Things That are Racist

Turkish

12 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

How do you know that I live in a 98% white town and what difference does that make anyway Batman? Perhaps you think that I knocked on every door in the village before we moved in to check the ethnicity of the neighbours?

Perhaps consider Patel’s Rwanda policy and views on immigration  tell me they don’t mirror these of people like yourself? As you spend so much time there, perhaps go look at Twitter and the response from many from the black/brown communities. They seem to agree with her. That’s what makes it so farcical about the fuss made about the diversity levels within the Tory party. Judging by the policies that these people support, you wouldn’t know that they were members of ethnic minorities.

And before you go off on one again, I don’t think that her comments were very wise and Labour have done the right thing in suspending the whip.

what has the policy of an ex minister got to do with some from Labour being racist?

The FACT you are throwing this in to offer a slither of mitigation is quite funny.  Obviously a racist old goat, you just can't see it.

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

I probably can’t say this now, but didn’t they used to be known as “coconuts?” Black on the outside and white on the inside. Nick Ferrari was swamped with calls from the black community on LBC this morning supporting what she said. The thing is, when it comes to the policies that he and the likes of Priti Patel have implemented and/or supported, she has a point. 

What a complete blithering idiot you are.

Do you honestly believe that there are 'black' fiscal policies and 'white' fiscal policies and that the Chancellor of the Exchequer should choose between the two?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Dear god…..

Women makes a racist comment & you say “she has a point”. For all your waffle and bluster about Tommy Robinson, you’re just as bad. Horrendous post. 

To be fair, he mentions that 'she has a point' after he called Kwasi a 'coconut'.  Welcome to 1980's overt racism!  I imagine he'll be off to the shops in a bit to pick up some bananas to throw at the football :mcinnes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

I probably can’t say this now, but didn’t they used to be known as “coconuts?” Black on the outside and white on the inside. Nick Ferrari was swamped with calls from the black community on LBC this morning supporting what she said. The thing is, when it comes to the policies that he and the likes of Priti Patel have implemented and/or supported, she has a point. 

It is nothing to do with policies - which probably are more 'class-ist' than anything else, what she said was that "when he speaks you wouldn't know he was black". That is not just racist, it implies that minorities should not be allowed access to a higher level of education if it refines their elocution.

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

How do you know that I live in a 98% white town and what difference does that make anyway Batman? Perhaps you think that I knocked on every door in the village before we moved in to check the ethnicity of the neighbours?

Perhaps consider Patel’s Rwanda policy and views on immigration  tell me they don’t mirror these of people like yourself? As you spend so much time there, perhaps go look at Twitter and the response from many from the black/brown communities. They seem to agree with her. That’s what makes it so farcical about the fuss made about the diversity levels within the Tory party. Judging by the policies that these people support, you wouldn’t know that they were members of ethnic minorities.

And before you go off on one again, I don’t think that her comments were very wise and Labour have done the right thing in suspending the whip.

No need, It took about 4 seconds to find. A town of white people where the majority are over 50 years old. And you wonder why everyone points and laughs at your pathetic self righteousness on what everyone else needs to do about racism. 

Romney Marsh (Ward, United Kingdom) - Population Statistics, Charts, Map and Location (citypopulation.de)

98.6%White7,088 (98.6%)
Ethnic Group Persons
White 7,088
Asian 31
Black 10
Mixed/multiple 54
Other ethnic group 6

Edited by Turkish

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

what has the policy of an ex minister got to do with some from Labour being racist?

The FACT you are throwing this in to offer a slither of mitigation is quite funny.  Obviously a racist old goat, you just can't see it.

It was obvious, he protests too much. The classic white person living in a small, majority white town preaching from there about what needs to be done about racism, in the patronising "lets help the savages" type way. 

14 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

To be fair, he mentions that 'she has a point' after he called Kwasi a 'coconut'.  Welcome to 1980's overt racism!  I imagine he'll be off to the shops in a bit to pick up some bananas to throw at the football :mcinnes:

What would his mix race barmaid make of him now?! Shocking stuff. The mask is slipping soggy 

10 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Jesus wept!!

