Male Privilege

whelk

Had to look this up after I heard on news. Preposterous suggestion of male curfew even for the fucking Green Party

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9350711/Green-peer-calls-MEN-face-6pm-CURFEW-wake-Sarah-Everard-murder.html

Newsnight yesterday was basically a discussion concluding toxic masculinity was out of control and the streets were like Mogadishu for women in UK.

The presenter Emma Barnett has a a serious problem about many things. 

Feels like nothing these days can ever be viewed as isolated and media must weed out the root cause and imply culture issue. Getting nauseating.

And the Sarah Everard disappearance story is terrifying and when first heard just couldn’t stop thinking about her  - I have two daughters who both boldly walk late at night despite dad’s advice. I always struggle why such an evil bastard can’t gratify himself without taking someone’s loved one and how callous must be to be able to do something like that randomly to an innocent person with no real motive (assumed at this point). Losing a family member is traumatic enough and knowing that their last minutes were in absolute fear must be unbearable.

So absolutely support making streets safer and understand the fear women experience but feels like this horrendous murder is also mobilising those with axes to grind aga8nst the patriarchy and ‘male privilege’.

The overall reaction to a very tragic incident is very absurd. Not sure how other men are supposed to challenge rapists/murderers behaviour anymore than other women can.

The green party suggestion is both appallingly sexist(against the vast majority of law abiding males) and would make streets less safe.

20 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

The overall reaction to a very tragic incident is very absurd. Not sure how other men are supposed to challenge rapists/murderers behaviour anymore than other women can.

The green party suggestion is both appallingly sexist(against the vast majority of law abiding males) and would make streets less safe.

Its not a Green Party suggestion. Its just one person in a house of 800 expressing her personal (ridiculous) view

Edited by buctootim
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Had to look this up after I heard on news. Preposterous suggestion of male curfew even for the fucking Green Party

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9350711/Green-peer-calls-MEN-face-6pm-CURFEW-wake-Sarah-Everard-murder.html

Newsnight yesterday was basically a discussion concluding toxic masculinity was out of control and the streets were like Mogadishu for women in UK.

Feels like nothing these days can ever be viewed as isolated and media must weed out the root cause and imply culture issue. Getting nauseating.

And the Sarah Everard disappearance story is terrifying and when first heard just couldn’t stop thinking about her  - I have two daughters who both boldly walk late at night despite dad’s advice. I always struggle why such an evil bastard can’t gratify himself without taking someone’s loved one and how callous must be to be able to do something like that randomly to an innocent person with no real motive (assumed at this point). Losing a family member is traumatic enough and knowing that their last minutes were in absolute fear must be unbearable.

So absolutely support making streets safer and understand the fear women experience but feels like this horrendous murder is also mobilising those with axes to grind aga8nst the patriarchy and ‘male privilege’.

Yep, I had to turn over eventually.  It seems there's an eagerness to bash blokes and things like the murder of Sarah Everard are seen as an opportunity to indulge it.  Obviously the caveat is that the murder was horrendous (as are all murders) and despicable.  Also not doubting that men are almost always the perpetrators of physical crimes so there's a problem but it's a very small minority of men and yet men seemed to be grouped in as a collective homogenous bunch and it's all our fault.  The perception of risk amongst women is disproportionate when you consider that men are actually more at risk (of murder at least) but it's also the case that anyone walking alone in the dark will have increased fear regardless of gender.  This grouping of men as a collective simply wouldn't be tolerated in any other group either by gender or race.  Can you imagine the outcry if a suggestion is made that there should be a curfew for blacks? It would rightly be condemned so why is it OK to group all men together?  Of course I do realise that this is some looney suggestion that no one is taking that seriously but it does illustrate the type of language that people feel is OK to use.  

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

According to ONS, 36% of murder victims are female. I can’t imagine how terrifying that must be, being a woman - knowing you’re part of the gender which makes up over 1/3 of murder victims. 😟

A real shocking statistic given there are over 1000 genders. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, whelk said:

Twitter, as you’d expect, is rife with left wing woke brigade screaming about this one. 

“it’s not all men, but we can’t tell the difference between the bad and good” is a popular argument for this. Seemly go quiet when challenged if we should Ban all Muslims from public transport and busy city centers. After all, we can’t tell the good from the bad. 

It’s tragic and sad, but very unsurprising, the the wokists will capitalise on a terribly sad incident to push their pathetic embarrassing agenda. 

The worst thing about all of this, is that you’re statistically more likely to get killed on your walk home as a man, than you are a women. 

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

According to ONS, 36% of murder victims are female. I can’t imagine how terrifying that must be, being a woman - knowing you’re part of the gender which makes up over 1/3 of murder victims. 😟

There are approx 800 homicides per year in the UK, and the latest published figures, for the year to March 2020, state that there were only 23 cases where the offender was a stranger to a female victim.

