LGBT+ Discussion

Turkish

2 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Don't be so touchy, princess. Most people don't even bother responding to your posts.

I think it is clear that you are the one who is touchy, having crowed about understanding grammar etc., then totally misunderstanding a simple statement lol.

7 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

I think it is clear that you are the one who is touchy, having crowed about understanding grammar etc., then totally misunderstanding a simple statement lol.

Better hurry, those tickets for the Weekend Truth Festival are bound to be selling fast.

Don't forget your wellies.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LeBizzier69 said:

And there is the problem - uncomfortable answering a question that a few years ago would have been laughed off air. I don't see that as showing empathy towards the trans community - it's about not being labelled a transphobe by a certain portion of trans extremists.

This is the problem now. The Tories have nothing to fight with so they resort to weaponizing issues like trans, migration, sick benefits because they know that will resonate with part of the electorate. You can’t have a grown up conversation or debate now though because they have used these issues as Daily Mail clickbait headlines. Starmer has to tiptoe his way through this minefield where the slightest hint of misstep and it blows up in your face.

You mention trans extremists. What about the many trans people who just want to live their lives in a way that feels natural for them? Don’t they deserve more respect than being used a a political football by a failed political party?

I also appreciate that this is a big issue for you, but for the right to try and inflate the importance of it to the level of don’t vote for Starmer because he doesn’t know what a woman is is not only demeaning to trans people, but it is hardly a bigger issue than those already stated as being foremost in most voters concerns.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LeBizzier69 said:

And there is the problem - uncomfortable answering a question that a few years ago would have been laughed off air. I don't see that as showing empathy towards the trans community - it's about not being labelled a transphobe by a certain portion of trans extremists.

He was just responding to a load of nonsense over someone saying "individual with a cervix" which was inclusive of trans men. I don't see the problem with that. We all know women have cervixes, we all know that trans men were born female - why not show trans men that respect? It does no-one else any harm.

Starmer also said "We need to have a mature, respectful debate about trans rights and we need to... bear in mind that the trans community are amongst the most marginalised and abused communities." so it's easy to see why he said what he did even if it did come across a bit daft.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

You mention trans extremists. What about the many trans people who just want to live their lives in a way that feels natural for them? Don’t they deserve more respect than being used a a political football by a failed political party

What a load of old pony. 

Safe space for birds (the old fashioned ones with wombs) is an incredibly important subject & is relevant for a lot of the population. It’s not about blokes wanting to dress up in skirts or be called Miss, nobody really gives a shit how they live their lives. The problem is once you start blurring the lines out of respect & compassion for those people, the weirdos step in. It’s not a “political football” to discuss female sport, safe spaces, crime rates, & all sorts of subjects that are opened up once you start pretending that a bird can be born with a cock.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

He was just responding to a load of nonsense over someone saying "individual with a cervix" which was inclusive of trans men. I don't see the problem with that. We all know women have cervixes, we all know that trans men were born female - why not show trans men that respect? It does no-one else any harm.

Starmer also said "We need to have a mature, respectful debate about trans rights and we need to... bear in mind that the trans community are amongst the most marginalised and abused communities." so it's easy to see why he said what he did even if it did come across a bit daft.

Far too much was made of what he said, it was a trap that Labour are now side stepping. 

• Like 1

This is the problem now. The Tories have nothing to fight with so they resort to weaponizing issues like trans, migration, sick benefits because they know that will resonate with part of the electorate. You can’t have a grown up conversation or debate now though because they have used these issues as Daily Mail clickbait headlines. Starmer has to tiptoe his way through this minefield where the slightest hint of misstep and it blows up in your face.

You mention trans extremists. What about the many trans people who just want to live their lives in a way that feels natural for them? Don’t they deserve more respect than being used a a political football by a failed political party?

I also appreciate that this is a big issue for you, but for the right to try and inflate the importance of it to the level of don’t vote for Starmer because he doesn’t know what a woman is is not only demeaning to trans people, but it is hardly a bigger issue than those already stated as being foremost in most voters concerns.

No one is stopping trans people living their lives, women just don't want biological males sharing their spaces etc. People also use the word transphobe.....no one is afraid of trans people (or none that i know of) or has any issue with people being who they want to be.....but not at the expense of women. 