"they"

And yes, "they" did, by racists.  I first came across the term in 1999 when I started work for a multi-national, who had many contractors from India (Wipro) working with us.  I had a chat one day with a Wipro employee about the term as I heard someone say it and was informed it was a racist insult used from people (for example) in India to refer to people of South Asian ethnicity born in the UK.

A "racist insult", that was 1999.  Not now. Racist more than 20 years ago, racist and completely wrong now. 

She does not have a point. The bloke is a brit, with different heritage to you and I, he does not need to be insulted. 

Now, if you want to pick apart his mini budget, I'm all for doing that, on a professional level, without mentioning anything to do with colour. 

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Like 5

They were appalling comments and indefensible. By all means politicians of other parties and experts across different fields can pick apart what him and Truss are doing because it’s reckless in the extreme and gambling with our futures in the slim hope of staying on after the 2024 GE. But it’s got naff all to do with the bloke’s ethnicity.

Starmer did the right thing by suspending them but he is going to have to take further action because he has got some right hotheads left over from the Corbyn era. If a budget can trigger those sort of unforced outbursts then I dread to think the reactions will be to some of the cultural warriors like Braverman, Badenoch and Jenkyns in the cabinet and the likes of Lee Anderson on the backbenches when they actually go fishing for some reactions. 

4 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

They were appalling comments and indefensible. By all means politicians of other parties and experts across different fields can pick apart what him and Truss are doing because it’s reckless in the extreme and gambling with our futures in the slim hope of staying on after the 2024 GE. But it’s got naff all to do with the bloke’s ethnicity.

Starmer did the right thing by suspending them but he is going to have to take further action because he has got some right hotheads left over from the Corbyn era. If a budget can trigger those sort of unforced outbursts then I dread to think the reactions will be to some of the cultural warriors like Braverman, Badenoch and Jenkyns in the cabinet and the likes of Lee Anderson on the backbenches when they actually go fishing for some reactions. 

Agreed. Sadly I couldn't vote for this Conservative government. Not because they are reckless, but because they are traditional low tax conservatives which has no place in a modern society.  The markets are telling them that, they need to wake up and listen.  On the flip, I cant vote for the Lib Dems as they're too odd and Labour as they still have some bonkers types in their ranks as you say.  Imagine if Corbyn was anywhere near number 10 with the current Russia fiasco - Putin would be a guest here, you could guarantee that.  In fact Russia generally have a lot to answer for in managing to manipulate the social media fools who lap it all up. But I digress. 

Who would I vote for? Right now, the Green party and that's saying something. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Agreed. Sadly I couldn't vote for this Conservative government. Not because they are reckless, but because they are traditional low tax conservatives which has no place in a modern society.  The markets are telling them that, they need to wake up and listen.  On the flip, I cant vote for the Lib Dems as they're too odd and Labour as they still have some bonkers types in their ranks as you say.  Imagine if Corbyn was anywhere near number 10 with the current Russia fiasco - Putin would be a guest here, you could guarantee that.  In fact Russia generally have a lot to answer for in managing to manipulate the social media fools who lap it all up. But I digress. 

Who would I vote for? Right now, the Green party and that's saying something. 

Caroline Lucas has been my MP for years and she is excellent. You could definitely form a really good coalition Government from the best of the Greens, LDs, SNP and Labour  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Jesus wept!!

"they"

And yes, "they" did, by racists.  I first came across the term in 1999 when I started work for a multi-national, who had many contractors from India (Wipro) working with us.  I had a chat one day with a Wipro employee about the term as I heard someone say it and was informed it was a racist insult used from people (for example) in India to refer to people of South Asian ethnicity born in the UK.

A "racist insult", that was 1999.  Not now. Racist more than 20 years ago, racist and completely wrong now. 

She does not have a point. The bloke is a brit, with different heritage to you and I, he does not need to be insulted. 

Now, if you want to pick apart his mini budget, I'm all for doing that, on a professional level, without mentioning anything to do with colour. 

