Coronavirus

whelk

1 hour ago, CollinsDic said:

Sorry if I upset you with pure logic. Go to night school, maybe they can help you with understanding written language and meanings. If you say something is 100% wrong, that means you are also saying the opposite must be true/right. Get it now?

"2 + 2 = 7" is 100% wrong, but what is the opposite that "must be true" ?

Edited by badgerx16

1 hour ago, CollinsDic said:

Sorry if I upset you with pure logic. Go to night school, maybe they can help you with understanding written language and meanings. If you say something is 100% wrong, that means you are also saying the opposite must be true/right. Get it now?

No, I don't get that and never will.

You seriously need to get help.

40 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

"2 + 2 = 7" is 100% wrong, but what is the opposite that "must be true" ?

Whats the opposite to "lets give Ralph Hasenhuttl 6 games at the start of the season and see how he does"

Is it "I hate him sack him now" or is it "he's the greatest ever manager we've ever had".

Apparently you can only pick one of those. Only one "must be true".

That's what they teach you at Language and Meaning lessons at Night School. I simply must go.

Edited by CB Fry

3 hours ago, CollinsDic said:

They could both be wrong. Nothing is ever black or white.

I am looking into going to nightschool. Any ideas what course I need to go on to understand stuff?

nothing came back when typed ‘use your loaf’.  Maybe I will just book on crochet

Edited by whelk
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

Exactly, but Lighthouse claimed the anti-vaxxers were 100% wrong, totally debunked etc. So he was saying it is wrong, not grey at all.

As I asked previously....

On 20/06/2021 at 11:31, Weston Super Saint said:

He didn't.  He said the vaccine myths had been completely debunked.  He didn't claim anything else, subliminally or otherwise.

Do you agree that the vaccine myths have been debunked or are there any that currently ring true (and are therefore not myths)?

???

3 hours ago, CollinsDic said:

Exactly, but Lighthouse claimed the anti-vaxxers were 100% wrong, totally debunked etc. So he was saying it is wrong, not grey at all.

Because they are. The vaccine is not a control mechanism, is not a programmable implant or microchip, it will not alter your DNA, it will not make you infertile, it does not contain foetal tissue, it will not give you CoViD-19, it is safe for people with compromised immune systems, and it is safe for older people. ( I think that covers most of them ).

Simples.

Edited by badgerx16

14 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

As I asked previously....

???

I've asked the same question twice now, but Collins has ignored it twice. Using my newly found language and meaning skills, there is only one conclusion that can be drawn; since he hasn't responded with which myths have been debunked, the logic states that he agrees that they have ALL been debunked.  Since he therefore agrees that they have ALL been debunked he must also agree that the vaccine is wholesome and goodly.

That's how this language and meaning thing works isn't it?

17 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Because they are. The vaccine is not a control mechanism, is not a programmable implant or microchip, it will not alter your DNA, it will not make you infertile, it does not contain foetal tissue, it will not give you CoViD-19, it is safe for people with compromised immune systems, and it is safe for older people. ( I think that covers most of them ).

Simples.

In which case he is saying the vaccine is perfect, true, factual, life saving and godly. Thanks for conforming.

6 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I've asked the same question twice now, but Collins has ignored it twice. Using my newly found language and meaning skills, there is only one conclusion that can be drawn; since he hasn't responded with which myths have been debunked, the logic states that he agrees that they have ALL been debunked.  Since he therefore agrees that they have ALL been debunked he must also agree that the vaccine is wholesome and goodly.

That's how this language and meaning thing works isn't it?

All your infantile questions are always answered. You choose not to listen due to your cognitive dissonance, having been so utterly brainwashed into believing everything on TV is true.

20 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

In which case he is saying the vaccine is perfect, true, factual, life saving and godly. Thanks for conforming.

Do you agree that the anti-vaxxers claims have been debunked. ( If you somehow still disagree, could you provide verifiable evidence to support such a position ).

Edited by badgerx16

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Do you agree that the anti-vaxxers claims have been debunked. ( If you somehow still disagree, could you provide verifiable evidence to support such a position ).

"All your infantile questions are always answered. You choose not to listen due to your cognitive dissonance, having been so utterly brainwashed into believing everything on TV is true."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57546042

The crowd capacity at Wembley will be raised to more than 60,000 for the semi-finals and final of Euro 2020, says the UK government.

It means the stadium will be at 75% capacity for the games.

It's become very convenient how they can just keep slapping a 'test event' label onto sporting fixtures when the governing bodies are threatening to move them elsewhere / cancel them!  A similar label has been put onto Wimbledon to allow 100% capacity for the finals!

I'm sure next week we'll have an announcement that travelling fans will be fine to come from amber and red countries for the final at Wembley without having to quarantine as part of the 'test event' (let's face it, no 'home' countries will make the semis or finals so they've got to fill it with fans from elsewhere!).  Just like the announcement we had last week that the 2,000 'officials' for the final won't have to quarantine, when UEFA threatened to move the final!

I imagine that the previous 'test events' that have been run haven't provided very positive results, hence why we have to extend the lockdown measures!  Still, I'm sure adding another couple in to the calendar will change all that and that they definitely aren't an indication that the Government will back down at the first sign of losing money!

9 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

"All your infantile questions are always answered. You choose not to listen due to your cognitive dissonance, having been so utterly brainwashed into believing everything on TV is true."

You aren't trying to tell me that there is no such thing as a time travelling Police box ?

