Male Privilege

whelk

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

International womens day tomorrow. One of the highlights of the year Which means only one thing. Social media full of women with meaningless hand gestures. Last year was I believe a raise palm facing the camera, the year before was one forearm over the other. This year they seem to be going for a X, which means it could be confused with a X factor or West Ham fans. I for one love nothing more than seeing the good and the great females challenging the status quo in such a powerful way

23 minutes ago, Turkish said:

International womens day tomorrow. One of the highlights of the year Which means only one thing. Social media full of women with meaningless hand gestures. Last year was I believe a raise palm facing the camera, the year before was one forearm over the other. This year they seem to be going for a X, which means it could be confused with a X factor or West Ham fans. I for one love nothing more than seeing the good and the great females challenging the status quo in such a powerful way

I think it is wonderful that the progress made in woman's rights, that the best US female swimmer has a penis. 

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Penny cant even do the crossing arms thing properly so god knows how she's going to be able to consider intersectionality more carefully.

Takes me back to bookies’ tic tac. Was the sign for ‘double carpet’ 33/1

what is intersectionality? 

Just now, whelk said:

Takes me back to bookies’ tic tac. Was the sign for ‘double carpet’ 33/1

what is intersectionality? 

You dont know? How depressing, welcome to the 70s where Whelk is at his most comfortable.

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Penny cant even do the crossing arms thing properly so god knows how she's going to be able to consider intersectionality more carefully.

And just reading some of those wishes. Fucking Tammy wanting to influence others’ beliefs and actions - talk about vague

Just now, Turkish said:

You dont know? How depressing, welcome to the 70s where Whelk is at his most comfortable.

I thought it was it where a bloke knocks one out in the corner whilst watching his missus getting shagged. No?

Just now, whelk said:

And just reading some of those wishes. Fucking Tammy wanting to influence others’ beliefs and actions - talk about vague

The sort of obnoxious cretin that's always telling others what to do, thinks she's just strongly opinionated and probably desribes herself as marmite, when in reality means everyone thinks shes a twat.

1 minute ago, whelk said:

I thought it was it where a bloke knocks one out in the corner whilst watching his missus getting shagged. No?

You're assuming the bloke has a penis. Your bigotry will be your undoing.

3 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

My wife's reaction on seeing that - "That's pathetic".

Probably the reaction of most sane people. Sadly there are those desperate to prove how woke they are will lap it up. On that note where is @aintforever? Usually his claxon goes off within seconds of being able to give no opinion but alluded to being highly virtuous 

36 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Probably the reaction of most sane people. Sadly there are those desperate to prove how woke they are will lap it up. On that note where is @aintforever? Usually his claxon goes off within seconds of being able to give no opinion but alluded to being highly virtuous 

Didn’t hear it but JK Rowling was mocking Anneliese Dodds (shadow something) for not being able to define a woman on radio 4.

Labour still clueless about what chimes with voters

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All 4 finalists on SAS Who Dares Wins are women and dont we know it! All the talk on GMB this morning is how amazing it is and the men werent strong enough. A triumph for a show which is the ITV poster child for equality.

• 1 month later...

There’s a ridiculous new EE advert, which I’ve just seen on TV this evening. The sheer tone deaf, ignorance of this is genuinely quite a slap in the face. Had a look on Twitter and everyone is piling in, can’t imagine it’ll be around long.

11 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

There’s a ridiculous new EE advert, which I’ve just seen on TV this evening. The sheer tone deaf, ignorance of this is genuinely quite a slap in the face. Had a look on Twitter and everyone is piling in, can’t imagine it’ll be around long.

Absolutely insane. Not sure how this helps EE to sell phones either. I swear I saw a stay a while ago that said the vast majority of abuse that women receive online is from other women... 

4 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

If they are so keen on sending a message about battling mysogeny they should withdraw from the World Cup.

Indeed. Make a stance that is a a sacrifice not just hollow PR BS

A very odd advert. Sexism is a problem, but do people still really tell women they belong in the kitchen. Seems like they've wheeled out a cliche to make a point, rather than actually doing anything of substance. With the platform they have, maybe they could celebrate the women's team, rather than ask Gareth to drearily voice over something he clearly doesn't care about.

Oh, and obviously you can buy the shirt...

And EE have a website dedicated to "Hope United" that lists their 4-4-3 plan. They don't even know how many players are in a football team ffs

On 05/07/2022 at 22:29, Lighthouse said:

I’ve just seen it for the first time, Jesus wept

• 2 weeks later...