So people of a different ethnicity use it’s a derogatory term about others of a different ethnicity who support “white” policies over those that would support there own? 
I am not defending the racist nature of some of her comments, when I say she has a point it is when people   of their ethnicity support what could be described as racist policies brought in by the current government against immigrants and racial minorities.  As said, a prime example is shipping immigrants off to Rwanda. As an immigrant herself, it is not unreasonable to call Patel out for this particular policy. Patel and Kwarteng have both supported government policies that weren’t helpful towards racial minorities. Did either of them say a word when the former Prime Minister made his infamous racist remarks?

And as for Batman’s faux outrage about racist remarks, that’s a bit rich given the years he has spent having a pop at immigrants and Muslims.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, sadoldgit said:

So people of a different ethnicity use it’s a derogatory term about others of a different ethnicity who support “white” policies over those that would support there own? 
I am not defending the racist nature of some of her comments, when I say she has a point it is when people   of their ethnicity support what could be described as racist policies brought in by the current government against immigrants and racial minorities.  As said, a prime example is shipping immigrants off to Rwanda. As an immigrant herself, it is not unreasonable to call Patel out for this particular policy. Patel and Kwarteng have both supported government policies that weren’t helpful towards racial minorities. Did either of them say a word when the former Prime Minister made his infamous racist remarks?

And as for Batman’s faux outrage about racist remarks, that’s a bit rich given the years he has spent having a pop at immigrants and Muslims.

Still at it.  

My god

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sadoldgit said:

what about you referring the "they" as "coconuts"? If anyone else on here described black people as "them" or "they" you'd be all over it with your Tommy Robinson jibes. what Batman says is irrelevant to what you think, you've been the self appointed anti racism fighter of this forum on here for years, those that said you are overcompensating were right it seems. 

54 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

You are a fucking moron - and a racist one at that!

Priti Patel was born in London, she is not a fucking immigrant.

Maybe you just see 'brown' people (as you refer to them) and your unconcious racist bias assumes they are dirty fucking immigrants?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

You are a fucking moron - and a racist one at that!

Priti Patel was born in London, she is not a fucking immigrant.

Maybe you just see 'brown' people (as you refer to them) and your unconcious racist bias assumes they are dirty fucking immigrants?

Awkward Cat GIF by Abitan

1 hour ago, RedArmy said:

Either you’re the best troll this forum has ever seen or you really are a thick old man. 

Thank you but I think that you will find that Turkish holds that honour (the troll that is). As for Patel’s plan to send immigrants to Rwanda, I can only assume that you support it which makes you just as despicable  as she is.

Just now, sadoldgit said:

Thank you but I think that you will find that Turkish holds that honour (the troll that is). As for Patel’s plan to send immigrants to Rwanda, I can only assume that you support it which makes you just as despicable  as she is.

The only despicable person on here is you. Calling British people immigrants because they’re not white, throwing the phrase coconut around, and agreeing with people who claim someone isn’t really black.

I’m surprised you’re still posting on here. In the words of Pop Staples “take the sheet of your face boy, it’s a brand new day”. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

When do you think she'll get round to sending herself to Rwanda? What with her being a dirty immigrant and all....

12 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Stop projecting you bigoted old man. 

• Like 1

Heaven forbid a mistaken identity, everyone screams ‘they all look the same eh’ and must be racist. I get it is a poor error by Mirror but as a general point being confused by similar looks in other races eg Chinese, Indians does not equate to racism. Typical of the times we live in where any error must obviously be underpinned by subliminal racism and must be purged.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Black history month, is unfortunately almost over for another year. This year has been an absolute corker. The highlight for me was my 9 year and his mate bringing home a banner they’d made at school with “we will never give in” written all over it. When I asked them what it was for they said it was something to do with black people. It’s working well I see 👏👏👏👏

On 02/10/2022 at 08:15, whelk said:

Heaven forbid a mistaken identity, everyone screams ‘they all look the same eh’ and must be racist. I get it is a poor error by Mirror but as a general point being confused by similar looks in other races eg Chinese, Indians does not equate to racism. Typical of the times we live in where any error must obviously be underpinned by subliminal racism and must be purged.

This fucks me off. It's a known fact that all races find it easier to recognise faces of their own race, vice versa. It's how we are built.

• 3 weeks later...