young girls? Haven’t you got better things to do, like arranging a petition to have Sir Mo Farah stripped of his knighthood?

This will upset you but I suggest you read it…

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/15/child-sexual-abuse-gangs-white-men-home-office-report

Have you missed the point this is race related? The pathetic fear of being tarnished a racist put vulnerable girls at risk so save your what about white abusers please.

14 hours ago, whelk said:

Have you missed the point this is race related? The pathetic fear of being tarnished a racist put vulnerable girls at risk so save your what about white abusers please.

No Whelk, I haven’t missed the point. My point is that, as we know, there is a huge problem around the sexual exploitation of women and girls but you will only see Batman post about it when the perpetrators have a different coloured skin or are foreign. It is admirable that Batman should be concerned about the plight of women and girls in the UK but perhaps his concern should extend beyond the particular race or religion of those causing the sexual abuse?

26 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

No Whelk, I haven’t missed the point. My point is that, as we know, there is a huge problem around the sexual exploitation of women and girls but you will only see Batman post about it when the perpetrators have a different coloured skin or are foreign. It is admirable that Batman should be concerned about the plight of women and girls in the UK but perhaps his concern should extend beyond the particular race or religion of those causing the sexual abuse?

You have missed the point of Alex post and your posts are being increasing bizarre. I think you should probably spend a few months away from football forums, i know you take it all VERY seriously but they seem to be bad for your mental health.

13 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You have missed the point of Alex post and your posts are being increasing bizarre. I think you should probably spend a few months away from football forums, i know you take it all VERY seriously but they seem to be bad for your mental health.

Compulsively stalking someone you think has mental health problems much weirder and more bizarre

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

We are not trying to solve everything but report is clear that race played a part - not that only Pakistanis commit rape……but that white people (presumably) were influenced unduly by culture of not being seen to be racist allowed crimes that otherwise would have been followed up differently. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, whelk said:

We are not trying to solve everything but report is clear that race played a part - not that only Pakistanis commit rape……but that white people (presumably) were influenced unduly by culture of not being seen to be racist allowed crimes that otherwise would have been followed up differently. 

Yes I know that. I was making a different point. This thread is about “things that are racist” and I was referring to a poster who only posts about sex crimes when they are committed by “foreigners.”

1 minute ago, sadoldgit said:

Yes I know that. I was making a different point. This thread is about “things that are racist” and I was referring to a poster who only posts about sex crimes when they are committed by “foreigners.”

If he posted about crimes committed by WASP men then that wouldn't be racist, and shouldn't be on this thread.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Why not start a thread entitled "Nasty things committed by British people of European heritage" and see what happens.

Shouldn't that just be "Nasty things committed by Perverts" if we are talking about people that are British?

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Why not start a thread entitled "Nasty things committed by British people of European heritage" and see what happens.

He tried something similar and unsurprisingly made an absolute tit of himself

• 4 weeks later...

Let’s play ‘Wheel of Internet Twattery.’

Let’s spin the wheel to see who today’s Internet Twat is…

Actually let’s not bother because it always lands on Delldays/Batman/AlexLaw76.

😏

Edited by sadoldgit
Misspelt Twattery
  • Haha 2