Edited by badgerx16

2 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

There are approx 800 homicides per year in the UK, and the latest published figures, for the year to March 2020, state that there were only 23 cases where the offender was a stranger to a female victim.

https://www.murdermap.co.uk/statistics/london-murders-2021-latest-total/

These are the recorded murders so far in 2021, for the London area. It would appear BLM is no longer flavour of the month on woke social media. 

Guys, I've included a cheat sheet for quick reference:

1) Rape = All Males responsible

2) Racism = All Whites Responsible

3) LGBTQI+ discrimination = All people of a defined gender responsible

4) Climate change = All humans responsible

Take ownership of all your sins. If you are a white male you own all of this.

• Like 1

Men are disproportionately the target of violence in the UK.  Instead of the narrative being "How do we stop men attacking women" perhaps it should be "How do we stop people attacking people".   Baroness Jones needs to be investigated for her prejudice, and probably removed from her post in the meantime.  We all know she won't be though.  

3 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

"All men are rapists".

I remember Jermaine Greer on QT saying something along the lines of "All men are potential rapists" and got roundly booed by the audience.  Can't seem to find the clip now though.  

1 hour ago, Manuel said:

Men are disproportionately the target of violence in the UK.  Instead of the narrative being "How do we stop men attacking women" perhaps it should be "How do we stop people attacking people".   Baroness Jones needs to be investigated for her prejudice, and probably removed from her post in the meantime.  We all know she won't be though.  

Probably men attacking people would be more appropriate as it is usually a man doing the killing.

The idea of a curfew is bonkers but I think there is a genuine problem of women not feeling safe when out and about. It's not something that would be shown up in the murder stats, think it's more about rape, sexual assault and those sort of things. there are a lot of women who have experienced this sort of thing, much goes un-reported and very few result in convictions.

1 hour ago, Manuel said:

I remember Jermaine Greer on QT saying something along the lines of "All men are potential rapists" and got roundly booed by the audience.  Can't seem to find the clip now though.  

Britain's most 'prolific' rapist is thought to have had around 190 victims - all of them male.

I think a lot of blokes look at women with a view to would they fuck them if they are honest with themselves. But a thin line between being the creep that makes them feel uncomfortable.

In an office situation if two blokes behave the same way flirting with a female colleague, if one is a fit bloke and the other an anorak they will like the attention of the first and think the other is a creep but is same behaviour just whether courted or not. Minefleld

• Like 2

3 hours ago, revolution saint said:

Yep, I had to turn over eventually.  It seems there's an eagerness to bash blokes and things like the murder of Sarah Everard are seen as an opportunity to indulge it.  Obviously the caveat is that the murder was horrendous (as are all murders) and despicable.  Also not doubting that men are almost always the perpetrators of physical crimes so there's a problem but it's a very small minority of men and yet men seemed to be grouped in as a collective homogenous bunch and it's all our fault.  The perception of risk amongst women is disproportionate when you consider that men are actually more at risk (of murder at least) but it's also the case that anyone walking alone in the dark will have increased fear regardless of gender.  This grouping of men as a collective simply wouldn't be tolerated in any other group either by gender or race.  Can you imagine the outcry if a suggestion is made that there should be a curfew for blacks? It would rightly be condemned so why is it OK to group all men together?  Of course I do realise that this is some looney suggestion that no one is taking that seriously but it does illustrate the type of language that people feel is OK to use.  

Exactly. Although as we are top of the food chain as a group people are happy to generalise whereas would be mortified to apply generalisation to any minority group.

9 minutes ago, whelk said:

I think a lot of blokes look at women with a view to would they fuck them if they are honest with themselves. But a thin line between being the creep that makes them feel uncomfortable.

In an office situation if two blokes behave the same way flirting with a female colleague, if one is a fit bloke and the other an anorak they will like the attention of the first and think the other is a creep but is same behaviour just whether courted or not. Minefleld

The Fifty Shades series of books/films has shown us that a large number of women will fantasise about what is essentially an abusive, controlling relationship if the man is handsome and rich. Not that this has anything to do with this poor woman being murdered in the park.

I think the principle of what’s being discussed can actually be extrapolated to 99.9% of the animal kingdom, not just human women. Any living organism out at night, in the open and alone is at risk of predation. All the advice which is given to women in this regard, I’d generally apply to myself anyway. The idea that men can all go strolling around rough council estates or unlit parkland alone, at 2am without fear of harm is just daft.

• Like 1

It's ok she has since come out and said she said it for a laugh, she then said it was in response to women being told by the police to not go out alone, because that is a type of curfew, so it seems it's not really the green bantz she makes it out to be.

Anyway it's equally ridiculous to say that all man are to blame for the crimes of the very small minority as it is to say that one person's view represents the left.

52 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Probably men attacking people would be more appropriate as it is usually a man doing the killing.