This isn't my issue with Starmer, and will only be a massive issue for me if a male at school is allowed to change in my front of my daughter, it's more that it's a sad indictment of the world we live in today. Politicians spend their whole time avoiding answering questions, but this particular example was frankly April Fool's Day worthy.

Again, probably for a different thread!

The country needs a change, and we'll have one soon enough. I'm assuming that Sunak would want to hold on as long as people and so will wait as long as he can to announce an election?

1 hour ago, LeBizzier69 said:

No one is stopping trans people living their lives, women just don't want biological males sharing their spaces etc. People also use the word transphobe.....no one is afraid of trans people (or none that i know of) or has any issue with people being who they want to be.....but not at the expense of women. 

This isn't my issue with Starmer, and will only be a massive issue for me if a male at school is allowed to change in my front of my daughter, it's more that it's a sad indictment of the world we live in today. Politicians spend their whole time avoiding answering questions, but this particular example was frankly April Fool's Day worthy.

Again, probably for a different thread!

The country needs a change, and we'll have one soon enough. I'm assuming that Sunak would want to hold on as long as people and so will wait as long as he can to announce an election?

As you say, this is for another thread, but I am curious, don’t female changing rooms have individual cubicles? I also wonder how you would manage in the Five Bells pub in Brabourne. It has unisex toilets.

Once a person has fully transitioned to female, do you expect them to use male toilets?

I know someone who has fully transitioned to male. He has a beard, male pattern baldness and looks more masculine than I do. Although born  female how would you feel if he walked into a female toilet while your daughter was there?

How do you feel about your daughter sharing space in a changing room with lesbians?

I have three daughters and although I worry about them all of the time, the last thing I worry about is their interaction with trans people.

4 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

As you say, this is for another thread, but I am curious, don’t female changing rooms have individual cubicles? I also wonder how you would manage in the Five Bells pub in Brabourne. It has unisex toilets.

Once a person has fully transitioned to female, do you expect them to use male toilets?

I know someone who has fully transitioned to male. He has a beard, male pattern baldness and looks more masculine than I do. Although born  female how would you feel if he walked into a female toilet while your daughter was there?

How do you feel about your daughter sharing space in a changing room with lesbians?

I have three daughters and although I worry about them all of the time, the last thing I worry about is their interaction with trans people.

Obviously.

Not all have cubicles no.

Unisex toilets aren't changing rooms.

Lesbians are biological women....i think.

It's simply about not allowing men into women's spaces, especially when they need their privacy more than men do.

You simply can't equate a woman going into the gents (women use the men's all the time when they're pissed up and men couldn't give a toss), to a man going into the women's. Although it seems a fair comparison on the face of it, it's a million miles off being comparable.

Time for a friday beer.

I also wonder how you would manage in the Five Bells pub in Brabourne. It has unisex toilets.

I went there once. Not nice, went for a piss & walked in on the  Muslim bar maid taking a dump. 

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

tbf though there is a huge difference between people who have fully, ie surgically and hormonally transitioned and people, primarily men who still have the full kit, dont take hormones but who self identify as women. That latter group is the majority. How do you protect women, whether its in prisons or toilets or domestic abuse refuges from men who want to be there to exploit the situation?     

51 minutes ago, buctootim said:

tbf though there is a huge difference between people who have fully, ie surgically and hormonally transitioned and people, primarily men who still have the full kit, dont take hormones but who self identify as women. That latter group is the majority. How do you protect women, whether its in prisons or toilets or domestic abuse refuges from men who want to be there to exploit the situation?     

The majority might be pre-op, i dont know where your data is from, but even if so, that will be because of the waiting lists. The men who "want to be there to exploit the situation" is a miniscule percentage of a miniscule percentage.  You are far far far far far more likely to be attacked by a cis woman or a cis man in a woman's toilet, obviously.

The hysteria and panic over the chance of this happening are overblown to a ridiculous degree.  And assuming your solution is not genital checks by toilet bouncers, what happens with transmen? If you force transmen to use women's toilets, then your malicious scary transwoman doesn't need to dress up anymore anyway, they can just identify as a transman and go in fully bearded and primed.

