Things That are Racist

Turkish

37 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Good job he gave assurances to the PL that he won't be running the club - and the mugs fell for it hook, line and sinker!

If they could raise enough money for the FA, a consortium of Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Genghis Khan could pass the FPP test.

Edited by badgerx16

22 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

If they could raise enough money for the FA, a consortium of Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Genghis Khan could pass the FPP test.

The Price of Football podcast suggested it was the nature of the piracy charge against the Saudis that was the stumbling block, while they were considered to be one and the same as PIF. No outstanding finding and a note saying they're seperate was enough.

So if you plucked any of Hitler, Stalin or Khan from a time before a court actually found them guilty of something, then yes they would get in. Regardless of whether any atrocity was well underway.

I'd read there was now some thoughts into looking at whether owners were more broadly acceptable. It wss hard to read because of all the laughing horses who'd bolted from their stables years ago.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, wadesmith said:

I normally see myself as the ‘Anti-Turkish’ on this board..but I’ve just seen a headline ‘England May Protest World Cup Spot once qualification is confirmed’....surely this undoes all my good work?...you may protest once qualification is confirmed?

Best protest would be to qualify and then decline the place. But their morality isn't the most important thing to them.

1 hour ago, Saint_clark said:

Best protest would be to qualify and then decline the place. But their morality isn't the most important thing to them.

An elite player is lucky to a) be good enough to go to a World Cup, b) be part of a team that's good enough to qualify and (c) be fit enough to participate. Any top player may be lucky to play in 1 or 2 WC finals.

Do you think they should forfeit that because FIFA made a decision on where it should be held? Is it the players' responsibility to make a stand here? I bet they couldn't give a fuck and just want to play football - which is what their focus should be. Instead, because of media pressure they almost feel that they have to do 'something' and this is what you get, a token gesture.

26 minutes ago, Saint Mikey said:

An elite player is lucky to a) be good enough to go to a World Cup, b) be part of a team that's good enough to qualify and (c) be fit enough to participate. Any top player may be lucky to play in 1 or 2 WC finals.

Do you think they should forfeit that because FIFA made a decision on where it should be held? Is it the players' responsibility to make a stand here? I bet they couldn't give a fuck and just want to play football - which is what their focus should be. Instead, because of media pressure they almost feel that they have to do 'something' and this is what you get, a token gesture.

No, I think it should be the FAs responsibility to take a stand. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, skintsaint said:

Some ridiculous comments in there "it's as important as the European championships" To Africans it's more important than the Euros, what with it being an African tournament and all that, in the same way the Copa America is more important to South Americans than the Euros is. So why would Europeans care as much for the African Cup of Nations as they do the Euros? oh must be racism.

Also why does the competition get so much flack? Cant say i've really heard any but probably if it's does is because fans care more about their clubs than a load of matches thousands of miles away where they hardly  any heard of most of the players other than ones that play for their club or the real superstars. Plus their country isn't involved in it. Or maybe it's simply because everyone is racist? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Some ridiculous comments in there "it's as important as the European championships" To Africans it's more important than the Euros, what with it being an African tournament and all that, in the same way the Copa America is more important to South Americans than the Euros is. So why would Europeans care as much for the African Cup of Nations as they do the Euros? oh must be racism.

Also why does the competition get so much flack? Cant say i've really heard any but probably if it's does is because fans care more about their clubs than a load of matches thousands of miles away where they hardly  any heard of most of the players other than ones that play for their club or the real superstars. Plus their country isn't involved in it. Or maybe it's simply because everyone is racist? 🤷‍♂️

Yep, some daft comments in that. I have a lot of time for Wright, but his comparison to the Euros was plain silly. The euros happen in the off season, or to put it another way, the tournament respects the existing football calendar and works around it. The ACON doesn't respect that calendar, nor the players commitments to their clubs. I appreciate that heat and weather is an issue, but if it was played in the off season, there'd be no fuss. 