Yes, fair point.  Since I'm spouting off, here's an idea.  If we all agree that we would prefer a completely non-violent society, perhaps we should start by banning all combat sports, boxing matches, karate clubs etc.  It's difficult to say we want less violence then fervently cheer on Fury smashing his fists into Joshua's face and make the winner a national hero.  It would be a shame, only yesterday I enjoyed an old Joe Calzaghe bout on Youtube, but it might be an interesting social experiment.  

3 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

https://www.murdermap.co.uk/statistics/london-murders-2021-latest-total/

These are the recorded murders so far in 2021, for the London area. It would appear BLM is no longer flavour of the month on woke social media. 

Shockingly, where a cause of death is mentioned in that list, one involves an old lady being beaten to death with a walking stick but all the rest were 'stabbed' or died of stab wounds.

54 minutes ago, whelk said:

Spot on. ‘Harassment’ is subjective. One girl will be horrified by a sexual comment whereas another would lap it up. I know loads of women who will flirt with men on a night out, usually the seedy middle aged ones, to get a few free drinks. 

Whilst we’re on the subject, let’s not pretend that women don’t sexualise men as well.

As usual though, he (or she in this case) shouts loudest, isn’t a true representation of the general public. 

I used to know an attractive American lesbian who moved to the UK. In the states she was used to guys really overtly checking her out in the street and hated it. But in the UK they didn't (I think we're just a bit more discreet). Although part of her liked that, it also dented her confidence. She knew it was a contradiction.   

Edited by buctootim

31 minutes ago, SKD said:

Spot on. ‘Harassment’ is subjective. One girl will be horrified by a sexual comment whereas another would lap it up. I know loads of women who will flirt with men on a night out, usually the seedy middle aged ones, to get a few free drinks. 

Whilst we’re on the subject, let’s not pretend that women don’t sexualise men as well.

As usual though, he (or she in this case) shouts loudest, isn’t a true representation of the general public. 

I know girls in the office who have had a fuck list in ranking order. Same with size of cock. Never found out if I was number 1 in both

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, whelk said:

I know girls in the office who have had a fuck list in ranking order. Same with size of cock. Never found out if I was number 1 in both

I once had a girl tell me I was number one when it came to cock size. Problem was she was a hairdresser and was actually referencing the length used on hair clippers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Having a massive cock and being a massive cock are different you know?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, whelk said:

I smashed my cock to pieces a while back and never go out after 6pm. It’s called doing your bit.

How can you present it as a peace Offering when it’s smashed to bits? I’d rather present a freshly amputated, flaccid penis with “I’m sorry for being a man” engraved into the foreskin to present to the woke gangs protesting for a 6pm  curfew. I hope they will accept my apology, I was born this was and forever ashamed 

I really hope this curfew comes in. Just for the absolute ‘banta’ when there is a hysterical and hypocritical break down from the left when everyone is identifying as a female, fridge, tree, microwave etc and still roaming the streets. 

Fantastic stuff. 

17 minutes ago, SKD said:

I really hope this curfew comes in. Just for the absolute ‘banta’ when there is a hysterical and hypocritical break down from the left when everyone is identifying as a female, fridge, tree, microwave etc and still roaming the streets. 

Fantastic stuff. 

I’d certainly start identifying as another gender if they brought a curfew in, I’m a black pansexual today, take that you Green Party cum buckets 🖕🏽

11 hours ago, Turkish said:

How can you present it as a peace Offering when it’s smashed to bits? I’d rather present a freshly amputated, flaccid penis with “I’m sorry for being a man” engraved into the foreskin to present to the woke gangs protesting for a 6pm  curfew. I hope they will accept my apology, I was born this was and forever ashamed 

Ah but I got the pieces framed and hung in our house. It’s called ‘Male Aggression’ and helps remind me when I see a lady with make-up on. That I have made her do that, cause she needs to look good for me and I so wish she didn’t feel the need.

Edited by whelk

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, whelk said:

Look at this misogynist bastard who thinks about fucking women. Labour going to implode on this sort of thing no doubt and alienate many.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/19174423.labour-by-election-candidate-apologises-tory-milf-tweet-emerges/

‘in the light of Sarah Everard……’ from Lisa Nandy. 

The right wing at the vanguard of cancel culture.

First we had the CPS not bothering to prosecute sexual offences (nice one Soggy!), then the Government are trying to introduce a bill to make the burden of proof higher, now we have the prison service happily letting (alleged) sexual offenders go!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-56554492

Police are searching for a man who was mistakenly released from a west London jail.

William Fernandez was being held on remand at HMP Wormwood Scrubs where he was awaiting trial for various offences including sexual assault.

8 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

First we had the CPS not bothering to prosecute sexual offences (nice one Soggy!), then the Government are trying to introduce a bill to make the burden of proof higher, now we have the prison service happily letting (alleged) sexual offenders go!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-56554492

"happily" really? 🙄

• Like 1