If you do introduce genital tests, how do you prevent your scary malicious transwoman from getting a job as a toilet guard and getting an eyeful of everyone's genitals?

Easiest solution is just to go unisex. Like at the general, they have communal toilets at the front entrance, no issues at all (in fact, much safer than separated toilets).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, pingpong said:

The majority might be pre-op, i dont know where your data is from, but even if so, that will be because of the waiting lists. The men who "want to be there to exploit the situation" is a miniscule percentage of a miniscule percentage.  You are far far far far far more likely to be attacked by a cis woman or a cis man in a woman's toilet, obviously.

The hysteria and panic over the chance of this happening are overblown to a ridiculous degree.  And assuming your solution is not genital checks by toilet bouncers, what happens with transmen? If you force transmen to use women's toilets, then your malicious scary transwoman doesn't need to dress up anymore anyway, they can just identify as a transman and go in fully bearded and primed.

If you do introduce genital tests, how do you prevent your scary malicious transwoman from getting a job as a toilet guard and getting an eyeful of everyone's genitals?

Easiest solution is just to go unisex. Like at the general, they have communal toilets at the front entrance, no issues at all (in fact, much safer than separated toilets).

Bloke feels entitled to tell women how they should feel

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pingpong said:

You invented a genital checker scenario, debunked it and then criticised everybody else who never even mentioned it. That approach simply telegraphs to people you have no real argument to put forward. 

Stats vary but seem to suggest only around 15% of trans women would have bottom surgery  - so you have 85% plus walking around with a penis and no desire to change. Do I understand why women do not want to share changing rooms, competitive sport or prisons with people who have a penis, XY chromosomes and on average are 50% bigger than them? Yep sure I do. 

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, whelk said:

Bloke feels entitled to tell women how they should feel

This is what it comes down to most times, some men just fall over themselves in feeling like they have the right to tell women how they should feel within their own protected spaces. 

Women only changing rooms? No problem, you’ve got cubicles apparently. Get on with it.

Theres statistically only a small chance of you being in danger anyway. Get on with it.

It really is baffling.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, buctootim said:

You invented a genital checker scenario, debunked it and then criticised everybody else who never even mentioned it. That approach simply telegraphs to people you have no real argument to put forward. 

Stats vary but seem to suggest only around 15% of trans women would have bottom surgery  - so you have 85% plus walking around with a penis and no desire to change. Do I understand why women do not want to share changing rooms, competitive sport or prisons with people who have a penis, XY chromosomes and on average are 50% bigger than them? Yep sure I do. 

It was a hypothetical. How are you going to police your single sex spaces? Right now, one of the biggest issues with single sex spaces is that more masculine looking cis women are being harassed just for trying to use public toilets.

I would also argue the majority of preops do have a desire to change. Its not a straightforward or quick process. Even just getting a consult takes forever.

The issue seems to be so closely related to genitals, that I don't understand how you will police it. Unless you think you "can just tell"?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

How do you fully transition to female? Out of interest. 

45 minutes ago, pingpong said:

It was a hypothetical. How are you going to police your single sex spaces? Right now, one of the biggest issues with single sex spaces is that more masculine looking cis women are being harassed just for trying to use public toilets.

I would also argue the majority of preops do have a desire to change. Its not a straightforward or quick process. Even just getting a consult takes forever.

The issue seems to be so closely related to genitals, that I don't understand how you will police it. Unless you think you "can just tell"?

What evidence do you have that "majority of props have a desire to change". The evidence suggests the opposite. 

11 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Fuck knows how we managed to have blokes using the blokes & females using the female toilets for a hundred years. Amazing…..

Exactly, trans women have been using female toilets for donkey’s years.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to LGBT+ Discussion

This is simply the latest rendition of a discussion which will carry on repeating indefinitely for the simple reason that some people need ambiguity to make their beliefs seem plausible. The whole idea of Gender identity being separate from biological sex can be very simply categorised as:

Category 1: People are born with reproductive organs which, if healthy functioning upon adolescence, will produce either A: Sperm or B: Eggs.

Category 2: People chosing to identify in ways they feel represent their personality.