4 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57546042

It's become very convenient how they can just keep slapping a 'test event' label onto sporting fixtures when the governing bodies are threatening to move them elsewhere / cancel them!  A similar label has been put onto Wimbledon to allow 100% capacity for the finals!

I'm sure next week we'll have an announcement that travelling fans will be fine to come from amber and red countries for the final at Wembley without having to quarantine as part of the 'test event' (let's face it, no 'home' countries will make the semis or finals so they've got to fill it with fans from elsewhere!).  Just like the announcement we had last week that the 2,000 'officials' for the final won't have to quarantine, when UEFA threatened to move the final!

I imagine that the previous 'test events' that have been run haven't provided very positive results, hence why we have to extend the lockdown measures!  Still, I'm sure adding another couple in to the calendar will change all that and that they definitely aren't an indication that the Government will back down at the first sign of losing money!

The British GP has apparently been granted permission for a capacity, 140,000 crowd, which I’m obviously delighted about. You’ve got a point but the F1 and the Wimbledon finals are literally hours before all restrictions are due to end anyway and the semis are about 10 days before I think. It’d take a couple of weeks for any effect to be noticed anyway, which would be after the 19th so…. 🤷‍♂️

19 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

No, this is not at all true. There have been proven deaths caused by some of the vaccines. Do you not also find it odd that this time around the government revokes the public's right to sue for malpractice in the event any of the Vaccines harm? Can you imagine why that might be?

Bottom line, keeping on track and not allowing you to deflect me, by saying it is 100% true the vaccines work and all anti-vaxing news is 100% debunked, you are saying the vaccine is 100% perfect and godly, my original claim thus is valid and accurate. Thank you.

20 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

No, this is not at all true. There have been proven deaths caused by some of the vaccines. Do you not also find it odd that this time around the government revokes the public's right to sue for malpractice in the event any of the Vaccines harm? Can you imagine why that might be?

Bottom line, keeping on track and not allowing you to deflect me, by saying it is 100% true the vaccines work and all anti-vaxing news is 100% debunked, you are saying the vaccine is 100% perfect and godly, my original claim thus is valid and accurate. Thank you.

The aliens controlling the implant in your head sure have earnt their pay over the last few weeks.

The risk of death as a result of vaccination is absolutely minute, you are far more likely to die from being struck by lightning or falling out of bed, ( or perhaps being struck by lightning whilst falling out of bed ). As for malpractice payments, the CoViD vaccines are covered by the Vaccine Damage Payment Scheme in the UK. I suspect the revocation of the right to sue the manufacturers is more to do with the fast track program for development by which the Government reduced the timetable and red tape for creation, testing, and certification of the vaccines.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

We're all just laughing at you.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

Saying that the vaccines work (which they do) is not saying that they are 100% perfect (which they are not). It's simply saying that they work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, egg said:

Saying that the vaccines work (which they do) is not saying that they are 100% perfect (which they are not). It's simply saying that they work.

But in Collins's black and white world, unless they work 100% effectively then they don't work at all - that's how this opposites thing works isn't it?

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

But in Collins's black and white world, unless they work 100% effectively then they don't work at all - that's how this opposites thing works isn't it?

But, my car works. It's not 100% perfect though. Maybe it doesn't actually work. I'm confused now. 

18 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

Dear me, the lack of basic English skills among you is scary.

Not as scary as the possibility, however faint, that this persona you are exhibiting is genuine, and there is a real person out there thinking and believing the crap you post.

7 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Nonsense, the vaccine makes you immortal. 

Exactly what you were saying before, even though you denied it. Never mind. I know your types on here. Never wrong, will argue black is white rather than concede they were wrong. The UK folk are known for it.

5 hours ago, egg said:

Depends on your perspective mate...hopefully he'll now bite. Entertainment. 

The bottom line is, he wants people to bite and people oblige. What people of his ilk hate more than anything is to be ignored.... Will never happen of course because, seemingly, people aren't clever enough to work it out...

Edited by trousers

8 minutes ago, trousers said:

The bottom line is, he wants people to bite and people oblige. What people of his ilk hate more than anything is to be ignored.... Will never happen of course because, seemingly, people aren't clever enough to work it out...

Au contraire, ma cherie.

30 minutes ago, trousers said:

As I say, perspective. It amuses me. 

35 minutes ago, trousers said:

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde: If there's one thing worse than being talked about, it's not being talked about.

36 minutes ago, trousers said:

Er, what? I'm taking the piss out of a moron for my own amusement. 

33 minutes ago, trousers said:

Surely that only works if they have the self-awareness to realise they're having the piss taken out of them...? :)

Nah, I'm good. When a certified nut job tells me to go to night school to understand words and meaning then they're fair game for a bit.

I will get round to ignoring him eventually. I'd like to see his views on our full back situation or on the quality or otherwise of Michael Obafemi. He's quite quiet on that side of the forum.

So from start of day all news leading with fucking green or amber country announcements without anything happening yet.  Either I am becoming even more of a grumpy cunt but standard of news since Covid has declined. No substance whatsoever to so many articles.

48 minutes ago, whelk said:

So from start of day all news leading with fucking green or amber country announcements without anything happening yet.  Either I am becoming even more of a grumpy cunt but standard of news since Covid has declined. No substance whatsoever to so many articles.

Northern Ireland have added Malta, Madeira and Balearics. But don’t let that get in the way of you being outraged.