1 hour ago, egg said:

Yep, some daft comments in that. I have a lot of time for Wright, but his comparison to the Euros was plain silly. The euros happen in the off season, or to put it another way, the tournament respects the existing football calendar and works around it. The ACON doesn't respect that calendar, nor the players commitments to their clubs. I appreciate that heat and weather is an issue, but if it was played in the off season, there'd be no fuss. 

Exactly. If you were a Liverpool fan youd be fuming, without Salah and Mane for a month with a cup semi final and a 9 point gap to catch on Man City. It could cost them two trophies this season. (although it's great for everyone else)

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Whoopi Goldberg suspended from ABC for two weeks over Holocaust remark (msn.com)

I wonder what the punishment and outcry would had been if a white person said it was two groups of black people.......

It's a bit ironic that Caryn Elaine Johnson would seem to know so little about the Holocaust having chosen Goldberg as her professional name.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Baird of the land said:

Lol, Apparently the response to a famous african american man punching someone at the Oscars is racism. Yeah right. 

White outrage about Will Smith’s slap is rooted in anti-Blackness. It’s inequality in plain sight | Tayo Bero | The Guardian

A lack of outrage would be portrayed as people not caring about violence and insults against black people. Media and social media is flooded with comments about racism and toxic masculinity. Amazing how a black man punching another black man manages to get twisted into a black person being assaulted by an aggressive male and never the other way round.

On 29/03/2022 at 18:11, Lighthouse said:

A lack of outrage would be portrayed as people not caring about violence and insults against black people. Media and social media is flooded with comments about racism and toxic masculinity. Amazing how a black man punching another black man manages to get twisted into a black person being assaulted by an aggressive male and never the other way round.

White people commenting on black peoples violence. 888E6406-BB1C-403B-9941-55D88A048EA6.thumb.jpeg.d5297ce75d830916c198d7e28a874c97.jpegDD9370DB-29D2-4C4A-8D90-0B19A619358E.thumb.jpeg.6b6340850bbba8bb59c40606e963be3a.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...

Like the "sewing & cooking" contributions from the ladies, good to hear of the more traditional, and nowadays often derided, roles that only women can do well, us man are so inept with a needle and unless its half a cow on a  barbeque, forget it. Well done !

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/05/2022 at 14:59, Lighthouse said:

Somebody in this video but I’m not sure who.

a white english man who identifies as a non specific gender korean. Why cant you be tranracial or racial fluid?

Not sure why it's acceptable to have a dysphoria about your gender and attempt to do something about it but not about your race or any other part of your persona.  Any argument that goes "you haven't lived my experience" or "you can never truly be..." can just as easily be applied to those who want to change their gender.  

The title of the clip itself "Can you identify as....".  Who are we looking at to answer that question?  Who are the identification police?  Surely people are free to identify as whatever they want in this day and age.    

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Wasn't coronation chicken created in England just like Balti?

Yes.  But he said his Nan called it 'foreign muck' because it is made with curry powder - which his Nan associated with foreigners (most likely Indians).  Let's not forget that Len Goodman's Nan was most likely born in the 19th Century and presumably commented on the 'foreign muck' in the late 50's / early 60's.  A time in our history when homosexuality was still illegal, so it's hardly surprising the 'older' generation had a dislike for johnny foreigner.

7 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Yes.  But he said his Nan called it 'foreign muck' because it is made with curry powder - which his Nan associated with foreigners (most likely Indians).  Let's not forget that Len Goodman's Nan was most likely born in the 19th Century and presumably commented on the 'foreign muck' in the late 50's / early 60's.  A time in our history when homosexuality was still illegal, so it's hardly surprising the 'older' generation had a dislike for johnny foreigner.

It's disgusting though isn't it and only right the BBC apologise for something someone said that no one knew anything about 60+ years ago.

12 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It's disgusting though isn't it and only right the BBC apologise for something someone said that no one knew anything about 60+ years ago.

Absolutely.  If his Nan wasn't already dead, she should be hung, drawn and quartered for having those views as she should have foreseen that popular opinion would change 60 years later.