Cat 1 is a clearly definied biological fixture and cannot be 'transitioned' or chosen. Cat 2 is the complete opposite, there are no rules what so ever; people are identifying as they/them, xi/xir, asexual, gender fluid and sometimes swapping between any of the above for a matter of hours. This is where the problems start. You can't separate society society on Cat 2, it would be absurd. You would have 50 FIFA WCs and in four years time you would need over 200. So your only choice is to separate society by Cat 1, which of course offends or 'excludes' trans people.

So the issue is never solved. People claim to be trans Cat 2 and roll their eyes because other people, "obviously don't understand the difference between biological sex and gender identity." when really they WANT to transition Cat 1 but can't.

17 hours ago, buctootim said:

I think that the likeliehood of women/girls being assaulted by a trans woman is minimal. Yes, women/girls want a safe space, we all do, including trans people. The simple fact is that women/girls are far more likely to be assaulted by someone they are acquainted with (including family members) than they are by a random trans person.

Whilst clearly an issue, it has been blown out of all reasonable proportion and we know why. As with the small boats, sick benefits and all of the other issues that the flailing Tories and the right wing media are throwing at us, it is all about deflection.

The vast majority of trans people are not a threat to society and just want to go about their lives without any hassle. Perhaps we should treat them as such and not all as potential sex pests?

As has been said already, trans women have been using women toilets for years. How do you stop them without a physical check and how would women/girls feel if they were subjected to a physical examination every time they used a public toilet?

If someone is intent on abusing females they will find a way of doing so. Banning trans women from public female toilets will not make women/girls any safer.

For those who disagree, do they have the figures for women/girls abused by trans women in public toilets?

• Confused 1

:mcinnes:

The issue isn’t Trans women abusing birds in their safe spaces, it’s blokes pretending to be Trans doing so. Once you accept that self defined trans can use the female toilets, it’s open to abuse. Whether its Westwood queue jumping by using the female toiles at Fratton or some perv with horrific motives, the lines become blurred and stopping it or charging people becomes impossible. 

• Like 1

I think that the likeliehood of women/girls being assaulted by a trans woman is minimal. Yes, women/girls want a safe space, we all do, including trans people. The simple fact is that women/girls are far more likely to be assaulted by someone they are acquainted with (including family members) than they are by a random trans person.

Whilst clearly an issue, it has been blown out of all reasonable proportion and we know why. As with the small boats, sick benefits and all of the other issues that the flailing Tories and the right wing media are throwing at us, it is all about deflection.

The vast majority of trans people are not a threat to society and just want to go about their lives without any hassle. Perhaps we should treat them as such and not all as potential sex pests?

As has been said already, trans women have been using women toilets for years. How do you stop them without a physical check and how would women/girls feel if they were subjected to a physical examination every time they used a public toilet?

If someone is intent on abusing females they will find a way of doing so. Banning trans women from public female toilets will not make women/girls any safer.

For those who disagree, do they have the figures for women/girls abused by trans women in public toilets?

Simple question: what, in your view, would prevent a man - any man in the world - from using the women’s changing room?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, pingpong said:

That's not what the data shows - which whilst inconsistent indicates only around 15% of transwomen want genital and only around half want any kind of surgery at all. Its that data which changed my attitude - until then I has assumed the vast majority wanted to be the 'best' woman they could be. A friend of my daughter claims to be trans - but again doesnt take hormones and doesnt want surgery.  He's 6'2" and around 200 pounds. To me he is a camp gay man, exactly what has been accepted to varying degrees since at least ancient Greek and Roman times, no issue.

A man who takes no hormones and has had no surgery but claims to identify as a woman is clearly a man imo. He can identify as a woman  - I dont object but it doesnt actually make him one any more than Cat Man Denis Avner was actually a cat.       

Edited by buctootim

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

What should young girls do if they feel upset or nervous by the sight of a biological man in their toilets and changing rooms? Suck it up? 

Edited by hypochondriac

12 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

What should young girls do if they feel upset or nervous by the site of a biological man in their toilets and changing rooms? Suck it up? 

Probably not that, I’d suggest.

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Simple question: what, in your view, would prevent a man - any man in the world - from using the women’s changing room?

