Things That are Racist

Turkish

9 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Who put you in place to "pull people up" on fantasy faux outrage ? What right do you have to play Holier Than Thou ?

So now pulling up someone on a racist comment is being "holier than thou" :facepalm:

10 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Who put you in place to "pull people up" on fantasy faux outrage ? What right do you have to play Holier Than Thou ?

The same people that put you up for the role. As said, you quite happily throw insults and names at me, yet I still do not recall doing so to you ... 

Please send links of you challenging the biggest accuser of any 'ism' on the forum!?

14 minutes ago, Turkish said:

So now pulling up someone on a racist comment is being "holier than thou" :facepalm:

You see there is one slight problem. I did not use a word to make a racist comment, I described the skin tone of the victim of what, given the geographical location, was almost certainly a racially aggravated shooting. The boy's skin colour was a pertinent factor in the event.

Perhaps I could have used 'black', perhaps I could have used ' person of colour', but the issue is that whatever terms people use to identify the varying skin tones exhibited across the human race, there is always somebody waiting to jump up and down, pointing at them, and screaming ' RACIST", in the manner of a six year old who has overheard swearing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

You see there is one slight problem. I did not use a word to make a racist comment, I described the skin tone of the victim of what, given the geographical location, was almost certainly a racially aggravated shooting. The boy's skin colour was a pertinent factor in the event.

Perhaps I could have used 'black', perhaps I could have used ' person of colour', but the issue is that whatever terms people use to identify the varying skin tones exhibited across the human race, there is always somebody waiting to jump up and down, pointing at them, and screaming ' RACIST", in the manner of a six year old who has overheard swearing.

You said he was coloured.

describing someone as "coloured" is racist. Just because you dont agree with it doesn't mean it isn't.

It's very, very simple. 

47 minutes ago, Turkish said:

describing someone as "coloured" is racist. Just because you dont agree with it doesn't mean it isn't.

It's very, very simple. 

A black friend of mine refers to himself and other black people as coloured. I don't think he's racist. 

• Like 1

Does anyone think Badger is racist? language frequently goes full circle and expect coloured will be reclaimed at some point. If I thought Turkish was actually offended rather than just fuelling his almost autistic pedantry for someone using an inappropriate word then it might be more to post about.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Does anyone think Badger is racist? language frequently goes full circle and expect coloured will be reclaimed at some point. If I thought Turkish was actually offended rather than just fuelling his almost autistic pedantry for someone using an inappropriate word then it might be more to post about.

Nope. Badger is one of the more reasonable posters, nowt offensive about him. Coloured is an actual race category in parts of the world, and it's just that somewhere along the line it's somehow been deemed an inappropriate word. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

It's very, very simple. 

I don’t think for one minute that Badger is racist. He clearly didn’t realise that calling someone “coloured” isn’t acceptable nowadays. I didn’t release myself until my 22 year old daughter pointed it out to me. However,unlike Badger I accepted my mistake and learnt from it. I didn’t start shouting at my daughter, calling her out or making out she was in the wrong.

Sometimes decent people say things considered racist , it doesn’t make them a racist. Perhaps Soggy and his band of warriors should take that into account next time they’re throwing that particular insult around. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, egg said:

Nope. Badger is one of the more reasonable posters, nowt offensive about him. Coloured is an actual race category in parts of the world, and it's just that somewhere along the line it's somehow been deemed an inappropriate word. 

Probably around the time that America and South Africa had buses, shops, schools etc for "coloureds" only.

It was acceptable in the past, but then so was slavery.

28 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I don’t think for one minute that Badger is racist. He clearly didn’t realise that calling someone “coloured” isn’t acceptable nowadays. I didn’t release myself until my 22 year old daughter pointed it out to me. However,unlike Badger I accepted my mistake and learnt from it. I didn’t start shouting at my daughter, calling her out or making out she was in the wrong.

Sometimes decent people say things considered racist , it doesn’t make them a racist. Perhaps Soggy and his band of warriors should take that into account next time they’re throwing that particular insult around. 

Good post. He could easily have said that but called Jamie a fucking twat and has been on at me. We all make mistakes and it’s a bit odd that people of colour is okay but coloured isn’t but calling black people coloured isn’t generally acceptable these days. 

amber Rudd had to apologies for saying it recently and it upset Diana Abott who many on here love

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47488047

3 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

You said a coloured 16 year old 

see the apology Amber Rudd had to make and the criticism she got for describing Diane Abott as a coloured women 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47488047

the only one steaming and shouting is you calling people fucking twats, trolls and so on

8 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

No. They should use the tactic appropriately, and as you have pointed out perhaps more proportionally with other ethnic groups. There is a bigger issue with how the Police use it,  but that is a different matter, the startng position should be ' does S&S work' ? Ms Badenoch thinks it does.

The issue is not about stop and search per se, it is about the fact that it is still not being used proportionately. 5 times more likely to be stopped if you belong to an ethnic minority yet Kemi Badenoch doesn’t seem overly concerned about that.

You need to be careful Badger, once you get on the wrong side of the “We Aren't Racists Be We Jump All Over Those Who Speak Out Against Racism” gang you never get rid of them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

The issue is not about stop and search per se, it is about the fact that it is still not being used proportionately. 5 times more likely to be stopped if you belong to an ethnic minority yet Kemi Badenoch doesn’t seem overly concerned about that.

You need to be careful Badger, once you get on the wrong side of the “We Aren't Racists Be We Jump All Over Those Who Speak Out Against Racism” gang you never get rid of them.

Yet you always seem to miss the occasions when racist comments are made on here.

in what appears to be a lifetime full of abject failure you can’t even carry out your self appointed role on a football forum properly. 

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

If Turkish feels he becomes a better and bigger person by calling me a racist after every post I make then he is free to do so. It's not as if his opinion counts for anything in the real world as I experience it. He doesn't know me, I don't know him, we are extremely unlikely to ever meet in real life. I'm not sure if his behaviour and attitude on here truly reflects who he is, but everybody displays a manfactured fantasy personality, to a greater or lesser extent, on platforms such as this.

As for his minion, my opinion of him, at least in terms of the persona he projects on here, is clear to see.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

If Turkish feels he becomes a better and bigger person by calling me a racist after every post I make then he is free to do so. It's not as if his opinion counts for anything in the real world as I experience it. He doesn't know me, I don't know him, we are extremely unlikely to ever meet in real life. I'm not sure if his behaviour and attitude on here truly reflects who he is, but everybody displays a manfactured fantasy personality, to a greater or lesser extent, on platforms such as this.

As for his minion, my opinion of him, at least in terms of the persona he projects on here, is clear to see.

Im sure you're not racist badger but you did say something that is at best something your grandad would say and an outdated term which is no longer acceptable in the modern world and then behaved all spitefully and angrily when it was pointed out.

What's most amusing about all this though is the guy that regularly congratulates himself on speaking out against racism and does go around calling everyone far right racist has completely ignored it instead preferring to make it about us and playing the victim being picked on on here. Even though it was me who pointed out the comment he's still done the 

11 hours ago, Turkish said:

“We Aren't Racists Be We Jump All Over Those Who Speak Out Against Racism”

line which he loves to trot out. Seems like it's actually him who is jump all over those who speak out against racism, which is interesting as the other offensive racial term that's be used on here recently came from him. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

In an ideal world, stop and search would be undertaken at a rate proportional to the amount of crime committed by that community. I don't have the crime rates per head of population for London sorted by ethnicity but that might be helpful. 