More women die of old age than being attacked in toilets so they should focus on that

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

What should young girls do if they feel upset or nervous by the sight of a biological man in their toilets and changing rooms? Suck it up? 

17 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

I'm with you and the concencus in this. That said, I can't imagine how young boys would feel about about getting changed around a biological man who's dressed as a woman and/or been through some changes to present as a woman. Not an easy subject and not one I want to wade into. 

Edited by egg

30 minutes ago, egg said:

I'm with you and the concencus in this. That said, I can't imagine how young boys would feel about about getting changed around a biological man who's dressed as a woman and/or been through some changes to present as a woman. Not an easy subject and not one I want to wade into. 

I don't think the two are particularly comparable to be honest. The potential threat a biological man poses to a female in a woman's space is clearly leagues greater than a man in a dress in the gents. 

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I don't think the two are particularly comparable to be honest. The potential threat a biological man poses to a female in a woman's space is clearly leagues greater than a man in a dress in the gents. 

They're a related issue, and the trans issue is not just male to female. Physical safety wise, yep, much more of an issue male to female, but you can't have a debate on the subject without looking at female to male trans. 

25 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I'm astonished by the amount of Saintsweb users who seemingly hang around public toilets and changing rooms waiting for offences to occur. 

It's the ones committing the offences that worry me more Weston. 

TBH it doesn’t even need to go as far as sexual assault in order to be a serious issue. Even if 100% of trans women are completely harmless and respectful, there’s still an issue of privacy, dignity and consent. I’m not a sex offender, I don’t present any threat to women as such but that doesn’t give me the right to override their consent when it comes to nudity, regardless of how I ‘self identify’.

It works both ways too. Egg mentioned how young boys would feel seeing a bloke in a dress getting changed; for me that’s not an issue. Far more of a problem would be if I was a teenage boy and a naked girl was stood next to me ‘self identifying’ as a man. All joking aside, how would you feel standing around naked with all the boys you knew at school, each with a stonking great horn. It’d be highly damaging to a young man’s psyche.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, egg said:

They're a related issue, and the trans issue is not just male to female. Physical safety wise, yep, much more of an issue male to female, but you can't have a debate on the subject without looking at female to male trans. 

I'm not sure what you'd be looking at. Is someone making the argument that a bloke in a dress should be barred from the men's changing room because another bloke might not like it? If so I haven't seen that articulated anywhere and it obviously isn't anything like the same scale as biological men in the women's. 

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

TBH it doesn’t even need to go as far as sexual assault in order to be a serious issue. Even if 100% of trans women are completely harmless and respectful, there’s still an issue of privacy, dignity and consent. I’m not a sex offender, I don’t present any threat to women as such but that doesn’t give me the right to override their consent when it comes to nudity, regardless of how I ‘self identify’.

It works both ways too. Egg mentioned how young boys would feel seeing a bloke in a dress getting changed; for me that’s not an issue. Far more of a problem would be if I was a teenage boy and a naked girl was stood next to me ‘self identifying’ as a man. All joking aside, how would you feel standing around naked with all the boys you knew at school, each with a stonking great horn. It’d be highly damaging to a young man’s psyche.

Don't threaten me with a good time. 

34 minutes ago, egg said:

It's the ones committing the offences that worry me more Weston. 

Isn't the point that you don't know who the ones committing the offences are so every man in a woman's space feels like a threat to some women. You had the head of a rape crisis centre saying that any women threatened by the sight of a man using the centres need to become less bigoted. That's clearly wrong. 

On 04/05/2024 at 13:40, The Kraken said:

And still we carry on with a man telling women what they should and shouldn’t be fearful of in protected spaces.

Ridiculous isn’t it. He claims Ched Evans deserved his miscarriage of justice because of the way he treated that bird, claiming he’s stick8ng up for females. Yet he is happy for a 50 year old hairy arsed builder to get changed next to her. Weirdo….

56 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Ridiculous isn’t it. He claims Ched Evans deserved his miscarriage of justice because of the way he treated that bird, claiming he’s stick8ng up for females. Yet he is happy for a 50 year old hairy arsed builder to get changed next to her. Weirdo….

Father to three girls apparently as well. Totally fine with a bloke getting his cock out next to them in the changing rooms.