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/crime-justice-and-the-law/courts-sentencing-and-tribunals/prosecutions-and-convictions/latest

(edit: those are stats for England and Wales as a whole, not London)

Edited by trousers

13 minutes ago, trousers said:

36 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

In an ideal world, stop and search would be undertaken at a rate proportional to the amount of crime committed by that community. I don't have the crime rates per head of population for London sorted by ethnicity but that might be helpful. 

These could also be misleading as they say that convictions are also racist as more black people get convicted per capita than white

21 minutes ago, trousers said:

Cheers for that. So with very basic calculations, it looks to me that prosecution rates for black people are about 11% when they make up 4% of the population whereas prosecution rates for white people are about 78% when they make up about 82% of the population. It seems that according to those figures that if we are going to utilise stop and search proportionally based on crime rates that black people would be stopped and searched at a higher rate than white people. Obviously this is a simplistic analysis and there's other reason for the higher prosecution rate, but if the purpose of stop and search is to reduce crime and it is actually effective, surely you should be targeting populations at a rate proportional to the rate that they commit crimes? If not why not?

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

But those figures show that the white conviction rate has been higher every single year. 

hmm, that's not what the saintswebs preferred source of news on race related issues tells us

Young black people nine times more likely to be jailed than young white people – report | Prisons and probation | The Guardian

20 minutes ago, Turkish said:

hmm, that's not what the saintswebs preferred source of news on race related issues tells us

Young black people nine times more likely to be jailed than young white people – report | Prisons and probation | The Guardian

I'm assuming they are somehow arguing that black people are prosecuted at a higher rate than white people and that's the reason for their findings. What we don't have though is any evidence that white people are committing crimes at the same rate and then being ignored or not arrested and prosecuted. Until there's a report with that evidence, the conclusion I would come to is that black people are committing crimes at a higher rate which is why there are a proportionately higher number who are being charged with crimes (even though according to those figures their prosecution rate is lower so they are actually more likely to get off once they have been charged.) 

1 hour ago, trousers said:

In an ideal world people would be stopped and searched in line with agreed official guidelines and ethnicity should only be a factor in the process where ethnicity is an actual determining factor.

The fact that the difference has changed from ethnic minorities being 9 times more likely to be stopped to 5 times now would seem to indicate that progress has been made on reducing the amount of disparity due to ethnicity bias.

Given that the population of the population of the UK is predominately white and the amount of of convicted criminals are predominately white, it seems reasonable to expect more white people to be subject to s & s than ethnic minorities overall.

I guess the fact that independent enquiries are still finding that police forces are “institutionally racist” will still be a determining factor but will be ignored by those with a far right agenda as usual.

https://news.npcc.police.uk/releases/police-action-plan-launched-aiming-to-address-race-disparities-affecting-black-people-and-change-a-legacy-of-distrust

Edited by sadoldgit
Add text

2 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

In an ideal world people would be stopped and searched in line with agreed official guidelines and ethnicity should only be a factor in the process where ethnicity is an actual determining factor.

The fact that the difference has changed from ethnic minorities being 9 times more likely to be stopped to 5 times now would seem to indicate that progress has been made on reducing the amount of disparity due to ethnicity bias.

Given that the population of the population of the UK is predominately white and the amount of of convicted criminals are predominately white, it seems reasonable to expect more white people to be subject to s & s than ethnic minorities overall.

It does seem reasonable that more white people are subject to stop and search overall. How reassuring then that the latest figure show that white people were stopped and searched more than black people. Phew crisis averted. 

2020-2021 

Stop and searches against black people: 98,010 

Stop and searches against white people: 359,332

43 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Man City and Man United football club crests are rather problematic.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manutd-mancity-badge-slavery-council-29750466

If we are going to erase history of slavery then surely the Colosseum in Rome needs to be knocked down. A centre of entertainment for the Roman Empire where slaves were trained killers and fought for the enjoyment of the locals. How disgusting that millions of people go there each year to idolise a place that is such a global symbol the the evil they is slavery in city built by the slave trade. 

Edited by Turkish

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

If we are going to erase history of slavery then surely the Colosseum in Rome needs to be knocked down. A centre of entertainment for the Roman Empire where slaves were trained killers and fought for the enjoyment of the locals. How disgusting that millions of people go there each year to idolise a place that is such a global symbol the the evil they is slavery in city built by the slave trade. 

I want compensation and.a Governmental apology for the Roman invasion of Britain.

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

For those interested, Chief Constable Stephen Watson appeared on LBC yesterday and said that he doesn’t believe that our police forces are institutionally racist. His comments are currently being roasted by James O’Brien, again on LBC.

Do you have a little tug every time you hear James O'Briens name mentioned? 

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

For those interested, Chief Constable Stephen Watson appeared on LBC yesterday and said that he doesn’t believe that our police forces are institutionally racist. His comments are currently being roasted by James O’Brien, again on LBC.

Our police forces aren’t institutionally racist. 

4 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

What is your point?

6 minutes ago, whelk said:

What is your point?

Both he and Rowley refuse to accept an independent enquiry report that the police forces in this country are institutionally racist despite plenty of evidence to the contrary. My point? That despite what happened after the Stephen Lawrence murder, all these years later on the police forces in this country are still institutionally racist.

17 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Both he and Rowley refuse to accept an independent enquiry report that the police forces in this country are institutionally racist despite plenty of evidence to the contrary. My point? That despite what happened after the Stephen Lawrence murder, all these years later on the police forces in this country are still institutionally racist.

Is that your point or James O'Brien's?

42 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Ok what report was this? Absolutely aware the Met has massive failings but this ‘institutionally racist’ isn’t just a simple yes or no

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

says the person who has literally posted about me in 50% of their posts in the last week :lol:🤣😂🤣:lol:

50% of 3  😳 how does that work Einstein, anyway your pathetic obsession with sadoldgit amuses me 😂

You respond to EVERY sadoldgit postcareful you will overdo the:poundit:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tdmickey3 said:

50% of 3  😳 how does that work Einstein, anyway your pathetic obsession with sadoldgit amuses me 😂

You respond to EVERY sadoldgit postcareful you will overdo the:poundit:

So you''ve only posted 3 times in a week have you, okay then einstein. 🤣

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Which enquiry reports were these? 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

You know, the enquiry reports, the ones from the enquiry.

He’s twice written that there were enquires proving that “the police forces” in this country are institutionally racist. I was wondering which enquires these were because they must have been pretty far reaching. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

He’s twice written that there were enquires proving that “the police forces” in this country are institutionally racist. I was wondering which enquires these were because they must have been pretty far reaching. 

Yep, that must be the one, the report from the enquiry.

(I expect poor old Soggy is most likely outraged at the Casey report into the Met and confusing himself with all the rest of the police forces in the country - it's the only logical conclusion to his ramblings, but I'm sure he'll clear it up for us shortly, either that or he's waiting for James O'fucking Brien to tell him which enquiry is being referred to).

3 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Yep, that must be the one, the report from the enquiry.

(I expect poor old Soggy is most likely outraged at the Casey report into the Met and confusing himself with all the rest of the police forces in the country - it's the only logical conclusion to his ramblings, but I'm sure he'll clear it up for us shortly, either that or he's waiting for James O'fucking Brien to tell him which enquiry is being referred to).

I wouldn’t trust these reports anyway. We know Soggy doesn’t as I remember the one that came out 18 months ago that found the country wasn’t institutionally racist and this he dismissed as a disgrace done by a corrupt group. How can we trust any of these reports if this is the case?

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I wouldn’t trust these reports anyway. We know Soggy doesn’t as I remember the one that came out 18 months ago that found the country wasn’t institutionally racist and this he dismissed as a disgrace done by a corrupt group. How can we trust any of these reports if this is the case?

I don't think that one counted as it wasn't an 'enquiry'....

Only reports from enquiries can be accepted.